POLL: Kool Aid

Poll: ever heard of Kool Aid as a racial stereotype?

• Yes, I heard of this before the Brian Kilmeade comment

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • No, I never heard of this befor the Brian Kilmeade comment

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was an accident. Out of all the beverages in the world Kilmeade, by accident, happened to choose the ONE beverage that has been used to stereotype blacks totally by accident....

Whats the odds of choosing Kool Aid out of all other beverages by accident? I think the odds are somewhere between slim to none

It was an accident. Out of all the beverages in the world Kilmeade, by accident, happened to choose the ONE beverage that has been used to stereotype blacks totally by accident....

Whats the odds of choosing Kool Aid out of all other beverages by accident? I think the odds are somewhere between slim to none

Can't say if it was meant that way or not. I'm just saying, if it was meant that way, then he chose an obscure way to do it.

The comment doesn't make much sense, with or without the stereotype. Hence the stunned looks. They're all like, "huuuh"?

And maybe he did deliberately choose an obscurity as a way of being "subtle". Could be. That's not the question here though. The question is whether it's obscure.

Exactly. I didn't even know that KoolAid still existed.

I thought it was a harmless accident at first but now that I have found out he has a history of this stuff I am convinced he is a passive aggressive racist.

Can't say if it was meant that way or not. I'm just saying, if it was meant that way, then he chose an obscure way to do it.

The comment doesn't make much sense, with or without the stereotype. Hence the stunned looks. They're all like, "huuuh"?

And maybe he did deliberately choose an obscurity as a way of being "subtle". Could be. That's not the question here though. The question is whether it's obscure.
Best way to find out is go to a few neighborhoods and offer it as a beverage.

Exactly. I didn't even know that KoolAid still existed.

I didn't either. I thought that shit died with the '60s.

Then again, I've always shunned commercials, so that would be about the only avenue.

WHAT are the ODDS!!

It's a KOOL AID CONSPIRACY!

:laugh:

You need attention very badly, don't you?
Thats why he claims he ignores people then he does stuff like this and expects everyone to believe him.
laugh.gif

Best way to find out is go to a few neighborhoods and offer it as a beverage.

Good idea, except it would be insulting.

Not because of any connotation -- because it's Kool Aid. :puke:

White people from the south are not in on it. They tend to do the same things the Black people do like drink Koolaid.[/QUOTE]

I went to School in the south and the black to white ratio was about 50%. We all went to the same hang out places and for the most part everyone got along. I think race relations are better in the South anyway...We were neighbors, school mates and played sports together. We never had any riots in our area and this was in the 70's.

CONTEXT. It's all about CONTEXT.
And the context was....Kilmeade was burning a cross on the show in his white hood and sheet, so asking what drink a black woman serves for meals is therefore racist?

lol, you libtards are epic stupid.

Do any of you libtards have even ONE example of an advertisement or well known speaker that used Kool Aid as a stereotype for blacks as opposed to just poor people in general?

I'll bet you cant. Which makes all this fake offense just plain old horse shit.

Do any of you libtards have even ONE example of an advertisement or well known speaker that used Kool Aid as a stereotype for blacks as opposed to just poor people in general?

This is a poll thread, not the Flame Zone. Cast your vote and shut the fuck up.

White people from the south are not in on it. They tend to do the same things the Black people do like drink Koolaid.

I went to School in the south and the black to white ratio was about 50%. We all went to the same hang out places and for the most part everyone got along. I think race relations are better in the South anyway...We were neighbors, school mates and played sports together. We never had any riots in our area and this was in the 70's.
My family is from the south so they told me about the great "race relations" out there. Gimme a break dude.
laugh.gif

1894l.jpg

Now that I did are you going to change your mind?

Hell no lol

Meanwhile unemployment for black teens is something like 80%, and inner city black communities have the highest crime rates across the whole country and they get fed stereotypes about the angry violent black male in our entertainment culture 24/7.

That is the real racism, not this Kool Aid shit.

Why does the speaker or advertisement have to be well known to make it a racial stereotype? Did you just make up your own strawman and think no one would notice?

White people from the south are not in on it. They tend to do the same things the Black people do like drink Koolaid.

My family is from the south so they told me about the great "race relations" out there. Gimme a break dude.
laugh.gif
[/QUOTE]
Sorry for your family. I went to school in the 70's in low country of SC and we did not have the race issues like other places did. Most of that happened in the 50's and 60's and was over with by the 70's.

1894l.jpg

Now that I did are you going to change your mind?

Hell no lol

No, I asked for 'an advertisement or well known speaker that used Kool Aid as a stereotype for blacks' and some random post off of Zimbio isnt that, dude. Hell you could have uploaded it there yourself, idiot.

Forum List

Back