Police State: City Shuts Down Hot Dog Stand Boy Opened To Help Disabled Parents...

It is not the government who is complaining about a kid having a hot dog stand, but local businesses.......you know, those small businesses that conservatives claim are the heart of our country

You're only partially correct. Businesses have complained, but it's the Politicians who passed the Laws.

Local government Charges business a higher tax rate in the economic zone. Parking a hot dog cart in an area with a lot of restaurants creates a low cost competition.

The kid was told to move ......just like any other food cart

Boy, you Authority-Worshippers are all heart. Nice job. :clap2:

All the kid has to do is move to an area where it is allowed

Gotta protect small business don't we?

He made $1,200 mowing lawns, why not keep that job? Blowing that much money on a hot dog stand; that might, or might not, make money, if allowed, shows little concern for his parents. This story seems odd.

He made $1,200 mowing lawns, why not keep that job? Blowing that much money on a hot dog stand; that might, or might not, make money, if allowed, shows little concern for his parents. This story seems odd.

So blame him and his parents? Your story seems much more odd. SHEESH!

No, a kid who made $1,200 mowing lawns and spent $1,200 on a so called hot dog stand, when he had good money making work already doesn't make sense. That $1,200 could have helped his parents. So, instead, the kid blows the money on a hot dog stand. Who sold equipment, supplies and food to a child? Who would give a food prep permit to a minor anyway?

No, a kid who made $1,200 mowing lawns and spent $1,200 on a so called hot dog stand, when he had good money making work already doesn't make sense. That $1,200 could have helped his parents. So, instead, the kid blows the money on a hot dog stand. Who sold equipment, supplies and food to a child? Who would give a food prep permit to a minor anyway?

Yes, HEIL BIG BROTHER!! You have fun with that. Gotta go. See ya. :cuckoo:

Zoning laws are among the most unjust things about America but are entirely within libertarian beliefs as they are local in nature and made by local authorities.

Like everything else you post about, you obvioiusly don't know jack shit about libertarians. None of them support zoning laws.

Liberatarians don't support government just because it's local. Government is at best a necessary evil, whether it's federal, state or local, and 95% of the time it isn't necessary.

So blame him and his parents? Your story seems much more odd. SHEESH!

I Don't blame the kid, I blame the parents

They should be damn sure before they let their kid blow that kind of money

What a humongous goose stepping douche bag you are.

The kid obviously believed he would get a bigger return by selling hot dogs. He could easily make $300-$500/day. That's called an "investment," a term you obviously don't understand.

Because hot dog stands tend to make good money. Low overhead, returning customers.

Many business people take these types of investments, typically mowing a lawn might make you $10-$30,

No doubt the kid is a thinker and very motivated.

Nope, just the part of the city where people are.

My suggestion, follow your own shitty advise instead of pretending you know the details when you don't.

That's patently false. There is no evidence that food carts can only operate in uninhabited areas. Don't be stupid.

btw
I read a summary of Michigan labor law and as far as I can tell a 13 year old can't even be doing this job legally.

There is a law that prohibits food carts in the downtown/commercial/tourist area of Holland, Michigan unless they are associated with one of the 8 restaurants in the city. If he sets up the food outside his house how much business do you think he is going to get? This kid invested $1200 of his own money that he earned mowing lawns and shoveling snow in this cart after checking with the city to make sure it was legal to do so, and specifically asking about permits to operate a food cart. Only a complete idiot who actually believes that government is what makes business successful would believe that a business outside the commercial district would be a real business.

Please, continue posting in the assumption that all I know about this is what you know, it amuses me.

I know the facts of the story and you don't. I suggest you do some research.

Because hot dog stands tend to make good money. Low overhead, returning customers.

Many business people take these types of investments, typically mowing a lawn might make you $10-$30,

No doubt the kid is a thinker and very motivated.

He made $1,200 mowing lawns, and he will have have the opportunity to work full time, at age 18. Those who claim this a liberty issue usually don't want 13 year old KIDS outside after dark. But this kid should run a business, other citizens rights be damned. Local zoning is cited, when in reality, 13 year old children cannot contract, his suppliers could get left with -0-. Just another "hate the government" fairytale.

That's patently false. There is no evidence that food carts can only operate in uninhabited areas. Don't be stupid.

btw
I read a summary of Michigan labor law and as far as I can tell a 13 year old can't even be doing this job legally.

