POLICE STATE: U.S. Prison System Larger Than Soviet Gulags...

Release all non-violent drug offenders tomorrow. They don't belong in cages. That'll go a long way in saving Tax Dollars. And Rehab is the answer. People with drug problems don't belong in prison. They can't get help there. In fact, their lives are at risk every minute they spend there. The American Prison murder rate is shocking.

We need to begin approaching non-violent crimes differently than we approach violent crimes. Maybe have separate facilities or something. That's just one thought, but there are others.

you idiot. we dont jail non-violent drug offenders unless they are REPEAT OFFENDERS.
ALSO; drug dealers caught with drugs packaged for sale will pretend they bought the stuff for their own consumption, and that is the way it comes. that way they try to get into "treatment" instead of copping to dealing charges

Again, people with drug problems don't belong in cages with brutal murderers and rapists. They can't get help there. They should not be incarcerated. We have to reconsider putting so many of our Citizens in cages for non-violent offenses. That especially applies to drug offenders.

they belong on the streets with us right?

Yes. A person who enjoys doing drugs isn't a criminal, anymore than a person who enjoys drinking alcohol is. It's an adult personal decision. They don't belong in cages.

nobody goes to prison just for doing drugs dummy. dtop lying

Yes they do.

what kind of jobs should repeat "non-violent" drug offenders who managed to avoid jail time be trained at our expense for and placed in?

Start by not incarcerating them in the first place. That'll save $Billions in Tax Dollars. That being said, i don't have a problem with some of my Tax Dollars being spent on rehabilitating them. It's a better alternative to what's going on now. American prisons are designed for punishment and torture. People who have drug problems don't deserve that.

you didnt answer the question dummy

I did answer it dummy. You're just too dumb to realize it.

Many Americans are quite convinced that they live in one of the freest nations on the planet

Even if they don’t think that we are the freest, they still believe that our population has far more rights than the vast majority of the human race. However, these people tend to ignore our large prison population. Can you really call it a free country when that nation restricts the freedoms of such a large percentage of its population, most whom are convicted of nonviolent crimes?

What’s more shocking, is that our prison population has reached an ominous milestone over the past few years. The number of Americans who were in jail and prison, or on probation and parole, was 7 million people by 2009. When you include former inmates who have since left our prison system, you wind up with 19 million people as of 2010. This number exceeds the 18 million people who endured the Soviet Gulag system, between 1929 and 1953.

While the conditions in the gulags were far worse than American prisons, our facilities still utilize slave labor and torture techniques like solitary confinement to keep their inmates in line. And with a per capita incarceration rate that might only be exceeded by countries like North Korea and Cuba, there’s no reason to believe that the United States is still among the free nations of the world.

The US Prison System Is Actually Larger Than Soviet Gulags
The difference is..we incarcerate criminals and they are afforded due process of law. I see you missed that altogether.

That's debatable.

Many Americans are quite convinced that they live in one of the freest nations on the planet

Even if they don’t think that we are the freest, they still believe that our population has far more rights than the vast majority of the human race. However, these people tend to ignore our large prison population. Can you really call it a free country when that nation restricts the freedoms of such a large percentage of its population, most whom are convicted of nonviolent crimes?

What’s more shocking, is that our prison population has reached an ominous milestone over the past few years. The number of Americans who were in jail and prison, or on probation and parole, was 7 million people by 2009. When you include former inmates who have since left our prison system, you wind up with 19 million people as of 2010. This number exceeds the 18 million people who endured the Soviet Gulag system, between 1929 and 1953.

While the conditions in the gulags were far worse than American prisons, our facilities still utilize slave labor and torture techniques like solitary confinement to keep their inmates in line. And with a per capita incarceration rate that might only be exceeded by countries like North Korea and Cuba, there’s no reason to believe that the United States is still among the free nations of the world.

The difference is..we incarcerate criminals and they are afforded due process of law. I see you missed that altogether.

That's debatable.

No, it's not.

"In 2011, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) released a study on approximately 250,000 illegal aliens locked up in our federal, state, and local prisons."

If we sent them home, that would take care of a huge part of the problem.

America's Sanctuary City Nightmare

The rest of the problem would be solved by keeping people in for their full sentences when they're convicted of violent crimes.

I absolutely agree that prevention is worth more than a cure. But that still didn't answer my question to Politician, who does he have in mind to fund this rehab?

Who do you think pays to incarcerate these people over and over? Many if not most who enter the "system" have no legal opportunities after a felony conviction and they get swept up in the dark side as in many cases that is the only area they can make a living.

If the prison system was primarily used to house those that commit assaults and murder and the non violent were processed in an entirely different manner focusing on a path to removing the felony status the cost to society would be probably 75% less than it is today.

