POLL: Does the other side of the issues at least have reasonable points?

Does the other side of the issues AT LEAST make some reasonable points?

• Total voters
1,800 Companies Left California In a Year - With Most Bound for Texas

The study estimates that 1,800 relocation or "disinvestment events" occurred in 2016, the most recent year available, setting a record yearly high going back to 2008. About 13,000 companies left the state during that nine-year period.

Of the 1,800 events, 299 of those departures landed in Texas. …

In the past three years, California companies - like Toyota Motor North America (NYSE: TM), Kubota Tractor Corporation, Charles Schwab Corp. (NYSE: SCHW) and Jamba Juice, among others - have announced corporate moves or regional hub launches in North Texas. …

"Departures are understandable when year after year CEOs nationwide surveyed by Chief Executive Magazine have declared California the worst state in which to do business," said Vranich, a corporate relocation expert who jokes that he loves California's weather, but not its business climate. Until recently, Spectrum and Vranich were based in Irvine, Calif. …

HOW CAN THIS BE.............GOV'T HAS NO EFFECT ACCORDING TO THE GATOR GONE GOLFING.
:th_believecrap:

That is not what I said, do try and learn to read. Perhaps your limited IQ is why you are dependent on the government.

The study estimates that 1,800 relocation or "disinvestment events" occurred in 2016, the most recent year available, setting a record yearly high going back to 2008. About 13,000 companies left the state during that nine-year period.

In the past three years, California companies - like Toyota Motor North America (NYSE: TM), Kubota Tractor Corporation, Charles Schwab Corp. (NYSE: SCHW) and Jamba Juice, among others - have announced corporate moves or regional hub launches in North Texas. …

"Departures are understandable when year after year CEOs nationwide surveyed by Chief Executive Magazine have declared California the worst state in which to do business," said Vranich, a corporate relocation expert who jokes that he loves California's weather, but not its business climate. Until recently, Spectrum and Vranich were based in Irvine, Calif. …

HOW CAN THIS BE.............GOV'T HAS NO EFFECT ACCORDING TO THE GATOR GONE GOLFING.

That is not what I said, do try and learn to read. Perhaps your limited IQ is why you are dependent on the government.
BS

Your argument was a mockery of my saying the Gov't can in fact effect the business environment..........as you mocked my are you better off 4 years ago comment.....

And a lot of people are Better OFF.....many were on food stamps and welfare and aren't anymore.........would you say they are BETTER OFF NOW OR NOT...........hmmmm

You then tried to LABEL ME with NEEDING GOV'T TO make it better.............which is BS........

Then you played off the GOV'T doesn't effect the economy and jobs equation.......and I called you out on that.

If the Gov't DOESN'T MATTER.........Then the situation in California SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING.,.....

You know that isn't true..............that DEM anti business policies are causing companies to LEAVE.....And that is GOV'T INFLUENCING the jobs market PERIOD.

giphy.gif

There used to be some commonality before Trump and his Trumpbots came along. Since they mainly seem bent on letting Trump rule by edict rather than having actual coherent policies I can't see supporting anything they do.
no objectivity right there. that isn't even logical.
Sure it is. I prefer steady predictable leadership and care far more about policy than any individual politician. If you only support politicians on the issues it does not matter who is voting as long as they vote the right way. You let Trump tell you what to support and so you end up having to defend his erratic behavior and looking like a hypocrite.

BS

Your argument was a mockery of my saying the Gov't can in fact effect the business environment..........as you mocked my are you better off 4 years ago comment.....

And a lot of people are Better OFF.....many were on food stamps and welfare and aren't anymore.........would you say they are BETTER OFF NOW OR NOT...........hmmmm

You then tried to LABEL ME with NEEDING GOV'T TO make it better.............which is BS........

Then you played off the GOV'T doesn't effect the economy and jobs equation.......and I called you out on that.

If the Gov't DOESN'T MATTER.........Then the situation in California SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING.,.....

You know that isn't true..............that DEM anti business policies are causing companies to LEAVE.....And that is GOV'T INFLUENCING the jobs market PERIOD.

The "are you better off now than you were 4 years ago" needs to be mocked. It implies that if you are, then you are that way because of the president, so you better vote for him again.

This give the person sitting in the white house far too much credit for my work and gives the government far too much control over your lives. If that is the way you wish to live, I guess there is nothing I can do about it, but it just seems a very shitty way to live.

BS

The "are you better off now than you were 4 years ago" needs to be mocked. It implies that if you are, then you are that way because of the president, so you better vote for him again.

This give the person sitting in the white house far too much credit for my work and gives the government far too much control over your lives. If that is the way you wish to live, I guess there is nothing I can do about it, but it just seems a very shitty way to live.
Yawn it is a saying............and in strong economies the incumbent tends to get the votes.

You can't deny that this work environment has gotten more jobs and gotten more people out of poverty............

Those that were not working 4 years ago and are now working........I GUARANTEE you they are better off unless they are lazy and don't want to work.

Play these word games all you want........What said is true......and my point on what Dem gov'ts have done to states is true as well...........

People don't run from States because they were better off there.......LOL

BS

Yawn it is a saying............and in strong economies the incumbent tends to get the votes.

You can't deny that this work environment has gotten more jobs and gotten more people out of poverty............

