Poll: Solid majority (71%) of Americans support Obama’s increase of the minimum wage

I have addressed the red herring issue of the immorality of minimum wage.

By avoiding it entirely. That is CRYSTAL clear, which makes you the immoral one here. Shame on you.

I pointed out how many countries have MW, so move to Somalia and enjoy a life without it!

Which makes it no less immoral. And thanks, yet again, for the over-the-top statement. Hyperbole...look it up. Nobody's talking about Somalia or anarchy, except you. You clearly have issues with rhetoric.

Next time we see an uneducated/unintelligent guy on the dole, a teenager unable to build a resume, or a MW worker loosing their job to technology, we'll have the likes of you to thank.

In your self assurance that you know what's best for everyone else, you're causing irreparable harm to our most vulnerable citizens. I cannot image how you could be so cruel.

You should take your own advice and stop thinking solely about yourself.

Last edited:
How could it not?

I run restaurants. I pay a competitive wage that is loosely established by the going rate of the locale I'm in. A diswasher makes $7 an hour...one step up the employee chain are prep cooks that make $9 an hour...one step up from them are line cooks that make $11 an hour.

So what do you think happens when I give that low end employee a "raise" to $9 an hour? It's a pretty simple concept! The prep cook isn't going to be happy making the same amount as the disher because they know they're more skilled than the disher so they're going to demand a raise to $11 an hour. Then the same thing happens with the line cooks being unhappy that they are making the same as a prep cook. So in order to maintain a balance in wages...I have to give EVERYONE a raise!

If you run a restaurant like you claim, let's do the math on your whole expense of doing business and what a minimum wage increase will add to the whole expense as a percentage!

Let's start by clarifying you only paying $7 instead of $7.25 for a dishwasher! Give us the figures on how many dishwashers you need and what it costs for electricity and all other costs of your business! Your business has a property value, so why own that business and not just collect the interest off the cost of the business? You have to pay for food, don't you? Let's see the full accounting of your business and stop hiding behind generalities.

If people made more money, do you think your restaurant would get more business? Most of your people are below minimum wage workers who make their money on tips.

LOL...the cost of EVERYTHING I purchase for that business would go up right along with the cost of my food. Or don't you understand that concept? If the guy who ships my produce has to increase the wage he pays the guy who packs it and puts it on a truck then that cost gets passed along to me. That's not hyperbole from me that's simply the way it WORKS. I really don't understand how progressives like you can understand so little about business yet are so ready to impose legislation on it.

You are obviously too dumb to own a business. If minimum wage increased 25%, your cost of doing business would not increase that amount and neither would other businesses. If wages continued to decrease in purchasing power, your business would eventually go bankrupt as people cut back on going to restaurants. If you've owned restarurants, you know there are times when business is slow and you still can only cut back on help so much. I've been around many restaurants, both fancy and plain, and been around plenty of the people who work there both on an after work. It's common for restaurant workers to get off work and socialize together at a late hour restaurant.

If you are a restaurant owner, you would want a very healthy economy where people aren't concerned about money, unless you own a very fancy restaurant where only the rich dine. Anyone who has been in that business knows that.

By avoiding it entirely. That is CRYSTAL clear, which makes you the immoral one here. Shame on you.

I pointed out how many countries have MW, so move to Somalia and enjoy a life without it!

Which makes it no less immoral. And thanks, yet again, for the over-the-top statement. Hyperbole...look it up. Nobody's talking about Somalia or anarchy, except you. You clearly have issues with rhetoric.

Next time we see an uneducated/unintelligent guy on the dole, a teenager unable to build a resume, or a MW worker loosing their job to technology, we'll have the likes of you to thank.

In your self assurance that you know what's best for everyone else, you're causing irreparable harm to our most vulnerable citizens. I cannot image how you could be so cruel.

There are plenty of necessary jobs in this world that don't require that much education and I respect the people who do those jobs. It doesn't take much education to stock the shelves of a store, but someone has to do it. If everybody was highly educated, someone would still have to stock the shelves. Your bullshit excuses for thinking you are better than someone else are meaningless to people like me. Even if you have an education, you speak like a worthless human being.

