🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Poll; Should Congresscritters Get Pay CUT During the Schumer Shutdown?

Should we cut the pay of Congresscritters during all government shutdowns?

• Yes

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • no show

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
All I can say is that the first politician with the smarts to jump on how the people REALLY feel about all this, instead of the usual pitting-sides-against-each-other bullshit that usually goes on, is going to get some incredible mileage out of this shutdown.

Now, lets not discuss whether these incompetent bastages should be paid at all.

IF they cant do their fucking jobs, why should they be paid for it?

Q. Should we cut the pay of members of Congress for not doing their job?

A. YES

We should cut their pay to zero since Midnight Friday, and demand they pay restitution to the American Taxpayers for all of their pay and the cost of their benefits since January 2017!

Also, the campaign donations they have received since the first of January, 2017 need to be accounted for, and paid to the US Treasury to alleviate the debt which the Tax Scam will add to the national debt. Who and how much need to be posted on line in large bold text.

Last edited:
All I can say is that the first politician with the smarts to jump on how the people REALLY feel about all this, instead of the usual pitting-sides-against-each-other bullshit that usually goes on, is going to get some incredible mileage out of this shutdown.

I expect nothing more than the usual deer in the headlights look. Maybe some batting eyes and six more months of alleged training where they have to figure out how to relate to the unwashed masses.....all the way to the bank.

I expect nothing more than the usual deer in the headlights look. Maybe some batting eyes and six more months of alleged training where they have to figure out how to relate to the unwashed masses.....all the way to the bank.

Yes, well, if Trump could harness and control his eternally flapping mouth, this is a golden opportunity for someone like him. All he has to do is resist the urge to get sucked into stupid little slapfights over "Your fault! No, YOUR fault!" and aim for the jugular. He's got a gift for convincing everyday people that he relates to them and thinks like them. He needs to channel that now. Not only would his faithful flock stampede over Congress right along with him, he'd draw a hefty chunk of everyone else right along with them.

In past shutdowns, when the government money machine is turned back on, people get back pay, even if they got to stay home and watch TV.

In past shutdowns, when the government money machine is turned back on, people get back pay, even if they got to stay home and watch TV.

Which does very little to help them NOW, when their bills are actually due.

And what about those people whose incomes depend on the government, but who do not directly work for the government? My current employer, for example, is a transcription company with a contract with the US Tax Courts to transcribe the work of their court reporters. Is anyone going to pay US back pay while we sit around, waiting for the Tax Courts to go back to work?

The truth is that the politicians, with their guaranteed pay and benefits, are holding everyday Americans hostage for nothing more than political posturing and inconsequential grandstanding. It is long past time we tell them to get the fuck over themselves, pull on their big-boy Underoos, and start doing something substantial and useful.

And what about those people whose incomes depend on the government, but who do not directly work for the government? My current employer, for example, is a transcription company with a contract with the US Tax Courts to transcribe the work of their court reporters. Is anyone going to pay US back pay while we sit around, waiting for the Tax Courts to go back to work?

The truth is that the politicians, with their guaranteed pay and benefits, are holding everyday Americans hostage for nothing more than political posturing and inconsequential grandstanding. It is long past time we tell them to get the fuck over themselves, pull on their big-boy Underoos, and start doing something substantial and useful.
Trump is trying, but the resistaunce is strong.

Trump is trying, but the resistaunce is strong.

The only thing Trump is trying, are the Patience of the voting public.

Only the Democrats.

And by the way, those standing against legalizing millions, who will bring in TENS OF MILLIONS more, ARE doing their job.

Schumer shut down.

Your fat assed Donnie " I want my Wall Whah WHah Whah Whah.
'
Fuck you people.

You own the White House & Congress & still can keep the government running.

All Because you have a crybaby ignorant Preaident

This is a Republican shut down.

Yes.

But why just the members of Congress?

Why not the President?

Seems right to me. The shutdown means that government employees are not being paid, and they're government employees, are they not? The exception to the shutdown is "essential employees", and if they can't keep the government funded and running, then they certainly aren't essential.

Even essential employees are not paid while on government shutdown, and I know this from experience.

So why should Congress be paid for FAILING to do their damned jobs?

Q. Should we cut the pay of members of Congress for not doing their job?

A. YES

We should cut their pay to zero since Midnight Friday, and demand they pay restitution to the American Taxpayers for all of their pay and the cost of their benefits since January 2017!

Also, the campaign donations they have received since the first of January, 2017 need to be accounted for, and paid to the US Treasury to alleviate the debt which the Tax Scam will add to the national debt. Who and how much need to be posted on line in large bold text.

You know Wry Catcher, sometimes you have your moments and get it exactly right.

This is one of those momments.

Congratulations, but dont let it go to your head. :)

I would prefer Congress takes a 1% cut in pay for every day they miss a prescribed due date for passing legislation.

I didn’t know Schumer was in power. Lol pathetic.

Talk to your freedom caucus

lol, no wonder you Regressives are such idiots; you cant tell the difference between getting something done vrs grandstanding bullshit.

they are getting something done. Trump is going to blink on this issue.

It shouldn't have come to this, we should have resolved this issue years ago.

Forum List

Back