PolitiFact Sheet: 3 things to know about the 'gun show loophole'

Unfortunately many don't have the same experience

That's what you folks keep trying to convince me of. And your proof is........?

I mean honestly. Something that you have heard some limp-wristed ISIS supporter say on MSNBC doesn't impress me in the least.

But I have waited hours (and in some cases) days to get my background check completed - mainly after some of Obama's bullshit. What does that tell us? That hundreds of thousands of people are getting their guns legally - and clogging the FBIs computers.

I would just like to clarify your position.

Are you saying that it is in fact already a requirement under federal law that background checks must be done for all sales including private sales?
in some states yes

Was that question directed toward you?
I can answer any question I want

If you want a private conversation then do it by PM

Dope.

That's what you folks keep trying to convince me of. And your proof is........?

I mean honestly. Something that you have heard some limp-wristed ISIS supporter say on MSNBC doesn't impress me in the least.

But I have waited hours (and in some cases) days to get my background check completed - mainly after some of Obama's bullshit. What does that tell us? That hundreds of thousands of people are getting their guns legally - and clogging the FBIs computers.

I would just like to clarify your position.

Are you saying that it is in fact already a requirement under federal law that background checks must be done for all sales including private sales?
in some states yes

Was that question directed toward you?
I can answer any question I want

If you want a private conversation then do it by PM

Dope.
Idiot

Wonderful. That may be the law in your state but it's not federal law.
Just because your experience doesn't reflect what is said in the OP, that neither makes it impossible or a lie.

We will never compromise with gun control advocates, on anything, not one inch, eat it.

Fair enough. We'll empty the prisons of drug offenders and fill them with gun dopes.

Not without a civil war you wont and the decidedly unarmed libtards should be more careful when picking fights and bringing nothing more than their emotive tiny violins to a gunfight.

More violent fantasies I see. Probably the exact person who shouldn't have guns.

Lol tell that to my former military instructors

Funny, my military instructors never mentioned or trained me in civil war. That comes from your frail, damaged brain.

We will never compromise with gun control advocates, on anything, not one inch, eat it.

Fair enough. We'll empty the prisons of drug offenders and fill them with gun dopes.

Not without a civil war you wont and the decidedly unarmed libtards should be more careful when picking fights and bringing nothing more than their emotive tiny violins to a gunfight.

More violent fantasies I see. Probably the exact person who shouldn't have guns.

Funny, my military instructors never mentioned or trained me in civil war. That comes from your frail, damaged brain.

Lol...

Squid?

I smell squid.

Lol...

Squid?

I smell squid.

3rd-infantry-division-challenge-coin.jpg

Lol...

Squid?

I smell squid.

View attachment 78978

Did you also get a merit badge for your efforts to disarm your fellow veterans?

Lol...

Squid?

I smell squid.

View attachment 78978

I don't support dopes or kooks simply because they are veterans.

Lol...

Squid?

I smell squid.

View attachment 78978

I don't support dopes or kooks simply because they are veterans.

LoL with support like yours, who needs enemies?

Indeed. I have bought both guns and ammo at gun shows, as well as cabelas, bass pro, and I have had guns shipped to a local FFL dealer from online sales.

In every single case, before I could take delivery, I underwent a background check by the FBI.

In some cases, at gun shows, I had to wait hours or even had to come back the next day to pick the firearm up due to the backlog of background checks.

When I purchased a firearm from online, the FFL dealer notified me when it arrived and I went to his place of business and the background check was ran at that time.

The propaganda the left throws out there is the most dishonest crap I have seen in some time.

Wonderful. That may be the law in your state but it's not federal law.
Just because your experience doesn't reflect what is said in the OP, that neither makes it impossible or a lie.

What guns?

All I have is a butterknife.

:)

Allows. Not requires.

There is no federal law requiring checks for private sales.

Gun Show Background Checks State Laws

"Known as the "gun show loophole," most states do not require background checksfor firearms purchased at gun shows from private individuals -- federal law only requires licensed dealers to conduct checks."

You really should know what you're talking about before calling bullshit.

