🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pope Francis' stern lecture to Roman Curia

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Pope Francis gets tough with his Curia .. "Spiritual Alzheimers". Good for him.

apos Spiritual Alzheimer apos s apos Pope Francis apos stern lecture to Roman Curia - LA Times

Pope Francis on Monday launched a stunning attack on the cardinals, bishops and priests who run the Vatican, accusing them of succumbing to greed, jealousy, hypocrisy, cowardice and “spiritual Alzheimer's.”

In a pre-Christmas speech to the officials of the Roman Curia, Francis kept the season’s greeting to a minimum, choosing instead to ask prelates to make “a real examination of conscience.”

Pope Francis gets tough with his Curia .. "Spiritual Alzheimers". Good for him.

apos Spiritual Alzheimer apos s apos Pope Francis apos stern lecture to Roman Curia - LA Times

Pope Francis on Monday launched a stunning attack on the cardinals, bishops and priests who run the Vatican, accusing them of succumbing to greed, jealousy, hypocrisy, cowardice and “spiritual Alzheimer's.”

In a pre-Christmas speech to the officials of the Roman Curia, Francis kept the season’s greeting to a minimum, choosing instead to ask prelates to make “a real examination of conscience.”

Fabulous!

Reminds me of Jesus' stern words towards Peter, and to the other apostles on other occasions.

Sounds like he has no support in the Vatican and he's getting desperate.

There was an excellent episode of Frontline from earlier this year about the inner workings of the Vatican. It's about how, in part, there is so much corruption and hypocrisy at the highest levels of the church and how the curia and cardinals are essentially uncontrolled by the pope at this point.

Secrets of the Vatican FRONTLINE PBS

Short of purging the church leadership, I'm not sure just how the pope can change things.

enabling their book for its purpose is the only spiritual remedy for their ailment.

There was an excellent episode of Frontline from earlier this year about the inner workings of the Vatican. It's about how, in part, there is so much corruption and hypocrisy at the highest levels of the church and how the curia and cardinals are essentially uncontrolled by the pope at this point.

Secrets of the Vatican FRONTLINE PBS

Short of purging the church leadership, I'm not sure just how the pope can change things.
Whenever I hear that quaint little theme song for Frontline, I feel a peaceful glow, because I know I'm about to learn something cool!

I love that show

Forum List

Back