Those that were not working 4 years ago and are now working........I GUARANTEE you they are better off unless they are lazy and don't want to work.

Play these word games all you want........What said is true......and my point on what Dem gov'ts have done to states is true as well...........

People don't run from States because they were better off there.......LOL

This work environment did not start in Jan 17, it predates it it by about 4 years at least. You need to give your god all the credit for everything from the sun coming up to you having a pay check is getting a tad old.

Pretty straightforward question here. As our political rhetoric becomes more binary and divided, I wonder how many of us believe that the other side of issues AT LEAST make SOME reasonable, understandable points when they argue their side. At least on the major issues confronting us.

Thoughts?

One cannot have a “reasonable” discussion about politics with a leftwing lunatic.

Whenever I have those discussions with members of my family that do nothing but listen to CNN and hate President Trump, they can’t ever dispute the facts I lay out, and they make no coherent argument for their side.
Okay, but people's poor debating skills notwithstanding, do you recognize any validity in opposing views if presented properly?

Sure, got any?

Pretty straightforward question here. As our political rhetoric becomes more binary and divided, I wonder how many of us believe that the other side of issues AT LEAST make SOME reasonable, understandable points when they argue their side. At least on the major issues confronting us.

Thoughts?
Depends on which "other side" you're talking about.

The demented tRumpling harpies who frequent this site, or the nominal adults (no, I'm not referring to Cheeto Jesus) who really participate in the government?
Well, I'm talking about whichever side is on the other end for you. So yeah, in your case, the Trumpsters.
Then no. The local tRumplings rarely even try to make a point, it's mostly a barrage of "liberals suck" hatred and "our great president tRump" sucking up.
I make a point, and then I point out that you suck. The two things are not mutually exclusive.
You and "making a point" are.
Wrong, as always.

Thoughts?
I just want to speak up and say that I am tired of the mango option. We need a more robust fruit, perhaps a berry of some sort, as a substitute.

I nominate the Apple. Nothing is more American and grows in more states than the Apple tree. It is the USMessage Board.

I just want to speak up and say that I am tired of the mango option. We need a more robust fruit, perhaps a berry of some sort, as a substitute.
Damn it, I knew this day would come.

I will have to consider this.

Thoughts?

One cannot have a “reasonable” discussion about politics with a leftwing lunatic.

Whenever I have those discussions with members of my family that do nothing but listen to CNN and hate President Trump, they can’t ever dispute the facts I lay out, and they make no coherent argument for their side.
Okay, but people's poor debating skills notwithstanding, do you recognize any validity in opposing views if presented properly?

Sure, got any?
Well, that answers my question.

Thoughts?
Leftist are the enemy of AMERICA
They are a greater threat than any flu or virus scare they can dream of pushing.

Of course they do. It's when they take those reasonable points beyond the point of reason that I turn my back on them.
Agreed, same here. I've tried to point out here that (a) issue positions and (b) counter-productive behaviors while discussing them, are two entirely different things.

I've clearly failed to get that point across, and I'm not sure why it needs to be so difficult to understand.
Normally, that's because a lot of people are suckered into thinking politics is a team game, when it is all about having differing opinions on issues that will serve the greater good. There should always be a compromise, a combination of what both sides want.

But both sides want extremes. Alas, that is what happens when one deals in absolutes.

Thoughts?
They are a greater threat than any flu or virus scare they can dream of pushing.

When we start labeling people as "enemy" for having different opinions, are we not any different than the leftists who vilify conservatives for having a different viewpoint?

Of course they do. It's when they take those reasonable points beyond the point of reason that I turn my back on them.
Agreed, same here. I've tried to point out here that (a) issue positions and (b) counter-productive behaviors while discussing them, are two entirely different things.

I've clearly failed to get that point across, and I'm not sure why it needs to be so difficult to understand.
Normally, that's because a lot of people are suckered into thinking politics is a team game, when it is all about having differing opinions on issues that will serve the greater good. There should always be a compromise, a combination of what both sides want.

But both sides want extremes. Alas, that is what happens when one deals in absolutes.
Politics is a war without bullets. It's where product people defend themselves against a hoard of bootlicking parasites. Anyone who attempts to portray it as something noble is simply a dumbass.

Thoughts?

Reasonable to them (my opponents) perhaps. However, when they (you?) refuse to give open and sincere answers to my questions? I do not find them to be "reasonable" at all.

Thoughts?

When we start labeling people as "enemy" for having different opinions, are we not any different than the leftists who vilify conservatives for having a different viewpoint?
opinions are great when you have a common ground to meet at. Leftists have nothing in common with those who care about America.

Thoughts?

exactly .....take wedge issues for ex.......all the wingers want simple answers to complex issues, and take it to absolutes

they are politically engineered to rear their ugly heads every election cycle , in order to assume a contingency

historically, wedge issues never go away, their cyclical appearance plucking the strings of partisan hearts akin to salmon returning to spawn upstream

who are systematically fed targets ,by the very same contestants that legislate compromise after voted in.

2xlsff.jpg

~S~

Thoughts?

Of course. The left and right do exactly the same thing, but they can’t see it.

For example, the right screamed O is destroying America. He’s a traitor! Now the left does the exact same thing with the Don. Each side thinks they’re right and the other side is wrong.

The ignorance is over the top.

Thoughts?

They somehow don't see that.

Forum List

Back