POLL: Serious question for conservatives: Have you given up?

Is the ideological war over, or has it just begun?

• Total voters
I think the R's had one too many presidential candidates of the same ole same ole in the beginning, also, the R's gaining full control of the House and Senate and still being a ''do nothing Congress has come back to bite them, making Trump stand out, as an outsider, more appealing than normal.
cool. Now explain Bernie.
free college, appealing to college age students and the parents of college age student's pocketbooks.

Nothing is free Dip Shit.....

You Tards just want other people to pay for your shit....

Pay for your own shit tard....

I don't see many moderates anywhere. That's the problem - moderating voices are being flushed the minute they're heard.

Trumps policies are completely moderate. They won the GOP primaries and the general election.

Mac, name me a policy of Trump's that you consider "extreme". Give me the most extreme one.

I know this is a very old thread, but I would like to know the answer to this question as well. Was Trump policies are extreme? I am not sure many Democrats would be able to list them with a straight face. They have been told that his policies are extreme, thus they believe it.

Depending upon where you view the policies from, they can run the gamut from moderate, to extreme.

Look at the far Left. If they are viewed from there, of course they seem extreme. But, truth be told, Democrats when they were moderate, believed in many of these same policies.

One day I will get the JFKs policies, and put them over Trumps. Not much difference at all. Of course, no Leftist will post in that thread, because if viewing their policies together as they overlap, would destroy their whole talking point.
Well, that's the sign of an ideologue: They are unable to understand simple perspective.

The predictable result is that "my" side is moderate and reasonable, and the "other" side is "extreme".

We see this here, constantly.

Well, I urge all that are interested, to look at the JFK policies, and then cross reference them with Trumps. They aren't exact as they were from different times in history, but they are pretty close. Even JFKs stance on illegal immigration (and Eisenhowers too) mirror Trumps. What Trump is doing, is not anything really new, he is just taking what worked for past Presidents of BOTH party's, and reinstituting it. The reason the far Left thinks it is so outlandish, is because THEY are the ones trying to institute new policies on many of these old questions. And to do that, they need to make everyone think Trump is off his rocker, and waaaaaaay out there.

Nothing could be further from the truth! Most all of these policies, were used by past Presidents, and rather successfully!

I could easily be wrong here, but I'm seeing little signs here and there that there are conservatives who are more in a salvage operation than a rescue operation.

In other words, I'm getting the impression that they feel the country is clearly going down a different road, and that the major battle has been lost. What some seem to be doing now is trying to salvage what elements of conservatism they can. But other than that, it's over.

Am I right or wrong?

We are glad to see you are the bigger man and posted you were wrong.

Thank you.

I don't see many moderates anywhere. That's the problem - moderating voices are being flushed the minute they're heard.

You see that right on this forum every day.
Drives me nuts.
For me, it's like how the hell can everyone not see that choosing sides as if this is all a competition IS the problem.
I believe it was 92% of the house last election was reelected despite approval ratings below 20%! HELLOOO!!?
F*cking insanity.

I could easily be wrong here, but I'm seeing little signs here and there that there are conservatives who are more in a salvage operation than a rescue operation.

In other words, I'm getting the impression that they feel the country is clearly going down a different road, and that the major battle has been lost. What some seem to be doing now is trying to salvage what elements of conservatism they can. But other than that, it's over.

Am I right or wrong?

when so-called conservatives are railing because they can't hang signs on their businesses saying "no blacks, no jews, no gays", in 2016, I don't think the party has anything it can do but run a salvage operation.

seriously, actual conservatives get left out in the cold with raving loons like that. better to let them go start their own party and re-build from there.
========

Republicans are like little 4 year old girls throwing a tantrum in the grocery store === laying on the floor === kicking their heels and screaming at the top of their voice === because Mommy won't buy them candy, because they can't make sure the Supreme Court stays packed in their favor.

You Tards are delusional with your projections...

