[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

What's the "fair share?"

• Total voters
Tell that to the Afghan warlords.

A "lord" is the leader of a government.

Good point. Join the warlords and teach them anarchy. Tell them nobody has power. Tell them that everyone is free.

Report back on the results. Let us know what nobody in charge leads to. Tell them that it will be just like a corporation with nobody in charge. Everybody's the boss.

You are right anarchy, the complete breakdown or order and thug rule is even worse than excessive government.

Disclaimer: The above message is not a 'recital of propaganda' from left, middle or right but the author's own opinion arrived at through experience and a really quite impressive WQ (wisdom quotient (copyright)).

Here you go.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34424.pdf

Just like business, governments can't afford to give away the goods and services that they produce. A concept that most conservatives struggle with and a complete obscurity to Bush.

Government doesn't produce goods.

Tell me what product have you ever bought that was produced by the government?

It is mostly services. But there are goods like the Interstate Highway System as well.

Highways aren't goods. And they are not for sale.

I would say a fair number for the highest tax bracket is 75%. I'm talking about people who are making hundreds of millions or even billions of dollars. The problem with our country is that we have completely lost a recognizable middle class. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. There are people who are what you could consider upper middle class or lower middle class, but there just isn't a large, strong middle class anymore. The middle class is what makes our country strong. Throughout American history, we have boom times when the gap between the rich and the poor is small and the middle class is large. When we go through recessions, like the current one we are in, the gap between the rich and the poor is similar to the gap of a third world country and the middle class is very weak. The tax code we have right now just isn't working. This whole trickle-down economics idea just doesn't work and our current economy is evidence of that. Like Alexander Hamilton said, pretty much all people are motivated by self interest, which translates to personal economic gain. If the rich have an opportunity to get richer, they will act in their own self-interest and they will leave as little as possible to "trickle down" to the poor. The path we are on is a dangerous one and has led to revolutions countless times throughout history. We must rebuild the middle class and close the gap between the rich and poor if America is to remain successful. A new tax code would be a good first step in this process.

The rich should have an effective 30% tax rate.

The poor should have an effective 50% tax rate. Give them a reason to want to work.

Explain to me how this would benefit our economy please. Why would anyone work if they had to pay more taxes than their greedy bosses who are already severely underpaying them. This would cause a revolution. But I want to hear what you think this would do please elaborate.

The poor should have an effective 50% tax rate. Give them a reason to want to work.

Explain to me how this would benefit our economy please. Why would anyone work if they had to pay more taxes than their greedy bosses who are already severely underpaying them. This would cause a revolution. But I want to hear what you think this would do please elaborate.

LMAO. Hey pardner, I see you're new around here. Let me mention this to you to save you some aggravation.

The right wing whack jobs on here don't do "explanations" and they don't answer "questions" (unless they use their famous answer a question with a question). But they do have a lot of asshole opinions that they never back up with facts.

Other than that, have fun with these right wing whackos. They are good for the occasional laugh.

LMAO. Hey pardner, I see you're new around here. Let me mention this to you to save you some aggravation.

The right wing whack jobs on here don't do "explanations" and they don't answer "questions" (unless they use their famous answer a question with a question). But they do have a lot of asshole opinions that they never back up with facts.

Other than that, have fun with these right wing whackos. They are good for the occasional laugh.

Haha this is what I encounter when I talk to my conservatives friends in person as well! There has to be some Republican out there who can explain to me why they think taxing the poor more than the rich would create more jobs and stimulate the economy!

Perhaps the reason that you are still here is that you are as ignorant of Somalia as you are of the US.

No government. Tribal rule. You can have your own army. In fact, even better, you need your own army for protection. NO TAXES.

If you have an army, then you're the government, dipshit. What do you think government is?

When are you moving to Cuba, asshole?

You often make good debating points but then ruin them by childish use of words like 'dipshit' and 'asshole'. Why do you do it? It just make you look stupid and deters potential friends from supporting you.

Why do you let words like that offend you?

Are you an "asshole" or a "dipshit"?

People like you are part of the problem. You're so worried about being offended that you disregard the message.

I use the same lingo as Bripat when talking with liberals because it has been my experience that most are assholes and/or dipshits.

If you have an army, then you're the government, dipshit. What do you think government is?

You often make good debating points but then ruin them by childish use of words like 'dipshit' and 'asshole'. Why do you do it? It just make you look stupid and deters potential friends from supporting you.

People like you are part of the problem. You're so worried about being offended that you disregard the message.

I use the same lingo as Bripat when talking with liberals because it has been my experience that most are assholes and/or dipshits.

Methinks if one feels the need to get one's panties in a ruffle every time the language goes beyond kindergarten, and one immediately begins looking for a teacher or playground monitor to tattle to or otherwise trying to control said language, perhaps a nice knitting/crafts message board would be better suited than a political one.

Just sayin' . . .

