🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

No one can stop a Cop from making anything up. However, that problem has been alleviated somewhat with dashcams being required on traffic stops. But more has to be done.

Let's face it, this Cop could have claimed this man did anything. And he would have had an army of fellow Cops to back his story up. So recording incidents seems to be the best way to go when interacting with the Police.
You must be a lot of fun at parties.

No one can stop a Cop from making anything up. However, that problem has been alleviated somewhat with dashcams being required on traffic stops. But more has to be done.

Let's face it, this Cop could have claimed this man did anything. And he would have had an army of fellow Cops to back his story up. So recording incidents seems to be the best way to go when interacting with the Police.
You must be a lot of fun at parties.

You too. You still live by the false premise 'The Police never lie and always do the right thing.' Kinda humorous actually. Fact is, this officer could have made anything up and shoved this man in a cage, or just killed him. They're very well-aware of people like you who will defend them no matter what crimes they commit. It's 'Authority-Worship.' They know their Sheeple well.

Oh please! Enough of this shit!

Most live in such comfy denial when it comes to the Police. This officer could have done anything and gotten away with it. That is the reality. The camera leveled the playing field a bit. This Citizen lived to tell the story.
You'll have to understand if we're not all going to pile onto you little fantasy world where any cop can kill at will without sanction.

Yes. The Cop could have claimed anything, without the camera.

Yes. The Cop could have conducted himself without a camera in exactly the same way that the Cop conducted himself with the camera.

Coulda. Shoulda. Woulda. We'll never know. We also do not know the nature and quality of the officer in question. Perhaps he's a genuine nice guy and good fellow. I dunno.

Hopefully, the days of 'your word against an army of Cops' word' is now passing. Recording the interactions between Citizens and Police seems to balance things properly. Because like i said, nothing can stop the Police from making anything up.

This man could have easily been shot and killed. And almost no one would have questioned it. In fact, the Big Brother-Worshippers would have screeched 'GOOD! He deserved it. He had to have done something wrong. Because the Police never lie and always do the right thing.' So good on him. He was prepared. It may have even saved his life.

So he doubles down on Hypothesis Contrary to Fact: not only does he deign to predict what the cop "woulda" done (despite his own disposition to the contrary), nay, not satisfied with that he goes on to predict what "Big Brother Worshippers" [sic] "woulda" said in response. And of course he hisself is the entity that gets to decide who the BBW are based on his own unhinged fantasies.

Creative imagination is a lovely tool. Until it's driven by arrogance.

Most live in such comfy denial when it comes to the Police. This officer could have done anything and gotten away with it. That is the reality. The camera leveled the playing field a bit. This Citizen lived to tell the story.
You'll have to understand if we're not all going to pile onto you little fantasy world where any cop can kill at will without sanction.

Yes. The Cop could have conducted himself without a camera in exactly the same way that the Cop conducted himself with the camera.

Coulda. Shoulda. Woulda. We'll never know. We also do not know the nature and quality of the officer in question. Perhaps he's a genuine nice guy and good fellow. I dunno.

Hopefully, the days of 'your word against an army of Cops' word' is now passing. Recording the interactions between Citizens and Police seems to balance things properly. Because like i said, nothing can stop the Police from making anything up.

This man could have easily been shot and killed. And almost no one would have questioned it. In fact, the Big Brother-Worshippers would have screeched 'GOOD! He deserved it. He had to have done something wrong. Because the Police never lie and always do the right thing.' So good on him. He was prepared. It may have even saved his life.

So he doubles down on Hypothesis Contrary to Fact: not only does he deign to predict what the cop "woulda" done (despite his own disposition to the contrary), nay, not satisfied with that he goes on to predict what "Big Brother Worshippers" [sic] "woulda" said in response. And of course he hisself is the entity that gets to decide who the BBW are based on his own unhinged fantasies.

Well, how am i wrong? You Big Brother-Worshippers certainly wouldn't give a shit if this Cop shot and killed this man. You would even cheer it. Cause I mean after all, the Cops never lie and always do the right thing.

So no Citizen should count on you guys to look out for em. Citizens have to look out for themselves. Record all interactions with the Police. Period, end of story.

Well, how am i wrong? You Big Brother-Worshippers certainly wouldn't give a shit if this Cop shot and killed this man. You would even cheer it. Cause I mean after all, the Cops never lie and always do the right thing.