Jesus, I give up. You're a blithering idiot.
The anti-gun mob runs on emotion, not logic. Arguing with emotional people is a waste of time. Better to spend your time buying ammo and supporting the NRA.

I'm signed up with the NRA through 2021 strictly due to the actions of the anti-gun mob. Yes, the NRA is a PITA with their calls for money, but I'm just a member and enjoy the American Rifleman magazine.

Nonetheless, I see the attack on the Second Amendment as an attack on the entire Constitution. I've asked several anti-gunners "If we passed the Obama/Clinton Gun control bill, would you be satisfied and never ask for additional gun control laws?" NONE OF THEM SAID YES. It's a step toward their ultimate goal of gun bans and confiscation.

How about the right to life liberty and the pursuit if happiness ? Aka , not getting gunned down by some freak with an AR .

And spare me this bullshit "attack on the constitution" . You on,y care about the 2nd and you wipe your ass with the rest .

The 2nd is the amendment that deals with not getting gunned down by nuts with all types of guns.......you guys keep violating it and getting people killed in your gun free zones........

No..we actually care about the rest...but the left can't understand even the ones written in English...and they see ones that don't even exist......

Except most shooting happen in NON GUN FREE ZONES!
True. Most are a result of a home invasion or attack on the street by punks. I posted a detail listing of gun crimes. Read it. You refuse to do anything about the criminals and want innocent people defenseless.

Yet you can't show me the quote ...

Open the quote box dope.

So it says gun stores (licensed shops) are required to do background checks and straw purchases are illegal.

Nowhere did he say private sales require background checks, only when they are straw purchases are they illegal.

How does that support your point?

Read the parts in bold dope.

My god why do you fools like to play dumb so much? Do you think it's funny or trolly?
It only makes you look like a dope.

There is no universal check for PRIVATE gun sales, what part of that don't you understand?

Randal correctly said that, you keep arguing there are universal checks for LICENSED dealers. You aren't contradicting him

It's there for everyone to see dope. He asserted it more than once from the beginning.

Can you clarify what you think you're arguing? I thought you said that he said private gun sales are subject to background checks. Clearly he did not say that. He said they are not subject to background checks. What is it you think he said you think is wrong? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you

Jesus, I give up. You're a blithering idiot.
The anti-gun mob runs on emotion, not logic. Arguing with emotional people is a waste of time. Better to spend your time buying ammo and supporting the NRA.

I'm signed up with the NRA through 2021 strictly due to the actions of the anti-gun mob. Yes, the NRA is a PITA with their calls for money, but I'm just a member and enjoy the American Rifleman magazine.

Nonetheless, I see the attack on the Second Amendment as an attack on the entire Constitution. I've asked several anti-gunners "If we passed the Obama/Clinton Gun control bill, would you be satisfied and never ask for additional gun control laws?" NONE OF THEM SAID YES. It's a step toward their ultimate goal of gun bans and confiscation.

How about the right to life liberty and the pursuit if happiness ? Aka , not getting gunned down by some freak with an AR .

And spare me this bullshit "attack on the constitution" . You on,y care about the 2nd and you wipe your ass with the rest .
An ar15 is just a sporting rifle...
Barry deserves all of the mass shootings happening on "his watch"...
He has great crocodile tears. Lol
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah, if your sport is hunting people.

Spot on. These weapons were created for one purpose, to kill people.
No hunter needs a 30 round magazine.
It's a toy for the tactical minded, dopey adults who like to play badass.

Nope...they are a great weapon for civilian self defense. and if cops and soldiers have them...we get them...since we are the employers not the slaves......just ask the Mexican Autodefensas.....fighting against the police, military and their drug cartel allies in Mexico...as those police and government soldiers murder Mexican citizens in their thousands every year.....ask the autodefensas if they would like to have AR-15s instead of the antique hunting rifles they have...because their government disarmed them.....

Lol...

Squid?

I smell squid.

View attachment 78978

And I am a Star Ship Captain in the Federation of Planets......

upload_2016-6-22_9-18-14.png

PolitiFact Sheet: 3 things to know about the 'gun show loophole'

Calling it 'gun show' is imprecise because the gaping loophole in the federal law is much bigger than gun show...