Draconian laws based on nonsense need to be changed. The "old school" ideas that pot leads to heroin is ridiculous and that the black man will rape white women "hopped up" on the evil weed. These lies have led to many of the laws that have started the cycle of incarceration and re-incarceration.

Of course we know that sticking a black man with a felony conviction in many Southern states removes him from ever voting. That fact has not gone un noticed on white politicians.

I absolutely agree that prevention is worth more than a cure. But that still didn't answer my question to Politician, who does he have in mind to fund this rehab?

Who do you think pays to incarcerate these people over and over? Many if not most who enter the "system" have no legal opportunities after a felony conviction and they get swept up in the dark side as in many cases that is the only area they can make a living.

If the prison system was primarily used to house those that commit assaults and murder and the non violent were processed in an entirely different manner focusing on a path to removing the felony status the cost to society would be probably 75% less than it is today.

Draconian laws based on nonsense need to be changed. The "old school" ideas that pot leads to heroin is ridiculous and that the black man will rape white women "hopped up" on the evil weed. These lies have led to many of the laws that have started the cycle of incarceration and re-incarceration.

Of course we know that sticking a black man with a felony conviction in many Southern states removes him from ever voting. That fact has not gone un noticed on white politicians.

Who gives a shit if drug addicts and criminals vote or not?

Our prisons are full of people who steal, assault, rape, kill, etc.

Our prisons are not full of political undesirables.

Big difference.

Break the law, severely enough, and you go to jail.

MEH.

What should we do with them?

Let them all out?

If we do, is it OK if we let them loose in your neighborhood, Mister OP?

Last edited:
"Kathryn Steinle, a 32-year-old resident of the city, was out for a walk with her father on Pier 14. She was shot and killed by an illegal alien who had seven felonies on his record and had already been deported five times. ICE had already started another deportation process for Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, but the federal government transferred him to San Francisco at the city’s request because he had an outstanding drug charge against him."

It's not a mistake to imprison druggies. Besides the term "drug convictions" covers a myriad assortment of drug crimes, including trafficking.

America's Sanctuary City Nightmare

Who do I think pays to incarcerate these CRIMINALS? I DO and the millions of others that pay taxes!! And for that payment, I expect them to be in jail for breaking the laws. Laws by the way enacted because they are adults who CHOOSE to use drugs, and then expect someone else to foot the bill for their REHAB to straighten out their life. Why should the general public have to pay to help them get their life right when they are the ones who made the fucked up decision in the first place. And by the way, the reason they are ILLEGAL is they are health deteriorating, mind altering, and induce aggressive behavior. They become a burden on society by being hospitalized for detox or worse, commit violent crimes, and then expect not have to pay anything.

There are consequences for all the decisions a person makes in their life. Some good, some indifferent, some bad. No matter, justice is each individual being held accountable for those decisions when they affect others in the society.

Politician, you need to get your facts straight. Drug addicts usually don't do hard time unless they are MULTIPLE offenders.

And by they way, you still didn't answer my question, who do you thing should pay for this REHAB?

Statistically, the U.S. Government imprisons more of its Citizens than any other nation on the planet. Nothing to boast about.

NO. These people imprison thenselves by refusing to follow the law. I'd prefer to see all who have committed Felonies or violent or moral crimes executed rather than imprisoned. It would solve many problems in our system

I agree.

I've worked in the prison system and there are criminals there who have been in and out of prison twenty or thirty times.

Criminals are criminals. People who don't want to work when they can steal from others. Sell drugs and do any other dishonest thing they want to do.

Paulitician is an idiot who blames the police when the criminal is to blame.

Hell. I wouldn't be a police officer if you paid me a thousand dollars an hour. They have to know the law like a lawyer, be a babysitter, a marriage counselor and a guy or gal who can get killed making a simple MV stop.

As for the prison system?? They are State and Govt. sponsored babysitting and daycare facilities where the idiots in power are more concerned for the criminal than the CO's who have to deal with the idiots on a day to day basis.

Paulitican can kiss the ass of every LEO in America.

Unfortunately, you're still caught up in hysterical Government Propaganda. American prisons are absolutely brutal. A person convicted of a minor drug offense can be murdered at any moment. American Prisons are meat grinders. Your life is at risk every minute you're there. Think about it, people who merely enjoy doing drugs are thrown into cages with deadly murderers and rapists. That makes no sense. It's barbaric.

And rehabilitation is the logical way forward. I know you guys hate hearing that, but it is the truth. These people have to be given an opportunity to work and start over. Right now, that's not happening. They're continuing to be punished long after they've served their time. That forces them back into crime. Rehabilitation will go a long way in breaking that vicious circle.

You're full of shit.

They have been trying rehabilitation for decades with very little success. Most criminals are just that. Criminals.

Criminals who have ruined they're own lives. They can't get a job because they have done time. No one wants to hire and ex con. Who can blame them?

