PolitiFact Sheet: 3 things to know about the 'gun show loophole'

The anti-gun mob runs on emotion, not logic. Arguing with emotional people is a waste of time. Better to spend your time buying ammo and supporting the NRA.

I'm signed up with the NRA through 2021 strictly due to the actions of the anti-gun mob. Yes, the NRA is a PITA with their calls for money, but I'm just a member and enjoy the American Rifleman magazine.

Nonetheless, I see the attack on the Second Amendment as an attack on the entire Constitution. I've asked several anti-gunners "If we passed the Obama/Clinton Gun control bill, would you be satisfied and never ask for additional gun control laws?" NONE OF THEM SAID YES. It's a step toward their ultimate goal of gun bans and confiscation.

How about the right to life liberty and the pursuit if happiness ? Aka , not getting gunned down by some freak with an AR .

And spare me this bullshit "attack on the constitution" . You on,y care about the 2nd and you wipe your ass with the rest .
An ar15 is just a sporting rifle...
Barry deserves all of the mass shootings happening on "his watch"...
He has great crocodile tears. Lol
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, if your sport is hunting people.
The ar15 platform was made for shooting varmints(Prairie dogs And such)… much fun.

Wow. All those AR owners are hunting prairie dogs huh? Is that how they market the rifles??
That's what ars are used for the most, varmint/hog hunting. Fact

Have you ever purchased a gun?

No . That's why I am askin . I know a little about MASS. Law because I took the safety course . Private sales have to go thru a database . I'm sure most states don't work that way .

And Boston has no gun murder problem.....right?

Not as much as comparable cities in gun nut states . What's Boston's gun murder rate vs Phoenix ? Dallas ? Miami ? You'll find it's much lower.

Do you understand that as Americans bought, and actually carried guns...our gun crime rate went down? Do you understand that fact?

It is a fact, and not a made up statistic, unlike anti-gun stats you guys always post....

All crime has gone down .

Gun nut sates have more gun deaths and gun crime .
Na, not really.
You have no proof jackass

The anti-gun mob runs on emotion, not logic. Arguing with emotional people is a waste of time. Better to spend your time buying ammo and supporting the NRA.

I'm signed up with the NRA through 2021 strictly due to the actions of the anti-gun mob. Yes, the NRA is a PITA with their calls for money, but I'm just a member and enjoy the American Rifleman magazine.

Nonetheless, I see the attack on the Second Amendment as an attack on the entire Constitution. I've asked several anti-gunners "If we passed the Obama/Clinton Gun control bill, would you be satisfied and never ask for additional gun control laws?" NONE OF THEM SAID YES. It's a step toward their ultimate goal of gun bans and confiscation.

How about the right to life liberty and the pursuit if happiness ? Aka , not getting gunned down by some freak with an AR .

And spare me this bullshit "attack on the constitution" . You on,y care about the 2nd and you wipe your ass with the rest .
maxresdefault.jpg

The ar15 platform was made for shooting varmints(Prairie dogs And such)… much fun.

Wow. All those AR owners are hunting prairie dogs huh? Is that how they market the rifles??

AR-15s are used for hunting, self defense, competition and collecting......

8million rifles with detachable magazines, 5 millions AR-15s and only 1 or 2 a year are used for crime each year.........can you understand those numbers?

In 34 years there was a total of 149 people killed with AR-15s...34 years.......with millions of them in private hands........

In one year, 1,567 people were killed with knives........and every year over a thousand people are killed with knives.......

AR-15s are not a problem.......

maxresdefault.jpg

8million rifles with detachable magazines, 5 millions AR-15s and only 1 or 2 a year are used for crime each year.........can you understand those numbers?

In 34 years there was a total of 149 people killed with AR-15s...34 years.......with millions of them in private hands........

In one year, 1,567 people were killed with knives........and every year over a thousand people are killed with knives.......

Timmy keeps on falling down the well, he can't figure it out.
DonkeyInTheWell-700x700.jpg

Have you ever purchased a gun?

No . That's why I am askin . I know a little about MASS. Law because I took the safety course . Private sales have to go thru a database . I'm sure most states don't work that way .

And Boston has no gun murder problem.....right?

Not as much as comparable cities in gun nut states . What's Boston's gun murder rate vs Phoenix ? Dallas ? Miami ? You'll find it's much lower.

Do you understand that as Americans bought, and actually carried guns...our gun crime rate went down? Do you understand that fact?

