Police State: State Cop Shoots At Minivan Full Of Kids...

It is against Federal law to shoot at a fleeing vehicle.

Yep.

UNLESS......it falls under Tennessee vs Garner, the "Fleeing Felon" rule, which allows law enforcement officers to shoot at any fleeing felon; on foot or car; IF they can say that the person would cause an immediate danger to human life if allowed to escape. SUCH AS....a car fleeing the cops that may run a red light and hit another driver, which is why under Graham vs Connor a police chase is considered "lethal force" whether a gun is used or not, because it is a means of arrest and resistance that could result in serious bodily injury or death.

SEE...remember in Boston, when the two terrorists were running from cops in a car, and they shot back at the FLEEING CAR??? Um...yeah. Wanna arrest the Boston cops who did it? THAT fleeing vehicle fell under "Fleeing Felon/Tennessee vs Garner" you idiots.

GOD DAMN you people need to go to basic 101 police academy.

Last edited:
The whole "Crazy Diver T-Boning an innocent other driver" is going right over some heads too.

Yep. It sure is. But I watched it happen, on Old Dixie road in Jonesboro, GA. Fleeing car from a cop. Suspect blew a red light. They had to scrape a grandmother's brains off a telephone pole.

All because some dumb asshole ran from a traffic stop. Happens fairly often.

Hey dumbass, "your profession"??? You were in it too as a federal agent. I worked 8 years for Atlanta PD. You worked for the Feds as an agent. You did the same job I did.....you just never left the desk. I did. When you do get on the street, come back and we'll talk.

Atlanta PD, huh….I have a nephew who works on the Atlanta PD as a Detective. Been there 19 years. YOU figure out who he is, smart guy.

Me sit at a desk? :lol:

I worked CI in Russia, Poland, East Germany, Yugoslavia, West Germany, Arlington VA, San Diego, Fort Knox, Fort Hood, Fort Dix, and Czechosolvakia.

I would have LOVED to sit at a desk.

Ok. APD has over 1,000 officers. We probably never met. What zone did he work patrol in the 90s? I was in 3 and 5.

If you did all that.....you probably shouldn't be revealing it to strangers on the damn internest dumbass, sounds like you did very sensitive intell work. Since your IP address is accessable, and those ops were probably top secret, not a smart move. Typical Fed I guess, letting ego lead him to a dumb decision.

And you may have worked all those places. Who cares? Not me.

I have been retired since 1986. anything I knew/did is ancient history, you moron. My non-disclosure statement ran out years ago.

The cop was shooting at the vehicle tires of a woman that refused to comply with the officer when pulled over for a minor traffic infraction. Do you think letting a maniac flee at high speed wasn't a danger to other drivers?
Why would any rational person escalate recieving a traffic citation into several felony charges, while jeopardzing her children in the process?
How can you justify this idiotic behavior?
Also her son attacked the officer. He was lucky to have been tazzed instead of being shot.
The woman sets a dangerous example for her children. Perhaps they should be removed from her incompetent care.

Last edited:
It is against Federal law to shoot at a fleeing vehicle.

Yep.

UNLESS......it falls under Tennessee vs Garner, the "Fleeing Felon" rule, which allows law enforcement officers to shoot at any fleeing felon; on foot or car; IF they can say that the person would cause an immediate danger to human life if allowed to escape. SUCH AS....a car fleeing the cops that may run a red light and hit another driver, which is why under Graham vs Connor a police chase is considered "lethal force" whether a gun is used or not, because it is a means of arrest and resistance that could result in serious bodily injury or death.

SEE...remember in Boston, when the two terrorists were running from cops in a car, and they shot back at the FLEEING CAR??? Um...yeah. Wanna arrest the Boston cops who did it? THAT fleeing vehicle fell under "Fleeing Felon/Tennessee vs Garner" you idiots.

GOD DAMN you people need to go to basic 101 police academy.
What do you mean need to go back? some have never been.

The cop was shooting at the vehicle tires of a woman that refused to comply with the officer when pulled over for a minor traffic infraction. Do you think letting a maniac flee at high speed wasn't a danger to other drivers?
Why would any rational person escalate recieving a traffic citation into several felony charges, while jeopardzing her children in the process?
Also her son attacked the officer. He was lucky to have been tazzed instead of being shot.
The woman sets a dangerous example for her children. Perhaps they should be removed from her incompetent care.

maybe training has changed, turning cops into killers. Cops aren't trained to shoot tires out on cars. Cops aren't taught to shoot cars with children inside. THE COP shooting the car was not warranted. Just because you fight back at a cop does not give them the authorization to use deadly force.
Deadly force is authorized only in certain situations and this wasn't one of them.

maybe training has changed, turning cops into killers. Cops aren't trained to shoot tires out on cars. Cops aren't taught to shoot cars with children inside. THE COP shooting the car was not warranted. Just because you fight back at a cop does not give them the authorization to use deadly force.
Deadly force is authorized only in certain situations and this wasn't one of them.

Possibly, but since neither of us were there and the video is spotty [at best] we'll never know the full truth.
I can surmise that the perp isn't exactly a Mother of the Year candidate. Had she acted with a modicum of responsibility, we wouldn't be reading about this.

Hey dumbass, "your profession"??? You were in it too as a federal agent. I worked 8 years for Atlanta PD. You worked for the Feds as an agent. You did the same job I did.....you just never left the desk. I did. When you do get on the street, come back and we'll talk.

Yes, we just gotta get those evil Al Kater Moms in Minivans! They're definitely a threat to our American way of life. Man, you Authority-Worshippers sure are a hoot. :cuckoo:

You don't have a fucking clue whats out and about at 1am in neighborhoods in America. And you never will. YOu live a sheltered life, under a bubble of safety that the military and police provide. You should feel lucky you don't have to know what goes on outside of Main Street America in homes and streets you'd never have the guts to go into.

Yes, it's time for a 'War on Minivan Moms.' :cuckoo:

I think it's clear we need to start training our Police differently. Their propensity for aggression and violence has become a tragic epidemic. What has happened to common sense and decency? These are their fellow Citizens for God's sake. It's time to re-think the Militarization of our Police Force.

The woman and her 16 year old son were assholes. They were a contributing factor to this near disaster.

And this has nothing to do with the militarization of our police force. They were equipped in the traditional fashion.

Though it is certainly a training issue.

yes, they were both wrong. and honestly, they seem like a middle class family and it boggles my mind why the mom would act like that. the kid was just being a dumb teenage punk the first time, but the second time, complete dumbass.

here is the thing, no matter how wrong they were, the police had the vehicle SURROUNDED and all the occupants were in the vehicle. there was no indication of any weapons, the police could have handled this completely different. you can tell how scared the mom is as she finally pulls over in front of the hotel.

cops are way to ichty trigger finger. shooting at the car with kids as it flees? no fucking way, no how.

Yes, people getting angry over receiving tickets is nothing new. So she said a few harsh words to him? Not a big deal. The Cop should be trained to deal with that. He escalated the incident to an asinine level. Poor training and too much steroids.

Forum List

Back