POLICE STATE: U.S. Prison System Larger Than Soviet Gulags...

Statistically, the U.S. Government imprisons more of its Citizens than any other nation on the planet. Nothing to boast about.

NO. These people imprison thenselves by refusing to follow the law. I'd prefer to see all who have committed Felonies or violent or moral crimes executed rather than imprisoned. It would solve many problems in our system

I agree.

I've worked in the prison system and there are criminals there who have been in and out of prison twenty or thirty times.

Criminals are criminals. People who don't want to work when they can steal from others. Sell drugs and do any other dishonest thing they want to do.

Paulitician is an idiot who blames the police when the criminal is to blame.

Hell. I wouldn't be a police officer if you paid me a thousand dollars an hour. They have to know the law like a lawyer, be a babysitter, a marriage counselor and a guy or gal who can get killed making a simple MV stop.

As for the prison system?? They are State and Govt. sponsored babysitting and daycare facilities where the idiots in power are more concerned for the criminal than the CO's who have to deal with the idiots on a day to day basis.

Paulitican can kiss the ass of every LEO in America.

liberals are morons. in other countries people jus get away with harming other people; because they are connected to the political party in power, or the dominant religion, or drug gangs. people in our prisons are there because they were convicted of crimes

what would you left-wing losers do with them?

wanting criminals to be seperated from the rest of society doesnt make anybody a hypocrite that really wants more government you sad pathetic left-wing idiots

what would you people do if you couldnt make moronic straw man arguments???

we have a large military because we are party to literally dozens of treaties

if you left-wing nutjobs dont like us being a part of NATO, or collective defense treaties with Australia, New Zealand, the Philipines, Southeast Asia, Japan, the Republic of Korea....etc then why didnt you crybabies ty to end our invlovement in them when you had both chambers of congress AND the White House?

another straw man

idiots and hypocrites

"SMALLER GOVERNMENT, WE WANT SMALLER GOVERNMENT (except we want larger prisons and a larger military)"

Oh please its libs who have sent millions of young black and Hispanic men to prison out of your Democratic run inner cities. So typical of the lying lowlife scum left to try to blame someone else for their actions.

The most populous prison population per capita is the liberal, no, the Marxist Communist state of Louisiana.

1280px-US_States_by_Incarceration_Rate.svg.png

The worst states are right wing states. Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, then places like Texas and Alabama.

LOL and who sent them there? Yes democrats from democrat run inner cities thank you.

"SMALLER GOVERNMENT, WE WANT SMALLER GOVERNMENT (except we want larger prisons and a larger military)"

Oh please its libs who have sent millions of young black and Hispanic men to prison out of your Democratic run inner cities. So typical of the lying lowlife scum left to try to blame someone else for their actions.

The most populous prison population per capita is the liberal, no, the Marxist Communist state of Louisiana.

The worst states are right wing states. Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, then places like Texas and Alabama.

LOL and who sent them there? Yes democrats from democrat run inner cities thank you.

What's your point here?I didn't get it.

Many Americans are quite convinced that they live in one of the freest nations on the planet

Even if they don’t think that we are the freest, they still believe that our population has far more rights than the vast majority of the human race. However, these people tend to ignore our large prison population. Can you really call it a free country when that nation restricts the freedoms of such a large percentage of its population, most whom are convicted of nonviolent crimes?

What’s more shocking, is that our prison population has reached an ominous milestone over the past few years. The number of Americans who were in jail and prison, or on probation and parole, was 7 million people by 2009. When you include former inmates who have since left our prison system, you wind up with 19 million people as of 2010. This number exceeds the 18 million people who endured the Soviet Gulag system, between 1929 and 1953.

While the conditions in the gulags were far worse than American prisons, our facilities still utilize slave labor and torture techniques like solitary confinement to keep their inmates in line. And with a per capita incarceration rate that might only be exceeded by countries like North Korea and Cuba, there’s no reason to believe that the United States is still among the free nations of the world.

The US Prison System Is Actually Larger Than Soviet Gulags
Typical ain't it for the useful idiots on the left to compare the U.S. prison system to the Russian Gulags by inmate population alone. Does Russia have other incarceration besides the Gulags? How well are inmates treated in U.S. prisons compared to Russia? Inmates in American prisons, even convicts illegally in the Country, enjoy every benefit of the U.S. Constitution as other American citizens. Does Russia have any semblance of the guaranteed rights of inmates? Personally I find it gratifying that vicious criminals are incarcerated in the greatest Country in the world.

American Prisons are deadly. Period, end of story.

What's your point here?I didn't get it.

Dem's send millions of young black and Hispanic men in Democrat run inner cities to prison, own up to it.

Many Americans are quite convinced that they live in one of the freest nations on the planet

Even if they don’t think that we are the freest, they still believe that our population has far more rights than the vast majority of the human race. However, these people tend to ignore our large prison population. Can you really call it a free country when that nation restricts the freedoms of such a large percentage of its population, most whom are convicted of nonviolent crimes?

What’s more shocking, is that our prison population has reached an ominous milestone over the past few years. The number of Americans who were in jail and prison, or on probation and parole, was 7 million people by 2009. When you include former inmates who have since left our prison system, you wind up with 19 million people as of 2010. This number exceeds the 18 million people who endured the Soviet Gulag system, between 1929 and 1953.

While the conditions in the gulags were far worse than American prisons, our facilities still utilize slave labor and torture techniques like solitary confinement to keep their inmates in line. And with a per capita incarceration rate that might only be exceeded by countries like North Korea and Cuba, there’s no reason to believe that the United States is still among the free nations of the world.

It is not just the incarcerated that have no true freedom. Once imprisoned your life is through as labeled a felon your opportunities have evaporated. It is easy to control the future of a huge group of Americans by systematically removing their rights and opportunities.

