Prayer group kicked out of mall

No it isn't.

You never have the right to walk onto a person's property without permission. IDGAF if you're the fucking pope you aren't allowed on my property and if you ignore my posted No Tres[passing signs I will have you charged with criminal trespass.
lol you' don't have a clue. Like I said, go ahead and try.

lol you' don't have a clue. Like I said, go ahead and try.
You're wrong.

I as a private citizen have ZERO obligation to allow you on my property for ANY purpose whatsoever.

I as a private citizen cannot violate your First Amendment rights. The First Amendment only applies to the government making laws that prohibit the exercise of speech religion etc.

You need to retake 8th grade civics.

No it isn't.

You never have the right to walk onto a person's property without permission. IDGAF if you're the fucking pope you aren't allowed on my property and if you ignore my posted No Tres[passing signs I will have you charged with criminal trespass.
True, but a mall isn't private property. Why ? Because it has opened itself up for the public to participate in events and business as is evidenced by the open palladium, and also by the citizen's doing business there in which the mall was built for.

This means all folks are welcome regardless of their gender, race or geographical point of origin that comes from within the nation that they may have come to participate from.

Do you want the shop owner's to tell black folks to go to the black section only again, otherwise because they wouldn't be welcomed in the white section of the mall in which white ownership controls or owns ??? The same could apply if compromise doesn't exist in all things including events taking place in the palladium where all events are to be recognized, and are to be scrutinized in an equal manor before allowing the event to take place or continue if already taking place.

There has to be balance on the weight scales, and the only way to get it is to be fair and impartial, yet everyone must begin applying standards and rules in such a way that the bulk of the consumers might then agree with such standards and/or impartiality when an act or event is chosen to stay or asked to go.

So, first Amendment for those you agree with.

Yeah I know it's "private property" but they serve the PUBLIC.

Regardless of whether or not malls serve the public, it's still private property and they can say who is and isn't allowed.

What if it was a mall with mainly Christian stores in it that serve the public? Would you be okay with allowing Muslims, Buddhists or any other religion to proselytize on it? If you're saying that Christians have a "right" to proselytize on secular property, then you should have no problem with other religions as well doing their preaching on primarily Christian property. Especially if you support the 1st Amendment (which doesn't specify any religion, saying that all religions are allowed).

You're wrong.

I as a private citizen have ZERO obligation to allow you on my property for ANY purpose whatsoever.

I as a private citizen cannot violate your First Amendment rights. The First Amendment only applies to the government making laws that prohibit the exercise of speech religion etc.

You need to retake 8th grade civics.
If you are operating a business, then you have to adhere to public standards or rules that have been enacted to ensure the public is being treated fairly and properly in a mutual agreeing way between all parties involved.

True, but a mall isn't private property. Why ? Because it has opened itself up for the public to participate in events and business as is evidenced by the open palladium, and also by the citizen's doing business there in which the mall was built for.

This means all folks are welcome regardless of their gender, race or geographical point of origin that comes from within the nation that they may have come to participate from.

Do you want the shop owner's to tell black folks to go to the black section only again, otherwise because they wouldn't be welcomed in the white section of the mall in which white ownership controls or owns ??? The same could apply if compromise doesn't exist in all things including events taking place in the palladium where all events are to be recognized, and are to be scrutinized in an equal manor before allowing the event to take place or continue if already taking place.

There has to be balance on the weight scales, and the only way to get it is to be fair and impartial, yet everyone must begin applying standards and rules in such a way that the bulk of the consumers might then agree with such standards and/or impartiality when an act or event is chosen to stay or asked to go.
Of course a mall is private property.

It is open to the public yes but that does not allow the public to use the mall for assembling for any reason other than shopping or an activity approved by the mall ownership or management.

If you own business do you have to allow people to conduct prayer meetings inside?

Regardless of whether or not malls serve the public, it's still private property and they can say who is and isn't allowed.

What if it was a mall with mainly Christian stores in it that serve the public? Would you be okay with allowing Muslims, Buddhists or any other religion to proselytize on it? If you're saying that Christians have a "right" to proselytize on secular property, then you should have no problem with other religions as well doing their preaching on primarily Christian property. Especially if you support the 1st Amendment (which doesn't specify any religion, saying that all religions are allowed).
Decency standards and rules apply, then everyone is welcome. Period.

If you are operating a business, then you have to adhere to public standards or rules that have been enacted to ensure the public is being treated fairly and properly in a mutual agreeing way between all parties involved.
So if you own a business open to the public you have to accommodate a prayer meeting?

It is private property when it comes to a performance. They would have to apply for a permit.

Maybe they were spreading the Gospel message.
And that's the key here. These moronic Leftists want Christians to "keep their religion private", but that's not what Yeshua COMMANDED!!! Matthew 28:18-20 spells out the very thing Christians are to do and that's to "Go forth and make disciples". You cannot do that if you confine your faith to home and church, can you? This is why we (Evangelicals) need to proclaim the Gospel in public!

Of course a mall is private property.

It is open to the public yes but that does not allow the public to use the mall for assembling for any reason other than shopping or an activity approved by the mall ownership or management.

If you own business do you have to allow people to conduct prayer meetings inside?
The palladium is created to allow public events that are welcomed by the Mall, and yes the Mall should give approval of the events I agree. However, it makes one wonder if the mall was pressured to stop an event by maybe a lone butt head, and not by a majority that didn't have any problem with the event taking place.

So it really comes down to whether or not the mall made the right choice in respect to their customers or did it react in a stupid way, and therefore it isolated or angered it's customers by agreeing with maybe one or two people complaining ??????

And that's the key here. These moronic Leftists want Christians to "keep their religion private", but that's not what Yeshua COMMANDED!!! Matthew 28:18-20 spells out the very thing Christians are to do and that's to "Go forth and make disciples". You cannot do that if you confine your faith to home and church, can you? This is why we (Evangelicals) need to proclaim the Gospel in public!
You don't have the right to proselytize anywhere you want.

Do you have to bake a cake or photograph a wedding ? Do tell ...
You're the one saying a mall is not private property not me.

A prayer meeting has nothing to do with the services a mall or the stores in it provide.

You're the one saying a mall is not private property not me.

A prayer meeting has nothing to do with the services a mall or the stores in it provide.
You are the one twisting and turning everything into pretzel's trying to make a point, and I didn't say Mall's weren't privately owned, but they do serve everyone in the public in which causes them to abide by government standards regarding the treatment of their patrons.

Open palladium's in Malls were erected to enhance the mall experience, but even so proper operational standards are involved, so when dealing with the people who are allowed in, and are seeking to help enhance the experience within the confounds of the area designated for that, then it becomes a matter of correct judgement on the Malls part.

Beware of the Bud Light situation is all anyone is saying... It could get ugly.

Forum List

Back