Popeyes manager fired for refusing to pay back $400 taken in armed robbery

I noticed that too, that people here are trying to say the robber studied the place and noticed that deposits weren't being made. They just aren't like that. They're impulsive, unthinking animals and this one just got lucky.

:lol: Most robbers get away with multiple hits before they get caught and they usually get caught because they get careless. They forget how careful they were at first and it seems easy. Notice in these pics there were no or few customers at the moment he made his move? He cased the job and knew when to start the robbery....he's done it before.

Bullshit. I've never committed a crime in my life, but if I were to rob a place, even I would understand basic concepts such as wearing a mask and waiting for a lull in business. I think you guys give this robber way too much credit. They're not all that smart.

And how does he know how much is in the drawer? He has X-ray vision?

Pop, you just broke a major clue in the investigation --- Superman did it!

Are you really THAT ignorant?

Never mind, the answer is obvious.

That's all you got?
Can you walk into a Popeye's right now and tell me how much is in their drawer? From the outside?

Depends on the Popeyes. In some casesi could come close. These transactions after all are NOT DONE BEHIND A STEEL CURTAIN. it doesn't take a ROCKET SCIENTIST to see the number of customers, the method of payment and the size of the order. (See, I RAN A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT and was SCHOOLED in SECURITY, including HOW THIEVES CASED US!)

Good Lord, get a clue!!!!

So now your claim is that the robber was sitting in the lobby, the only place where he can see all this from, for hours on end to see how many customers paid cash. Funny how I didn't see any of this in the article.

Where did I say that?

Good god, rocket science again?

So you're on a flight of fancy that has nothing to do with this story? Which is it?

He has eyes?????

That's all you got?
Can you walk into a Popeye's right now and tell me how much is in their drawer? From the outside?

Depends on the Popeyes. In some casesi could come close. These transactions after all are NOT DONE BEHIND A STEEL CURTAIN. it doesn't take a ROCKET SCIENTIST to see the number of customers, the method of payment and the size of the order. (See, I RAN A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT and was SCHOOLED in SECURITY, including HOW THIEVES CASED US!)

So the fact remains, that would be a "no". You have no idea how much is in there, and "a lot" is not an acceptable answer. Go to the bank and try to make a withdrawal and write "a lot" under Amount.

The fact remains, the drawer, from the outside, gives no clue whether it's packed or not. And therefore it's not the "incentive to rob the place" the blame-the-victim-forgive-the-thug crowd so desperately want it to be. It just isn't.

Now if your point is that a busy store will tend to have more in the till -- well no shit Sherlock. Even the thug figured that out.

You dug a hole so deep you can't get out!

Got it

That's all you got?

So now your claim is that the robber was sitting in the lobby, the only place where he can see all this from, for hours on end to see how many customers paid cash. Funny how I didn't see any of this in the article.

Where did I say that?

So you're on a flight of fancy that has nothing to do with this story? Which is it?

Prozac kickin in our what?

Popeye's has always had an interesting history. It was started, and then sold, by Copeland, who bribed a judge in New Orleans to reduce his child support payments.(The judge was convicted. Copeland got off) He named it "Popeye's", and the stores originally had a cartoon motif decorating scheme. When the people who owned the Popeye trademark sued him, he claimed it was named after a character in the movie, "The French Connection". Copeland later got into a feud with Ann Rice about putting a restaurant in the New Orleans historical Garden District with neon signs all over it. His neighbors took him to court when, every Christmas, he turned his front yard into a carnival of lights, that resulted in traffic backed up for miles with people who drove through the neighborhood to see them. His kids eventually grew up, and he was able to stop paying child support, which made him happy, so he bought the largest yacht in Lake Pontchartrain, to celebrate.

I'm sure that the owner will show compassion in the end. Maybe he will give her a 20% discount on a family bucket of chicken when the baby is born.

Corporate slapped the owner around and now he is begging her to come back with $2000 in back wages

And I bet that $2k comes with an insurance company-style rider where she has to agree not to sue them. IOW a corporate bribe.

I wouldn't be surprised

Popeyes is trying to make this embarassment go away

Popeye's has always had an interesting history. It was started, and then sold, by Copeland, who bribed a judge in New Orleans to reduce his child support payments.(The judge was convicted. Copeland got off) He named it "Popeye's", and the stores originally had a cartoon motif decorating scheme. When the people who owned the Popeye trademark sued him, he claimed it was named after a character in the movie, "The French Connection". Copeland later got into a feud with Ann Rice about putting a restaurant in the New Orleans historical Garden District with neon signs all over it. His neighbors took him to court when, every Christmas, he turned his front yard into a carnival of lights, that resulted in traffic backed up for miles with people who drove through the neighborhood to see them. His kids eventually grew up, and he was able to stop paying child support, which made him happy, so he bought the largest yacht in Lake Pontchartrain, to celebrate.

