POLL: Is it the country, or me?

Has the country completely lost its fucking mind, or is it just Mac?

• Yes, the country has completely lost its fucking mind.

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • No, Mac, it's just you. You're just a _________________.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Mango. Mango everywhere.

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
The country is fine, lay off the politics for a bit if things are getting too steamy for you.

Okay, here's your chance to really let me have it.

I'm quickly losing patience with partisan rhetoric in this country. The conversation is so loaded with hyperbolic bullshit that it seems to me our political conversation is irredeemable.

Disagree with a lefty, and you're Hitler, a Nazi, a KKK member and stupid. Disagree with a righty, and you're Hitler, a Nazi, a commie and stupid.

There's just no in-between any more. A vast majority of posts here are now so completely over the top that they're all kind of running together into a big nasty blur of noise. There really is no reason to believe anyone at this point, at a time in our history in which honest communication is badly needed.

Amirite? Nor not?

I have a hard time not voting mango when that option is available. ;)

I tend to be anti-social, so it's hard for me to judge how much of the crazy we see on this board, or in some of the news media, carries over to the average person.

Things are getting sillier than normal here, and in the media, and with a certain segment of the population, but I couldn't say how widespread it is. I think there are still probably a lot of people who just want to live their lives and don't care all that much about the things we all talk about here, or that pundits say in the media. :dunno:

Okay, here's your chance to really let me have it.

I'm quickly losing patience with partisan rhetoric in this country. The conversation is so loaded with hyperbolic bullshit that it seems to me our political conversation is irredeemable.

Disagree with a lefty, and you're Hitler, a Nazi, a KKK member and stupid. Disagree with a righty, and you're Hitler, a Nazi, a commie and stupid.

There's just no in-between any more. A vast majority of posts here are now so completely over the top that they're all kind of running together into a big nasty blur of noise. There really is no reason to believe anyone at this point, at a time in our history in which honest communication is badly needed.

Amirite? Nor not?

I have a hard time not voting mango when that option is available. ;)

I tend to be anti-social, so it's hard for me to judge how much of the crazy we see on this board, or in some of the news media, carries over to the average person.

Things are getting sillier than normal here, and in the media, and with a certain segment of the population, but I couldn't say how widespread it is. I think there are still probably a lot of people who just want to live their lives and don't care all that much about the things we all talk about here, or that pundits say in the media. :dunno:
From my own personal (and admittedly anecdotal) perspective, two things: First, I see this permeating our society more and more now, where political opinion is being crammed into every segment of our culture, including sports, entertainment, you name it.

And second, in my profession (I'm a financial advisor) I talk to a lot of people, many of them for the first time, all the time. And, because our conversations necessarily become pretty personal, there is often a point in the conversation in which we swerve a bit near stuff like taxes or legislation or politics. And I'm just seeing, more and more, people just go off on emotional, animated, and (what I swear are) pre-fabricated political rants, while I just sit there, a little stunned.

Here's the moment this began to hit me: One of my favorite clients is this sweet little elderly couple who have been with me for a long time. A while back, we stumbled into politics and the wife just completely lost her shit on the topic. It was like listening to Mark Levin while watching Yosemite Sam. And her husband just sat there quietly, nodding his head in agreement. What the fuck? Where did THIS come from?

I guess what I'm saying is the silly, hyperbolic madness I see here, and what I see in real life, appear to be getting closer. And that worries me.

This is the age of the American PINO.

All things, systems, agencies, parties feeling the Nihilistic impulse of destruction and Anarchy.
This is the age of the American PINO.
I agree

Clinton was PINO, Bush was PINO, Obama was a PINO, and now Trump is a PINO.

Had Hillary been elected, she would have been a PINO.

We should stop electing presidents, UNO?

All those PINO's....Pinot Grigio or Pinot Noir?
El Pinot ! climate change.

Forum List

Back