Pot is becoming illegal in California again

I mean, I haven't grown in 20 years, but that is what I used to do, it was all pretty damn simple back, "in the day."

The date is irrelevant....Legal weed is still more expensive than the sacks that you can get from the average black marketeer.

Legal weed is more expensive than the sacks you can get from ANY black marketer... there are exactly zero black market growers selling $60 eighths. They're lucky if they get over $1,200 per pound these days, if the quality is exceptional.

Yet, plenty people are buying weed at the legal shops. They like the variety of strains, the fact that everything has been tested for THC content and chemical residues, and the fact that they're not committing a crime.

The legal market (Cali) is on track to do $3.1 billion in sales this year, up 23% from 2018.
I always went to the legal shops to get CBD oil for my dog. I wanted to be sure I got the real deal. Unfortunately, it didn't help his seizures.

Did it have thc in it that you gave your dog? I think I've read it's the thc that helps seizures but not really sure.
No, it didn't have THC. I read that it was the CBD that helped, so who knows. We're still trying to find the right medication for him.

I have bought in two medicinal states and was not taxed.

At $10 to $20 a gram you are paying a tax...

What is the average U.S. cost of marijuana per gram?
When a state “just legalizes” marijuana, the price per gram usually sits between $10 and $20 per gram. However, as the market matures and the supply catches up with the demand, the prices usually level out between $5 – $10 of high-quality weed.
Weed Prices Per Gram - The Breakdown - marijuanally.com

marijuanally.com/weed-prices-per-gram

Honestly, $20 a gram is outrageous. That's $560 an ounce. Even $10 a gram is outrageous. Legal weed is being over packaged at great expense too.

My doctor is trying to get me to stop smoking. He considers vaping no different than smoking. I am asthmatic so I have tried to be a good patient but I'm still smoking and vaping.

I have tried the CBD oil and didn't like it. Tastes horrible, but the pain relief simply did not last. I wanted more in less than an hour. Some edibles were better than others, but they're very expensive and most have that dank taste.

As with all forms of treatements, they have different effects on different people. I have one friend who swears by CBD oil. My sister got little relief from edibles but loves the hand cream.
Seems sort of stupid. That shit is a weed.

Vancouver sells seeds. Why don't they just get a. .. . . like, Johnny pot seed, and stop with all the hydro activity. Spread that seed all over the wilds and it will all be free. . .

:dunno:

seeds are $10/each

Each? Like, per individual seed?

Holy shit. . . I used to have so many back in school, I ate them. :71:

I wonder if the ones that are in parrot food are sterile? :eusa_think:

Well, there's so much science, botany and technology that goes into growing today. The $10 seeds are all feminized, so that they will bud; male seeds do not bud
The seeds are hybridized strains all across the Indica/sativa spectrum.

The seeds in the nickle bag outside of Madison Square Garden before the Led Zeppelin concert were roughly 50% male and therefore useless

Blue Dream Feminized Marijuana Seeds

These are $28 for 5 seeds. Hmm, Sativa. hmmmm Hmmmm.

My friend is spending $20 per seed and they're not sexed. Half of the seeds she started this season were male. She certainly didn't get any guarantees on her seeds. My blueberry plant was much smaller than hers because I grew indoors, and initially she thought it might be a male. Mine turned out to be the only female of that group of seeds. She had to tear hers out She bought 10 seeds and we had 5 female plants.
She needs to buy from different places. There's no reason for that to happen today

I think we already have the key to sexing seeds. I’ll let you know next year. We already have our seeds.

seeds are $10/each

Well, there's so much science, botany and technology that goes into growing today. The $10 seeds are all feminized, so that they will bud; male seeds do not bud

The seeds in the nickle bag outside of Madison Square Garden before the Led Zeppelin concert were roughly 50% male and therefore useless

My friend is spending $20 per seed and they're not sexed. Half of the seeds she started this season were male. She certainly didn't get any guarantees on her seeds. My blueberry plant was much smaller than hers because I grew indoors, and initially she thought it might be a male. Mine turned out to be the only female of that group of seeds. She had to tear hers out She bought 10 seeds and we had 5 female plants.
She needs to buy from different places. There's no reason for that to happen today
Seems sort of dumb to me.

Why not get male and female seeds/plants, grow them outside, and get hundreds of seeds?

Because seedy pot is crap and has lower THC. We don’t want seeds. My friend has been sexing plants for everyone in her neighbourhood and ripping out the males to avoid having seeds.

A decent sized plant will yield a pound of weed. It’s ridiculous not to pay $20 a seed when the results are a pound of high quality pot.

