Popeyes manager fired for refusing to pay back $400 taken in armed robbery

Depends on the Popeyes. In some casesi could come close. These transactions after all are NOT DONE BEHIND A STEEL CURTAIN. it doesn't take a ROCKET SCIENTIST to see the number of customers, the method of payment and the size of the order. (See, I RAN A FAST FOOD RESTAURANT and was SCHOOLED in SECURITY, including HOW THIEVES CASED US!)

Good Lord, get a clue!!!!

So now your claim is that the robber was sitting in the lobby, the only place where he can see all this from, for hours on end to see how many customers paid cash. Funny how I didn't see any of this in the article.

Where did I say that?

Good god, rocket science again?

So you're on a flight of fancy that has nothing to do with this story? Which is it?

Prozac kickin in our what?

I guess I stumped you, huh?

Lol, just for giggles I'll give you a simple assignment. K?

Sit outside a fast food joint. Park near the drivethru window and listen as the employee tells the customer how much is owed. Watch for method of payment.

Now the part that will be difficult for you......

ADD

Look through the window and estimate the number of customers......

For you I'll allow you to use a calculator for the next part.....

MULTIPLY

now, get your head out of that Prozac fog and THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Dumbass, you're the one claiming this guy is an experienced robber for knowing things even a first time robber would know. Feel stupid now. You earned it.

:badgrin: Has he been caught, boy? Nope....You suburban pencil-dicks think you know about things because you saw it on TV. I'm born and raised in Detroit...spent my youth as a street hoodlum...the same skills the US Army liked me for and refined. When I got home from the RVN I found out a transmission shop had swindled my mother out of $400. They thought they were home free....I went in and took their cash drawer and the owner's watch and rings for good measure. Never got caught because I did it right. There, now you've got a first hand experience with a criminal....

Good job posting all about it. You know I've seen plenty of documentaries where the cops caught somebody because they thought they were too smart. Here you are admitting to armed robbery, and your post will likely not go unnoticed.

Dumbass.

So now your claim is that the robber was sitting in the lobby, the only place where he can see all this from, for hours on end to see how many customers paid cash. Funny how I didn't see any of this in the article.

Where did I say that?

So you're on a flight of fancy that has nothing to do with this story? Which is it?

Sit outside a fast food joint. Park near the drivethru window and listen as the employee tells the customer how much is owed. Watch for method of payment.

ADD

MULTIPLY

You have no evidence any of this happened. You forgot all about surveillance cameras, didn't you? You're flight of theory has nothing to do with this story, so stuff it.

Where did I say that?

ADD

MULTIPLY

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, armed robbery of a fast food joint is not an impulsive act of thuggery but a complex mathematical formula involving painstaking research, a Texas Instruments calculator, and no doubt the Googles. I'm sure there's by now a smartphone app that can look into a cash drawer and spit out a number. It's like playing the stock market.

:cuckoo:

She was a shift manager, it was her responsibility to keep the registers below a certain money amount just because of a threat of robbery. Unlike you, I've done this very job, and when a general manager or owner came in, if the drawers were over, I would get a write up for not doing my job correctly.

$400 is not a lot of money. If it had been quite a bit more like $600 and a clear-cut violation of rules, they would have had a better case for a firing.

What was the limit of cash they were suppose to have in the registers and how much was she over that in previous violations? Were they all just petty violations?

Good job posting all about it. You know I've seen plenty of documentaries where the cops caught somebody because they thought they were too smart. Here you are admitting to armed robbery, and your post will likely not go unnoticed.

Dumbass.

:badgrin: Ever heard of statute of limitations, bird brain? Even the dumbest fucking criminal has so where does that leave you?

She was a shift manager, it was her responsibility to keep the registers below a certain money amount just because of a threat of robbery. Unlike you, I've done this very job, and when a general manager or owner came in, if the drawers were over, I would get a write up for not doing my job correctly.

$400 is not a lot of money. If it had been quite a bit more like $600 and a clear-cut violation of rules, they would have had a better case for a firing.

What was the limit of cash they were suppose to have in the registers and how much was she over that in previous violations? Were they all just petty violations?

Obviously they were petty enough that she still had the job. As far as the threshold amount, they never did say that AFAIK. For that matter I'm not convinced they didn't make up the whole 'had a history' song and dance to cover their own assets. That's why I say "consider the source".