Criminals do the crime and if caught will do the time.

If you don't like it then see about getting the laws changed for those with drugs. All you want to do is shoot the messenger.

Typical.

So, what is your point? We should not incarcerate criminals?

We should incarcerate less. Most in cages today, don't belong in them. A person who likes to snort cocaine shouldn't be placed in a cage with a brutal murderer or rapist.

In my opinion, doing drugs is not a criminal act. It's an adult personal choice. We need to decriminalize most drugs immediately. Or at the very least, don't incarcerate anyone for non-violent drug offenses.
Actually, I can see your point. How about fines for drug usage and very heavy fines for selling drugs. All fines go to pay down the debt.

It's funny how conservatives who preach limited government are the ones who support the drug war, the death penalty..

You have a point. Alcohol is a drug also and if we should remove all drug addicts let's get rid of the drunks as well. Let's see? Only perfect (in your eyes) people should vote. That should make it much easier to count the ballots as there are probably no more than 100,000 perfect people in the U S.

I do, people who smoked pot once should still be able to vote.

You have a point. Alcohol is a drug also and if we should remove all drug addicts let's get rid of the drunks as well. Let's see? Only perfect (in your eyes) people should vote. That should make it much easier to count the ballots as there are probably no more than 100,000 perfect people in the U S.
Alcohol isn't an illegal drug however. Druggies don't get it, which again illustrates how stupid criminals are. It's not about the drug. It's about breaking the law. A person who breaks the law to get high is a menace and getting high won't land you in prison. Stealing, assault, and trafficking will. And druggies generally engage in those things....it's what draws attention to them in the first place.

I do, people who smoked pot once should still be able to vote.
Smoking pot isn't a felony, idiot.

Who do I think pays to incarcerate these CRIMINALS? I DO and the millions of others that pay taxes!! And for that payment, I expect them to be in jail for breaking the laws. Laws by the way enacted because they are adults who CHOOSE to use drugs, and then expect someone else to foot the bill for their REHAB to straighten out their life. Why should the general public have to pay to help them get their life right when they are the ones who made the fucked up decision in the first place. And by the way, the reason they are ILLEGAL is they are health deteriorating, mind altering, and induce aggressive behavior. They become a burden on society by being hospitalized for detox or worse, commit violent crimes, and then expect not have to pay anything.

There are consequences for all the decisions a person makes in their life. Some good, some indifferent, some bad. No matter, justice is each individual being held accountable for those decisions when they affect others in the society.

Politician, you need to get your facts straight. Drug addicts usually don't do hard time unless they are MULTIPLE offenders.

And by they way, you still didn't answer my question, who do you thing should pay for this REHAB?

If you knew what you are talking about that would be a powerful statement.m Sadly you do not. Pot does not induce aggressive behavior nor is it a health hazard. In fact most illegal drugs do not cause aggressive behavior. What DOES cause aggressive behavior is what a person learns from their parents when they are young. Many kids in school are bullies. These tendencies show up long before the kids are exposed to drugs. Most aggressive people come from dysfunctional homes and ALCOHOL is almost always front and center as a factor in those environments. I would go so far to state that alcohol is a factor in aggressive behavior in far more incidents than all of the other drugs people take all together.

The only difference is that alcohol is legal and the others are not. How many deaths are caused by pot smokers on our highways? A small minority. How many are alcohol related? The vast majority.

If you knew what you are talking about that would be a powerful statement.m Sadly you do not. Pot does not induce aggressive behavior nor is it a health hazard. In fact most illegal drugs do not cause aggressive behavior. What DOES cause aggressive behavior is what a person learns from their parents when they are young. Many kids in school are bullies. These tendencies show up long before the kids are exposed to drugs. Most aggressive people come from dysfunctional homes and ALCOHOL is almost always front and center as a factor in those environments. I would go so far to state that alcohol is a factor in aggressive behavior in far more incidents than all of the other drugs people take all together.

The only difference is that alcohol is legal and the others are not. How many deaths are caused by pot smokers on our highways? A small minority. How many are alcohol related? The vast majority.
The pot related highway deaths in Washington have doubled since it became illegal.

Again...it isn't the drug. It's the willingness to break the law to imbibe. Criminals be criminals. I can see breaking the law to save a life or prevent a tragedy....but if you are willing to break the law for a high, you're a menace.

Alcohol isn't an illegal drug however. Druggies don't get it, which again illustrates how stupid criminals are. It's not about the drug. It's about breaking the law. A person who breaks the law to get high is a menace and getting high won't land you in prison. Stealing, assault, and trafficking will. And druggies generally engage in those things....it's what draws attention to them in the first place.

You do not know what you are talking about. Most of the people that use pot are otherwise law abiding citizens. THAT is the vast majority of U S citizens.

Forum List

Back