President Christie, meet President Guiliani

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
President Christie meet President Giuliani

All that Lowry love led a New Jersey political source to e-mail his disagreement. “He’s proven me wrong before,” he said of Christie, “but I think Rudy Giuliani is the more apt comparison.” And then he succinctly made a convincing case.

Anyway, you remember President Giuliani, right?
Italian American — check
Former prosecutor — check
From the Northeast/NY Metro area — check
Bully — check
Thin-skinned — check
Two-term chief executive — check
Built his rep on the backs of a disaster — check
Ridiculous hype about his prez aspirations — check
Questions about his conservative bona fides — check
Chief strategist named Mike Duhaime – check

The ridiculous hype about Christie’s presidential ambitions is amusing to watch. He’s the dream candidate of the GOP establishment and the media who doesn’t stand a chance of winning the Republican Party’s presidential nomination. This is especially so if the rules continue to reward pure conservatives over conservatives who could win a national election.

Last edited:

All that Lowry love led a New Jersey political source to e-mail his disagreement. “He’s proven me wrong before,” he said of Christie, “but I think Rudy Giuliani is the more apt comparison.” And then he succinctly made a convincing case.

Italian American — check
Bully — check
Thin-skinned — check

The ridiculous hype about Christie’s presidential ambitions is amusing to watch. He’s the dream candidate of the GOP establishment and the media who doesn’t stand a chance of winning the Republican Party’s presidential nomination. This is especially so if the rules continue to reward pure conservatives over conservatives who could win a national election.

The fact that you gun for Christie like this evaporates any semblance of you formerly being a Republican. An "Eisenhower Republican" would cream in his pants at that thought of a Christie presidency.

Good job showing your true colors, your progressive statist.

[

The fact that you gun for Christie like this evaporates any semblance of you formerly being a Republican. An "Eisenhower Republican" would cream in his pants at that thought of a Christie presidency.

Not at all, Marty. I think it just shows how crazy the GOP has fallen that it sees a guy like Christie as a "moderate".

Christie has made his bones by bashing labor and workers.

Including the ones who did the hard work after Sandy that he took credit for.

What would Ike think about this?

Today in America, unions have a secure place in our industrial life. Only a handful of reactionaries harbor the ugly thought of breaking unions and depriving working men and women of the right to join the union of their choice. I have no use for those -- regardless of their political party -- who hold some vain and foolish dream of spinning the clock back to days when organized labor was huddled, almost as a hapless mass. Only a fool would try to deprive working men and women of the right to join the union of their choice.—Dwight D. Eisenhower

Italian American — check
Bully — check
Thin-skinned — check

:lol:

My girlfriend and I had this exact fight last night.

I told her Christie would never be President.

:eusa_shifty:

Italian American — check
Bully — check
Thin-skinned — check

The only difference between Christie and the Tea party is Christie doesn't hate blacks and Muslims.

Otherwise? He's right in their pocket with his views.

[

Not at all, Marty. I think it just shows how crazy the GOP has fallen that it sees a guy like Christie as a "moderate".

Today in America, unions have a secure place in our industrial life. Only a handful of reactionaries harbor the ugly thought of breaking unions and depriving working men and women of the right to join the union of their choice. I have no use for those -- regardless of their political party -- who hold some vain and foolish dream of spinning the clock back to days when organized labor was huddled, almost as a hapless mass. Only a fool would try to deprive working men and women of the right to join the union of their choice.—Dwight D. Eisenhower

GOVERNMENT LABOR UNIONS. He has nothing against private labor unions. I also tend to recall that FDR was a huge critic of public sector unions, something progressives tend to gloss over.

Note Eisenhower is talking about industrial unions, not government unions.

Try to read the crap you post.

The only difference between Christie and the Tea party is Christie doesn't hate blacks and Muslims.

CA-RIST, you are dumb as a box of rocks! Does it hurt to be THIS FUCKIN' STUPID, kid?

I guess your DNC masters have told you to go heavy on the racist when it comes to the Tea Party types.

Roll over fido.

It really is amusing to watch people define Christie. There are so many experts and they are all saying something different. He a closet liberal, a TPM, progressive, moderate, RHINO ...

I'm going back to where I started. He's an enigma. He's his own man. He cares about people...everyone. I'm saying that because I think he cares about the country.

Rather than sticking to issues, he goes with what is right. What is right for the time, place and person. That's what I am thinking, but I don't want to give him too much credit. I really don't know him that well.

I have never really moved away from my initial opinion of him: He's an egomaniacal blowhard with no core beliefs and a lust for power.

If Christie is a big spender, please show us where this has occurred.

Otherwise, admit that you hate him, all because he did not call Obama a Mooslum and kick him.

I have never really moved away from my initial opinion of him: He's an egomaniacal blowhard with no core beliefs and a lust for power.

I can see where you can get egomaniacal blowhard if you just watched clips and no core beliefs because I haven't found core beliefs either, so I can understand where you can go there but how did you get the lust for power?

CA-RIST, you are dumb as a box of rocks! Does it hurt to be THIS FUCKIN' STUPID, kid?

Nice of ya to call me "kid"..

And I speak pretty well thank you.

Other than that?

I am completely correct..with the possible exception that the TPM is looking to turn the USA into a White Evangelist Theocracy..and I don't think Christie wants to go that far.

Nice of ya to call me "kid"..

And I speak pretty well thank you.

Other than that?

I am completely correct..with the possible exception that the TPM is looking to turn the USA into a White Evangelist Theocracy..and I don't think Christie wants to go that far.

Its comical you keep equating the tea party with totalitarian social conservatives.

Its shows you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

[

JoeB, Marxist

Sallow, I have not been able to find where his views are spelled out. Can you link me to some of his more conservative values?

I guess your DNC masters have told you to go heavy on the racist when it comes to the Tea Party types.

Roll over fido.

Please..

You guys did that all on your lonesome.

Rafael "Ted" Cruz's crack about Jesse Helms and Rand Paul's diatribe about the civil rights act were cherries on top.

False. Both Giuliani and Christie had big reputations long before 9/11 or Hurricane Sandy.

Giuliani for cleaning up the sewer that was NYC. Christie for cleaning up the sewer that was the NJ budget.

Sallow, I have not been able to find where his views are spelled out. Can you link me to some of his more conservative values?

Link?

I'm in Jersey as we speak.

He's basically anti-union, cuts taxes on the rich, cuts funding for education, anti-abortion and has a plethora of other very right wing views. He took the gay marriage thing to the supreme court.

One of the things that keep him from going "full bore" on this is that he's in a very liberal state.

They love him here. But they don't like all his views.

He's got the "The guy you wanna have a beer with" thing nailed down pat. Heck..he's a very charismatic likable guy.

Forum List

Back