Pot is becoming illegal in California again

The black market is coming back because the state govt has screwed it up with a multitude of massive taxes and regulations. In addition to that, california is taking the guard away from the border and going after its own citizens who are accidentally violating the thousands of regs while the mexicans come across with the goods. Lol. You cant make this stuff up. If i were a marijuana grower in mexico, Id be lobbying for the US to hurry up and legalize mj because I would know that the fed would tax and reg it out of existence and I'd be there to swoop in with the goods. This is poetry beyond anything frost could have ever written.

Last edited:
Seems sort of stupid. That shit is a weed.

Vancouver sells seeds. Why don't they just get a. .. . . like, Johnny pot seed, and stop with all the hydro activity. Spread that seed all over the wilds and it will all be free. . .

:dunno:

seeds are $10/each

Each? Like, per individual seed?

Holy shit. . . I used to have so many back in school, I ate them. :71:

I wonder if the ones that are in parrot food are sterile? :eusa_think:

Damn, $10 I have a quarter of a baggie full of them that are about 10 years old.

In order to compete with the black market, the prices must be competitive. Same prices they have on the street plus around 40 percent total tax is going to hurt.
Dumbfucks
This was part of the econ lesson I was trying to impart on people.....They somehow thought that weed would become less expensive under legalization, to the point that any taxes would be a wash.....My little riffs about market efficiency flew right over their sativa-addled brains.
i am paying no more than i was with the street dealer with taxes here in vegas....the difference is the pot is way cleaner and better...

I have bought in two medicinal states and was not taxed.

The date is irrelevant....Legal weed is still more expensive than the sacks that you can get from the average black marketeer.

Legal weed is more expensive than the sacks you can get from ANY black marketer... there are exactly zero black market growers selling $60 eighths. They're lucky if they get over $1,200 per pound these days, if the quality is exceptional.

Yet, plenty people are buying weed at the legal shops. They like the variety of strains, the fact that everything has been tested for THC content and chemical residues, and the fact that they're not committing a crime.

The legal market (Cali) is on track to do $3.1 billion in sales this year, up 23% from 2018.
I always went to the legal shops to get CBD oil for my dog. I wanted to be sure I got the real deal. Unfortunately, it didn't help his seizures.

Can't tell you how many times I've had these "polite conversations" with hippie liberoidals, who somehow thought that legalizing and taxing pot was going to work.

"Legalize and tax it" they said....."Use the money to fund schools and programs for the cheeeeeldrennnn" they said.

Asked them how they'd like to pay more for their stash....Tried to give them the lesson in basic econ and how gubmint drives up the costs of everything they lay their covetous little meat hooks onto, but NOOOOOOOOO!
So you think criminalizing pot is the smart way to go? Really?

I don't know.

However, extreme regulation and taxation of the product isn't going to result in the kinds of governmental revenues that liberal de-criminalizers promise.

A few years ago, massive new taxes were placed on regular tobacco cigarettes. The promise was that this new taxation would provide money for the schools, children's health care or other programs, depending on the state.

Didn't work out that way. Cigarette smuggling became a big racket, as well as counterfeit tax stamps. In addition, many people gave up smoking or smoked significantly less, reducing the promised revenues even further.

And it is the same with Grass.
Good, less people smoking is a good thing. Thought there are many reasons for that. A big part was educating our youth about the dangers

There are far more benefits than dangers. I have arthritis in all my joints and I'm on the list for a knee replacement. I'll need a new hip thereafter. A puff or two from my vaporizer and I get pain relief that doesn't damage my stomach or organs, isn't addictive and I can grow it in my yard. My daughter has a process to extract butter from pot and her brownies are delicious - and they also relieve pain.

My friend makes a hand cream in her kitchen from the pot she grows, which relieves my sister's arthrtis pain and gives her enough hand mobility that she can cook again.

Medicinal marijuana is a godsend on many scores. When I smoke, a puff or two doesn't get me high, but it does relieve my pain. I don't drive so that's not an issue, but my friends who do drive treat it just like alchohol and don't smoke and drive either.
I agree. Marijuana definitely has healing properties. I use edibles and find the most relief with my back pain.

I also use CBD emu oil and that stuff is a miracle. It will work on my arthritic hands and wrists when the edibles don't. It also will heal a blister or bruise or other closed skin injury in a fraction of the normal time.