When my neighbour won the pot growing contest in Toronto, he had bought a seedling in Montreal for $100. I’d pay $100 for a pound of good weed.

When a state “just legalizes” marijuana, the price per gram usually sits between $10 and $20 per gram. However, as the market matures and the supply catches up with the demand, the prices usually level out between $5 – $10 of high-quality weed.

Honestly, $20 a gram is outrageous. That's $560 an ounce. Even $10 a gram is outrageous. Legal weed is being over packaged at great expense too.

My doctor is trying to get me to stop smoking. He considers vaping no different than smoking. I am asthmatic so I have tried to be a good patient but I'm still smoking and vaping.

I have tried the CBD oil and didn't like it. Tastes horrible, but the pain relief simply did not last. I wanted more in less than an hour. Some edibles were better than others, but they're very expensive and most have that dank taste.

As with all forms of treatements, they have different effects on different people. I have one friend who swears by CBD oil. My sister got little relief from edibles but loves the hand cream.
seeds are $10/each

I think we already have the key to sexing seeds. I’ll let you know next year. We already have our seeds.

Vegas is expensive too, but Colorado has way better prices.

I read a while ago that Colorado had the same problem as all the others, and that was illegal pot was undercutting government pot.

I read a while ago that Colorado had the same problem as all the others, and that was illegal pot was undercutting government pot.

Its still cheaper to buy there than other states. You could get two edible bars for $25,00 and in vegas bar runs $33.00

Go figure, the stoners here ignore the damage done to young brains and people in general.

Marijuana Use: Detrimental to Youth
American College of Pediatricians – April 2017

ABSTRACT: Although increasing legalization of marijuana has contributed to the growing belief that marijuana is harmless, research documents the risks of its use by youth are grave. Marijuana is addicting, has adverse effects upon the adolescent brain, is a risk for both cardio-respiratory disease and testicular cancer, and is associated with both psychiatric illness and negative social outcomes. Evidence indicates limited legalization of marijuana has already raised rates of unintended marijuana exposure among young children, and may increase adolescent use. Those who used medical marijuana had an earlier age of regular marijuana use, and more marijuana abuse and dependence symptoms than those who did not use medical marijuana. A recent article in the Journal of the American Medical Association, noted there is very little scientific evidence to support the use of medical marijuana. The main active chemical in marijuana is delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Marijuana over activates the endocannabinoid system, causing the high and other effects that users experience. These effects include distorted perceptions, psychotic symptoms, difficulty with thinking and problem solving, disrupted learning and memory, and impaired reaction time, attention span, judgment, balance and coordination. THC suppresses neurons in the information-processing system of the hippocampus, thus learned behaviors, dependent on the hippocampus, also deteriorate. Participants who used cannabis heavily in their teens and continued through adulthood showed a significant drop in IQ between the ages of 13 and 38 – an average of eight points for those who met criteria for cannabis dependence. A number of studies have shown an association between chronic marijuana use and mental illness. Therefore, the American College of Pediatricians supports legislation that continues to restrict the availability of marijuana except in the context of well controlled scientific studies which demonstrate medicinal benefit together with evidence-based guidelines for optimal routes of delivery and dosing for specific medical conditions. The College encourages parents to take advantage of the “family table,” and to become involved in drug abuse prevention programs in the community or in the child’s school in order to minimize the risk of their children experimenting with drug use.
[...]

Go figure, the stoners here ignore the damage done to young brains and people in general.

American College of Pediatricians – April 2017

ABSTRACT: Although increasing legalization of marijuana has contributed to the growing belief that marijuana is harmless, research documents the risks of its use by youth are grave. Marijuana is addicting, has adverse effects upon the adolescent brain, is a risk for both cardio-respiratory disease and testicular cancer, and is associated with both psychiatric illness and negative social outcomes. Evidence indicates limited legalization of marijuana has already raised rates of unintended marijuana exposure among young children, and may increase adolescent use. Those who used medical marijuana had an earlier age of regular marijuana use, and more marijuana abuse and dependence symptoms than those who did not use medical marijuana. A recent article in the Journal of the American Medical Association, noted there is very little scientific evidence to support the use of medical marijuana. The main active chemical in marijuana is delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Marijuana over activates the endocannabinoid system, causing the high and other effects that users experience. These effects include distorted perceptions, psychotic symptoms, difficulty with thinking and problem solving, disrupted learning and memory, and impaired reaction time, attention span, judgment, balance and coordination. THC suppresses neurons in the information-processing system of the hippocampus, thus learned behaviors, dependent on the hippocampus, also deteriorate. Participants who used cannabis heavily in their teens and continued through adulthood showed a significant drop in IQ between the ages of 13 and 38 – an average of eight points for those who met criteria for cannabis dependence. A number of studies have shown an association between chronic marijuana use and mental illness. Therefore, the American College of Pediatricians supports legislation that continues to restrict the availability of marijuana except in the context of well controlled scientific studies which demonstrate medicinal benefit together with evidence-based guidelines for optimal routes of delivery and dosing for specific medical conditions. The College encourages parents to take advantage of the “family table,” and to become involved in drug abuse prevention programs in the community or in the child’s school in order to minimize the risk of their children experimenting with drug use.
[...]