So no Citizen should count on you guys to look out for em. Citizens have to look out for themselves. Record all interactions with the Police. Period, end of story.

Exactly how blind are you?

Here's your stuff again. See if you can spot what's fucked up:

You Big Brother-Worshippers certainly wouldn't give a shit if this Cop shot and killed this man. You would even cheer it. Cause I mean after all, the Cops never lie and always do the right thing.

This man could have easily been shot and killed. And almost no one would have questioned it. In fact, the Big Brother-Worshippers would have screeched 'GOOD! He deserved it.

Let's face it, this Cop could have claimed this man did anything. And he would have had an army of fellow Cops to back his story up.

Stop me when some kind of pattern starts to emerge.
snore.gif

This man could have easily been shot and killed. And almost no one would have questioned it. In fact, the Big Brother-Worshippers would have screeched 'GOOD! He deserved it.

Let's face it, this Cop could have claimed this man did anything. And he would have had an army of fellow Cops to back his story up.

So how am i wrong? You Big Brother-Worshippers wouldn't have given a shit if the Cop had killed this man. You would have all been quick to cheer 'YAY POLICE!!! GOT ANOTHER ONE!!' Because it is 'Guilty till proven Innocent' and living the false premise 'The Police never lie and always do the right thing', for you worshippers.

So like i said, no Citizen should count on you guys to look out for em. They better look out for themselves.

So how am i wrong? You Big Brother-Worshippers wouldn't have given a shit if the Cop had killed this man. You would have all been quick to cheer 'YAY POLICE!!! GOT ANOTHER ONE!!' Because it is 'Guilty till proven Innocent' and living the false premise 'The Police never lie and always do the right thing', for you worshippers.

So like i said, no Citizen should count on you guys to look out for em. They better look out for themselves.

^^ Posits "how am I wrong", then proceeds to answer own question...

What you're trying to do is basically the same as declaring, "I saw two clouds this morning, therefore it's going to rain 4.53 inches today". And when somebody points out that conclusion does not follow and in fact no rain fell at all, you tag them "Big Meteorology Supporters". :talktothehand:

Kind of pathetic.

Last edited:

What you're trying to do is basically the same as declaring, "I saw two clouds this morning, therefore it's goint to rain 4.53 inches today". And when somebody points out that conclusion does not follow and in fact is not raining at all, you tag them "Big Meteorology Supporters". :talktothehand:

Kind of pathetic.

Yeah well, i think Citizens would be very wise not counting on you Big Brother-Worshippers to help em out. You'd cheer their deaths at the hands of your beloved Gestapo. You guys are no help. That's for sure.

So Citizens have no choice but to look out for themselves. Recording all interaction with the Police will help preserve their Freedom & Liberty, and possibly even their lives.

What you're trying to do is basically the same as declaring, "I saw two clouds this morning, therefore it's goint to rain 4.53 inches today". And when somebody points out that conclusion does not follow and in fact is not raining at all, you tag them "Big Meteorology Supporters". :talktothehand:

Kind of pathetic.

Yeah well, i think Citizens would be very wise not counting on you Big Brother-Worshippers to help em out. You'd cheer their deaths at the hands of your beloved Gestapo. You guys are no help. That's for sure.

So Citizens have no choice but to look out for themselves. Recording all interaction with the Police will help preserve their Freedom & Liberty, and possibly even their lives.

SMH...
blind.gif

Link to any of this?

No? Nothing?

come on. now you all are going overboard with this stuff
What are you talking about? This is my first post in a cop thread. Are you trying to imply that cop wasn't out of line?

My take on it is the people that called 911 should get a visit from the cops and be cited for abusing the 911 system.

Grandpa, I have a lot more respect for you now.

I still hate your politics.

Kind of pathetic.

SMH...
blind.gif

Link to any of this?

No? Nothing?

Let's see, rely on you Big Brother Worshippers to preserve Freedom & Liberty and survival, or the camera? Yeah, pretty easy choice. Go with the camera. No Citizen should count on you guys for help.

Kind of pathetic.

SMH...
blind.gif

Link to any of this?

No? Nothing?

Let's see, rely on you Big Brother Worshippers to preserve Freedom & Liberty and survival, or the camera? Yeah, pretty easy choice. Go with the camera. No Citizen should count on you guys for help.