It is a fact, and not a made up statistic, unlike anti-gun stats you guys always post....

All crime has gone down .

Gun nut sates have more gun deaths and gun crime .

And gun murder went down more in states with less restrictive gun laws.....

Wrong...the only way anti gunners get that is by using suicides.......

The state of Vermont has the least restrictive guns laws in country......and they have a lower gun murder rate than the city of Baltimore...each have the same population.....

PolitiFact Sheet: 3 things to know about the 'gun show loophole'

Calling it 'gun show' is imprecise because the gaping loophole in the federal law is much bigger than gun show...

Call it the gun-show-flea-market-parking-lot-craigs-list-garage-sale-internet-trailer-park loophole.

Professors at Northeastern and Harvard universities conducted a gun survey in 2015 that isn’t yet published. The national survey of 4,000 non-institutionalized adults found that 22 percent of the people who purchased guns -- at gun shows, stores or elsewhere -- underwent no background check, said Matthew Miller, professor of Health Sciences and Epidemiology at Northeastern University and co-director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center.

When researchers excluded purchases between family and friends, that number dropped to 15 percent, which equates to approximately 5 million gun owners whose most recent purchase did not involve a background check.

5 Million gun purchases/trades/sales - with no background check.

How many where domestic abusers, dishonorable discharges, mentally ill, no fly lists?

Hell, how many are just suicidal. That ugly secret of gun deaths, the majority are suicides. And the pro-life party is okay with suicidal people owning guns.

Not in Illinois thankfully. You don't even need to adjudicated at mentally ill. If you are admitted to hospital program voluntarily, you lose your state gun permit for 5 years.

That's what I call sensible.

Call it what you want, I call it unconstitutional, deprives the individual of their 5th and 6th amendment rights. Of course the commie state of IL is violating the 14th amendment of equal protection by compelling law abiding citizens to jump through hoops that they can not compel criminals to go through.

If parking lot gun trades without a name check are already illegal what does the radical left suggest? Dump the Constitution and break into homes of suspected gun owners? It should be noted that Barry Hussein could have closed the no fly list loophole but he didn't want to anger his criminal jihad base.

Parking lot gun sales without a name check are perfectly legal. A licensed dealer has to do a check. others, no.

Another OP full of lies, shocker.

Indeed. I have bought both guns and ammo at gun shows, as well as cabelas, bass pro, and I have had guns shipped to a local FFL dealer from online sales.

In every single case, before I could take delivery, I underwent a background check by the FBI.

In some cases, at gun shows, I had to wait hours or even had to come back the next day to pick the firearm up due to the backlog of background checks.

When I purchased a firearm from online, the FFL dealer notified me when it arrived and I went to his place of business and the background check was ran at that time.

The propaganda the left throws out there is the most dishonest crap I have seen in some time.

Unfortunately many don't have the same experience

Lol at some real goofballs in the thread. President Obama and the ATF forced gun shop owners to sell to straw buyers and then allowed the straw buyers to transfer the weapons to drug lords. Those weapons were used to kill thousands including border security. Mexico has very restrictive gun laws. Didn't work out so well.

Look at the list of countries with insane gun control laws. Start from the top and decide where you want to live.

Overview of gun laws by nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indeed. I have bought both guns and ammo at gun shows, as well as cabelas, bass pro, and I have had guns shipped to a local FFL dealer from online sales.

In every single case, before I could take delivery, I underwent a background check by the FBI.

In some cases, at gun shows, I had to wait hours or even had to come back the next day to pick the firearm up due to the backlog of background checks.

When I purchased a firearm from online, the FFL dealer notified me when it arrived and I went to his place of business and the background check was ran at that time.

The propaganda the left throws out there is the most dishonest crap I have seen in some time.

That's what you folks keep trying to convince me of. And your proof is........?

I mean honestly. Something that you have heard some limp-wristed ISIS supporter say on MSNBC doesn't impress me in the least.

But I have waited hours (and in some cases) days to get my background check completed - mainly after some of Obama's bullshit. What does that tell us? That hundreds of thousands of people are getting their guns legally - and clogging the FBIs computers.

I mean honestly. Something that you have heard some limp-wristed ISIS supporter say on MSNBC doesn't impress me in the least.

But I have waited hours (and in some cases) days to get my background check completed - mainly after some of Obama's bullshit. What does that tell us? That hundreds of thousands of people are getting their guns legally - and clogging the FBIs computers.