That's why it's illegal for people under the age of majority, as is alchohol.

Vancouver sells seeds. Why don't they just get a. .. . . like, Johnny pot seed, and stop with all the hydro activity. Spread that seed all over the wilds and it will all be free. . .

Indoor weed in a controlled environment comes out better.

Real legalization would lift all restrictions on cultivation, as any pot aficionado could easily grow enough for their ongoing personal stash in a space of about 4' X 4'.

It's easy....Take it from me.
And, you have touched upon the very reason pot is still illegal. They can't control it if we have freedom.

Indoor weed in a controlled environment comes out better.

Real legalization would lift all restrictions on cultivation, as any pot aficionado could easily grow enough for their ongoing personal stash in a space of about 4' X 4'.

It's easy....Take it from me.
And, you have touched upon the very reason pot is still illegal. They can't control it if we have freedom.

More importantly, they can't profit from it. In Canada, we note the number of politicians and former police chiefs now sitting on the boards of marijuana companies, or signing on as major shareholders, including Julian Fantino, who as Toronto Chief of Police, and later as a Minister in Stephen Harper's cabinet, vehemently opposed legalization.

Mr Beale, wild weed is low quality and a total joke. It might be good for making clothing or rope, but it's garbage to smoke.

Sexually segregated and carefully bred female plants produce a variety of pot, some with low THC for treating children with epilepsy, and others have high levels of THC for pain relief. One of the plants my friend grew this summer was an indica which was a bad smoke with no high, and produced amazing pain relief.

But yes, we are all capable of producing our own week, but we need privacy and discretion. Otherwise the damn teenagers will jump your fence and steal your weed. We lost 1/2 a plant to the little buggers this year and went out and cut the rest down before they came back.

Edibles in Ontario are about $15 each for chocolate bars, brownies, or a bag of potato chips. Two for $25 is a good price.

At the dispensary I frequent I can get two 100 mg chocolate bars for $21 (+38% tax minus my 15% veterans discount).

The government isn't selling edibles yet which makes them hard to find since they closed the unlicensed dispensaries. My daughter used to bake for a Compassion Clinic in Toronto so she knows all the proper techniques for making butter, and she is a trained pastry chef. Her edibles have potency with no dank taste at all. But it takes a lot of pot to make butter. The last batch used an ounce and a half of pot and made 40 brownies, so I know a price of $15 each isn't unreasonable.

My daughter only makes edibles for family and friends these days, so we don't get them often, and as I said, they use a lot of pot.

Edibles in Ontario are about $15 each for chocolate bars, brownies, or a bag of potato chips. Two for $25 is a good price.

At the dispensary I frequent I can get two 100 mg chocolate bars for $21 (+38% tax minus my 15% veterans discount).

The government isn't selling edibles yet which makes them hard to find since they closed the unlicensed dispensaries. My daughter used to bake for a Compassion Clinic in Toronto so she knows all the proper techniques for making butter, and she is a trained pastry chef. Her edibles have potency with no dank taste at all. But it takes a lot of pot to make butter. The last batch used an ounce and a half of pot and made 40 brownies, so I know a price of $15 each isn't unreasonable.

My daughter only makes edibles for family and friends these days, so we don't get them often, and as I said, they use a lot of pot.

I make my own butter...just made some yesterday. I used 2 ounces of home grown. Chocolate isn't easy though and it's so cheap at the club, I just buy them there. Brownies, cookies and granola bars, I make myself. Eventually I want to buy a rosin press and make my own vape oil.

I make my own butter...just made some yesterday. I used 2 ounces of home grown. Chocolate isn't easy though and it's so cheap at the club, I just buy them there. Brownies, cookies and granola bars, I make myself. Eventually I want to buy a rosin press and make my own vape oil.

Do you put pot in your butter? Wonder how that would taste with some home made biscuits?

Do you put pot in your butter? Wonder how that would taste with some home made biscuits?

There is a process which extracts the natural oil in the pot in the form of a green pot butter, which you use in place of creamery butter or shortening in your cooking. It takes a lot of pot to get enough butter to cook any regular baking recipes like brownies, cookies or other edibles.

Forum List

Back