🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police Shootings in Black America: The 2018 Data Is In

and, surprise surprise - the data DOES NOT support the narrative that leftists are desperate to push

turns out that we do not have a national crisis where cops are targeting and killing innocent black folks

who was the racist that wrote this article?

adrian-norman.jpg
Adrian Norman

There were 15 shooting deaths by police of unarmed black men in the United States in 2018, according to official data compiled by The Washington Post.

These figures come despite pervasive, yet misplaced, public outcry that has characterized police shootings of blacks as pathologically widespread and the most critical issue facing the black community.

Year after year, the statistics don’t support that narrative, and 2018 was no exception.

Let’s discuss the real tragedy of last year.

The Baltimore Sun reported that 217 blacks were killed in Baltimore in shooting deaths, while The Los Angeles Times said that 124 black victims were shot and killed in Los Angeles in 2018, and the Chicago Tribune reported 279 blacks were shot to death last year.

In three of the largest cities in the country, 620 blacks were slaughtered with no outcry from leftist media pundits. There were no candlelight vigils or marches, no outrage from celebrity athletes or prominent leftist black leaders, and certainly no attention from the Democrats who control policymaking in those cities.

Just 0.01 percent of the murders of blacks in the United States are from officer-involved shootings. To state this more clearly, 99.99 percent of murders of blacks in the United States are non-police related.

This is the real epidemic.

Things go wrong when you are in contact with armed folks in tense situations.

In the big sense, we agree though. The largest problem the black man has isn't police.

The racism that still exists makes it easier to slack off. Its like when that boss doesn't like you, you don't work as hard for him. From there we get a whole spiral of decay.

You can thank your economic system for that and the notion that whites are working hard is fiction. Guess that's what happens when the power structure divorces worker productivity from worker compensation as we did a half century ago now.

Can you be more exact? in what you mean? I don't get the reference.

FWIW though, I've been to the ghetto and the suburbs. Unless we're talking how hard you have to work to sell crack and not get jailed or killed I'm not sure what you mean.

Look, nobody in the “I am a victim because I’m black” community wants to hear these figures, and the fact that a black (Uncle Tom) wrote it, doesn’t make it any more relevant in their (blind) eyes. If one black is killed by a cop, then all cops are racist.

No one ever said all cops were racist Nancy, calm down. If anyone is currently caterwauling about being a victim it’s fragile white males and you sound like one of them. To assert the power of the state cannot arbitrarily murder unarmed non-threatening citizens in the streets should be a very conservative position. Is it only "consevative" if the citizen is question at the time is white? Or are you one of those fragile white males that cannot abide the rights of citizens to question and challenge governmental power and authority?

You are assuming much. Police cannot just assume people are unarmed until they pull a gun and shoot them. That's how you die.

Well sir... I don't intend to die. If someone gives me cause to shoot and refuses my orders, I'm going to fire on them, before they fire on me.

Now if you can provide clear cut proof, that the officer in question absolutely knew the person was completely unarmed, and was of no threat to anyone.... ok make that case, and I'll support the officer being taken to court over it.

But the vast majority of these "unarmed victims" that I have been able to see video of, the 'victim' was refusing to obey orders, intentionally provoking a response, and many were violent. So no... this isn't 'assert the power of the state' or some arbitrary murder. This is justice being served, and served for the benefit of the entire society, that a bit of human garbage was removed from our ranks.

That's certainly true, police officers can find themselves in a sticky situation where the only thing they can do is shoot.

But that doesn't mean that police officers can't be trained to avoid trouble and reduce the number of confrontations.

Take the Ferguson situation. Officer Wilson stopped when he saw the gentle giant Michael Brown walking down the middle of the street and confronted him. If he would have just rolled down the window, told him sternly to get on the sidewalk, and drove off to the local Krispy Kreme to flirt with the waitress- the confrontation would have never occurred.
True, but that is not how we police our internal colonies. What get's one off the hook for murder? "I was afraid."

OK, you're too afriad to be a professional policeman, get another gig, you're out of a job at the very least.

No, I've never heard a defense of a police officer as being "I was afraid".

It's more like, refusing to obey orders, having hand in his pockets or waist band, making sudden movements after being told not to.... and so on.