Good point. It's very difficult to get work and start over after serving time. Most get forced into returning to crime. It's a vicious circle for sure. I think everyone's on board with throwing the book at violent offenders. But non-violent offenses especially drug offenses, need to be handled differently.

Using drugs is not a criminal act. It may not be wise, but it's not criminal. Most drugs should be decriminalized and our prisons should be emptied of those imprisoned on non-violent drug offenses.

It is not just the incarcerated that have no true freedom. Once imprisoned your life is through as labeled a felon your opportunities have evaporated. It is easy to control the future of a huge group of Americans by systematically removing their rights and opportunities.

I work with a guy that is a registered sex offender. He was 20, he had too much Corona, he took a whiz in some guy's shrubbery.

Yeah, laws like that are barbaric. The Government owns that guy forever. His life is ruined. Our Justice System needs to evolve. It's archaic.

So, what is your point? We should not incarcerate criminals?

We should incarcerate less. Most in cages today, don't belong in them. A person who likes to snort cocaine shouldn't be placed in a cage with a brutal murderer or rapist.

In my opinion, doing drugs is not a criminal act. It's an adult personal choice. We need to decriminalize most drugs immediately. Or at the very least, don't incarcerate anyone for non-violent drug offenses.

in the old soviet union

how many didnt even make it to the "gulag"

which of course was forced labor camp system

just saying

Statistically, the U.S. Government imprisons more of its Citizens than any other nation on the planet. Nothing to boast about.

the gulag was a system with in the system

how many did the old soviet union kill out right

These are very unpleasant times for our nation. American Police are murdering Citizens at at a staggering rate, and imprisoning more of our Citizens than any other nation on earth. It's very sad.

staggering rate

get a grip

Do your own research. American Police are murdering Citizens at an alarming rate. They're routinely shooting them dead for even minor offenses. The American Police Force is quickly becoming the most deadly on earth.

NO. These people imprison thenselves by refusing to follow the law. I'd prefer to see all who have committed Felonies or violent or moral crimes executed rather than imprisoned. It would solve many problems in our system
If we hung bankers who defrauded the country and crashed the economy, my feelings wouldn't be hurt.

That's awful, criminals belong on the streets, not in prison

Yes, some 'criminals' don't belong in cages. I know that's incredibly difficult for you old fart dinosaurs to comprehend, but it is true. For example, no one doing drugs should be put in a cage with brutal murderers and rapists. That's simply barbaric.

Non-violent drug offenses should not result in incarceration. Personally, i think most drugs should be decriminalized immediately. But i know you old farts are never gonna let that happen. It's time to approach non-violent crimes differently than violent crimes.

I agree.

I've worked in the prison system and there are criminals there who have been in and out of prison twenty or thirty times.

Criminals are criminals. People who don't want to work when they can steal from others. Sell drugs and do any other dishonest thing they want to do.

Hell. I wouldn't be a police officer if you paid me a thousand dollars an hour. They have to know the law like a lawyer, be a babysitter, a marriage counselor and a guy or gal who can get killed making a simple MV stop.

As for the prison system?? They are State and Govt. sponsored babysitting and daycare facilities where the idiots in power are more concerned for the criminal than the CO's who have to deal with the idiots on a day to day basis.

Unfortunately, you're still caught up in hysterical Government Propaganda. American prisons are absolutely brutal. A person convicted of a minor drug offense can be murdered at any moment. American Prisons are meat grinders. Your life is at risk every minute you're there. Think about it, people who merely enjoy doing drugs are thrown into cages with deadly murderers and rapists. That makes no sense. It's barbaric.

And rehabilitation is the logical way forward. I know you guys hate hearing that, but it is the truth. These people have to be given an opportunity to work and start over. Right now, that's not happening. They're continuing to be punished long after they've served their time. That forces them back into crime. Rehabilitation will go a long way in breaking that vicious circle.

Last edited:

I agree.

Unfortunately, you're still caught up in hysterical Government Propaganda. American prisons are absolutely brutal. A person convicted of a minor drug offense can be murdered at any moment. And rehabilitation is the answer. I know you guys hate hearing that, but it is the logical way forward.

These people have to be given an opportunity to work and start over. Right now, that's not happening. They're continuing to be punished long after they've served their time. That forces them back into crime. Rehabilitation will go along way in breaking that vicious circle.

Politician, you sound as though you are one of the "non-violent" drug offenders that has spent some time in the joint. Hey?

If you are and you have since changed your way, I applaud you.

You mention Rehab as being the solution. Just who do you have in mind to fund this rehab?

I agree.

Unfortunately, you're still caught up in hysterical Government Propaganda. American prisons are absolutely brutal. A person convicted of a minor drug offense can be murdered at any moment. And rehabilitation is the answer. I know you guys hate hearing that, but it is the logical way forward.

These people have to be given an opportunity to work and start over. Right now, that's not happening. They're continuing to be punished long after they've served their time. That forces them back into crime. Rehabilitation will go along way in breaking that vicious circle.

Politician, you sound as though you are one of the "non-violent" drug offenders that has spent some time in the joint. Hey?

You mention Rehab as being the solution. Just who do you have in mind to fund this rehab?

A pound of prevention is cheaper than an ounce of punishment.

I agree.

A pound of prevention is cheaper than an ounce of punishment.

I absolutely agree that prevention is worth more than a cure. But that still didn't answer my question to Politician, who does he have in mind to fund this rehab?

The entire country is a prison. The only "free" people are those who live outside the system entirely. This usually means homelessness, and no way to gain income. Most people are unwilling to go that far to be free.

Forum List

Back