There is a law that prohibits food carts in the downtown/commercial/tourist area of Holland, Michigan unless they are associated with one of the 8 restaurants in the city. If he sets up the food outside his house how much business do you think he is going to get? This kid invested $1200 of his own money that he earned mowing lawns and shoveling snow in this cart after checking with the city to make sure it was legal to do so, and specifically asking about permits to operate a food cart. Only a complete idiot who actually believes that government is what makes business successful would believe that a business outside the commercial district would be a real business.

Please, continue posting in the assumption that all I know about this is what you know, it amuses me.

No because the guy that wrote it is wrong....that's your kind of logic.......

Afraid it IS a zoning issue

He wants to sell in the high priced commercial zone and hot dog carts are only allowed in the fringes.

It's not the kid, it is his parents. They should have investigated where hot dog carts are allowed. Personally, I would not allow my 13 yr old child to be out all day selling dogs without adult supervision

You wouldn't let you child learn how to be self sufficient?

No, I wouldn't

I don't expect a 13 year old to be self sufficient. I may let him sell dogs in front of my house. But I would not send a 13 yr old out alone in a public area without an adult around

The plan was for him to be on private property and supervised by the store, not unsupervised in a public place. Thanks for proving you didn't actually listen to the video.

Only liberals would regulate a kid trying to make a buck, those dam lemonade stands have got to be stopped!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it funny how, no matter what the issue, liberals can't fathom anything other than the government "solving" the problem?

Kid has a lemonade stand? Liberal thinks "government needs to get involved"!

Person has no insurance? Liberal thinks "government needs to provide it"!

I mean, if they hear that a horse has hemroids, they want government to appoint a special council to oversea the development of a new government department to cure, study, and help prevent horse hemroids.

God almighty are liberals the most pathetic form of life in the world.

It is not the government who is complaining about a kid having a hot dog stand, but local businesses.......you know, those small businesses that conservatives claim are the heart of our country

It isn't the local businesses that are lining up with guns and telling him he can't have a business, it is the government. You know, the government that Obama progressives claim is necessary for a business to succeed.

You're only partially correct. Businesses have complained, but it's the Politicians who passed the Laws.

Local government Charges business a higher tax rate in the economic zone. Parking a hot dog cart in an area with a lot of restaurants creates a low cost competition.

The kid was told to move ......just like any other food cart

Let me see if I can put this into context for you, I don't care if the businesses have to pay higher taxes. They asked for those taxes because they heat the sidewalks. I support the free market, a place where business either compete or they die. Keep talking about those businesses like I care if they flop, it is amusing.

He is keeping that job, he just wanted to make more money because he is an evil business type that thinks profit is good.

He actually made $1300 when he sold the stand, and he gets to use it for any business he can actually drum up without Holland stepping in and shutting him down. He has a wedding booked.

What a humongous goose stepping douche bag you are.

The kid obviously believed he would get a bigger return by selling hot dogs. He could easily make $300-$500/day. That's called an "investment," a term you obviously don't understand.

Investment (n) Government taking money from honest people and making sure children can never make any for themselves. -copyright 2012 Lakoff, George, Progressive Dictionary.

btw

There is a law that prohibits food carts in the downtown/commercial/tourist area of Holland, Michigan unless they are associated with one of the 8 restaurants in the city. If he sets up the food outside his house how
much business do you think he is going to get? This kid invested $1200 of his own money that he earned mowing lawns and shoveling snow in this cart after checking with the city to make sure it was legal to do so, and specifically asking about permits to operate a food cart. Only a complete idiot who actually believes that government is what makes business successful would believe that a business outside the commercial district would be a real business.

I have been following this story for a couple of days, and actually posted my own thread about it. One fact I know that you don't is that a local business actually paid this boy $2,500 for his cart and is going to help him whenever he books a special event. He actually has a wedding scheduled, and will make money despite the fact that the local government doesn't want his tax money.

Like I said, keep assuming you know stuff I don't.

Last edited:
There is a law that prohibits food carts in the downtown/commercial/tourist area of Holland, Michigan unless they are associated with one of the 8 restaurants in the city. If he sets up the food outside his house how
much business do you think he is going to get? This kid invested $1200 of his own money that he earned mowing lawns and shoveling snow in this cart after checking with the city to make sure it was legal to do so, and specifically asking about permits to operate a food cart. Only a complete idiot who actually believes that government is what makes business successful would believe that a business outside the commercial district would be a real business.

I have been following this story for a couple of days, and actually posted my own thread about it. One fact I know that you don't is that a local business actually paid this boy $2,500 for his cart and is going to help him whenever he books a special event. He actually has a wedding scheduled, and will make money despite the fact that the local government doesn't want his tax money.

He's a dumbass, he'll argue with Chuck Todd about his own poll...what a tool.

Forum List

Back