Look, nobody in the “I am a victim because I’m black” community wants to hear these figures, and the fact that a black (Uncle Tom) wrote it, doesn’t make it any more relevant in their (blind) eyes. If one black is killed by a cop, then all cops are racist.

No one ever said all cops were racist Nancy, calm down. If anyone is currently caterwauling about being a victim it’s fragile white males and you sound like one of them. To assert the power of the state cannot arbitrarily murder unarmed non-threatening citizens in the streets should be a very conservative position. Is it only "consevative" if the citizen is question at the time is white? Or are you one of those fragile white males that cannot abide the rights of citizens to question and challenge governmental power and authority?

You are assuming much. Police cannot just assume people are unarmed until they pull a gun and shoot them. That's how you die.

Well sir... I don't intend to die. If someone gives me cause to shoot and refuses my orders, I'm going to fire on them, before they fire on me.

Now if you can provide clear cut proof, that the officer in question absolutely knew the person was completely unarmed, and was of no threat to anyone.... ok make that case, and I'll support the officer being taken to court over it.

But the vast majority of these "unarmed victims" that I have been able to see video of, the 'victim' was refusing to obey orders, intentionally provoking a response, and many were violent. So no... this isn't 'assert the power of the state' or some arbitrary murder. This is justice being served, and served for the benefit of the entire society, that a bit of human garbage was removed from our ranks.

That's certainly true, police officers can find themselves in a sticky situation where the only thing they can do is shoot.

But that doesn't mean that police officers can't be trained to avoid trouble and reduce the number of confrontations.

Take the Ferguson situation. Officer Wilson stopped when he saw the gentle giant Michael Brown walking down the middle of the street and confronted him. If he would have just rolled down the window, told him sternly to get on the sidewalk, and drove off to the local Krispy Kreme to flirt with the waitress- the confrontation would have never occurred.

As far as I am aware of that situation, and the witnesses to it.... that is exactly what Wilson did. He rolled down his window, and asked him to get out of the street.

Brown was no 'gentle giant'. The video tapes show that.

and, surprise surprise - the data DOES NOT support the narrative that leftists are desperate to push

turns out that we do not have a national crisis where cops are targeting and killing innocent black folks

adrian-norman.jpg
Adrian Norman

There were 15 shooting deaths by police of unarmed black men in the United States in 2018, according to official data compiled by The Washington Post.

These figures come despite pervasive, yet misplaced, public outcry that has characterized police shootings of blacks as pathologically widespread and the most critical issue facing the black community.

Year after year, the statistics don’t support that narrative, and 2018 was no exception.

The Baltimore Sun reported that 217 blacks were killed in Baltimore in shooting deaths, while The Los Angeles Times said that 124 black victims were shot and killed in Los Angeles in 2018, and the Chicago Tribune reported 279 blacks were shot to death last year.

In three of the largest cities in the country, 620 blacks were slaughtered with no outcry from leftist media pundits. There were no candlelight vigils or marches, no outrage from celebrity athletes or prominent leftist black leaders, and certainly no attention from the Democrats who control policymaking in those cities.

Just 0.01 percent of the murders of blacks in the United States are from officer-involved shootings. To state this more clearly, 99.99 percent of murders of blacks in the United States are non-police related.

In the big sense, we agree though. The largest problem the black man has isn't police.

The racism that still exists makes it easier to slack off. Its like when that boss doesn't like you, you don't work as hard for him. From there we get a whole spiral of decay.

You can thank your economic system for that and the notion that whites are working hard is fiction. Guess that's what happens when the power structure divorces worker productivity from worker compensation as we did a half century ago now.

Ridiculous. The CEO of the last company I worked for, was there at 6 AM every single morning, and didn't leave until 5 PM at night. I watched him fly down to Florida, in the middle of august, to do on-site repairs in all night long for 3 days. I saw him fly back from a vacation early, to fix an emergency.

You people are full of crap.

Go read the work habits of top CEOs.
Idiot.

adrian-norman.jpg
Adrian Norman

Ridiculous. The CEO of the last company I worked for, was there at 6 AM every single morning, and didn't leave until 5 PM at night. I watched him fly down to Florida, in the middle of august, to do on-site repairs in all night long for 3 days. I saw him fly back from a vacation early, to fix an emergency.

