Popular vote for POTUS under our current system would violate equal protection

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
The Supreme Court voted 7-2 that the Florida recount violated equal protection by treating voters in different counties with different standards. Clearly our current system nationally would violate equal protection. Three huge problems would have to be fixed to make popular vote even Constitutional.

1) Voting equipment. All States would have to have the same voting equipment

2) Voting rules. Early voting, voting by mail, voting hours, counting under votes, registration rules and all the other rules around voting would have to be standardized

3) Voter registration requirements. We range from California which actively recruits illegal voters to States that are requiring IDs to combat fraud would have to be standardized

The reason now States can vary is that they only need to be consistent within their State. For a national popular vote, that wouldn't work. California actively floods their system with illegal voters. Clearly that would violate equal protection for responsible States. You up for stopping that, liberals?

California actively floods their system with illegal voters.

^bullshit claim

The last thing either the founders or the current power structure ever sought/seeks is equal representation and one hominid, one vote.

^bullshit claim

^bullshit claim

Data?

You idjits don't know about California and drivers licenses, welfare, free healthcare, government educations and the rights of citizenship for illegals? Seriously? I'd think even a Democrat in the UK would know that

I think you should have some data to point to, some peer reviewed study. Do you? Or just the usual shyte?

The Supreme Court voted 7-2 that the Florida recount violated equal protection by treating voters in different counties with different standards. Clearly our current system nationally would violate equal protection. Three huge problems would have to be fixed to make popular vote even Constitutional.

2) Voting rules. Early voting, voting by mail, voting hours, counting under votes, registration rules and all the other rules around voting would have to be standardized

3) Voter registration requirements. We range from California which actively recruits illegal voters to States that are requiring IDs to combat fraud would have to be standardized

The reason now States can vary is that they only need to be consistent within their State. For a national popular vote, that wouldn't work. California actively floods their system with illegal voters. Clearly that would violate equal protection for responsible States. You up for stopping that, liberals?

Why would all states have to have the same voting equipment or voter registration rules if we somehow managed to wrestle ourselves from the electoral college?

You must have a source somewhere that you're plagiarizing from that you can post.

^bullshit claim

^bullshit claim

Data?

You idjits don't know about California and drivers licenses, welfare, free healthcare, government educations and the rights of citizenship for illegals? Seriously? I'd think even a Democrat in the UK would know that

Oh Goodie. Please present your proof that California actively floods their system with illegal voters. Feel free to present any sources you like, but the crazy ones will be laughed at.

^bullshit claim

^bullshit claim

Data?

I think you should have some data to point to, some peer reviewed study. Do you? Or just the usual shyte?

Any simple Google search would verify all that for you and more how out of their way California is going to import illegal aliens. If I make a questionable claim then sure, asking for a link is reasonable. But clearly you've done zero to remediate your own ignorance because again any simple searches on your part would have flooded you with what I am talking about. I always have two tabs open. One for USMB, one for searching. I'd never ask someone to provide me a link to simple verification I can easily find myself. I only ask when I try and can't. As you clearly did not try

^bullshit claim

^bullshit claim

Data?

Any simple Google search would verify all that for you and more how out of their way California is going to import illegal aliens. If I make a questionable claim then sure, asking for a link is reasonable. But clearly you've done zero to remediate your own ignorance because again any simple searches on your part would have flooded you with what I am talking about. I always have two tabs open. One for USMB, one for searching. I'd never ask someone to provide me a link to simple verification I can easily find myself. I only ask when I try and can't. As you clearly did not try

In other words, you have bunk.

Why would all states have to have the same voting equipment or voter registration rules if we somehow managed to wrestle ourselves from the electoral college?

You must have a source somewhere that you're plagiarizing from that you can post.

Read the first sentence of my OP, dumb ass

^bullshit claim

^bullshit claim

Data?

Oh Goodie. Please present your proof that California actively floods their system with illegal voters. Feel free to present any sources you like, but the crazy ones will be laughed at.

I don't cater to willful stupidity, BULLSHIT.

I do like it from the guy who can't show Trump ran on family values while you call for women to wear maxis because seeing all that skin just reminds you what you aren't getting.

I even keep pointing you to Fox, the conservative news channel with all the conservative women showing lots of skin and you whiff on that too.

Now you want a link for basic information you could easily find yourself? LOL, yeah ...

Read the first sentence of my OP, dumb ass

I did but that doesn't answer the question. States are allowed different rules on voting times, machines used and registration guidelines as elections are up to the states. Going from the electoral college to a popular vote doesn't change any of that.

That's why I'm asking for your source.

^bullshit claim

^bullshit claim

Data?

You tards know a California driver's license for an illegal is marked differently from that of a citizen, right?

I'd think even a retard in Germany would know that.

Not really. States can decide to bind their electors to the national popular vote.

National Popular Vote

Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote

Sure they can. That's not a popular vote for President though, so it's irrelevant to the thread

If the number of states that pass such a law reaches the 270 electoral mark then it most certainly would be. They only need a combination of states with 105 more to enact that.

It would do so without the need for a Constitutional Amendment.

The Constitution enables the states to decide how they choose their electors.

^bullshit claim

^bullshit claim

Data?

You may see that proof if Trump's justice department does an investigation (and they should). We know the Democrats will never do it.

Forum List

Back