Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Did you have regular contact with both a mother and father in life & think it was important?

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a democrat) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a democrat) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a republican) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a republican) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (Other) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (Other) Yes. But not it was not important to me

• (Other) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (Other) No. And no, it didn't bother me

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had the best parents anyone could ever hope to have. They taught and prepared me how to live and survive life.

I keep saying "important for boys to have dads and girls to have moms"...but equally important is for the child to learn how to relate to the opposite gender which is something they'll have to know how to do well to be functional and healthy adults..

I have known many kids raised by single parents- and oddly enough they turn out as 'functional and healthy' adults as everyone else.

Oh wait- you only care when they have two parents of the same gender- not one parent of the same gender.....
Statistically, children of single parents do NOT turn out as "normal" as kids raised by mom and dad.

Mark

I had the best parents anyone could ever hope to have. They taught and prepared me how to live and survive life.

I keep saying "important for boys to have dads and girls to have moms"...but equally important is for the child to learn how to relate to the opposite gender which is something they'll have to know how to do well to be functional and healthy adults..

I have known many kids raised by single parents- and oddly enough they turn out as 'functional and healthy' adults as everyone else.

Oh wait- you only care when they have two parents of the same gender- not one parent of the same gender.....
Statistically, children of single parents do NOT turn out as "normal" as kids raised by mom and dad.

Mark

Statistically, I would agree- and most of that difference is accounted for by income disparity. A two parent household statistically is more income secure than a single parent household.

But what i said still stands- I have known many kids raised by single parents and they have turned out as functional and healthy adults as everyone else.

Mark

Statistically, I would agree- and most of that difference is accounted for by income disparity. A two parent household statistically is more income secure than a single parent household.

But what i said still stands- I have known many kids raised by single parents and they have turned out as functional and healthy adults as everyone else.

There are always exceptions. But, the best scenario is the two biological parents. And I doubt income disparity is the cause of the uptick in crime, dropping out of school, and mental health issues, that having a father figure wouldn't fix, even if the income stays the same.

Mark

What about the rural feral humans- begotten of an unmarried mother and a changing list of married or unmarried fathers- all of whom avoid both the financial and familial responsbilities of parenthood?

What about the simply shitty dads- we have all seen some of them in action- who abandon wife number 1 after 10 years or so to run off with the girl friend and then only sporadically attempts to be a dad, while all the time starving his kids of affection and financial support.

We need better parents- rather than blaming gays .

Is a good parent one who would legally bind a child to a motherless or fatherless existence for life? .

Sure could be.

A parent who divorces an abusive spouse and vows never to marry again- sure.

To you the only- and I mean ONLY- characteristic of a 'good' parent is being in a heterosexual relationship.

To me, being a good parent is actually parenting well.

A child with two parents, statistically, has a better chance of having a financially secure childhood- regardless of the gender of the parents- than the child raised by a single parent.

Any child raised by any two parents- is statistically likely to be raised by at least one good parent- than any child raised by only one good parent.

Would you require single parents to marry in order to protect those children?
Require married couples to stay married in order to have your 'existance for life'?

Oh wait- that only applies to gay parents.........like all of your anti-gay screeds.

[QUOTE="Silhouette, post: 13584063, member: 44514"
31 people voted so far.. over 90% believe that having both a mother and father is important. 90%....90%... That's impressive.[/QUOTE]

LOL- Silhouette and her 'polls'- it is almost as comical as the lies she says about the Prince's Study and the Mayo Study....

Most people that deal with kids from broken homes say that the kids never give up hope that mom and dad will get together again.

So, I would have to say its very important.

Mark
Well in any gay marriage, the ceremony itself is an announcement to kids of a life-sentence of lost hope..
I suspect our daughter would punch you in the nose for that.

Yes very important. My father taught me to fuck the ass and my mother taught me to take it in the ass. We are the fucking Brady bunch family
I remember my mom taught me and my brother about hetero sex and we were grossed out just as bad as you are at the thought of a penis in your mouth or ass. But we soon got over it. Maybe soon you'll get over the idea of gay butt sex.

I'll do that when my girlfriend no longer has fears of black penises. Never happen
That's what she tells you.

Most people that deal with kids from broken homes say that the kids never give up hope that mom and dad will get together again.

So, I would have to say its very important.

Mark
Well in any gay marriage, the ceremony itself is an announcement to kids of a life-sentence of lost hope..

Most gay marriages involve no kids at all- is this some announcement sent out like to schools or something?

"Bob and Bill got married last Saturday- so we want to announce to the students of Abraham Lincoln Elementary that you now have a life sentence of lost hope.

You can blame Bob and Bill for that"
My nephew goes to Cranbrook. It is one of the top private schools in the country. Mitt Romney went there. Anyways, there is a gay couple who send their kid to the school.

Then there is my friends kid. He's a 13 year old morbidly obese Republican with a mouth like a sailor. If anyone touches him he yells "DON'T TOUCH ME YOU F'ING FAGGOT". Boy have his Republican parents raised him well, huh?

Seems to me the gay couple are doing a much better job than the straight couple. But luckily for fatty his parents have money and he'll probably take over his parents business when he grows up and he can pretend that he succeeded on his own.

All the parents are wondering when the little fat fuck Republican is going to get expelled.

Or does SIL think that it should the the gay family who should leave the school? LOL

The funny thing with generalizations is that we could interchange 'gay' with 'Republican' in your story and it would still be the same.

Doesn't matter whether the parents are 'gay' or 'Republican' or the even odder 'gay Republicans'- what matters is what kind of parents that they are.

But you are right Silhouette would judge the parents on one thing only- whether they are gay or not.
You're right. Probably most of the people at that school are Republicans. $20k a year to send your kid there.

I should have said his dad is one of those typical loud mouth rush bill O'Reilly Drudge type Republicans

Yes very important. My father taught me to fuck the ass and my mother taught me to take it in the ass. We are the fucking Brady bunch family
I remember my mom taught me and my brother about hetero sex and we were grossed out just as bad as you are at the thought of a penis in your mouth or ass. But we soon got over it. Maybe soon you'll get over the idea of gay butt sex.

I'll do that when my girlfriend no longer has fears of black penises. Never happen

I had a black guy over for a 3 some and she kicked his ass out and said get that fucking thing out of here. Don't know if she meant that literally or metaphorically. Does it mater?

That's sick if i

I had a black guy over for a 3 some and she kicked his ass out and said get that fucking thing out of here. Don't know if she meant that literally or metaphorically. Does it mater?
That's sick if true and she's still your woman.

Mark

They have issues you don't know about. Go to NPR.org or the thread I started about how less than 1/3 of kids are being raised in 2 parent homes and this is especially a problem in the black community.

Yea there's a correlation between single parents and poverty

Mark

They have issues you don't know about. Go to NPR.org or the thread I started about how less than 1/3 of kids are being raised in 2 parent homes and this is especially a problem in the black community.

Wrong. There is a direct problem between poverty and laziness

'

I don't know which is more unlikely- that Judicial actually was going to have sex with a live female- or that Judicial had actually talked with a 'black guy'

Mark

"they have issues you don't know about"- and you do?

I am very aware of some of the issues that statistically can affect the children raised by single parents. If you want to argue with me regarding single parenting- something which i am generally in agreement with you on- feel free to start a new thread.

Forum List

Back