🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pop Warner Football participation shrinking.

I'm still waiting to see what Pop Warner football does that prepares 10 year olds for when the shit hits the fan.

I refuse to place my children into a dangerous game.

Life is dangerous.

I have to agree with the parents that will not allow their kids to play football. My sons both played Pop Warner football, but that was 20 years ago. The medical information concerning head injuries, especially for linemen, is horrific.

Other than boxing, there is not another sport that requires constant and repeated impact to the head the way football does for linemen.

Screwing up your knee will cause you problems. Head injuries are a much worse scenario.

I agree the risk vs reward is very high. Can probably do just as well playing Soccer,Baseball or Basketball.

Enrollment In Youth Football Drops Nearly 10 Percent | ThinkProgress

Enrollment In Youth Football Drops Nearly 10 Percent

After reaching a record high in 2010, participation in Pop Warner, America’s largest youth football organization, dropped by 9.5 percent over the next two years, ESPN’s Mark Fanairu-Wada and Steve Fanairu reported Wednesday. Enrollment in Pop Warner, which reached nearly 250,000 members in 2010, dropped to just over 225,000 a year ago, according to numbers that hadn’t been previously disclosed.
In total, youth football participation has dropped by 6.7 percent, from 3 million to 2.8 million, according to USA Football, which oversees youth football across the country. The National Sporting Goods Federation says that number may even larger: it found earlier this year that football participation has dropped 11 percent since 2011.
=====================================================

Good. It's a game for knucklewalkers and bros. The bullying we see in Miami from that racist buffoon Incognito comes from the doltish culture that American football has created. I'm glad it's dying, and it will be as relevant as boxing one day.

I hope Americans will continue to take up soccer, which is a much more refined, civil and safe sport to play.

Actually they are finding concussion issues in soccer due to the use of the head for playing the ball.

And fail trolling by calling it soccer instead of football, or association football. if you actually liked the sport, you would know that.

After reaching a record high in 2010, participation in Pop Warner, America’s largest youth football organization, dropped by 9.5 percent over the next two years, ESPN’s Mark Fanairu-Wada and Steve Fanairu reported Wednesday. Enrollment in Pop Warner, which reached nearly 250,000 members in 2010, dropped to just over 225,000 a year ago, according to numbers that hadn’t been previously disclosed.
In total, youth football participation has dropped by 6.7 percent, from 3 million to 2.8 million, according to USA Football, which oversees youth football across the country. The National Sporting Goods Federation says that number may even larger: it found earlier this year that football participation has dropped 11 percent since 2011.

Good. It's a game for knucklewalkers and bros. The bullying we see in Miami from that racist buffoon Incognito comes from the doltish culture that American football has created. I'm glad it's dying, and it will be as relevant as boxing one day.

I hope Americans will continue to take up soccer, which is a much more refined, civil and safe sport to play.

Actually they are finding concussion issues in soccer due to the use of the head for playing the ball.

And fail trolling by calling it soccer instead of football, or association football. if you actually liked the sport, you would know that.

Since the topic is about an American sport, calling it soccer to differentiate between the two sports is perfectly fine.

If you want to call my posts "trolling", you might want to look up the definition of the word in this context.

Since the topic is about an American sport, calling it soccer to differentiate between the two sports is perfectly fine.

If you want to call my posts "trolling", you might want to look up the definition of the word in this context.

Did someone forget to log into the proper account prior to posting?

I smell me a sockpuppet.

I smell me a sockpuppet.

I don't care what you think you smell. Trying to divert the topic this way is laughable.

I have one account on this forum, and I have been consistent in my views.

But if you are trying to troll, you are doing a sad job of it.

I smell me a sockpuppet.

I don't care what you think you smell. Trying to divert the topic this way is laughable.

Then why are you responding to my comments on Velveeta's post like they are your own?

I smell me a sockpuppet.

Then why are you responding to my comments on Velveeta's post like they are your own?

