Poll: Who has enforcement authority of the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution?

Who does the 14th specify as having the authority to enforce the 14th?

• Congress

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • The Maine SOS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A civil court judge in Colorado.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Let's put it this way. Do you think they could legislatively deny someone birthright citizenship or do you believe the constitution over rules them?
Let's put it this way..... I don't give a shit about your dumbass hypotheticals.

You have been schooled on the 14th. Now run along, Simp.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Let's put it this way..... I don't give a shit about your dumbass hypotheticals.

You have been schooled on the 14th. Now run along, Simp.

:dance: :dance: :dance:
They aren't hypotheticals, they're questions about your argument and you can't answer them which is why you're dancing instead. :dunno:

They aren't hypotheticals, they're questions about your argument and you can't answer them which is why you're dancing instead. :dunno:
He’s the guy that does a touchdown dance on the losing end of of a 50-7 score!

Yes, it is a hypothetical because I never said a thing about birthright citizenship, Dumbass. :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Section 5 confirms that the US Constitution is null and void, when the question of the law needs to be decided by the congress.

It instructs congress to decide the law and section 5 will be meaningless until that happens.

As with the completely ineffective impeachment process, it carries no weight in law until the question is answered by politicians.
FYI you crazy Canadian Congress is the only authority for the 14th amendment.

The 14th does you dumbass. You quoted it in your OP, dipshit.
This thread has nothing to do with birthright citizenship, Dumbass. It's about banning Trump from ballots.

However, I already addressed how Congress followed the 14th by legislating laws regarding birthright citizenship. You just don't like the fact you are getting your ass kicked.

This thread has nothing to do with birthright citizenship, Dumbass. It's about banning Trump from ballots.
Your argument has to do with the 14th Amendment though doesn't it? And the 14th includes birthright citizenship yes?
However, I already addressed how Congress followed the 14th by legislating laws regarding birthright citizenship. You just don't like the fact you are getting your ass kicked.
They wrote federal codes to address how they comply with the constitution. You don't have birth right citizenship because of congress, you have it because of the constitution.

Your argument has to do with the 14th Amendment though doesn't it? And the 14th includes birthright citizenship yes?

They wrote federal codes to address how they comply with the constitution. You don't have birth right citizenship because of congress, you have it because of the constitution.
Cool story. Don't care.

You have anything on topic? Oh yeah, all your on topic posts got shoved up your ass so you are off on a tangent.

Have fun.

The fact that they were removed without criminal charges means criminal charges were not required. That's how legal precedent works. The President gave a blanket pardon against charges arising from the rebellion but former confederates were still barred from holding federal offices.

Not exactly. The amnesty act of 1872 removed the restrictions.

Confederates from the civil war, many of them, were eligible to hold office.

Cool story. Don't care.

You have anything on topic? Oh yeah, all your on topic posts got shoved up your ass so you are off on a tangent.

Have fun.
I'm right here waiting for you to be brave enough and consistent enough in your argument to tell me whether or not you think birth right citizenship comes from congress or the 14th Amendment.

There seems to be some confusion on this, so I will post the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution in it's entirety so all can read from beginning to end to find the answer. I will include a link so I can't be accused of altering the text.

Fourteenth Amendment​

Fourteenth Amendment Explained

Section 1​

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2​

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4​

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5​

The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

I’ve said this on other subjects. But it bears repeating. Again.

You guys need to learn what the laws say. Not what you think they say. Not what you think they should say. But what they actually say.

Every state has different laws on elections. Some, like Michigan, leave it strictly up to the Political Parties to propose a candidate and determine the eligibility. Michigan for example. If the Party put a person on the ballot who was not a Natural Born Citizen, that person could not be removed by anyone. They could win the State. Even though they are ineligible to serve in the office.

Other States have a law that requires the Secretary of State to determine Eligibility. Colorado and Maine fall into this category. Some of the precedent setting cases for this took place in Colorado. Neil Gorsuch was an appeals court Judge and ruled that it was in the States interest to remove an ineligible candidate from the ballot.

The Constitution of the United States charges the State Legislatures to determine the time and places of elections. The States also get to determine eligibility for voters. As an example some States allow Convicted Felons who have served their sentence to vote. Others do not.

Each State has different laws. And you guys need to realize that the bigger question is one you need to consider. Are you trying to nominate an individual who is ineligible?

I'm right here waiting for you to be brave enough and consistent enough in your argument to tell me whether or not you think birth right citizenship comes from congress or the 14th Amendment.
You should start a thread on that topic, Simp.

Forum List

Back