Post Office to stop Saturday Delivery

You are the fools who can't deal with the subject of a thread. You act like a bunch of children, so grow the fuck up!

Looks like you've missed nappy time today.
Along with his woobie and ba ba.

he wont be back.....he feels he showed everybody.....and i was trying to be nice telling him is ideas about moving the mail wont work....but i am sure he feels he knows more about that than me......i am on ignore.....the guy is a pussy....

Here is FedEx Financials for 2012:

FedEx showed real grit in FY12. We committed to a strong performance, and we delivered — no small feat, given the year’s challenges. Our earnings per share increased 40 percent, and annual revenues exceeded $42 billion, a 9 percent increase, despite political gridlock in the United States, financial turmoil in Europe, a slowing Asian economy and volatile fuel prices

Contrast this with USPS's litiny of excuses for 2012-13 performance

The high unemployment rate along with slow economic growth, continue to impact consumer confidence, increasing economic risk.

In addition, the looming “fiscal cliff” and its threats of significant federal taxincreases and government spending reductions has further increased economic uncertainty, affecting the improving, but still weak, levels of consumer and business spending.

The ongoing European economic crisis, which began in 2011, also continues to be a significant drag on international economic growth due to lower economic output from the region.

The USPS business, financial position, and results of operations will continue to be adversely impacted to the extent that the US and other countries experience slow economic
growth.

Haven't you posted that before? Why wouldn't you use information in online sites that show the financial reports instead of an analysis telling you about the business.

FDX - Stock Quote for Fedex Corp - MSN Money

Financial Results and Highlights of Revenue and Estimated Growth - MSN Money

FDX Company report, financial results, key ratios, income statement - MSN Money

Income Statement - MSN Money

FedEx claims they have 101,000 employees and wiki says 300,000. Their income statement shows logical decline during the recession, but good growth starting in 2011.

You can find all kinds of information about FedEx on similar sites.

UPS lists 398,000 employees which is consistent with wiki 398,300 and is much more international in scope. It turned the corner from the recession in 2010 and is showing good profit.

UPS Company report, financial results, key ratios, income statement - MSN Money

FedEx showed real grit in FY12. We committed to a strong performance, and we delivered — no small feat, given the year’s challenges. Our earnings per share increased 40 percent, and annual revenues exceeded $42 billion, a 9 percent increase, despite political gridlock in the United States, financial turmoil in Europe, a slowing Asian economy and volatile fuel prices

The high unemployment rate along with slow economic growth, continue to impact consumer confidence, increasing economic risk.

In addition, the looming “fiscal cliff” and its threats of significant federal taxincreases and government spending reductions has further increased economic uncertainty, affecting the improving, but still weak, levels of consumer and business spending.

The ongoing European economic crisis, which began in 2011, also continues to be a significant drag on international economic growth due to lower economic output from the region.

The USPS business, financial position, and results of operations will continue to be adversely impacted to the extent that the US and other countries experience slow economic
growth.

Why wouldn't you use information in online sites that show the financial reports instead of an analysis telling you about the business.

Unless I was as hopelessly inept as you appear to be why would I use secondary sources when primary sources are available

My information is directly from FedEx and USPS.

Why wouldn't you use information in online sites that show the financial reports instead of an analysis telling you about the business.

Unless I was as hopelessly inept as you appear to be why would I use secondary sources when primary sources are available

Meanwhile the USPS has hired violinists.

Meanwhile the USPS has hired violinists.

if one of them is Dubya the Postal Service might as well give it up....

I definitely care if USPS does not pick up my packages to customers on Saturday....

I ship about 200-300 packages a year, should double that this year, and USPS is by far more reliable and cost effective than UPS and FEDX for light packages!

Shoot, USPS even delivers my UPS packages received....

my only complaint is the HUGE HUGE HUGE rate hike on International shipments this past month....in some cases my shipping costs went up OVER 130%....IT NOW COSTS MORE TO SHIP my small items to Canada than the item itself....and THAT is going to KILL my international business and the business of millions upon millions of other online retailers....

Again, if these folks calling for the destruction of the USPS could get a rate quote to send a package to their son or daughter serving overseas, they'd be crying for it's reinstatement.

What the hell are you talking about? Would you invest your money based on what the corporation says about itself or would you invest based on it's record in the stock market? If USPS announced the changes I suggested and a few more I haven't covered, what do you think would happen to FDX stock? All the talk in the world isn't going to keep their stock up.

How is the financial information of a corporation a secondary source? I can find the record of their annual stockholders report and the corporation is presenting that to the stockholders, where they can't mislead. The information of the financial statement is filed by the corporation. The numbers speak and someone talking about their corporation is giving hype to get people interested in them. A corporation is what it is. FedEx is the only corporation I've seen lately that reports bogus numbers for it's employees. Something is definitely wrong there, because what they have reported in money is way too low.

I definitely care if USPS does not pick up my packages to customers on Saturday....

I ship about 200-300 packages a year, should double that this year, and USPS is by far more reliable and cost effective than UPS and FEDX for light packages!

my only complaint is the HUGE HUGE HUGE rate hike on International shipments this past month....in some cases my shipping costs went up OVER 130%....IT NOW COSTS MORE TO SHIP my small items to Canada than the item itself....and THAT is going to KILL my international business and the business of millions upon millions of other online retailers....

Again, if these folks calling for the destruction of the USPS could get a rate quote to send a package to their son or daughter serving overseas, they'd be crying for it's reinstatement.

Oy vay....Straw man argument.
Hey newsflash....No one is calling for the destruction of the USPS. The idea is to make it more efficient. To have it operate within budget, at least break even and do its job.

Hey newsflash....No one is calling for the destruction of the USPS. The idea is to make it more efficient. To have it operate within budget, at least break even and do its job.

Are you dumb? People in this very thread have called for the complete dismantlement of the USPS.

The OP himself has that view. God... learn to fucking read.

Last edited:

Are you dumb? People in this very thread have called for the complete dismantlement of the USPS.

The OP himself has that view. God... learn to fucking read.

Perhaps no one is a right-wing expression for themselves as a member of their collective and has no meaning connected to the words they choose? I've seen that said very often on this site and I don't recall seeing it so much on other sites. They'll do it on this site right next to a post that totally contradicts it.

We all know you're a lying sack of shit but you've been spanked on this one before.

The law that imposed that "burden" (Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act) was not only co-sponsored by oh-so-conservative Henry Waxman (D), it passed the House on a vote of 410 to 20. That's as bi-partisan as you get.

Lying the first time was bad enough, but doing it again AFTER having your enormous ass handed to you is just pathetic on your part.

The legislation was poorly designed, has been poorly implemented, and has hurt the USPS.
The USPS hurts itself because the system is inefficient and the pricing schedule is stupid.
Why ship a letter across the country for the same price as shipping a letter across town?
Postal rates should be set by the distance the package travels.
UPS has zone rates. Why not the USPS?

They do for parcel post.

DMM Notice 123 Price List

Forum List

Back