POLL: Serious question for conservatives: Have you given up?

Is the ideological war over, or has it just begun?

• Total voters
I could easily be wrong here, but I'm seeing little signs here and there that there are conservatives who are more in a salvage operation than a rescue operation.

In other words, I'm getting the impression that they feel the country is clearly going down a different road, and that the major battle has been lost. What some seem to be doing now is trying to salvage what elements of conservatism they can. But other than that, it's over.

Am I right or wrong?

We are glad to see you are the bigger man and posted you were wrong.

Thank you.

Do you feel that conservatism is winning, and that it will continue to do so?

I certainly agree that several of these should be considered extreme...not sure why Mac wouldn't.
"Extreme" is an adjective and a purely subjective term.

I don't know why those facts would be difficult to grasp.

You seem to be saying that are perspectives are so far apart that we cannot engage in any form of dialog.

Which raises the question, why are you here then?

I certainly agree that several of these should be considered extreme...not sure why Mac wouldn't.

You seem to be saying that are perspectives are so far apart that we cannot engage in any form of dialog.

I come here for two reasons: (1) To belch out my opinions here and there and (2) to observe behaviors, motivations and tactics.

I come here for two reasons: (1) To belch out my opinions here and there and (2) to observe behaviors, motivations and tactics.

And you have given up on the very concepts of communication and/or human empathy and/or logic.

And you have given up on the very concepts of communication and/or human empathy and/or logic.
Of course not. What a strange question.

What I have given up on is trying to have interesting or meaningful conversations with wingers on internet message boards. I stumble into one now and then, but I no longer put forth much effort there.

I could easily be wrong here, but I'm seeing little signs here and there that there are conservatives who are more in a salvage operation than a rescue operation.

In other words, I'm getting the impression that they feel the country is clearly going down a different road, and that the major battle has been lost. What some seem to be doing now is trying to salvage what elements of conservatism they can. But other than that, it's over.

Am I right or wrong?
You are right-constitutional conservatives are a dying breed. Democrats won't pick them up, it will be independents.

Which is exactly why I keep the verb "perceive" along with extreme. If you don't perceive some of these ideas as extreme, that would indicate that your balance point is considerably different than most.

Which is exactly why I keep the verb "perceive" along with extreme. If you don't perceive some of these ideas as extreme, that would indicate that your balance point is considerably different than most.
I agree that it's considerably different from that of political partisans, but not of the general populace. My guess/hope is that a majority of the populace doesn't see things the way partisans do.

I agree that it's considerably different from that of political partisans, but not of the general populace. My guess/hope is that a majority of the populace doesn't see things the way partisans do.
You are posting like you have just read a Political Science 101 text.
Lao Tzu said: "Since all human experience is subjective value judgements become irrelevant".
Chew on that one for a while.

The conservatives are hiding in a closet somewhere....They are all afraid of the big fat orange wolf....True Conservatives know trump is a charlatan....a fake....but they are frozen....They don't dare challenge.trump....UNLESS THEY ARE NO LONGER IN OFFICE...

You and your “true conservative” allies are defeated. Stop whining.

Tea Party Conservatives like myself gave birth to Trump....

For too long we were fooled by rinos that never got anything done

other than pulling their britches down and bending over for the Tards...

The establishment of both parties have played us all...

Trump exposed the fact we had one party masquerading as two....

Trump has done more for Conservatives than any before him....

Trump is the first Warrior President for the Right in my lifetime......

After his example he won’t be the last.....

Thank God for President Trump.

Watch the Democrats and liberals here champion “true conservatives”. They practically get weepy when pining for their old friends the “true conservatives”. That tells you all you need to know.
Never fall for it again.

Am I right or wrong?

Conservatives have started a movement called the Article V movement. Unless this is passed, conservatives will never really have a voice in government ever again. But they will fight on nevertheless, just like everyone else.

What I have given up on is trying to have interesting or meaningful conversations with wingers on internet message boards. I stumble into one now and then, but I no longer put forth much effort there.

When you dismiss the idea that communication is possible despite difference perspectives, you are giving up on communication, logic and human empathy.

Conservatism is now simply circa 2008 liberalism. Moldbug’s “left-ratchet” in action.

When you dismiss the idea that communication is possible despite difference perspectives, you are giving up on communication, logic and human empathy.
Okay, thanks.

Okay, thanks.

It might be a helpful exercise for you, to try to express your view in a way that someone with a different perspective can appreciate.

Because you seem to becoming more and more close minded.

You don't want to end up like Rightwinger.

He used to engage in dialog, you know.

I think the R's had one too many presidential candidates of the same ole same ole in the beginning, also, the R's gaining full control of the House and Senate and still being a ''do nothing Congress has come back to bite them, making Trump stand out, as an outsider, more appealing than normal.
cool. Now explain Bernie.
free college, appealing to college age students and the parents of college age student's pocketbooks.

Nothing is free Dip Shit.....

You Tards just want other people to pay for your shit....

Pay for your own shit tard....
Get a grip! :eek:

I was answering a question that was asked!

Okay, thanks.

It might be a helpful exercise for you, to try to express your view in a way that someone with a different perspective can appreciate.

Because you seem to becoming more and more close minded.

You don't want to end up like Rightwinger.

He used to engage in dialog, you know.

He is one of many who succumbed to TDS.

Am I right or wrong?
Wow, this thread didn't age well. The Democrats have literally self-destructed, and Conservative Republicans have never been stronger. Best wishes with that TDS affliction!

Am I right or wrong?
Wow, this thread didn't age well. The Democrats have literally self-destructed, and Conservative Republicans have never been stronger. Best wishes with that TDS affliction!
I guess we'll see, huh?

Forum List

Back