Poll: Who has enforcement authority of the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution?

Who does the 14th specify as having the authority to enforce the 14th?

• Congress

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • The Maine SOS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A civil court judge in Colorado.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Have you ever read the fourteenth amendment because it doesn't say that. In fact it doesn't say anything about who has the authority two enforce it.
Yes I have, Moron, I posted the entire thing in the OP. perhaps you should read it and get educated for once, Dumbass.

Concentrate on Section 5.

1. Says who?

2. That's a different argument then the one you were just making which was that a criminal conviction for insurrection was the disqualifier. Congress doesn't have any role in criminal convictions, Simp.
1. The 14th Amendment.

2. Never said that, liar.

The fourteenth amendment does not specify who has the authority to enforce it. Nor does it specify that a criminal conviction is required. And it has been used to disqualify people in the past who were not convicted in a criminal court.

It's one of the most vague pieces of the constitution. But in my opinion since federal authority is not specified, It falls under the tenth amendment and gives the states the right to enforce it themselves.

The fourteenth amendment does not specify who has the authority to enforce it. Nor does it specify that a criminal conviction is required. And it has been used to disqualify people in the past who were not convicted in a criminal court.

It's one of the most vague pieces of the constitution. But in my opinion since federal authority is not specified, It falls under the tenth amendment and gives the states the right to enforce it themselves.
Your opinion means nothing, The 14th clearly states the one entity with enforcement power, stupid.

Yes there were. But that is Irrelevant.
Far from irrelevant. It was the act of Congress that found them to be insurrectionists.
The wording of the amendment itself is all that matters. The fourteenth amendment does not specify the act of congress or the president is required. Nor does it specify that only the federal government has the authority to enforce the fourteenth amendment. In fact there is no enforcement mechanism in the fourteenth amendment at all. Technically, it could be argued that enforcement of the fourteenth amendment falls under the tenth amendment, Because federal authority over the matter is not specified
??? What meaning do you give to section 5? The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Quote it.

Stop being a pussy.
I quoted it in the OP, Moron. Go read it and get educated.

I am 100% correct. There have been ZERO charges for insurrection, and as such ZERO juries finding anyone guilty of insurrection.

Next?

The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.
Don’t you just love Dimwinger idiots who show up with their talking point bullshit and don’t even bother to read the OP of a thread? They think they are experts on a topic they know nothing about.

I quoted it in the OP, Moron. Go read it and get educated.
I have. What other constitutional amendments need Congress to support them? That congress can is how you should read that, not that an amendment to the constitution needs further legislation. You're not even making a consistent argument for this amendment. You're cherry picking what you think Congress must enforce. For instance Section one starts off by saying all persons born or naturalized are citizens. Does congress need to naturalize every baby born themselves before they're recognized as citizens?
I am 100% correct. There have been ZERO charges for insurrection, and as such ZERO juries finding anyone guilty of insurrection.

Next?
That's a strawman. I never said any juries convicted him of insurrection. I said 8 judges so far have found that he engaged in insurrection and thus disqualified from being on the ballot or holding the office of President. That's also 100% correct. Bitch.

I bet this bitch Nostra doesn't come back for a while and hides their head in shame from my superior argument.

Do any of you other Bingos who think only Congress can enforce the 14th think your citizenship depends on a further act of Congress?

What about you Rawley? Was your birth right citizenship self enforcing per the 14th Amendment or did you need an act of Congress to affirm your legal status?

That congress can is how you should read that,
Sorry Dumbass, your opinion doesn't change the clear wording of the 14th.

You have to do all kinds of contortions and interpretations to get to where your handlers told you to be. I all have to do is read the plain text, Simp.

Sorry Dumbass, your opinion doesn't change the clear wording of the 14th.

You have to do all kinds of contortions and interpretations to get to where your handlers told you to be. I all have to do is read the plain text, Simp.
That doesn't address my question of your argument you cowardly Bingo. If you think the 14th needs congressional enforcement doesn't that also hold for birth right citizenship?

That doesn't address my question of your argument you cowardly Bingo. If you think the 14th needs congressional enforcement doesn't that also hold for birth right citizenship?
Wow! You really are stupid. Congress addressed that thru legislation, just as the 14th dictates in Section 5, Dummy.

(8 U.S.C. § 1401)

Next dumbass question?

Wow! You really are stupid. Congress addressed that thru legislation, just as the 14th dictates in Section 5, Dummy.

(8 U.S.C. § 1401)

Next dumbass question?
Linking to general immigration provisions doesn't at all address whether or not you think it takes an act of Congress to confer birth right citizenship or whether or not you believe that is self enforcing.

Linking to general immigration provisions doesn't at all address whether or not you think it takes an act of Congress to confer birth right citizenship or whether or not you believe that is self enforcing.
You got your answer, moron. Congress did exactly what the 14th dictates................they legislated the issue.

You lost, now sit down and STFU.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

You got your answer, moron. Congress did exactly what the 14th dictates................they legislated the issue.

You lost, now sit down and STFU.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Let's put it this way. Do you think they could legislatively deny someone birthright citizenship or do you believe the constitution over rules them?

Forum List

Back