It's you fucking conservative Republicans who put people on the dole, so stop bitching about it! I know you don't give a fuck about anyone but yourself, so who do you think you are kidding?

:eusa_whistle:
You are obviously too dumb to own a business. If minimum wage increased 25%, your cost of doing business would not increase that amount and neither would other businesses. If wages continued to decrease in purchasing power, your business would eventually go bankrupt as people cut back on going to restaurants. If you've owned restarurants, you know there are times when business is slow and you still can only cut back on help so much. I've been around many restaurants, both fancy and plain, and been around plenty of the people who work there both on an after work. It's common for restaurant workers to get off work and socialize together at a late hour restaurant.

If you are a restaurant owner, you would want a very healthy economy where people aren't concerned about money, unless you own a very fancy restaurant where only the rich dine. Anyone who has been in that business knows that.

Repeating the same tired rant doesn't make it new and correct. You just drone on and on about "healthy economy" (which you define as one where labor is made artificially more expensive by raising the minimum wage) while failing to accept that raising the minimum wage will drive UP costs of everything while forcing a slow down in employment. That does NOT make for a healthy economy. That makes for a recession. You dismiss this as if it's irrelevant, but the FACTS are clear.

There are plenty of necessary jobs in this world that don't require that much education and I respect the people who do those jobs. It doesn't take much education to stock the shelves of a store, but someone has to do it. If everybody was highly educated, someone would still have to stock the shelves.

Still haven't address the immorality of preventing a man from working. Didn't expect you would. What you wrote has NOTHING to do with point at hand.

Your bullshit excuses for thinking you are better than someone else are meaningless to people like me.

Uh, I'm not the one telling a man what he must be willing to work for. That's on you.

Even if you have an education, you speak like a worthless human being.

Captain ad hominem strikes again.

It's you fucking conservative Republicans who put people on the dole, so stop bitching about it! I know you don't give a fuck about anyone but yourself, so who do you think you are kidding?

Uh, you see those words under my name that say "Classical Liberal"? That means I'm about as far from a "fucking conservative Republican" as you get. Geez, now you're failing at the ad hominems!

In any case, you can address the immorality of preventing good people from obtaining work or your continue to move the goalposts, to attack the messenger, and to make over-the-top statements that no one is suggesting. Your choice.

You really want me to respond to your dumbass post?

The one where I point out Wal-mart pays out over 5 $Billion in Taxes, and you're still bitching?

:eusa_hand:

The purpose of a debate is to either concede or refute the points made by the other party. No one is contesting what Walmart pays in taxes. The current point is that Walmart is a healthcare parasite. Deflection does not qualify as a valid refutation of that point. Try again.

Usually I assume a certain low level of intelligence among posters like yourself, however you've proven that I've undersetimated your particular stupidity;

You post that:
$1 billion= Cost to nation if public safety net use by Walmart associates in Massachusetts is adjusted nationwide

I post that
$5.3 billion = Taxes paid to nation

$5.3 B- 1 B =

$4.3 Billion, the amount Walmart pays in excess of what your blog cites "cost to nation."

Now I suppose I'll continue to spoon feed you:

The nation could easily pay for the "safety net" USING the TAX DOLLARS IT RECEIVES FROM WALMART.

or

Given a $1 Billion TAX CREDIT for the safety net WALMART COULD PAY FOR THE SAFETY NET ITSELF

To expect Wal-Mart to pay the TAX, and to pay for the safety net makes YOU the paracite.

1.jpg

If Walmart provided healthcare insurance it would cost far less than demanding that it's employees use expensive emergency room services. Furthermore Walmart would get a tax deduction for providing HC insurance. This would relieve regular taxpayers of a massive tax burden.

Why are profits more sacred than the health of hard working Americans?

Why must billionaires be worshiped while good honest people who are just trying to make ends meet are vilified as "takers"?

Why aren't the values that conservatives allegedly hold so dear actually practiced when it comes to ordinary people?

If Walmart provided healthcare insurance it would cost far less than demanding that it's employees use expensive emergency room services.

Walmart does provide healthcare insurance:

Wal Mart Health Insurance Review

Why are profits more sacred than the health of hard working Americans?

