Pope Says Trump Not A Christian

He said the wealthy were very likely on the fast track to Hell.
but he never said the government should take their money, did he?
Oh but he did. Because he said where you mind is, there your heart is also. Pick God or pick money, one leads to heaven, and one to Hell. Any Christian who is focused on money, isn't a Christian at all.

Matthew 6:
Treasures in Heaven
19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;…
That was actually a plagiarism of King Solomon who said not to leave too much wealth behind because your children may not use it wisely.
I'm too lazy at the moment to get the verse.
How about:

Luke 12:
Do Not Worry

33"Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys. 34"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

How is that relevant to government policy?
No Christian should give a damn what the tax bill is. And when the country acts like the Christ, they should have no complaints.

You have a lot to learn, grasshopper
Nope, but nice projection. I know what Jesus said, according to the Gospels, and you'd reject most of it.

Where did Jesus say the government should expropriate the property of the wealthy?
Oh but he did. Because he said where you mind is, there your heart is also. Pick God or pick money, one leads to heaven, and one to Hell. Any Christian who is focused on money, isn't a Christian at all.

Matthew 6:
Treasures in Heaven
19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;…
I think you're having trouble knowing what those really mean...
He was not Robin Hood as you think... Spreading the wealth is a meaningless act, equally foolish...

Forgotten verses of amazing grace...
5. Yes, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

6. The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who called me here below,
Will be for ever mine.

The Marxist has spoken!
God was the original Marxist...
Well, not God, at least not the God of the Bible, but Jesus is sure a pinko...

Really? Jesus said "give unto Caesar what is Caesar's."

That doesn't sound like a pinko to me.

If I recall, the Bible also says, "If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat." It's also pretty clear that it is our Christian duty to take care of our family and the members of our household, not every lice-ridden freeloader sleeping in the damned park.

Nope, but nice projection. I know what Jesus said, according to the Gospels, and you'd reject most of it.

Where did Jesus say the government should expropriate the property of the wealthy?

Matthew 6:
Treasures in Heaven
He was not Robin Hood as you think... Spreading the wealth is a meaningless act, equally foolish...

A life of joy and peace.

Will be for ever mine.
Try sticking with the Bible eh?

Matthew 6:
Treasures in Heaven
That was actually a plagiarism of King Solomon who said not to leave too much wealth behind because your children may not use it wisely.
How about:

Luke 12:
Do Not Worry

33"Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys. 34"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

No Christian should give a damn what the tax bill is. And when the country acts like the Christ, they should have no complaints.

You still haven't explained what kind of government Jesus supported.

Matthew 6:
Treasures in Heaven
How about:

Luke 12:
Do Not Worry

Taxation with no representation that's what this federal government does... Actions of the federal government are very un-Christ like...
Lol

Dollars to donuts, this statement damages Francis a lot more than it bothers Trump.

I bet you're wrong. Donny Boy has a thin skin.

Bah, he handled it perfectly. Pope looked like a hypocrite on the nightly news, both national and local here. Pictures of the walls around Vatican City while the quote of "building walls un-Christian" was played.

Local news even managed to reported that much of the Biblical book of Nehemiah is devoted to the rebuilding of the walls around Jerusalem.

Be serious. Is there anything he could have done that would NOT have been "handling it perfectly" in your eyes?

He's not far wrong when he says he could shoot someone and his worshipers would still follow him. And if I were them, I wouldn't be proud of that.

Matthew 6:
Treasures in Heaven

A life of joy and peace.

Will be for ever mine.
Everything here is meaningless in the grand scheme of things

The Marxist has spoken!
God was the original Marxist...
Well, not God, at least not the God of the Bible, but Jesus is sure a pinko...

Really? Jesus said "give unto Caesar what is Caesar's."

That doesn't sound like a pinko to me.

If I recall, the Bible also says, "If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat." It's also pretty clear that it is our Christian duty to take care of our family and the members of our household, not every lice-ridden freeloader sleeping in the damned park.
Paul said that, not Jesus, and Paul never met Jesus.

Matthew 14:

18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 21 The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.

Matthew 6:
Treasures in Heaven

A life of joy and peace.

Will be for ever mine.
Everything is meaningless period.

Matthew 6:
Treasures in Heaven

A life of joy and peace.

Will be for ever mine.

Star Wars?

Nope. Jesus was a Commie, to your kind.

He said to render unto Caesar what was Caesar's, in answer to a question of whether one should pay one's taxes.

Matthew 6:
Treasures in Heaven

A life of joy and peace.

Will be for ever mine.

Star Wars?
Existentialism...

Matthew 6:
Treasures in Heaven
How about:

Luke 12:
Do Not Worry

You still haven't explained what kind of government Jesus supported.
Why would Jesus care what kind of government existed? Oh right, he didn't. Not fighting Rome is why most Jews rejected his messiah nonsense.

He said to render unto Caesar what was Caesar's, in answer to a question of whether one should pay one's taxes.
The Emperor has no clothes...

If the Pope is going to call out specific people for not being Christian, then he needs to be asked whether or not specific people are Christian. What would he say about Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry in view of their support of Planned Parenthood? The Pope stepped in it. I cannot remember any Pope calling a specific person NOT Christian.

Further, the Pope was calling out Trump for keeping illegals out of his autonomous country. Interesting, he did not call the Mexicans out for the same thing. If you are Guatemalan or Salvadoran, you look at the Pope wagging his finger at Trump for what Mexico does on a daily basis.

Forum List

Back