Can't tell you how many times I've had these "polite conversations" with hippie liberoidals, who somehow thought that legalizing and taxing pot was going to work.

"Legalize and tax it" they said....."Use the money to fund schools and programs for the cheeeeeldrennnn" they said.

Asked them how they'd like to pay more for their stash....Tried to give them the lesson in basic econ and how gubmint drives up the costs of everything they lay their covetous little meat hooks onto, but NOOOOOOOOO!

Once again...this is simple shit for third graders. All one has to do is ask one simple question. “Are we a better, more productive society of people as a result of legal weed?”
Since all we’ve really done is glamorize weed for our youth and compel wetback Cartels to move their operations to Mexifornia and buy grow houses here in residential neighborhoods I’m gonna go with a big FUCK NO!

I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to pot. On one hand, I think it's stupid to fine people or even put them in jail for smoking pot provided they are not operating a motor vehicle. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to see it get like Colorado where they have pot shops, with huge signs and advertising. I've even heard some have newspaper coupons you can clip out.

I just don't think that's the right environment for our children. Sure, they know what pot is, but they don't need that exposure while growing up.
They are also heavily exposed to liquor, wine, and beer....So what?

Well, we did something about that years ago. Beer is okay to advertise on television, but not liquor. During the Nixon administration, they outlawed television commercials and billboards for cigarettes.

Are kids exposed to those items anyway? Yes they are. But that's not to say it's good either. With alcohol, some drink it for the taste and no effects. With pot, there is only one reason for smoking, and that is to get high.

NO, there are medicinal reason's to smoke, use edibles or oils not just to get high but high is nice too.

The date is irrelevant....Legal weed is still more expensive than the sacks that you can get from the average black marketeer.

Legal weed is more expensive than the sacks you can get from ANY black marketer... there are exactly zero black market growers selling $60 eighths. They're lucky if they get over $1,200 per pound these days, if the quality is exceptional.

Yet, plenty people are buying weed at the legal shops. They like the variety of strains, the fact that everything has been tested for THC content and chemical residues, and the fact that they're not committing a crime.

The legal market (Cali) is on track to do $3.1 billion in sales this year, up 23% from 2018.
I always went to the legal shops to get CBD oil for my dog. I wanted to be sure I got the real deal. Unfortunately, it didn't help his seizures.

Did it have thc in it that you gave your dog? I think I've read it's the thc that helps seizures but not really sure.

Once again...this is simple shit for third graders. All one has to do is ask one simple question. “Are we a better, more productive society of people as a result of legal weed?”
Since all we’ve really done is glamorize weed for our youth and compel wetback Cartels to move their operations to Mexifornia and buy grow houses here in residential neighborhoods I’m gonna go with a big FUCK NO!

I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to pot. On one hand, I think it's stupid to fine people or even put them in jail for smoking pot provided they are not operating a motor vehicle. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to see it get like Colorado where they have pot shops, with huge signs and advertising. I've even heard some have newspaper coupons you can clip out.

I just don't think that's the right environment for our children. Sure, they know what pot is, but they don't need that exposure while growing up.
The state should use the extra revenue to educate our youth about the risks to using pot. Look what they did to cigarettes. Go to California, nobody smokes cigs anymore

Well some of the state governments say teen use is down in legal states.

Well that’s because you’re not very bright. The answer is an overwhelming yes.

Meanwhile outside of LibTardia
Study: Poorer marijuana users smoking the most – The Denver Post
We keep finding new ways to keep filthy bottom feeders feeding on the bottom at our expense. I wonder what taxpayers will spend on all the new weed related medical issues over the next couple decades.
What is it you think you’re proving?

That it's not doctors and lawyers and societies best smoking weed like the pieces of shits want us to believe...you know, just like its only Mexico's finest traversing our border...right?
like with most topics you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. I have a friend that owns a dispensary and he tells me that about three quarters of his clients are grey hairs. You sure love to rag on the poor don’t you? What’s up with that?

"I know this one guy"
You always seem to know this one guy...and the experience of that "one guy" is able to dictate your position..That's retarded.
Make no mistake about it; the majority smoking weed are societal liabilities, piece of shits whom cant afford to be smoking weed...trust me.
"But, but, but....ALCOHOL!"
Oh many apologies if my first hand experience is not a good way to shape my opinions. Where do you get your vast array of fallacious opinions from?

We keep finding new ways to keep filthy bottom feeders feeding on the bottom at our expense. I wonder what taxpayers will spend on all the new weed related medical issues over the next couple decades.