Still nothing then? Just innuendo and out the other, that's it?

Don't blame the cops. People call them and they are obligated to respond, as was obviously done in this case.
NO. When it is a stupid request, you ignore it. "I see a black person with his hands in his pockets" is definitely stupid.
Loitering in a residential is a sure fire way to get someone to call the cops whether your hands are in your pocket or not. This guy was some punk hoping to get just that kind of reaction so he could whine about racism and his rights.

And you know this for a fact? You know what he was thinking? Or maybe he was pissed off that while walking, he has to be stopped by a police officer because of how he looks, he is suspicious according to other people.

And that's the whole problem. Racial prejudice against black people. The underlying reason for Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin. People thinking that a black person walking around must be up to no good so we must call the police. Then this lead to amped up cops expecting trouble when their is none. Then cops find a reason to attack and unintentionally kill people (or intentionally who knows).

But the whole problem starts with thinking that a black person who is walking in the "wrong neighborhood" can only be up to no good. It's racism and it needs to stop.

If the cop was as evil, violent and omnipotent as you claim
Don't blame the cops. People call them and they are obligated to respond, as was obviously done in this case.
NO. When it is a stupid request, you ignore it. "I see a black person with his hands in his pockets" is definitely stupid.
Loitering in a residential is a sure fire way to get someone to call the cops whether your hands are in your pocket or not. This guy was some punk hoping to get just that kind of reaction so he could whine about racism and his rights.

And you know this for a fact? You know what he was thinking? Or maybe he was pissed off that while walking, he has to be stopped by a police officer because of how he looks, he is suspicious according to other people.

And that's the whole problem. Racial prejudice against black people. The underlying reason for Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin. People thinking that a black person walking around must be up to no good so we must call the police. Then this lead to amped up cops expecting trouble when their is none. Then cops find a reason to attack and unintentionally kill people (or intentionally who knows).

But the whole problem starts with thinking that a black person who is walking in the "wrong neighborhood" can only be up to no good. It's racism and it needs to stop.
Do I know for sure? No, but he certainly had a whining countenance and was very thin-skinned. On the heels of all this contrived black rage about the Wilson decision, it's pretty obvious to me. Do you know anything besides the 40 second clip? Did you see him manhandled or abused? The officer seemed very polite and contrite about the approaching him and was simply doing his job.

Do tell us your read though.

Last edited:
Who chose you to speak for all black men? What are you qualifications for this job?

You have a very flawed perspective on this one. There's nothing wrong with understanding another's perspective. Most Black Men in America do feel they're treated like criminals and often harassed this way. Agreeing or disagreeing, isn't the point. It is how they see things. Acknowledging and trying to understand that feeling, could help solve the problem. That's all i'm saying.
Im asking what your qualifcations are to speak on behalf of most or all black men.

Most black people seem to feel that anything adverse that happens to them is the result of societal racism. That doesnt really make it true.

Well again, you're not a Black Man. Try actually talking to one sometime. I think you'll find there is some justification for them feeling that way.
I still want to know why you feel entitled to speak for black men.
And why you think in your racist manner that all black men think alike. Because we've seen from Charles Barkley and other black men that is hardly the case.

Have you ever spoken to any Black Men about this issue? Why don't you try it and then come back to discuss. This man believed he was being harassed for merely being a Black Man walking down a street with his hands in his pockets. Ask yourself why he feels that way?

It really is ok to try and understand others' perspectives on things. In this case, it would probably help solve the problem. Ignoring it and living in denial, isn't gonna help.
You are dodging the question. What makes you qualified to speak for all black men?
IN truth, I have had lots of discussions with young black men, who were my customers, about this very thing. For the most part they were understanding that to cops they all looked alike and they expected a certain amount of scrutiny. That doesnt excuse treating someone like a criminal for no reason. And it doesnt excuse police misconduct.
But you seem to assume that every black man lives in constant fear of being gunned down by the police, who have an open season on black men and are just itching to pull the trigger on them. i.e. you're nuts.

If we were all really being honest, we would have to say this man's very fortunate to still be alive. No cameras, and this dude is dead meat. At the very least, he would have likely spent his Thanksgiving Holiday in a jail cell.
You keep repeating that. I guess that's a convenient fantasy for you. Of course you have no evidence other than you just know deep down that all cops want to shoot black men for no reason.

