🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Police State: Man Detained For Walking With Hands In Pockets...

Wrong and wrong.
I guess I found out the answer to my question. The answer is No, you cannot represent things truthfully.
We just have different viewpoints on this. Try to remember we're on the same side, friend.
No. When you distort what happened by saying "he was merely walking with his hands in his pockets" you commit an injustice against the truth. It's like saying Oswald was only out for some target practice. Or Nixon was merely taping something.
The truth is the guy was acting in a suspicious manner.

I agree with everything you've said up until this point.

It was intentional and he wanted to attract police attention to provoke an incident.

This part, on the other hand, is nothing more than your supposition. How do you know what his "intentions" were?
He was walking in a manner that seemed deisgned to attract attention. He also edited his video to suggest something that wasnt there.
How the hell do you know any of that? Were you there? Did you talk to him?
Sheriff's department.
The video that was posted was an edited version of the whole situation and cut out the Deputy fully explaining as to why 911 was called on him, and ended with this person agreeing that the police should respond. The 911 call received by the Oakland County Dispatch Center originated from a nearby business that had been a victim , as well as its employees, of seven robberies. The caller and his employees were concerned about the individual who had walked by the front window of the business five or six times, while looking inside with his hands in his pockets. Fearing for their safety, the business dialed 911 and the Deputy responded.

In the unedited version of the event, the individual stated that if he had called the police on a suspicious person, he would expect the police to respond, check the area, and talk to the suspicious person being called about. The Deputy did not detain or pat down the individual and considering the nature of the call responded in a very restrained and professional manner.
]

explain how engaging someone in conversation is harassment. I'll wait.
The cop was white. All white people are racist. Therefore the conversation was a racist conversation. Therefore it was harassment. Nudge.

I hear what you're saying, but it would be wise to try and understand a Black Man's perspective on this. They feel they're constantly treated like criminals and often harassed this way. It isn't wise to go on ignoring it. Maybe a little compassion & understanding could solve the problem. Who knows? Give it a shot.
Who chose you to speak for all black men? What are you qualifications for this job?

You have a very flawed perspective on this one. There's nothing wrong with understanding another's perspective. Most Black Men in America do feel they're treated like criminals and often harassed this way. Agreeing or disagreeing, isn't the point. It is how they see things. Acknowledging and trying to understand that feeling, could help solve the problem. That's all i'm saying.
Im asking what your qualifcations are to speak on behalf of most or all black men.

Most black people seem to feel that anything adverse that happens to them is the result of societal racism. That doesnt really make it true.

Well again, you're not a Black Man. Try actually talking to one sometime. I think you'll find there is some justification for them feeling that way.

The cop was white. All white people are racist. Therefore the conversation was a racist conversation. Therefore it was harassment. Nudge.

I hear what you're saying, but it would be wise to try and understand a Black Man's perspective on this. They feel they're constantly treated like criminals and often harassed this way. It isn't wise to go on ignoring it. Maybe a little compassion & understanding could solve the problem. Who knows? Give it a shot.
Who chose you to speak for all black men? What are you qualifications for this job?

You have a very flawed perspective on this one. There's nothing wrong with understanding another's perspective. Most Black Men in America do feel they're treated like criminals and often harassed this way. Agreeing or disagreeing, isn't the point. It is how they see things. Acknowledging and trying to understand that feeling, could help solve the problem. That's all i'm saying.
Im asking what your qualifcations are to speak on behalf of most or all black men.

Most black people seem to feel that anything adverse that happens to them is the result of societal racism. That doesnt really make it true.

Well again, you're not a Black Man. Try actually talking to one sometime. I think you'll find there is some justification for them feeling that way.
I still want to know why you feel entitled to speak for black men.
And why you think in your racist manner that all black men think alike. Because we've seen from Charles Barkley and other black men that is hardly the case.

I still want to know why you feel entitled to speak for black men.
And why you think in your racist manner that all black men think alike. Because we've seen from Charles Barkley and other black men that is hardly the case.

Have you ever spoken to any Black Men about this issue? Why don't you try it and then come back to discuss. This man believed he was being harassed for merely being a Black Man walking down a street with his hands in his pockets. Ask yourself why he feels that way?

It really is ok to try and understand others' perspectives on things. In this case, it would probably help solve the problem. Ignoring it and living in denial, isn't gonna help.

explain how engaging someone in conversation is harassment. I'll wait.

As I stated earlier... I'm used to being harassed by cops. I get the feeling quite a few cops take great pleasure in getting paid to harass people.

I have to agree. It's about the power & control for too many.
Ayup... power & control, guns... badge... pride... then throw in bullshit exaggerations over a 911 call a puffy jacket.... mix in good old fashioned fear. Next thing you know a 12 year old playing with a scary looking bb gun gets killed.

Hey, don't leave out the caffeine and sugar (coffee & donuts).

That's all a legitimate point and cause for concern. The thing is, in this particular instance there isn't any evidence this is one of those cases. Again, if we're going to stretch the fact that a conversation takes place into the idea that "here's a guy hunted down and persecuted", then we have no credibility left to report the next event where that actually does happen.

Polite harassment? A new technique I guess?
How is engaging someone in conversation harassment? You'll have to explain this one.
When the cops arrested you did they engage you in conversation?
Listen here you stupid shit. This thread is not about me or my past. It is about the two individuals in the video. That is your second attempt to lower the conversation to personal insults. Ironically only the left continually brings up my past in these types of threads so you are in similar company i suppose?

Now that we got that out of the way lets address your contention that this is casual conversation.

1. This video doesn't take place in a coffee house, a church or any other place that people gather for social interaction. It's a fucking sidewalk in the middle of winter.