Trumps policies are completely moderate. They won the GOP primaries and the general election.

Mac, name me a policy of Trump's that you consider "extreme". Give me the most extreme one.

I know this is a very old thread, but I would like to know the answer to this question as well. Was Trump policies are extreme? I am not sure many Democrats would be able to list them with a straight face. They have been told that his policies are extreme, thus they believe it.

Depending upon where you view the policies from, they can run the gamut from moderate, to extreme.

Look at the far Left. If they are viewed from there, of course they seem extreme. But, truth be told, Democrats when they were moderate, believed in many of these same policies.

One day I will get the JFKs policies, and put them over Trumps. Not much difference at all. Of course, no Leftist will post in that thread, because if viewing their policies together as they overlap, would destroy their whole talking point.
Well, that's the sign of an ideologue: They are unable to understand simple perspective.

The predictable result is that "my" side is moderate and reasonable, and the "other" side is "extreme".

Stop avoiding the question. Lets put this more simply. What Trump policies do YOU PERCEIVE to be extreme?
They don't like him PERSONALLY so they make shit up

Stop avoiding the question. Lets put this more simply. What Trump policies do YOU consider extreme?
"Extreme"? None.

Which policies of the leading Democratic policies do you perceive to be extreme?

Stop avoiding the question. Lets put this more simply. What Trump policies do YOU consider extreme?
"Extreme"? None.

Which policies of the leading Democratic policies do you perceive to be extreme?

Grown men in little girls bathrooms?

"Extreme"? None.

Again, I don't know what "extreme" is supposed to mean.

By my standards, I wouldn't use the word for them either.

"Extreme"? None.

Sanctuary cities?

Calling illegal rapist killer Mexicans immigrants?

Banning plastic straws?

Banning big gulps?

Making us pay higher fuel bills?

Making us pay more taxes?

Am I right or wrong?

Good question Mac, and now, it appears, you have a clear, and defining answer-)

Maybe you should be asking instead, if moderate Democrats exist any longer, lol!

Let me tell you something Mac----------> I did not like Hilly, but she was actually a moderate, or as moderate as a Democratic candidate can get these days. She moved LEFT, to insure she won the nomination from Bernie.

That being said------------> In my humble opinion, Biden is even MORE moderate than Hilly was; which bodes badly for him in the primaries. While he is the LEADING candidate, his support is not strong enough to defeat 1 far Leftist, if the rest drop out.

The clock is ticking on what will happen 1st----------->will Biden build a tremendous lead before many candidates drop? Or will the candidates drop early, putting Biden in a terrible pickle.

Biden can NOT move to far Left if he wants to beat Trump, but can he survive the primary without doing so? That is the question that moderate Democrats must ask themselves. Because, the truth of the matter is----------->if he has to proclaim his LEFTISM to win the primary, every word he says will brought back to hit him over his political head in the general.

If you remember...…….Obama NEVER had to move Leftward to win the party nomination. In fact, the general public believed HE would control the crazies in his own party. Any time the GOP accused him of being far Left, he DENIED it, and insisted it was good, capitalistic policy he was putting in. He used the Bill Clinton Presidency to point this out!

Now the Left is off the rails, and NOBODY but Biden can be considered a moderate on the Dems side; at least nobody with a decent chance to win the nomination.

Personally, I think the far Left is to strong to let him get the nod, and if they don't, if Trump wins again, they did it to themselves trying to push him ever Leftward, and I am convinced, America will have none of it!

Am I right or wrong?

Good question Mac, and now, it appears, you have a clear, and defining answer-)

Maybe you should be asking instead, if moderate Democrats exist any longer, lol!

Let me tell you something Mac----------> I did not like Hilly, but she was actually a moderate, or as moderate as a Democratic candidate can get these days. She moved LEFT, to insure she won the nomination from Bernie.

That being said------------> In my humble opinion, Biden is even MORE moderate than Hilly was; which bodes badly for him in the primaries. While he is the LEADING candidate, his support is not strong enough to defeat 1 far Leftist, if the rest drop out.