Its getting fucking absurd. Look at the Orlando shooting. First our incompetent government fails by allowing these anti-American freaks into our country. Then our incompetent government fails a second time when after red flags and warnings go off repeatedly they drop this murderous ISIS wannabe off the list and he goes out and shoots up a nightclub. Government, being incompetent idiots then panic and deflect the blame onto the citizens, oh we need stronger gun control laws. WTF the existing laws outed this asshole and government did nothing, so the solution is to pass even more gun control laws, how does that fix an incompetent government? This is what Trump is saying, government is the problem.

I assure you it is for real. I, and thousands of others have legally bought lots of guns with no questions asked, no background check, no identification whatsoever in Texas. Only licensed dealers are required to do the paperwork. You obviously won't take my word for it, but if you can name one law, or any combination of laws to prevent exactly what I described earlier from happening in Texas.I will apologize and bow to your superior knowledge. Come on. Wouldn't you like to be the one to shut me up on this subject for ever? All you have to do is find the Texas law, or combination of laws, that prevents widespread gun purchases without any kind of ID or paperwork..

Here is one good place to start your search. There are literally hundreds of other good sources for you to look for the link I ask for

How to Sell a Gun in Texas (Private Sales) - Face to Face Transfer, and Other Options
Face to Face - Personal Sale

This is the most common transaction and by far the most profitable one to boot. In the state of Texas you do not have to transfer ownership of the firearm via a dealer, nor do you have to have the firearm re-registered as there is no such firearms registration in the state of Texas.

Your only obligation is to reasonably assume that the purchaser is a Texas resident and legally able to own and possess the firearm. Often times people will request a Texas Drivers License to ensure they are a state resident, write a bill of sale, and sometimes take information from the purchaser. All of these are not required, but to some, are good practice to ensure you, as the seller, are performing your duty properly. Each seller's methods vary, and some buyers are defensive about providing personal info to strangers due to identity theft.

Once the transaction is performed you are done. There's no paperwork, no phone calls, etc. to be made.

Gun shows are good avenues for placing your guns in a buyer-rich environment. If you are unsure how to attract a buyer, I suggest a gun show.

An online alternative would be Texas Gun Trader. Classifieds - Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols, Revolvers, Ammunition ... which is a Craigslist style firearms portal for sales of firearms in Texas. I've had good luck on Texas Gun Trader, and highly recommend them.

Gun control advocates are LIARS!

We have large gun shows in my area, 99% of the vendors are gun dealers so you have to undergo a background check to buy anything. Its not some swap meet full of private party sellers like they make them out to be. Of the very view tables that are not dealers they sell old Uncle Bob hunting rifles and antique guns. Then there's the OP mentioning craigslist, you can't sell guns on craigslist.

Gun control advocates are LIARS!

Just because it's that way in your area doesn't mean it's that way everywhere or a lie. Only 18 states and DC require checks for private sales. A federal law would make that the rule everywhere.

Yes that's the system they use but federal law only requires licensed dealers to conduct background checks.

I have purchased several guns at "Gun Shows" and every seller there has been a Licensed Dealer. Every time I have EVER purchased at a gun show, I have undergone a background check. I have NEVER seen a "private sale" out of the trunk of a car at a gun show. Please, stop with your bullshit propaganda.

Like I told you, 18 states and DC require background checks for all sales. Perhaps your state is among them but all of them aren't.

Most states don't require checks for private sales. Hence the need for a federal law closing that gap.
The feds have no authority when it comes to the commerce of a state.

Bullshit! It's done every day.

Wonderful. That may be the law in your state but it's not federal law.
Just because your experience doesn't reflect what is said in the OP, that neither makes it impossible or a lie.

We will never compromise with gun control advocates, on anything, not one inch, eat it.

Fair enough. We'll empty the prisons of drug offenders and fill them with gun dopes.

maxresdefault.jpg

More children killed by abortion in one day than are being killed with any kind of long guns over a period of decades.

But the leftards don't give a flying fuck about them or their rights.

Wonderful. That may be the law in your state but it's not federal law.
Just because your experience doesn't reflect what is said in the OP, that neither makes it impossible or a lie.

We will never compromise with gun control advocates, on anything, not one inch, eat it.

Fair enough. We'll empty the prisons of drug offenders and fill them with gun dopes.

Not without a civil war you wont and the decidedly unarmed libtards should be more careful when picking fights and bringing nothing more than their emotive tiny violins to a gunfight.

Forum List

Back