Poll: 2/3 of Americans Would Defy Federal Gun Ban

Poll: 2/3 of Americans Would Defy Federal Gun Ban​

by Tony Lee
25 Jan 2013

In a Fox News survey, two-thirds of Americans said they would "defy" a federal gun ban and keep their guns if the government ever passed a law to "take your guns."

The survey asked respondents, "If the government passed a law to take your guns, would you give up your guns or defy the law and keep your guns?"

Sixty-five percent of those surveyed said they would "defy the law." Specifically, 70% of Republicans, 68% of conservatives, 52% of Democrats, and 59% of liberals said they would "defy" a federal gun ban to keep their guns.

[Excerpt]

Read more:

The government would require a constitutional amendment to do that.

Doesn't matter, because they're not taking your guns.

if the epa can take 10 percent of that corn crop of yours they can certainly take yur guns.
I'm really not worried about past presidents or future presidents but this hill jack in the wh with eric holder is capable of anything.

The epa doesn't take the corn crop, fool! Have a neg for being stupid!

by Tony Lee
25 Jan 2013

In a Fox News survey, two-thirds of Americans said they would "defy" a federal gun ban and keep their guns if the government ever passed a law to "take your guns."

The survey asked respondents, "If the government passed a law to take your guns, would you give up your guns or defy the law and keep your guns?"

Sixty-five percent of those surveyed said they would "defy the law." Specifically, 70% of Republicans, 68% of conservatives, 52% of Democrats, and 59% of liberals said they would "defy" a federal gun ban to keep their guns.

[Excerpt]

Read more:

The government would require a constitutional amendment to do that.

In theory, but a disgusting Supreme Court Decsion (Plessy V. Fergeuson) allowed Jim Crow laws, which were against the Reconstruction Amendments) to flourish for over 60 years.

Who's to say it will not happen again, this time with gun ownership?

And right now I am banned from owning most semi auto rifles, alot of semi auto pistols, and other weapons other New Yorkers can own, only because they owned them before the law. Thats a gun ban, isnt it?

by Tony Lee
25 Jan 2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

:clap2:

Way to jump on the bandwagon to Stupidville!

Doesn't matter, because they're not taking your guns.

if the epa can take 10 percent of that corn crop of yours they can certainly take yur guns.
I'm really not worried about past presidents or future presidents but this hill jack in the wh with eric holder is capable of anything.

You are quite the neg-repping pussy aren't you?

Actually more that 2/3rd of Americans own one gun or more. Guns aren't the problem, people are.
Why is it that Oblamer is firing generals? Aren't these men the leaders that have led and fought to protect America for years?
Gen. Mattis joins a growing list of Flag Officers that have been fired by Obama. The list also includes, Gen. McChrystal, Gen. Ham, Gen. Petraeus, Gen. McKieman, and Admiral Gaouette.

Perhaps they all answered the question of firing on Americans; NO!

Is Oblamer searching for Generals that will do his bidding?

Actually, you are full of shit!

It's interesting that left wingers would authorize a decree from the new American monarch that instantly turns 2/3 of law abiding Americans into felons.

You are quite the neg-repping pussy aren't you?

In his mind he is hurting you.

Just act like when a 3 old hits you........ with fake cries.

He digs that.

How can 2/3 of Americans defy a gun ban when 2/3 of Americans do not own guns and there is no way 100$ of gun owners would defy any ban?

2/3rds surveyed.

So it was a bogus survey in that it sets up a...straw man...fallacy...bullshit scenario..?

A hypothetical impossibility?

Interesting point about hypothetical impossibility, as well as the survey.
First, surveys are skewed, always. The trick is to see if it is disclosed as to how, ie; who responded, where and when it was conducted, and so on.

second, it likely is all hypothetical as the bill has been introduced but is not expected to pass.

and lastly, to engage in the 'hypothetically impossible' a bit myself;
why would it be a given that if a gun ban was instituted, and citizens defied it, that they would all be caught?
After all, everybody seems to be talking about what are now lawful citizens here. Why does anyone think they would jump to suddenly become rabid gun wielding criminals alla sudden? I think the majority of 'ban violators' would simply not register, or turn in or dispose of illegal items. At the same time I doubt they would call attention upon themselves, without drawing attention to oneself, civil police don't "see" you.
Like the drug trade has been conducted for years, the possession and black market sales of the newly illegal weapons would quietly thrive.

course, it is still all a hypothetical impossibility, as noone seems to expect this bill to pass into law

by Tony Lee
25 Jan 2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

No one is taking your guns. But if they did, this just proves that the majority of Americans are willing to become criminals. Better remove the US from the list of tourist destinations...

there is an issue with any law that turns a person into a criminal due to mere possesion of an object, rather than the illegal use of such object.

You have to have a damn good reason to make such a law, and in the case of firearms such ownership is an enshrined right, which makes the burden of need even higher.

Let me ask you a question, if they made a law that forced you to slap a toddler every 2 weeks, would you follow it, or become a criminal?