2. Walking with your hands in your pocket is not a suspicious activity.

3. Being black on a sidewalk is not a suspicious activity.

4. When the cops confronted the ranchers you were against the cops despite them having a court judgment behind them.

5. Apparently black men don't deserve the same lattitude in your opinion.

6. You're a fucking hypocrite

Well said. Yeah sadly, if the cop had shot and killed this Citizen, posters like that one would be here screeching about how he probably deserved it. Because after all, the Police never lie, right? That's the Big Brother-Worshipper mentality.

This incident could have easily escalated to a deadly level. It happens every day in America. The man was very smart to record. At the very least, it likely saved him a Thanksgiving night in jail. Anyway, thanks for your comments.
Or the guy could have pulled a knife and shanked the cop on film. That actually happens more often that the other way around. But cop haters like you always assume the police are really the criminals.
Maybe you have issues with authority?
I don't hate cops. I don't hate anyone. And i do have issues with the ABUSE OF AUTHORITY.

Agreed on all points. I have similar issues with the ABUSE OF REALITY.

Also have issues with the ABUSE OF CAPS LOCK.
giggle.gif

As I stated earlier... I'm used to being harassed by cops. I get the feeling quite a few cops take great pleasure in getting paid to harass people.

Ayup... power & control, guns... badge... pride... then throw in bullshit exaggerations over a 911 call a puffy jacket.... mix in good old fashioned fear. Next thing you know a 12 year old playing with a scary looking bb gun gets killed.

That's all a legitimate point and cause for concern. The thing is, in this particular instance there isn't any evidence this is one of those cases. Again, if we're going to stretch the fact that a conversation takes place into the idea that "here's a guy hunted down and persecuted", then we have no credibility left to report the next event where that actually does happen.

Sounds like you're just conveniently ignoring and living in denial. Makes you feel better. But ask this man how he felt about being harassed for nothing on his Thanksgiving Holiday. There are other perspectives to consider on issues like this.

Sounds like you're just conveniently ignoring and living in denial. Makes you feel better. But ask this man how he felt about being harassed for nothing on his Thanksgiving Holiday. There are other perspectives to consider on issues like this.

Once again ---- as you've been told here from the beginning --- you can't base an assessment on idle speculation fallacies of what "woulda shoulda coulda happened" and a 46-second YouTube video shot with no context whatsoever. That's just complete bullshit. We need citizens reporting and holding authoritative abuse accountable. We don't need bullshit to do it.

You keep harping on "seeing people's perspectives", yet of the two people in this video you see only the perspective of one. Interesting innit?

That reminds me... time to unfreeze a doughnut.

Dispatcher that sent that cop on the call should be fired.

What for?
For not ascertaining more information in regards to why an officer needed to respond to the call. If there was not more reason other than a man walking down the street with his hands in his pocket the dispatcher should have told the caller the importance of a 911 call, the cost and risk of responding and making an officer unavailable for answering serious calls while responding to a call about a man with his hands in his pockets.

That reminds me... time to unfreeze a doughnut.

:puke:

Dispatcher that sent that cop on the call should be fired.

What for?
For not ascertaining more information in regards to why an officer needed to respond to the call. If there was not more reason other than a man walking down the street with his hands in his pocket the dispatcher should have told the caller the importance of a 911 call, the cost and risk of responding and making an officer unavailable for answering serious calls while responding to a call about a man with his hands in his pockets.

How do we know what the dispatcher either found out, or told the officer?

All we have to go on here is a 46 second YouTube video, with no setup and no resolution. At all.
That's why this is bullshit.

Once again ---- as you've been told here from the beginning --- you can't base an assessment on idle speculation fallacies of what "woulda shoulda coulda happened" and a 46-second YouTube video shot with no context whatsoever. That's just complete bullshit. We need citizens reporting and holding authoritative abuse accountable. We don't need bullshit to do it.

You keep harping on "seeing people's perspectives", yet of the two people in this video you see only the perspective of one. Interesting innit?

Ignoring how most Black Men feel about Police harassment isn't gonna help solve the problem. This man truly feels he was harassed for merely being a Black Man walking down a street with his hands in his pockets. And Millions of other Black Men feel the same way. Agreeing or disagreeing isn't the point. It's how they feel. And that should be acknowledged and addressed.

Ignoring how most Black Men feel about Police harassment isn't gonna help solve the problem. This man truly feels he was harassed for merely being a Black Man walking down a street with his hands in his pockets. And Millions of other Black Men feel the same way. Agreeing or disagreeing isn't the point. It's how they feel. And that should be acknowledged and addressed.
We have no idea what he was doing. He could have been walking back and forth in front of the same houses trying to get exactly that kind of reaction, and he probably was. A street race pimp is highly likely.

If we were all really being honest, we would have to say this man's very fortunate to still be alive. No cameras, and this dude is dead meat. At the very least, he would have likely spent his Thanksgiving Holiday in a jail cell.

We have no idea what he was doing. He could have been walking back and forth in front of the same houses trying to get exactly that kind of reaction, and he probably was. A street race pimp is highly likely.

Or, he's innocent till proven guilty. We could consider going that route? Just a thought anyway.

If we were all really being honest, we would have to say this man's very fortunate to still be alive. No cameras, and this dude is dead meat. At the very least, he would have likely spent his Thanksgiving Holiday in a jail cell.
Oh please! Enough of this shit!

Most live in such comfy denial when it comes to the Police. This officer could have done anything and gotten away with it. That is the reality. The camera leveled the playing field a bit. This Citizen lived to tell the story.

Forum List

Back