Political Question

Do you believe Senators' vote's must be published in an impeachment trial.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every vote a Senator casts is a matter of public record.

Trump isn't going to be impeached. He's going to be censured by the House, and that will be the end of it.
That would be politically the wise thing to do. Votes to impeach are putting targets on people. Possibly literally

I think politically it would look pretty weak. Also, I'm not so sure a good reason to not impeach a president is because its fanbase might get violent. Not a good precedent to set.

Ultimately, whether it's a censure or impeachment will come down to which is more popular, not whether the GOP senators would kill it or not.
Well ultimately the question is whether Americans will say "no" to a potus who thinks it's ok to use the DOJ to engage with a for govt to take out a political adversary.

As I suggested before you need to think before opening your mouth.
Are you aware of what the charges against the Democrats and deepstate are right now? Or maybe you really are clueless and really are just that stupid.
Are you merely an asshole or a clueless one at that? Ultimately it will be for people to decide whether Trump is a victim or whether it was wrong of him to strongarm a for govt, and use the DOJ in the act, to help him in an election to keep power.
So you are for a shadowy goverment conducting it's business in total secrecy, free from public scrutiny. You trully are a short sighted shitforbrains with zero concept of what this nation has been about since day one.

That would be politically the wise thing to do. Votes to impeach are putting targets on people. Possibly literally

I think politically it would look pretty weak. Also, I'm not so sure a good reason to not impeach a president is because its fanbase might get violent. Not a good precedent to set.

Ultimately, whether it's a censure or impeachment will come down to which is more popular, not whether the GOP senators would kill it or not.
Well ultimately the question is whether Americans will say "no" to a potus who thinks it's ok to use the DOJ to engage with a for govt to take out a political adversary.

As I suggested before you need to think before opening your mouth.
Are you aware of what the charges against the Democrats and deepstate are right now? Or maybe you really are clueless and really are just that stupid.
Are you merely an asshole or a clueless one at that? Ultimately it will be for people to decide whether Trump is a victim or whether it was wrong of him to strongarm a for govt, and use the DOJ in the act, to help him in an election to keep power.
So you are for a shadowy goverment conducting it's business in total secrecy, free from public scrutiny. You trully are a short sighted shitforbrains with zero concept of what this nation has been about since day one.

bendog somethin' followed you home. Don't feed it, don't give it comfort, ignore its whine as it feels the chill of the night.

If President Trump is impeached, and then tried in the Senate, can the votes of the Senators remain private, or must they be published?

Trump isn't going to be impeached. He's going to be censured by the House, and that will be the end of it.
Censored for uncovering crimes committed by the guy that wants to replace him.

The Democrats may employ their numbers in the House to force an impeachment, but that's as far as it will go.
Oh, I think Moscow Mitch will get the dems vote on record in the Senate.

Likely, so must make sure the vote is not public, since we know the Right Wing will put forth hundreds of millions of dark money to make sure the Republican Party keeps the Senate to do their bidding.

If President Trump is impeached, and then tried in the Senate, can the votes of the Senators remain private, or must they be published?

Where in Art I is your first sentence part of the law. I get the Senate makes it's own rules, but that hasn't facilitated democracy in America (Moscow Mitch isn't a real friend of democracy).

Well if you ever watch CSPAN it's broadcast on the spot

Must it be? Do the rules of the Senate require CSPAN or any other media be allowed to monitor the vote? Can the Senate not meet behind closed doors to the public (some committee have).

I suspect as time goes on and the public outrage reaches into the Red States, Republicans in the Senate will convict Trump if he is impeached. If and when the facts are so beyond any reasonable doubt, enough Republican and Red State Senators will vote to convict.

Forum List

Back