That it's not doctors and lawyers and societies best smoking weed like the pieces of shits want us to believe...you know, just like its only Mexico's finest traversing our border...right?

But you are very wrong. Why don't you crawl back into your hole and let the people in this thread debate instead of tearing everything down which you most often do.

like with most topics you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. I have a friend that owns a dispensary and he tells me that about three quarters of his clients are grey hairs. You sure love to rag on the poor don’t you? What’s up with that?

Hell, I think the percentage of old people at our dispensaries in Florida must be around 85% and all most all white.

Vancouver sells seeds. Why don't they just get a. .. . . like, Johnny pot seed, and stop with all the hydro activity. Spread that seed all over the wilds and it will all be free. . .

seeds are $10/each

Well, there's so much science, botany and technology that goes into growing today. The $10 seeds are all feminized, so that they will bud; male seeds do not bud
The seeds are hybridized strains all across the Indica/sativa spectrum.

The seeds in the nickle bag outside of Madison Square Garden before the Led Zeppelin concert were roughly 50% male and therefore useless

Blue Dream Feminized Marijuana Seeds

These are $28 for 5 seeds. Hmm, Sativa. hmmmm Hmmmm.

Hell, I think the percentage of old people at our dispensaries in Florida must be around 85% and all most all white.
Yup...the people that line up at my local dispensary reflect America, old, young and ALL races.

seeds are $10/each

Well, there's so much science, botany and technology that goes into growing today. The $10 seeds are all feminized, so that they will bud; male seeds do not bud

The seeds in the nickle bag outside of Madison Square Garden before the Led Zeppelin concert were roughly 50% male and therefore useless

My friend is spending $20 per seed and they're not sexed. Half of the seeds she started this season were male. She certainly didn't get any guarantees on her seeds. My blueberry plant was much smaller than hers because I grew indoors, and initially she thought it might be a male. Mine turned out to be the only female of that group of seeds. She had to tear hers out She bought 10 seeds and we had 5 female plants.

I have bought in two medicinal states and was not taxed.

At $10 to $20 a gram you are paying a tax...

What is the average U.S. cost of marijuana per gram?
When a state “just legalizes” marijuana, the price per gram usually sits between $10 and $20 per gram. However, as the market matures and the supply catches up with the demand, the prices usually level out between $5 – $10 of high-quality weed.
Weed Prices Per Gram - The Breakdown - marijuanally.com

marijuanally.com/weed-prices-per-gram

seeds are $10/each

My friend is spending $20 per seed and they're not sexed. Half of the seeds she started this season were male. She certainly didn't get any guarantees on her seeds. My blueberry plant was much smaller than hers because I grew indoors, and initially she thought it might be a male. Mine turned out to be the only female of that group of seeds. She had to tear hers out She bought 10 seeds and we had 5 female plants.
She needs to buy from different places. There's no reason for that to happen today

seeds are $10/each

Worth every penny too.

But so were the early strains.

Remembering Nevil Schoenmakers, Founder of the First Cannabis Seed Bank

California pot advocates say tax rates too high

Pot is becoming a black market item again, but not because the state is making it illegal again, but because the taxes are too high.

And yes, the only time dead head Californians seem to complain about the outrageous taxes is when they can't buy their weed.

LMAO!!!

I think Progressives are making a mistake here. They naturally want to take everyone's money because they are greedy power hungry deplorable people, but it helps to medicate these people into oblivion first.

So I propose that they stop taxing ONLY weed in such an outrageous way, otherwise, their base may be jeopardized.

GREAT! They can come to Nevada (the last State in the US) and buy it!

seeds are $10/each

She needs to buy from different places. There's no reason for that to happen today
Seems sort of dumb to me.

Why not get male and female seeds/plants, grow them outside, and get hundreds of seeds?

California pot advocates say tax rates too high

Pot is becoming a black market item again, but not because the state is making it illegal again, but because the taxes are too high.

And yes, the only time dead head Californians seem to complain about the outrageous taxes is when they can't buy their weed.

LMAO!!!

I think Progressives are making a mistake here. They naturally want to take everyone's money because they are greedy power hungry deplorable people, but it helps to medicate these people into oblivion first.

So I propose that they stop taxing ONLY weed in such an outrageous way, otherwise, their base may be jeopardized.

agreed

Forum List

Back