Pregnant, and No Civil Rights

Plasmaball

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
. This is a real serious issue. ( not tk's stupid thread that shows zeros flaws at all) We have always questioned how far these type of people would go to get their ways. Well now we have evidence how what they would do. They will arrest women and force medical procedures on them in order to get their ways.
The very fact they scream that they are for smaller government is a lie.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/08/opinion/pregnant-and-no-civil-rights.html?_r=1

In Iowa, a pregnant woman who fell down a flight of stairs was reported to the police after seeking help at a hospital. She was arrested for “attempted fetal homicide.”

In Utah, a woman gave birth to twins; one was stillborn. Health care providers believed that the stillbirth was the result of the woman’s decision to delay having a cesarean. She was arrested on charges of fetal homicide.

In Louisiana, a woman who went to the hospital for unexplained vaginal bleeding was locked up for over a year on charges of second-degree murder before medical records revealed she had suffered a miscarriage at 11 to 15 weeks of pregnancy.

Florida has had a number of such cases. In one, a woman was held prisoner at a hospital to prevent her from going home while she appeared to be experiencing a miscarriage. She was forced to undergo a cesarean. Neither the detention nor the surgery prevented the pregnancy loss, but they did keep this mother from caring for her two small children at home. While a state court later found the detention unlawful, the opinion suggested that if the hospital had taken her prisoner later in her pregnancy, its actions might have been permissible.

In another case, a woman who had been in labor at home was picked up by a sheriff, strapped down in the back of an ambulance, taken to a hospital, and forced to have a cesarean she did not want. When this mother later protested what had happened, a court concluded that the woman’s personal constitutional rights “clearly did not outweigh the interests of the State of Florida in preserving the life of the unborn child.”

The rabid RWs are just getting crazier by the minute. They keep saying they want smaller govt but fact is, they want more and more laws, really insane laws that control our most intimate and sacred and personal lives.

You're right that its a serious issue - to the women facing this every day. According to the RWs, men don't play a role. They have no responsibility. Anyone who does not believe this has only to look at the numbers of fathers who simply don't bother to pay even a token child support check.

If RWs here are any indication, the right is all about punishing the mother for not keeping her legs closed or some such shit.

Fact is, the right wants to punish all people who have sex.

YES they do. Look at every single big, button pushing issue the right yammers about. Its always about sex. And its always about RW Peeping Tom's trying to harm others for their private lives.

Birth control, marriage equality, homosexuality, abortion, equal pay for equal work, child nutrition ... The RWs are all about more and more laws, more invasive laws, peeking in windows and punishing people who dare to have sex.

Omfg I don't believe it. Plasmapuss created a thread that wasn't about fags.

Although I will say he is quite the sucker for democrat talking points.

The rabid RWs are just getting crazier by the minute. They keep saying they want smaller govt but fact is, they want more and more laws, really insane laws that control our most intimate and sacred and personal lives.

You're right that its a serious issue - to the women facing this every day. According to the RWs, men don't play a role. They have no responsibility. Anyone who does not believe this has only to look at the numbers of fathers who simply don't bother to pay even a token child support check.

If RWs here are any indication, the right is all about punishing the mother for not keeping her legs closed or some such shit.

Fact is, the right wants to punish all people who have sex.

YES they do. Look at every single big, button pushing issue the right yammers about. Its always about sex. And its always about RW Peeping Tom's trying to harm others for their private lives.

Birth control, marriage equality, homosexuality, abortion, equal pay for equal work, child nutrition ... The RWs are all about more and more laws, more invasive laws, peeking in windows and punishing people who dare to have sex.
The Food Stamp Capital of the U.S. is WHITE and REPUBLICAN Political Blind Spot

Someone is wrong on internet (1).png

glad to see the right is giving this the typical answer and yet fatasses "flaw" thread is more of an issue....constitutional my ass...fucking frauds

glad to see the right is giving this the typical answer and yet fatasses "flaw" thread is more of an issue....constitutional my ass...fucking frauds
Calling Republicans "frauds" after the Obamacare lies by Obama and the Democratic Party is laughable, yup laughable. Obama, the Clintons, Carter my my how Democrats love and embrace their liars

Damn them women.. They is owed taxpayer funded contraception, and abortion on demand. Unplanned parenthood needs more funding !!! Lol

Calling Republicans "frauds" after the Obamacare lies by Obama and the Democratic Party is laughable, yup laughable. Obama, the Clintons, Carter my my how Democrats love and embrace their liars
thanks for the punt

Without knowing more about these individual stories it is impossible to comment. Some of them sound downright fishy. Especially the woman who fell down the stairs and lost the baby. That sounds suspiciously like she was beaten. In which case the police will always threaten prosecution to get the truth out of her.

14 - 1.jpg

Democrats aren't the least bit guilty over their tradition of racist and economic/moral failure with African Americans. Alas blaming Republicans and race baiting is starting to fall on deaf ears...finally. Perhaps they with have to be successful for a change

thanks for the punt
Thanks for the laughs.

Without knowing more about these individual stories it is impossible to comment. Some of them sound downright fishy. Especially the woman who fell down the stairs and lost the baby. That sounds suspiciously like she was beaten. In which case the police will always threaten prosecution to get the truth out of her.
Pregnant Woman Jailed In Iowa For Thinking About An Abortion
https://www.nymc.edu/Clubs/quill_and_scope/volume2/murphy.pdf
Mom Arrested After Utah Stillbirth - CBS News

you are a moron...

thanks for the punt
Thanks for the laughs.
worthless sack of shit

thanks for the punt
Thanks for the laughs.
worthless sack of shit
My my, thanks again, my mission is complete .. :laugh:

Forum List

Back