Politico: GOP insiders applaud Clinton rollout

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
GOP insiders applaud Clinton rollout - James Hohmann - POLITICO

tpc_clinton_1160x629.jpg

Hillary Clinton has found a new constituency: Republicans.

A significant — and surprising — majority of GOP insiders in the early states offered at least some praise for her presidential campaign rollout in a special Wednesday edition of The POLITICO Caucus, our weekly bipartisan survey of the most important activists, operatives and elected officials in Iowa and New Hampshire.

These are people who will never vote for her, but they have their fingers on the political pulse in the two states that kick off the nominating process. While most Republicans thought the former secretary of state’s announcement was contrived or phony, they nevertheless viewed it as a savvy and effective campaign launch.

“Honestly, I was very impressed,” said a top Iowa Republican, who — like all 72 respondents — completed the questionnaire anonymously in order to speak candidly. “She’s always been seen as cold. I think this helps warm her up for the general election. It also creates a soft launch for her.”

“She can be very hard to listen to speak, at times shrill, so this was refreshing and a little inspirational,” said a second Iowa Republican. “She knows she needs to earn people’s vote. It’s a smart way to brush off being the ‘anointed one.’”

“The drive to Iowa is the smartest play I’ve seen her make in a while,” declared a New Hampshire Republican.

A second Granite State Republican described the road trip as a masterstroke. “The campaign is, rightly, underplaying it and letting the social media activity promote her and her travels,” he said. “Really, really well played.”

Less surprisingly, the vast majority of Democratic insiders thought Hillary nailed her announcement and said her first foray into Iowa on Tuesday went as successfully as could be expected. Four in five surveyed said that this week’s rollout — from the launch video to the van ride to the low-key Iowa events — signals that she has learned the right lessons from her 2008 loss.

Much, much more at the link to read. The GOPers are anonymous, but the states from which they hail are listed.

Plenty of stuff to talk about.

Remember: Politico is a decidedly Right-leaning publication, with no love for the Clintons.

Read more: GOP insiders applaud Clinton rollout - James Hohmann - POLITICO

• Banned
LOLz

Anonymous GOPers include: Jake Starkey, bucs90 and g5000

You really are not very smart, now are you.

Politico, though it is Right-leaning, is a respected publication and prints material that is SOURCED.

We are talking about REAL GOP operatives in the real world, not anonymous avatars in cyberspace.

Get a grip on yourself, if you can.

LOLz

Politico, though it is Right-leaning, is a respected publication and prints material that is SOURCED.

We are talking about REAL GOP operatives in the real world, not anonymous avatars in cyberspace.

Well, but there is a difference between saying "yeah she made a good speech" or "yeah she did a good job in how she portrayed herself" and saying "oh wow let's vote for Hillary". I didn't see her rollout so I can't venture an opinion but I can say that I am hoping Hillary gets the nomination because I think she will end up getting slaughtered by the GOP challenger.

I'm still chuckling over all the predictions of a Romney landslide. Don't be making it worse by predicting Hillary "will end up getting slaughtered". Do you rubes never learn?

I'm still chuckling over the 2014 gop landslide.
I'm still chuckling over all the predictions of a Romney landslide. Don't be making it worse by predicting Hillary "will end up getting slaughtered". Do you rubes never learn?

LOLz

Let's go to the polls them where democrats at MSNBC say by 86% they will NOTE vote for Hillary....... Poll Hillary 2016 MSNBC

LMAO!

LOLz

Let's go to the polls them where democrats at MSNBC say by 86% they will NOTE vote for Hillary....... Poll Hillary 2016 MSNBC

LMAO!

Wait a minute. You are comparing an unscientific poll that can be freeped - to this OP....

LOL.

That is batshit crazy.

Are you somehow not understanding that there is no correlation between Mid-term elections and presidential elections? Are you really that daft? Are you not understanding that a vastly different clientele shows up for presidential GE years? Poor you.

LOLz

LMAO!

Wait a minute. You are comparing an unscientific poll that can be freeped - to this OP....

LOL.

That is batshit crazy.
THE poll was done by left wing lunatics at MSNBC YOUR people. And that FRAIL FEEBLE NASTY old white woman STILL LOST.

Are we getting testy, are we? Simmer down.
Honey, you are right but what you fail to understand is so much has happened, a great awakening has occurred. True, only time will tell, but I am willing to hedge my bets, if she is the nominee, now. The press knows they will be questioned more this time around. And id laws have been upheld in a number of states this time around.

Are you somehow not understanding that there is no correlation between Mid-term elections and presidential elections? Are you really that daft? Are you not understanding that a vastly different clientele shows up for presidential GE years? Poor you.

Are we getting testy, are we? Simmer down.
Honey, you are right but what you fail to understand is so much has happened, a great awakening has occurred. True, only time will tell, but I am willing to hedge my bets, if she is the nominee, now. The press knows they will be questioned more this time around.

So, you are still not understanding. And I am not your honey, sugarbuns.

When the American people decided to punish republicans for Nixon it STARTED in the off year and finished in the general election. Are YOU to stupid to remember history?

Forum List

Back