The issue is making shit up. Of course that issue went right over your head.

by Tony Lee
25 Jan 2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

No one is taking your guns. But if they did, this just proves that the majority of Americans are willing to become criminals. Better remove the US from the list of tourist destinations...

Oh, but they are restricting the people's access to 'guns', ammo, magazines, accessories etc. What do you mean Americans becomng criminal? Only in the mind of Marxists who are destroying our Constituton.
By destroying the Second Amendment what comes next? The First, Third, Fourth, Fifth and Tenth Amendments. Hey while you're at it, why don't you and Oblamer just toss the Constitution in the trash. Oh, I forgot that is the aim of the Democratic Marxist Party.

What restrictions? How many gun shows are there a year in America? We don't even have universal background checks, so who are you kidding?

there is an issue with any law that turns a person into a criminal due to mere possesion of an object, rather than the illegal use of such object.

You have to have a damn good reason to make such a law, and in the case of firearms such ownership is an enshrined right, which makes the burden of need even higher.

Let me ask you a question, if they made a law that forced you to slap a toddler every 2 weeks, would you follow it, or become a criminal?

So you can't grasp my point, and do a one line retort.

Negged for being a bush(har)-league wanna be troll

2/3rds surveyed.

So it was a bogus survey in that it sets up a...straw man...fallacy...bullshit scenario..?

First, surveys are skewed, always. The trick is to see if it is disclosed as to how, ie; who responded, where and when it was conducted, and so on.

second, it likely is all hypothetical as the bill has been introduced but is not expected to pass.

why would it be a given that if a gun ban was instituted, and citizens defied it, that they would all be caught?
After all, everybody seems to be talking about what are now lawful citizens here. Why does anyone think they would jump to suddenly become rabid gun wielding criminals alla sudden? I think the majority of 'ban violators' would simply not register, or turn in or dispose of illegal items. At the same time I doubt they would call attention upon themselves, without drawing attention to oneself, civil police don't "see" you.
Like the drug trade has been conducted for years, the possession and black market sales of the newly illegal weapons would quietly thrive.

course, it is still all a hypothetical impossibility, as noone seems to expect this bill to pass into law

"First, surveys are skewed, always." - that means nothing in and of itself.

It is like saying people are always biased or prejudiced. How one interprets a survey is most important and why people would spend so much time on this one is as puzzling to me as to why the GOP base, if they disliked Romney most, chose him over all other contenders

Good work by Fox

Now we need to have any remote attempt to take everyones guns

How can 2/3 of Americans defy a gun ban when 2/3 of Americans do not own guns and there is no way 100$ of gun owners would defy any ban?

Is this how FOX News warps the minds of followers?

At the end of 2010 it was estimated that 45% of Americans own guns. If you took the percentage of guns to the number of Americans, the number rises to 90%. Of course, many of these numbers are off due to many gun transfers at gun shows which is a transfer from one private collection to another, so in many instances these are not registered transfers.

Source: What percentage of Americans own guns

When they flunk arithmetic everything becomes possible!

It is like saying people are always biased or prejudiced. How one interprets a survey is most important and why people would spend so much time on this one is as puzzling to me as to why the GOP base, if they disliked Romney most, chose him over all other contenders

The survey is always skewed in the way it is conducted as well as in how it is interpreted, absolutely.
In dealing with partisans on a personal basis of both stripes, it does not surprise me to find the recent election, as you desricibe it(accurately imho), puzzling. Partisanship is always very puzzling to me. I might be going out on a limb here, but I am assuming political parties are formed and run by partisans........

So you can't grasp my point, and do a one line retort.

Negged for being a bush(har)-league wanna be troll

The whole issue of taking people's guns is stupid. This is the gun capital of the world, idiot!

I can't neg ya today, I already did.

Good work by Fox

Now we need to have any remote attempt to take everyones guns

Is this how FOX News warps the minds of followers?

At the end of 2010 it was estimated that 45% of Americans own guns. If you took the percentage of guns to the number of Americans, the number rises to 90%. Of course, many of these numbers are off due to many gun transfers at gun shows which is a transfer from one private collection to another, so in many instances these are not registered transfers.

Source: What percentage of Americans own guns

When they flunk arithmetic everything becomes possible!

"They" don't have to fail math, simply look for another survey, study or opinion piece.

The old adage " statistics don't lie but liars use statistics" seems to apply here.

The survey is always skewed in the way it is conducted as well as in how it is interpreted, absolutely.
In dealing with partisans on a personal basis of both stripes, it does not surprise me to find the recent election, as you desricibe it(accurately imho), puzzling. Partisanship is always very puzzling to me. I might be going out on a limb here, but I am assuming political parties are formed and run by partisans........

There are ways of taking an honest survey and getting meaningful results. The methods to do so have been exhaustively analyzed, so when someone is obviously breaking the most basic rules of taking surveys, they don't want an honest, meaningful survey. Their intent is to mislead the ignorant, who don't know about taking proper surveys.

Forum List

Back