And their chicken sucks. It's dry and nasty and doesn't have the spice signature of Chic Fil A or KFC.

That's all you got?

Where did I say that?

Prozac kickin in our what?

I guess I stumped you, huh?

Bullshit. I've never committed a crime in my life, but if I were to rob a place, even I would understand basic concepts such as wearing a mask and waiting for a lull in business. I think you guys give this robber way too much credit. They're not all that smart.

"Bullshit"? You've never committed a crime yet somehow know what's involved in a robbery and know how smart the guy is? You don't know shit so don't pretend you do.

Nope. She is not liable financially. But she is open for firing for not performing her duty.

I didn't say she WAS. I said she SHOULD BE.

Then again I'm the guy who, if I owned a conversation store would make competence with a shotgun (and preferably a handgun as well) a criteria for hiring g employees. Store policies would include..... Any robber or attempted robber who leaves the property other than in a body bag will be grounds for termination of some or all employees on duty at that time.

"Bullshit"? You've never committed a crime yet somehow know what's involved in a robbery and know how smart the guy is? You don't know shit so don't pretend you do.

Dumbass, you're the one claiming this guy is an experienced robber for knowing things even a first time robber would know. Feel stupid now. You earned it.

I'm sure that the owner will show compassion in the end. Maybe he will give her a 20% discount on a family bucket of chicken when the baby is born.

Corporate slapped the owner around and now he is begging her to come back with $2000 in back wages

And I bet that $2k comes with an insurance company-style rider where she has to agree not to sue them. IOW a corporate bribe.

Its called a settlement.

That's a weak assed reason to fire someone. If there truly was a rush going on they are hustling to get the food out. This franchisee is going to be in for a long ride I feel. And they deserve it.

Also, they very likely did not hire enough help to cover busy periods in order to save money and then blame everything on this poor lady, where the company has it both ways.

I wouldn't be surprised

Popeyes is trying to make this embarassment go away

It's more than that, I think. They probably broke the law by demanding to be compensated for the robbery. There's federal laws in place that prohibit employers from setting up de facto slavery by requiring employees compensate them for this and that until they aren't really making any kind of wages at all. Corporate lawyers probably sounded the alarm which explains the urgency by which they offered a generous rehiring of the employee. This might be the case of a franchise owner stepping on his dick because he didn't consult the legal department before acting.

That's all you got?

So the fact remains, that would be a "no". You have no idea how much is in there, and "a lot" is not an acceptable answer. Go to the bank and try to make a withdrawal and write "a lot" under Amount.

The fact remains, the drawer, from the outside, gives no clue whether it's packed or not. And therefore it's not the "incentive to rob the place" the blame-the-victim-forgive-the-thug crowd so desperately want it to be. It just isn't.

Now if your point is that a busy store will tend to have more in the till -- well no shit Sherlock. Even the thug figured that out.

You dug a hole so deep you can't get out!

Got it

Which one of us can't answer the question?

Get it?

Dumbass, you're the one claiming this guy is an experienced robber for knowing things even a first time robber would know. Feel stupid now. You earned it.

:badgrin: Has he been caught, boy? Nope....You suburban pencil-dicks think you know about things because you saw it on TV. I'm born and raised in Detroit...spent my youth as a street hoodlum...the same skills the US Army liked me for and refined. When I got home from the RVN I found out a transmission shop had swindled my mother out of $400. They thought they were home free....I went in and took their cash drawer and the owner's watch and rings for good measure. Never got caught because I did it right. There, now you've got a first hand experience with a criminal....

Its called a settlement.

A settlement would be a negotiated deal between two parties already in or going to Court. What I mean is more like a Covenant Not to Sue.

Just speculation on my part but dangling money always gives the opportunity for such a Covenant, and is typically offered by a party who fears much higher losses in a lawsuit.

The fact remains, the drawer, from the outside, gives no clue whether it's packed or not.

So...maybe the robber was TOLD it was packed?

Yyyyeah, maybe he was her "boyfriend" too. Hey, maybe O'bama set it up, sending the thug a message via teleprompter.

::scrape:: ::scrape:: ::scrape::

Forum List

Back