Call it the gun-show-flea-market-parking-lot-craigs-list-garage-sale-internet-trailer-park loophole.

Professors at Northeastern and Harvard universities conducted a gun survey in 2015 that isn’t yet published. The national survey of 4,000 non-institutionalized adults found that 22 percent of the people who purchased guns -- at gun shows, stores or elsewhere -- underwent no background check, said Matthew Miller, professor of Health Sciences and Epidemiology at Northeastern University and co-director of the Harvard Injury Control Research Center.

When researchers excluded purchases between family and friends, that number dropped to 15 percent, which equates to approximately 5 million gun owners whose most recent purchase did not involve a background check.

5 Million gun purchases/trades/sales - with no background check.

How many where domestic abusers, dishonorable discharges, mentally ill, no fly lists?

Hell, how many are just suicidal. That ugly secret of gun deaths, the majority are suicides. And the pro-life party is okay with suicidal people owning guns.

Not in Illinois thankfully. You don't even need to adjudicated at mentally ill. If you are admitted to hospital program voluntarily, you lose your state gun permit for 5 years.

That's what I call sensible

Piss Poor logic but I don't care about that. Anybody who thinks an American citizen needs a weapon capable of firing 160RPM with magazines capable of supplying that has their head up their military ass.

Anyone found in possession of an unlicensed, unregistered weapon gets a mandatory 25 year sentence.

Why dont' they do something like that to felons now?

Have a record, have a firearm, mandatory 25 year sentence.

Needs to be stricter. ANYONE found in possession of a gun not registered to them.....25 years Minimum. If we want to get serious about sorting out responsible gun owners from those who aren't capable of handling that sort of power, we need to get real with the punishments.

1. You can't require a criminal to register a firearm, the supreme court says it violates their 5th amendment rights. So how do you square requiring law abiding citizens to do something you can't require all citizens to do under the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment?

2. Only about .01% of the population abuse the right to have a firearm, 60% of those suicide and hurt no one else, the vast majority of the others are already prohibited by law from having a firearm. So in reality you have a solution in search of a problem, don't you?

Needs to be stricter. ANYONE found in possession of a gun not registered to them.....25 years Minimum. If we want to get serious about sorting out responsible gun owners from those who aren't capable of handling that sort of power, we need to get real with the punishments.

Not going to happen in a free country,

Not without a civil war between gun owners, and those thinking like you.

Like I said earlier - we allow illegals to come in to this country REPEATEDLY and kill our citizens - then they waltz back across the border laughing at us. The left wants guns out of the hands of LAW-ABIDING citizens. A disarmed population is ripe for tyranny - which the left has been pining for since the 60s.

No, only you want that.

Really? Are you really being honest here? I call bullshit.

You're arguing against something that no one is honestly suggesting. YOU are the problem.

And save your energy, and dont bother sharing an article about some random liberal who wants to ban all guns. I'm talking about sensible gun laws that allow responsible owners to keep their weapons and restrict guns from those who aren't responsible.

Bullshit, you want laws that will make owning a firearm prohibitively expensive for many people. Fuck off.

Why dont' they do something like that to felons now?

Have a record, have a firearm, mandatory 25 year sentence.

I don't believe in registration and I don't believe in "licensing". The second amendment says "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". Now, if you want to impose mandatory sentencing for ANY crime committed with a firearm - I'm fine with that. But take this into consideration before you agree with me. You guys have the ACLU. It will never happen.

It also says "well regulated" but you forget to include that portion.

Well regulated refers to the militia, not the people

Oh look two people in the same thread who were there and can interpret for us! How lucky are we???

The 2nd is worded very simply, there is no interpretation required, just do what it says. The States are responsible for their militias, and the people have a constitutional right to have the weapons of their choice, and yes that includes the weapons of war.

What's so bad about background checks and gun "titles" so you can follow the ownership and wipe out straw purchases .
We already have background checks and straw purchases are illegal. Enforce the present laws. We don't need any new ones.

You can't enforce a law that doesn't exist. I can legally sell a gun to a felon because I can legally sell it without having him go through a background check..

That's an absolute lie, knowingly selling a gun to a prohibited person is a felony under current law.

Forum List

Back