Because those hard working Americans are free to work for whomever they like. If a worker is not satisfied with the healthcare plan offered by WalMart, they're free to seek employment elsewhere. If Walmart's competitors offer superior benefits to their employees such that WalMart has trouble finding good employees, it will be in their interest to improve their benefit package. A decision driven by profits.

Why must billionaires be worshiped while good honest people who are just trying to make ends meet are vilified as "takers"?

That's called hyperbole. Using it not only defeats the purpose of your post, it makes you look silly.

Why aren't the values that conservatives allegedly hold so dear actually practiced when it comes to ordinary people

That makes no sense. Try again.

If Walmart provided healthcare insurance it would cost far less than demanding that it's employees use expensive emergency room services.

From your link;

More than one half of Walmart’s employees receive health care insurance

This thread is about minimum wage employees.

How many of those are in the lucky half that benefit from Walmart HC insurance?

From your link;

I do not know, but Walmart's benefits package is available to all full time employees, which includes MW workers. Either way, your implication that WalMart does not provide health insurance was incorrect.

It's also worth noting that 95% of WalMart employees (full or part time) have healthcare insurance. So your claim about "demanding their employees use expensive emergency room services" is also incorrect.

From your link;

I do not know, but Walmart's benefits package is available to all full time employees, which includes MW workers. Either way, your implication that WalMart does not provide health insurance was incorrect.

It's also worth noting that 95% of WalMart employees (full or part time) have healthcare insurance. So your claim about "demanding their employees use expensive emergency room services" is also incorrect.

Only the gullible unquestioningly believe everything that a corporation says about itself.

Repeating the same tired rant doesn't make it new and correct. You just drone on and on about "healthy economy" (which you define as one where labor is made artificially more expensive by raising the minimum wage) while failing to accept that raising the minimum wage will drive UP costs of everything while forcing a slow down in employment. That does NOT make for a healthy economy. That makes for a recession. You dismiss this as if it's irrelevant, but the FACTS are clear.

A healthy economy by definition wouldn't be one where someone works their ass off and can't have a decent living. If they can't have a decent living then all that money that would give them a decent living is not going to be spent in a business in that country. That means even the businesses are suffering and not near their potential profitability.

From your link;

Only the gullible unquestioningly believe everything that a corporation says about itself.

You believed believed that half of WalMart's employees have their healthcare plan, but when the figures don't support you're agenda, they're liars?

You've got some serious bias issues clouding your judgement there. Good luck with that.

Anyway, if you have evidence to the contrary, post it. Otherwise, your...let's call them misstatements...have been exposed. Deal with it.

There are plenty of necessary jobs in this world that don't require that much education and I respect the people who do those jobs. It doesn't take much education to stock the shelves of a store, but someone has to do it. If everybody was highly educated, someone would still have to stock the shelves.

Still haven't address the immorality of preventing a man from working. Didn't expect you would. What you wrote has NOTHING to do with point at hand.

Uh, I'm not the one telling a man what he must be willing to work for. That's on you.

Even if you have an education, you speak like a worthless human being.

Uh, you see those words under my name that say "Classical Liberal"? That means I'm about as far from a "fucking conservative Republican" as you get. Geez, now you're failing at the ad hominems!

In any case, you can address the immorality of preventing good people from obtaining work or your continue to move the goalposts, to attack the messenger, and to make over-the-top statements that no one is suggesting. Your choice.

You've been told there is no immorality, fool! That is addressing it.

Nothing immoral about preventing a good person from working and thereby forcing them on the dole. Got it.

Speaks VOLUMES about you.

And again with the ad hominem...how sad for you.

A healthy economy by definition wouldn't be one where someone works their ass off and can't have a decent living. If they can't have a decent living then all that money that would give them a decent living is not going to be spent in a business in that country. That means even the businesses are suffering and not near their potential profitability.

which person cannot achieve a "decent living" by working their ass off? answer: no one.

you are full of shit, dub. just as full of shit as you were on the other forums before they banned you for being an idiot.

BTW, I used a different user name on those other forums, you may remember me as Rocat or Ragin Cajun. I was the one that continually destroyed you and your idiot female buddy known as kudzu, sully, or oolie. :cool:

Last edited:

Nothing immoral about preventing a good person from working and thereby forcing them on the dole. Got it.