I'm sure that the owner will show compassion in the end. Maybe he will give her a 20% discount on a family bucket of chicken when the baby is born.

Corporate slapped the owner around and now he is begging her to come back with $2000 in back wages

And I bet that $2k comes with an insurance company-style rider where she has to agree not to sue them. IOW a corporate bribe.

Its called a settlement.

A settlement would be a negotiated deal between two parties already in or going to Court. What I mean is more like a Covenant Not to Sue.

Just speculation on my part but dangling money always gives the opportunity for such a Covenant, and is typically offered by a party who fears much higher losses in a lawsuit.

That makes sense though considering that there really is no reason to give her money and rehire her if there was no law broken. She was rightfully terminated if she was not dropping the money as she was instructed to do, caught not doing it before and now getting that money taken by a robber because she still failed to drop it.
It is also possible that this is purely a PR move – as we see on this thread a lot of people get all worked up about it.

Most places I know of have a limit of 50 bucks. That small.
We will not know about this specific store though – those are local policies.

Dumbass.

:badgrin: Ever heard of statute of limitations, bird brain? Even the dumbest fucking criminal has so where does that leave you?

You got it all figured out, huh? You're going to end up being one of these brainiac inmates telling other inmates how you're smarter than the police.

Most places I know of have a limit of 50 bucks. That small.
We will not know about this specific store though – those are local policies.

I doubt that. Do you think that during busy spells they can empty the cash register every time $50 is hit? It's probably more like $200, enough to break a $100 bill and still have cash left for other transactions.

Dumbass.

You got it all figured out, huh? You're going to end up being one of these brainiac inmates telling other inmates how you're smarter than the police.

No -- he's going to torture them with long rambling stories about growing up in Detroit and hanging with "Barry Gordy".
Maybe he's thinking of Barry Manilow... :dunno:

I'm sure that the owner will show compassion in the end. Maybe he will give her a 20% discount on a family bucket of chicken when the baby is born.

Corporate slapped the owner around and now he is begging her to come back with $2000 in back wages

And I bet that $2k comes with an insurance company-style rider where she has to agree not to sue them. IOW a corporate bribe.

Its called a settlement.

A settlement would be a negotiated deal between two parties already in or going to Court. What I mean is more like a Covenant Not to Sue.

Just speculation on my part but dangling money always gives the opportunity for such a Covenant, and is typically offered by a party who fears much higher losses in a lawsuit.

That makes sense though considering that there really is no reason to give her money and rehire her if there was no law broken. She was rightfully terminated if she was not dropping the money as she was instructed to do, caught not doing it before and now getting that money taken by a robber because she still failed to drop it.
It is also possible that this is purely a PR move – as we see on this thread a lot of people get all worked up about it.

I already addressed this in post #314. They were probably on shaky ground legally based on how they handled it. You can't charge employees $400, there's laws against that kind of de facto slavery.

you left out this part:

However, a spokesman in the company's human resources department said Holcomb was fired because she didn't follow company policy, leaving too much money in the cash register. And this wasn't her first offense.

LOL! What did you think they would say "Nice job you got there, be a shame if you lost it? Lets talk about that $400 smackeroos"

Since you didn't understand what the "RVN" reference was, I reckon you also don't get it that I'm 67 and haven't robbed anybody in over 40 years...but by all means turn my post over to the FBI and wait for my capture. :badgrin:

you left out this part:

However, a spokesman in the company's human resources department said Holcomb was fired because she didn't follow company policy, leaving too much money in the cash register. And this wasn't her first offense.

LOL! What did you think they would say "Nice job you got there, be a shame if you lost it? Lets talk about that $400 smackeroos"

the truth? do you proof what they said is not true?

you left out this part:

the truth? do you proof what they said is not true?

Do you have proof it is? Quite the conundrum

Since you didn't understand what the "RVN" reference was, I reckon you also don't get it that I'm 67 and haven't robbed anybody in over 40 years...but by all means turn my post over to the FBI and wait for my capture. :badgrin:

Most likely you'll disappear from this forum without explanation. And I don't turn in posts to anyone unless there's an imminent threat.

Forum List

Back