Yeah actually we know it for a fact. Try reading the thread and the info posted.

Or try reading the fuller story, this one from of all sources a local Fox Noise channel:

>>On Monday, the sheriff's office posted that video saying Mckean's version was edited and did not fully explain what happened. After Mckean's video ends, the conversation continues with the Deputy explaining that Mckean had been pacing back and forth. The video also showed Mckean agreeing with the deputy saying law enforcement should be called on 'suspicious activity'.

...Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard said that business has been robbed twice while employees have been robbed five times. He said the responding deputy did everything by the book and showed great restraint. That's something Mckean agreed with.

"I feel like the officer was being really respectable he didn't try to invade any of my rights...I commend him for that

He went home minutes after encountering the deputy he was never arrested, searched or questioned but is convinced he was viewed with suspicion because he's black.

"You can't put all black people in the category with crime just like you can't put all police in the category of killing black people and you can't keep putting people in stereotypes," Mckean said.

Sheriff Bouchard agrees, but says by Mckean uploading this video he helped stoke the flames that divide.

"To post something on the internet without ever calling us without ever talking to us without ever asking for an explanation only fans the flames in the situation and it doesn't help." <<

There you go, Paranoidician. The pedestrian, the sheriff and the cop all agree you're full of shit. I just spoke to both McKean and the sheriff, and they agree you're a drama queen who should be writing TV soap opera screenplays.

Oh by the way... search for that story took 0.30 seconds.
Guess I'll have to lodge a complaint with my ISP about sluggish bandwidth.

..."Guilty until proven innocent" describes your whole thrust here. None so blind.
Oh, nonsense.

I merely played Devil's Advocate, asking whether the 'suspect' had managed to legitimately draw suspicion upon himself, sufficient to warrant a challenge and questioning, and listing a number of ways in which that commonly happens - ways which have held steady for most of the past century or so of police-neighborhood interactions.

Most or all of which have been and/or continue to be viewed as kosher.

You mistake legitimate and earnest questions regarding the "suspect's" behavior in the run-up to the 911 call and the encounter, for something darker and more biased.

Your assessment was in error.

That was addressed to the OP, not to you. Which would have been obvious if you hadn't stripped his quote out.
I see that now.

My mistake.

Sorry.

:beer:

Propose co-delete. I'll go first.
I returned past my 'edit window' - can't get at-it - but I'll happily 'fess-up and take the hit for that one - thanks.

Or try reading the fuller story, this one from of all sources a local Fox Noise channel:

>>On Monday, the sheriff's office posted that video saying Mckean's version was edited and did not fully explain what happened. After Mckean's video ends, the conversation continues with the Deputy explaining that Mckean had been pacing back and forth. The video also showed Mckean agreeing with the deputy saying law enforcement should be called on 'suspicious activity'.

...Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard said that business has been robbed twice while employees have been robbed five times. He said the responding deputy did everything by the book and showed great restraint. That's something Mckean agreed with.

"I feel like the officer was being really respectable he didn't try to invade any of my rights...I commend him for that

He went home minutes after encountering the deputy he was never arrested, searched or questioned but is convinced he was viewed with suspicion because he's black.

"You can't put all black people in the category with crime just like you can't put all police in the category of killing black people and you can't keep putting people in stereotypes," Mckean said.

Sheriff Bouchard agrees, but says by Mckean uploading this video he helped stoke the flames that divide.

"To post something on the internet without ever calling us without ever talking to us without ever asking for an explanation only fans the flames in the situation and it doesn't help." <<

There you go, Paranoidician. The pedestrian, the sheriff and the cop all agree you're full of shit. I just spoke to both McKean and the sheriff, and they agree you're a drama queen who should be writing TV soap opera screenplays.

Oh by the way... search for that story took 0.30 seconds.
Guess I'll have to lodge a complaint with my ISP about sluggish bandwidth.

Yeah well, still gonna go with the camera over you Big Brother-Worshippers. You guys certainly wouldn't have cared if the Cop killed this man. In fact, you would have hailed it as another wonderful success for your beloved Gestapo.

Because it is 'Gulity till proven Innocent' and 'The Police never lie and always do the right thing', for you worshippers. Citizens should never count on you to help preserve their Freedom & Liberty, or even their lives. They have to count on themselves instead.

Forum List

Back