That assumes a society can exist without someone doing those jobs and that isn't possible.

You believed believed that half of WalMart's employees have their healthcare plan, but when the figures don't support you're agenda, they're liars?

You've got some serious bias issues clouding your judgement there. Good luck with that.

Anyway, if you have evidence to the contrary, post it. Otherwise, your...let's call them misstatements...have been exposed. Deal with it.

Quoting from your link does not equate to belief. I used it merely for convenience since you were relying upon it. There is always another side to the story.

Leaked document shows what Walmart really pays its workers ? MSNBC

Economist Julianne Malveaux said, “[Walmart] employees earn around $8 an hour. This is not a living wage, this is not a working wage, and especially not a living wage when they’re not working 30 hours a week, which would allow them to get health insurance.”

An economic policy brief [PDF] from NYU’s Brennan Center for Justice, cited by Ruetschlin, says that the average Walmart employee earns $19,226. The industry-wide average is $24,023.

http://brennan.3cdn.net/8ba7f4a1b9456459b2_a9m6bnxs1.pdf

Percent of employees covered by the employer's health insurance plan -- Estimated at 41% to 46%.
● In 2004, in the U.S. as a whole, 61% of employees received health insurance through their employer
● For all large firms, the figure was 68%.
● For all retail firms, the figure was 48%.

Employer spending on health benefits
In 2002, Wal-Mart spent an average of $3,500 on health benefits for each covered employee.
● In 2002, U.S. employers spent an average of $5,646 per covered employee on health benefits.
● The average for the wholesale/retail trade industry was $4,834.
● Costco, one of Wal-Mart's main competitors, spent nearly $5,735 per employee in 2004

❑ In a study of over 3,000 counties, researchers found that counties with more Wal-Mart stores had a larger increase (or a smaller reduction) in the poverty rate between 1987 and 1999 than did counties with fewer or no Wal-Mart stores

A study compared the tax revenue and the costs of public services associated with various types of development projects in Barnstable, Massachusetts.
It found that big-box retail developments cost more than the revenues they generated, producing an annual net loss of $468 per 1,000 square feet. While the city gained revenues through property and sales taxes, these were outweighed by expenditures including the costs of general government and public works.

That assumes a society can exist without someone doing those jobs and that isn't possible.

"those jobs" are currently being done by illegal aliens. the illegals are working and americans are on the govt dole--------I guess you think thats good for our country.

Last edited:

which person cannot achieve a "decent living" by working their ass off? answer: no one.

you are full of shit, dub. just as full of shit as you were on the other forums before they banned you for being an idiot.

BTW, I used a differend user name on those other forums, you may remember me as Rocat or Ragin Cajun. I was the one that continually destroyed you and your idiot female buddy known as kudzu, sully, or oolie. :cool:

You are full of shit. You live in a society that keeps 1 in 25 people unemployed and has minimum wages that would require around 3,500 hours per year to have a borderline decent life. You know someone has to do those jobs, but you insist that they can't have a decent life working full time and have to work like slaves.

Why don't you name the forum I was banned from, liar? A different name can't hide stupid.

BTW, I used a differend user name on those other forums, you may remember me as Rocat or Ragin Cajun. I was the one that continually destroyed you and your idiot female buddy known as kudzu, sully, or oolie. :cool:

You are full of shit. You live in a society that keeps 1 in 25 people unemployed and has minimum wages that would require around 3,500 hours per year to have a borderline decent life. You know someone has to do those jobs, but you insist that they can't have a decent life working full time and have to work like slaves.

Why don't you name the forum I was banned from, liar? A different name can't hide stupid.

AWE and political divide both banned you. don't play games with me, I am much smarter than you.

our unemployment rate is high because liberal policies have made it virtually impossible to start a new small business or to make a decent profit on a mid size business.

and if you have to work 3500 hours a year to achieve the standard of living that you want, do it. people have been working 2 jobs for years to get where they want to get.

if you are so unskilled and stupid that you can only get MW jobs then its not society's responsibility to buy you a house in the suburbs and two cars.

stop whining and make something of yourself, you make me sick with your crybaby bullshit.

Forum List

Back