President Ronald Reagan In His Own Words

Do you two ride the same short bus as rdean?

Sucks not to have a good defense.

Especially when we are talking about a Conservative messiah..

Sorry buddy..he screwed the pooch..not as bad as W..but pretty much in the wide open.

Where everyone could see.

Do you two ride the same short bus as rdean?

Sucks not to have a good defense.

Especially when we are talking about a Conservative messiah..

Sorry buddy..he screwed the pooch..not as bad as W..but pretty much in the wide open.

Where everyone could see.

Awwww, you mean he didn't inherit a mess like the current crybaby, he just created one after that liberal utopia Jimmuh left him with? ....... :lol:

Yep, Carter was more of a fiscal conservative in practice than Reagan was in 2 terms.

:lol:
The debt was what 700 billion when Reagan took office?

Reagan v Carter on debt: "For decades we have piled deficit upon deficit mortgaging our future and our children's future for the temporary convenience of the present. To continue this trend..."

______Debt/GDP__start__end___increase debt____increase % points/GDP

Jimmy Carter___35.8%____32.5%___0.28______-3.3%

Ronald Reagan__32.5%____43.8%___0.66______+11.3%

Ronald Reagan__43.8%____53.1%___1.04______+9.3%

National debt by U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :eusa_whistle:

Reagan wasn't a bad man, just a terrible wizard. :eek:

"Those who do work are denied a fair return for their labor." - 1981 Inaugural Address

"The economic ills we suffer have come upon us over several decades. They will not go away in days, weeks, or months, but they will go away."
- Reagan or Obama?

"It's not my intention to do away with government, it is rather to make it work." - RR

"For decades we have piled deficit upon deficit mortgaging our future and our children's future for the temporary convenience of the present. To continue this trend..." Ronald Reagan before he continued this trend :eusa_shhh:

[youtube]hpPt7xGx4Xo[/youtube]

President Ronald Reagan In His Own Words :eusa_whistle:

"Government can and must provide opportunity...foster productivity..." - President Ronald Reagan - 1981 - Inaugural Address

"How can we love our county and not love our countrymen, and loving them reach out a hand when they fall, heal them when they're sick, and provide opportunity to make them self-sufficient so they will be equal in fact and not just in theory?"
- Reagan reflecting on "the compassion that is so much a part of the make up of America."

---

Ronald Reagan February 6, 1911 – June 5, 2004

This Sunday will be Reagan's 100th birthday. What can we do to show the man in his own words? Plenty.

I have a hard time remembering exactly what it was he did.

I remember Iran Contra.

I remember him taking credit for what previous presidents did against the USSR.

I remember him doubling the deficit.

I remember him raising taxes.

I remember him kicking out the mentally ill to live in the streets.

I remember he hated his son studying ballet.

What else he did, I can't really remember.

Yep, I think he was sold a bill of good on most of that. Cheney, Rummy and Bush I were some of the ones behind Iran Contra.

You left out Grenada, Nicaragua, etc.
'
He also cut off SS survivors benefits at 18 even for those in school. and raised the withholding too much so that he had lots of surplus money to spend and cook the books a bit with to make the debt look less bad.

Yep...had my SSI cut off.

He also instituted Taxes for Tips and unemployment I believe.

But the crowning achievement was skating on Iran/Contra while violating the Constitution.

Treason was never so well loved by the American people.

and lets not forget that he cut off such personal income tax deductions as.
Income averaging.
interest on personal loans, credit cards, car loans, etc.
Tax paid on fuel.
And more which I forget right now.

And they didn't impeach him for that? omgnoway !

Nopers.

Just about everyone involved got a little jail time..but then either got sprung by the ACLU (Like Oliver North) or pardoned..then re-pardoned by George HW Bush.

It's good to be King.

What a travesty he wasn't impeached !

Where do you think Obamacare would be right now if Obama, Reid and Pelosi were as honest as Reagan?

Yep, I think he was sold a bill of good on most of that. Cheney, Rummy and Bush I were some of the ones behind Iran Contra.

You left out Grenada, Nicaragua, etc.
'
He also cut off SS survivors benefits at 18 even for those in school. and raised the withholding too much so that he had lots of surplus money to spend and cook the books a bit with to make the debt look less bad.

But the crowning achievement was skating on Iran/Contra while violating the Constitution.

Income averaging.
Tax paid on fuel.

He was against debt and increased it on a huge scale. :clap2:

He started the ball rolling on the late 20th century mantra of GOP Conservatives "The Deficit doesn't matter"

And they didn't impeach him for that? omgnoway !

Nopers.

Just about everyone involved got a little jail time..but then either got sprung by the ACLU (Like Oliver North) or pardoned..then re-pardoned by George HW Bush.

It's good to be King.

Where do you think Obamacare would be right now if Obama, Reid and Pelosi were as honest as Reagan?

Dunno.

They might have just dropped the whole thing and supported bloodthirsty nun raping Contras..or maybe selling Cocaine to school kids.

Well not really.

That was Ronald Reagan.

Conservative Hero.

And then the religious right paid Ollie North to give speeches and such around the country on his partiotism. After being convicted of essientially treason.

Income averaging.
Tax paid on fuel.

He was against debt and increased it on a huge scale. :clap2:

He started the ball rolling on the late 20th century mantra of GOP Conservatives "The Deficit doesn't matter"

Star wars baby!

Orbital Nuclear Platforms!!

Nobody..and I mean nobody spends money like a Conservative.

Nopers.

It's good to be King.

Dunno.

They might have just dropped the whole thing and supported bloodthirsty nun raping Contras..or maybe selling Cocaine to school kids.

Well not really.

That was Ronald Reagan.

Conservative Hero.

Yet he won a landlside election and his VP won the following election, if only you had posted that youtube video prior to those elections!

Dunno.

Well not really.

That was Ronald Reagan.

Conservative Hero.

Yet he won a landlside election and his VP won the following election, if only you had posted that youtube video prior to those elections!

Umm that speech is dated 1987 Reagan ran again after that?
since he was president from 81-89 I think you are badly mistaken.

You need to get out of Reagan mythology and deal in reality a bit.

Last edited:

Dunno.

Well not really.

That was Ronald Reagan.

Conservative Hero.

Lee Atwater was a fucking genius! Kinda of Ironic he died of a Brain tumor, alone and basically abandoned by the very people he helped.

Rove owes him big time.

Dunno.

Well not really.

That was Ronald Reagan.

Conservative Hero.

Indeed, Bush the elder won the election after that speech, the Reagan bashing is wandering aimlessly in this thread, not just focused on that speech......

Indeed, Bush the elder won the election after that speech, the Reagan bashing is wandering aimlessly in this thread, not just focused on that speech......

However that speech was what you were referring to with your post.

Strange how posting facts is bashing.

Which is why i mentioned Bush winning in 1988, but if you wanna hang your hat on that, have at it......

Which is why i mentioned Bush winning in 1988, but if you wanna hang your hat on that, have at it......

You sell used cars?

Forum List

Back