Tell that to the Afghan warlords.

A "lord" is the leader of a government.

Good point. Join the warlords and teach them anarchy. Tell them nobody has power. Tell them that everyone is free.

Report back on the results. Let us know what nobody in charge leads to. Tell them that it will be just like a corporation with nobody in charge. Everybody's the boss.

Someone is in charge, the Lord - the guy with the army. Ethiopia is a Feudal state which is divided up by numerous warring warlords. It's the farthest thing you could get from no government.

Government doesn't produce goods.

Tell me what product have you ever bought that was produced by the government?

It is mostly services. But there are goods like the Interstate Highway System as well.

Highways aren't goods. And they are not for sale.

The claim that we "own" the interstate highways is absurd because we can't sell our shares. If you can't sell it, you don't own it.

Why would the bosses work, or even more important, why would they risk their capital, if they had to pay a 76% tax rate on their earnings? Why wouldn't they prefer to go lay on a beach in the Caribbean somewhere?

I only use it with particular liberal assholes like PMS because he was offensive from day one.

Haha this is what I encounter when I talk to my conservatives friends in person as well! There has to be some Republican out there who can explain to me why they think taxing the poor more than the rich would create more jobs and stimulate the economy!

No, there doesn't have to be a Repub that can offer an explanation that makes sense. Because the premise doesn't make sense.

But I like your optimism.

And you still have friends that are conservatives? I gave up on all those kinds of "friends" a long time ago. They went all bat shit crazy on me. It really started downhill when they wanted to invade Iraq.

It's way to hard to call someone a "friend" when the policies they (purported friend) support would harm your own family.

No, there doesn't have to be a Repub that can offer an explanation that makes sense. Because the premise doesn't make sense.

And you still have friends that are conservatives? I gave up on all those kinds of "friends" a long time ago. They went all bat shit crazy on me. It really started downhill when they wanted to invade Iraq.

It's way to hard to call someone a "friend" when the policies they (purported friend) support would harm your own family.

That's why I don't have liberal friends. I'm not on good terms with any family members who voted for Obama. I told them where to get off. Of course, now they all hate Obama as well.

Why would the bosses work, or even more important, why would they risk their capital, if they had to pay a 76% tax rate on their earnings? Why wouldn't they prefer to go lay on a beach in the Caribbean somewhere?

The taxes were higher than 76% in the in the mid-1900s, when our economy was at its peak and America was experiencing the greatest boom it has ever had. Would there be some bosses who move to the Caribbean? I'm sure some would, but very few. The few that move are probably the bosses that are sending American jobs overseas by the thousands so they can make even more money and screw over the poor. The greed of the rich in our society today is disgusting. In the 1950s, the rich were happy too pay higher taxes for the good of the country. We could use that attitude right about now. And what happened to our economy when the rich's tax rate was 90%? Did our economy implode? No! Our middle class was huge which made our economy the strongest it had ever been and we were on top of the world.

The taxes were higher than 76% in the in the mid-1900s, when our economy was at its peak and America was experiencing the greatest boom it has ever had. Would there be some bosses who move to the Caribbean? I'm sure some would, but very few. The few that move are probably the bosses that are sending American jobs overseas by the thousands so they can make even more money and screw over the poor. The greed of the rich in our society today is disgusting. In the 1950s, the rich were happy too pay higher taxes for the good of the country. We could use that attitude right about now. And what happened to our economy when the rich's tax rate was 90%? Did our economy implode? No! Our middle class was huge which made our economy the strongest it had ever been and we were on top of the world.

Don't forget that even the lowest tax brackets were much higher so returning to the good old days would raise taxes on the lower incomes as well.

That's why I don't have liberal friends. I'm not on good terms with any family members who voted for Obama. I told them where to get off. Of course, now they all hate Obama as well.

(For me) It took a Repub President invading a country that didn't attack us for me to understand that Repubs were to be considered untrustworthy.

It took you seven years later when a black dude was elected President for you to decide that the black guy couldn't be trusted.

See ANY difference? Of course not. It's just politics as usual with you.

Don't forget that even the lowest tax brackets were much higher so returning to the good old days would raise taxes on the lower incomes as well.

Get rid of the EIC, get rid of the home interest deduction, raise the tax rate on the top earners to 45%. Tax all income as earned income.( No cap gains no deferred comp) None of the bullshit mechanisms that the ultra rich use to avoid taxes. Cut government spending 10% across the board.

You want to do ANYTHING about the debt or is it better to have the debt as something to bitch about?

(For me) It took a Repub President invading a country that didn't attack us for me to understand that Repubs were to be considered untrustworthy.

It took you seven years later when a black dude was elected President for you to decide that the black guy couldn't be trusted.

See ANY difference? Of course not. It's just politics as usual with you.

Just ignore the Democrat controlled Congress that authorized it and the many Democrats that supported it.

Forum List

Back