Idiot.

Don't get too carried away. I've worked at McDonalds before and I have a management job now.

Edit: Yes I will argue both sides of this.

But the statistics don’t match the sentiments so of course go with the sentiments

adrian-norman.jpg
Adrian Norman

Idiot.

Don't get too carried away. I've worked at McDonalds before and I have a management job now.

Anyone who thinks that our economic system, allows white people to become wealthy, without having to work hard... is full of crap.

I don't know what position you are taking on this... but this mythology of white privileged where because I am 100% Germany, and have skin so white, I get a tan from a florescent light.... means that I can sit back, relax at home, work a part time job for 20 hours a week, and collect a middle class income... is insane.

The people the rake in the big bucks, are working their butts off for it.

Even the people who are taking it easy now... are only able to do so, because they worked their butts off in the past. Yeah, Warren Buffet likely isn't killing himself for a dollar today, but that is after decades on decades of trial and error, investing for success and failure, learning from his mistakes and moving forward.

Anyone who walks around thinking that their natural tan, means the life isn't fair, and people should give them a free leg up on everyone else.... is just a loser who doesn't want to work hard.

That white guy that is head manager for the Cadillac dealership, was crawling under cars as a 20 year old, because the show did not have electric car lifts when he started working. His days today, collecting a beefy salary sitting at a desk in an air conditioned office, are from decades of him crawling under a car, and having oil and gasoline drip on his face, while he was cranking a wrench with his back on the ground.

Any left-wing idiot that thinks people woke up one morning, with some guy at the front door, saying they picked him at random for a wonderful white privilege job that they barely have to work for, is crazy.

Ironically, the only people getting those deals, are usually left-wing idiots themselves. Bill Clinton paid $18 Million as honorary chancellor, where he did a couple of speeches and that's it.

Expedia names Chelsea Clinton to board of directors

People like the Clinton, can do that sort of thing, where they don't work, but get big money.

The rest of us, not in the political realm, don't have those options. You see a typical CEO, you see someone that worked to be there.

adrian-norman.jpg
Adrian Norman

Idiot.

Anyone who thinks that our economic system, allows white people to become wealthy, without having to work hard... is full of crap.

I don't know what position you are taking on this... but this mythology of white privileged where because I am 100% Germany, and have skin so white, I get a tan from a florescent light.... means that I can sit back, relax at home, work a part time job for 20 hours a week, and collect a middle class income... is insane.

The people the rake in the big bucks, are working their butts off for it.

Even the people who are taking it easy now... are only able to do so, because they worked their butts off in the past. Yeah, Warren Buffet likely isn't killing himself for a dollar today, but that is after decades on decades of trial and error, investing for success and failure, learning from his mistakes and moving forward.

Anyone who walks around thinking that their natural tan, means the life isn't fair, and people should give them a free leg up on everyone else.... is just a loser who doesn't want to work hard.

That white guy that is head manager for the Cadillac dealership, was crawling under cars as a 20 year old, because the show did not have electric car lifts when he started working. His days today, collecting a beefy salary sitting at a desk in an air conditioned office, are from decades of him crawling under a car, and having oil and gasoline drip on his face, while he was cranking a wrench with his back on the ground.

Any left-wing idiot that thinks people woke up one morning, with some guy at the front door, saying they picked him at random for a wonderful white privilege job that they barely have to work for.

Ironically, the only people getting those deals, are usually left-wing idiots themselves. Bill Clinton paid $18 Million as honorary chancellor, where he did a couple of speeches and that's it.

Expedia names Chelsea Clinton to board of directors

People like the Clinton, can do that sort of thing, where they don't work, but get big money.

The rest of us, not in the political realm, don't have those options. You see a typical CEO, you see someone that worked to be there.

I'm riding the middle ground. Go figure, its more difficult for a black person from the ghetto to do well than a whitey from the burbs.

Human nature, not even necessarily your fault or mine. If you think the system is against you, life is harder. I also feel that some percent of the system IS mildly against blacks. Racism is out there, I've seen folks do the zip code and high school calculations out loud while going through resumes. Folks have proudly told me this should be "James Earl Ray Day".

Doesn't mean folks shouldn't be better at escaping poverty than they are. Its just the way it is.

Forum List

Back