Predict the Trump verdict. (Poll)

How many jurors will find Trump NOT guilty of ANY super-secret felony counts?

• 0 Meaning Trump is guilty of a felony and could face prison time

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • 1 not guilty, meaning a "hung jury", and Trump walks

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • 2 not guilty, same hung jury, Trump walks

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • 3+ not guilty, Trump walks

Votes: 15 25.9%

• Total voters
The only way this doesn't hit the appellate court is an acquittal. If it wasn't a novel legal strategy you'd be able to demonstrate that. Your failure is noted.
That makes no sense. You and I do not have to demonstrate anything. The jury will decide.

The charged crime is FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE

You seem to agree that it's reasonably well established that he did in fact falsify them and so from here the only requirement to criminally convict is that he did so to break other laws.

He didn't declare this sizable campaign contribution as the law requires.- thats illegal.
He didn't correctly record this as campaign spending for tax purposes - thats also illegal
He did use this illegal scheme to help him influence the voters - this also happens to be illegal.

If a Juror believes any of those three violations are true then the conclusion must be that Trump is guilty as charged.
1. Agreed, falsifying business records is a crime. A misdemeanor that had expired. The only reason it didn't stay a crime is that Bragg said they were falsified to hide another "crime" which turned the misdemeanor into a felony. The only problem is that there was no other crime.

2. The payment for the NDA to Stormy was NOT a campaign contribution. Trump had paid at least two NDAs, one to the doorman. and one to Karen McDougal. So as a TV celebrity Trump had paid for NDAs before. They are PERFECTLY LEGAL. Also, Mr. Trump can donate as much of his own money as he wants to to his campaign. PERFECTLY LEGAL, the FEC and DOJ already looked into it with no charges.

3. The NDA payment was NOT a campaign expense, so there are no tax issues. Explain how paying for an NDA affects taxes? That makes no sense.

4. There was no illegal scheme. NDAs are perfectly legal. There is no law against lying to voters. Pols lie all the time.

So, in summation, Trump is innocent until proven guilty, in court.
Trump was NOT charged nor convicted of ANY of the three bullshit crime you listed.
So Trump should walk away from the expired misdemeanor, if the jury is honest.

I think the two lawyers on the jury will vote not guilty on all charges. They will understand the massive overreach and consequences of allowing this clown show to convict. Plus they have a vested interest in not legitimizing this novel legal farce.
The two lawyers are smart enough to see thru Spanky Trump's bullshit. And I'll bet they're not too impressed with the bastard's constant attacks on the judicial system, where they make their living & where they are held to the highest standards.

Not everybody is a lying fist pumping jerkoff like Trump is.

Seems you forgot about 1. by the time you got to 4.
"1" is an expired misdemeanor.
It doesn't count without a conviction of one of the "super-secret crimes" that was "covered-up" by it.
The only reason "1" isn't dead is because it supposedly covered-up a more serious "crime".
So are we "innocent until proven guilty", or can Bragg and a bad judge convince a jury to convict Trump for a phantom crime?

"1" is an expired misdemeanor.
It doesn't count without a conviction of one of the "super-secret crimes" that was "covered-up" by it.

You are wrong on that, there is no conviction requirement.

A jury considering criminal records falsification charges being convinced that another law was broken is sufficient.

Last edited:
It's NYC, with NYC prosecutors, NYC judges, and NYC jurors. So I will assume Trump will be found guilty, and will be sentenced to a longer prison sentence, than someone who pushes someone off the gutter they call the NYC subway system!

I'll be stunned if even one juror tries to show some objectivity, and gives us a hung jury.

We'll see, but there is little reason to be optimistic IMO. Hope I'm wrong, but the DNC is all set with a series of commercials to run with the theme of course, of being able to refer to Trump as a 'convicted felon'.

The phone calls have been made. The fix is in.

Closing arguments start Tuesday morning, then the jury instructions, then the jury decides the verdicts.

So my take on it is that Trump will be found guilty of the misdemeanor bookkeeping counts, and not guilty on the any of the (3) "super-secret felonies"

So Trump walks, since the misdemeanor counts all expired (unless they hid one of the "super-secret felonies", which was a "no")

I'm betting that "innocent until proven guilty" holds serve in the jury, for the "super-secret felonies"

I'm going with 12 jurors coming back with a guilty verdict on multiple felonies. How many, I don't know. Merchan will give him 2 years in prison, a big fine and 2 years probation which will take two years for an Appellate court to reduce it to 6 months and 2 years probation. Let's see I will be right. I'd say there is a 35% chance on a hung jury. And, by the way, a hung jury is NOT a 'not guilty' verdict, because a mistrial (hung jury) can be TRIED AGAIN. No 'not guilty' verdicts' can be tried again under the 5th amendment's double jeopardy clause. Therefore, your poll is flawed, not to mention #1 & #2 are the same.

You are wrong on that, there is no conviction requirement.

A jury considering criminal records falsification charges being convinced that another law was broken is sufficient.
Even if there is no indictment?

Where in the US Constitution does it say that a jury can convict someone without due process?

Total bullshit that will be reversed on appeal.

Closing arguments start Tuesday morning, then the jury instructions, then the jury decides the verdicts.

So my take on it is that Trump will be found guilty of the misdemeanor bookkeeping counts, and not guilty on the any of the (3) "super-secret felonies"

So Trump walks, since the misdemeanor counts all expired (unless they hid one of the "super-secret felonies", which was a "no")

I'm betting that "innocent until proven guilty" holds serve in the jury, for the "super-secret felonies"
"super secret felony counts"

I'm not aware that that is a thing.

I suspect he will be convicted of more than a few non secret felony counts.

1. Agreed, falsifying business records is a crime. A misdemeanor that had expired. The only reason it didn't stay a crime is that Bragg said they were falsified to hide another "crime" which turned the misdemeanor into a felony. The only problem is that there was no other crime.

2. The payment for the NDA to Stormy was NOT a campaign contribution. Trump had paid at least two NDAs, one to the doorman. and one to Karen McDougal. So as a TV celebrity Trump had paid for NDAs before. They are PERFECTLY LEGAL. Also, Mr. Trump can donate as much of his own money as he wants to to his campaign. PERFECTLY LEGAL, the FEC and DOJ already looked into it with no charges.

3. The NDA payment was NOT a campaign expense, so there are no tax issues. Explain how paying for an NDA affects taxes? That makes no sense.

4. There was no illegal scheme. NDAs are perfectly legal. There is no law against lying to voters. Pols lie all the time.

So, in summation, Trump is innocent until proven guilty, in court.
Trump was NOT charged nor convicted of ANY of the three bullshit crime you listed.
So Trump should walk away from the expired misdemeanor, if the jury is honest.

That will be for the jury to decide.

Forum List

Back