Because this is a public discussion on an open forum. And since I also used the term "soccer", your post applied to me as well.

If you want a private one-on-one conversation, you should send private messages.

Because this is a public discussion on an open forum. And since I also used the term "soccer", your post applied to me as well.

If you want a private one-on-one conversation, you should send private messages.

Keep trying to spin it Mr. Sockpuppet.

You came on and spouted nonsense. When someone called you on it, rather than discuss the point, you try and divert the topic. And I am trying to spin it? lol

Come back when you have an actual point to make about the topic. Until then you are just another troll trying to sound like you know something.

You came on and spouted nonsense. When someone called you on it, rather than discuss the point, you try and divert the topic. And I am trying to spin it? lol

Come back when you have an actual point to make about the topic. Until then you are just another troll trying to sound like you know something.

The issues with association football and head injuries is a growing concern, same with american football. It is more so due to thier unprotected state, and the fact they use thier head far more often in gameplay.

Even if 10% of people or 30% of people keep thier kids out of pee-wee football it is still one of the few ways less academically talented Ginormous people can make a solid, even lucrative living.

Life is dangerous.

I have to agree with the parents that will not allow their kids to play football. My sons both played Pop Warner football, but that was 20 years ago. The medical information concerning head injuries, especially for linemen, is horrific.

Other than boxing, there is not another sport that requires constant and repeated impact to the head the way football does for linemen.

Screwing up your knee will cause you problems. Head injuries are a much worse scenario.

I played football from 5 to 17. I have had crushed vertebrates in my neck and back. I suffer from the weight lifting from that sport also. I wanted my kids to life healthier longer than I. I am 52 with the spine of an 80 year old.My kids learned Tia Kwan Do.

This is a fair discussion. I also am living with some serious spinal sports injuries. At 64 they have finally caught up with me. Mountain climbing and competitive kayaking. There is no one around to tell you and your best friend that racing down mountains after a two or three day climb with heavy(120-200 lb) packs leaping for miles across the tops of boulders to expedite a dessent will compress the spine.

One would think that kayaking in the ocean and surfing in those solid little seats and getting caught on very large waves catching the back end of the boat on the beach and doing end over end back flips when the pointy end catches in the sand should be avoided. The jarring and impact of smashing into river boulders is hard to describe. It looks harmless enough from the river shore but trust me... those big rocks do not move when silly humans run into them.

I'm lucky I can walk at all.

Young men have ALWAYS pushed..challenged ... dared themselves to do dangerous things. There will be casualties.

I think you can blame the growing lack of participation in sports that actually challenge the endurance and bullit proofness of the human body on video games. :lol:

"virtual" tough guys take less time to recover from combat. :lol:

I don't disagree with what everyone is saying about sports being dangerous, however, how many of us know donuts are bad for us and still eat donuts. How many know cigarettes are bad for you and you still smoke. How many of us drink alcohol, smoke pot or eat potato chips.

Would any of us had lived our lives differently had we been told how much this or that sport could hurt you years down the line?

When I was young, I was invincible.

Bret Favre comes out and tells us he is having short term memory loss. Did that come from football? Drinking?

Back in the 50's they had boxers that they said were punch drunk. Foreman and Ali didn't give up the sport, they knew the dangers.

Football players today know the risks of play, yet they are young and they are invincible. He won't happen to them.

Neal Walk, a basketball player was in a wheelchair a few short years after his retirement, Bill Walton had to know the dangers, Kobe and LeBron know that artificial knees and hips are in their future, it doesn't stop them.

Pop Warner only down 10% with all that is known about young kids playing football! we knew the dangers in the 70's how high impact sports like football were dangerous.

Maybe it is something as simple as families and communities tightening thier belts over the last few years. I would be curious to see what the cost outlay for youth football compares to other sports such as soccor, basketball and baseball. I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts the insurance for football is a lot higher.

Forum List

Back