The clock is ticking on what will happen 1st----------->will Biden build a tremendous lead before many candidates drop? Or will the candidates drop early, putting Biden in a terrible pickle.

Biden can NOT move to far Left if he wants to beat Trump, but can he survive the primary without doing so? That is the question that moderate Democrats must ask themselves. Because, the truth of the matter is----------->if he has to proclaim his LEFTISM to win the primary, every word he says will brought back to hit him over his political head in the general.

If you remember...…….Obama NEVER had to move Leftward to win the party nomination. In fact, the general public believed HE would control the crazies in his own party. Any time the GOP accused him of being far Left, he DENIED it, and insisted it was good, capitalistic policy he was putting in. He used the Bill Clinton Presidency to point this out!

Now the Left is off the rails, and NOBODY but Biden can be considered a moderate on the Dems side; at least nobody with a decent chance to win the nomination.

Personally, I think the far Left is to strong to let him get the nod, and if they don't, if Trump wins again, they did it to themselves trying to push him ever Leftward, and I am convinced, America will have none of it!
Look around at the left-leaning sites and you'll see a clear bias against him, all things considered.

That may be enough to take him out. If he gets the nomination, he'll have to pick a PC-friendly veep. Kamala would be the obvious choice.

But the Regressives don't like Joe, and they have most of the energy in the party right now. Just like the Trumpsters.

"Extreme"? None.

Sanctuary cities?

Calling illegal rapist killer Mexicans immigrants?

Banning plastic straws?

Banning big gulps?

Making us pay higher fuel bills?

Making us pay more taxes?

I certainly agree that several of these should be considered extreme...not sure why Mac wouldn't. Sanctuary cities and free healthcare to illegals is a great example of off the charts crazy as it promotes open borders, which is unsustainable by all acounts if we wish to remain a soveriegn country. I am not sure why Democrats can't seem to understand this, unless they truly believe in one world government. Those of us who are Christians can see exactly there that leads.

Am I right or wrong?

when so-called conservatives are railing because they can't hang signs on their businesses saying "no blacks, no jews, no gays", in 2016, I don't think the party has anything it can do but run a salvage operation.

seriously, actual conservatives get left out in the cold with raving loons like that. better to let them go start their own party and re-build from there.

Oy vey this one still thinks liberals instructing conservatives on how to be conservative will work.

Am I right or wrong?

"they believe in individual liberty? What radical nut jobs! They are so anti-American believing in the whole concept of America and what-not"

their liberty stops at others' noses.

and no, I don't want to live in a world where I can't be served because some freak doesn't like jews.

You are doing your best to make everyone dislike Jews.

Am I right or wrong?

It’s pretty obvious Conservatism was a failure when faced with a ruthless enemy who didn’t respect fundamental decency. Conservatism simply folded.
Conservatism now promotes liberalism with a five or ten year delay.

The conservatives are hiding in a closet somewhere....They are all afraid of the big fat orange wolf....True Conservatives know trump is a charlatan....a fake....but they are frozen....They don't dare challenge.trump....UNLESS THEY ARE NO LONGER IN OFFICE...

Tea Party Conservatives like myself gave birth to Trump....

For too long we were fooled by rinos that never got anything done

other than pulling their britches down and bending over for the Tards...

The establishment of both parties have played us all...

Trump exposed the fact we had one party masquerading as two....

Trump has done more for Conservatives than any before him....

Trump is the first Warrior President for the Right in my lifetime......

After his example he won’t be the last.....

Thank God for President Trump.

It's amusing and predictable to watch the DEMs literally line up at the edge of a cliff getting ready to jump. Like lemmings.
They will push Biden off first.
Then each one in turn will jump or be pushed.
By election day they will have Peter Buttplug going against President Trump. THAT will be hilarious to watch on the debate stage.
alfred e neuman drawings - Google Search

Forum List

Back