POLL: Kool Aid

Poll: ever heard of Kool Aid as a racial stereotype?

• Yes, I heard of this before the Brian Kilmeade comment

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • No, I never heard of this befor the Brian Kilmeade comment

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From this thread about a co-host on "Fox and Friends" asking a guest doing a cooking segment if she makes Kool Aid with the dish she's preparing (see the thread for background)....

Answer honestly --- before this came up, had you ever heard of Kool Aid as a racial stereotype?
I have. It's right there with watermelon and fried chicken.

No idea if the FAUX twit was trying to be racist or not.

It isn't as well known or well used as watermelon and fried chicken......or bagels....or tacos......for that matter.

Funny you'd mention tacos....

2. “You grew up on tacos, correct?”

During a celebration of National Taco Day, Kilmeade asked Nicaraguan meteorologist Maria Molina to describe to him what it was like growing up eating tacos every day. “I didn’t grow up on tacos,” she replied. “I’m Nicaraguan, it’s not a native food.”

-- from The 8 Stupidest Things Brian Kilmeade Has Ever Said Live on National Television

Yeah. He's awesome. And a member of MENSA......or so I heard.

From this thread about a co-host on "Fox and Friends" asking a guest doing a cooking segment if she makes Kool Aid with the dish she's preparing (see the thread for background)....

Answer honestly --- before this came up, had you ever heard of Kool Aid as a racial stereotype?

It isn't as well known or well used as watermelon and fried chicken......or bagels....or tacos......for that matter.
You put watermelon in your fried chicken!!?? Hey, whatever floats your boat....... :eusa_sick:

Yes. I call it a Chickamelon.

During a celebration of National Taco Day, Kilmeade asked Nicaraguan meteorologist Maria Molina to describe to him what it was like growing up eating tacos every day. “I didn’t grow up on tacos,” she replied. “I’m Nicaraguan, it’s not a native food.”

-- from The 8 Stupidest Things Brian Kilmeade Has Ever Said Live on National Television

Maybe this guy gets his racist jollies by pretending to be ignorant.

Yeah. He's awesome. And a member of MENSA......or so I heard.

Why I bet his IQ is 214.

You put watermelon in your fried chicken!!?? Hey, whatever floats your boat....... :eusa_sick:

Yes. I call it a Chickamelon.
In my neck of the woods that's a girl with huge boobs........ :eusa_whistle:

You need some personal development.
You need to make an appointment with a psychiatric couch....... :thup:
Couches dont make appointments.
Mine do, when I'm unavailable to take the call.......
You should try making an appointment with your psychiatrist instead of your couch.
My couch is smarter.......
You may want to have your appointment expedited so it can occur today.

Last edited:

Could be a Southern thing.

If he has a history of making these types of comments, then he certainly was trying to put the chef in her place.

You need to make an appointment with a psychiatric couch....... :thup:
You should try making an appointment with your psychiatrist instead of your couch.
You may wnat to have your appointment expedited so it can occur today.
Too late!!!

tumblr_mbpoekIqKK1rerys1o1_500.jpg

If he has a history of making these types of comments, then he certainly was trying to put the chef in her place.

He apparently has a history of saying stupid shit, from what I gather. And he may have intended it as a race-bait, it's just that if it was I think it an obscure reference with which to do it. That's what the poll is trying to determine.

We can't determine what was in his head, and from all accounts it's not somewhere we'd want to go anyway.

I have heard the stereotype. I think it was the movie Friday where Chris Tucker's character says something along the lines of, "You know I have Kool-Aid". :lol:
Yep, I was about to post that it's a stereotype that only black people perpetuate. This is literally the first time I've ever heard a white person mention it. If black people recognize it, why can't white people?

You poor thing! Dem blacks get to have all the fun!
Thank you for down playing their hypocracy.

The only kool aid reference I can think of is "Dont drink the kool aid". I am from the south (SC & NW Florida) and never knew kool aid had racist overtones..hell we lived on kool aid when I was a kid.

You may wnat to have your appointment expedited so it can occur today.
Too late!!!
Its never too late. The cops have a 5150 clause.

The only kool aid reference I can think of is "Dont drink the kool aid". I am from the south (SC & NW Florida) and never knew kool aid had racist overtones..hell we lived on kool aid when I was a kid.

Isn't it funny....we live in the South. Where over 50% of all African Americans live. We are friends and neighbors with them and live all around. And we don't know these racial stereotypes. Yet white libs in white liberal cities preach to us about it?

Isn't it funny....we live in the South. Where over 50% of all African Americans live. We are friends and neighbors with them and live all around. And we don't know these racial stereotypes. Yet white libs in white liberal cities preach to us about it?
White people from the south are not in on it. They tend to do the same things the Black people do like drink Koolaid.

White people from the south are not in on it. They tend to do the same things the Black people do like drink Koolaid.

Ah, you may be on to something. As noted before, fried chicken and sweet tea :puke: and cornbread and greens and grits are universal in the South, regardless of race -- and much of it derives from Africa anyway. So the distinction here might be lost.

The term "paralysis through analysis" seems to associate here.

Forum List

Back