President to use recess appointment for CFPB :-)

You retards need to quit acting like opposing the President is treason.

Remember when dissent used to be patriotic? Funny how that stopped in January of 2009.

You numbnuts.

:lol:

Yep he iz.

He seems to have forgotten how bush's dissenters were treated.
Unamerican, traitor, you are either with us or against us.

Seems like the right even called me that for opposing the Iraq invasion and The Patriot act.
So why do you perpetuate such behavior?

Oh, yeah -- because there's a Democrat in the White House.

well wonderful...let him act like a dick. the people are already sick of him

Now please contact your congresscritter to get impeachment proceedings going. I'm sure the Republicans in the Senate are eager to explain - in this political climate, no less - why they were holding up not only Cordray's nomination, but also for members of the NLRB.

You think the Prez is so unpopular, they should have no problems, then.

You'd think by now the wingnuts would know that Obama going to bat for consumers while the GOP holds, in this case, to their obstructionist whims is a loser for them in an election year.

Best shut up and take it but, oh no, everything is an issue to these guys.

Actually I don't. I think what is important in this power grab is giving the appearance of giving a shit about Consumers. That's the part you miss, CC. Another Bureaucracy with probably as much power as the IRS, the EPA? We really need this shit? I don't think so. Government cannot even protect us from Credit Card Fraud. Government has a hard enough time protecting It's own Web Sites. The Gang that couldn't shoot straight does a better job. What will Government do in the end? Subcontract. Why, In the Real World, Government Salaries, Benefits, and Retirement packages are not meant for Anyone but the Elite. All of your Consumer Concerns are already regulated by Government. Why in Hell reward Incompetence?

obama never did like the Constitution. Ignoring it doesn't bother him one bit.

Really? He taught constitutional law for years. I wager he knows it better than any RW radio host does, including Mark Levin.
Then he really has no excuse for all his violations of it, does he?

Of course, it's not like you Obamabots give a damn about the Constitution.

I would spend a little time thinking about the stance some of you are taking today. It will come back to bite you in the ass when a Republican is in office.

Don't be a crybaby butt-hurt hypocrite trying to diminish the power of the executive when it suits you and then conveniently suffer amnesia when it doesn't.

Think!
Oh, you mean like the left did for 8 years under Bush, then excusing and rationalizing it whenever Obama does the same thing?

Let me guess: That's different. Somehow. It just is.
BUSH didn't do it for a new Bureaucracy.
A new bureaucracy? Larger government? More tax dollars drained?

No wonder the leftists here are moist.

obama never did like the Constitution. Ignoring it doesn't bother him one bit.

Really? He taught constitutional law for years. I wager he knows it better than any RW radio host does, including Mark Levin.

You would lose big time. Levin is motivated by the Constitution, Obama, like every Progressive Statist is obstructed by it. When You abandoned Individual Liberty, you abandoned Conscience and Soul. No matter how you package your Bullshit, it's still Bullshit. You need to back track and explain why Individual Liberty is such a threat to your style of Government. Be honest. What is it about what you can;t control, that you Must lie, steal, and scam, to harness it? It's the mystery of life, a sacred trust between Each of us and our Maker, and you are at war with it, probably since the beginning of time. What is it that terrifies you about free will? Individual Accountability? You don't see the disconnect? We do. ;)

Well, I beg to differ on what motivates Levin. I listen to Levin ALL the time, and it's abundantly clear that he's ultrapartisan in his views. What that means is this. If a conservative president did what Obama did, Levin would defend it.

You would lose big time. Levin is motivated by the Constitution, Obama, like every Progressive Statist is obstructed by it. When You abandoned Individual Liberty, you abandoned Conscience and Soul. No matter how you package your Bullshit, it's still Bullshit. You need to back track and explain why Individual Liberty is such a threat to your style of Government. Be honest. What is it about what you can;t control, that you Must lie, steal, and scam, to harness it? It's the mystery of life, a sacred trust between Each of us and our Maker, and you are at war with it, probably since the beginning of time. What is it that terrifies you about free will? Individual Accountability? You don't see the disconnect? We do. ;)

Well, I beg to differ on what motivates Levin. I listen to Levin ALL the time, and it's abundantly clear that he's ultrapartisan in his views. What that means is this. If a conservative president did what Obama did, Levin would defend it.
He's ultraConstitutional and LAW. Something YOU are not.

He's ultraConstitutional and LAW. Something YOU are not.

Did you not read what I wrote? I listen to Levin ALL the time. I know him for what he is. He's a partisan, pure and simple. He formulates arguments (and some of them are pretty piss poor one) to defend conservative Republicans and attack Democrats, regardless of what they do, and regardless of the merits of the argument. That is what partisans do.

Oh, you mean like the left did for 8 years under Bush, then excusing and rationalizing it whenever Obama does the same thing?

Let me guess: That's different. Somehow. It just is.
BUSH didn't do it for a new Bureaucracy.
A new bureaucracy? Larger government? More tax dollars drained?

No wonder the leftists here are moist.
Yep. They have to get even will the evil Wall Street...

What this new bureacracy tells me is that Gubmint can't and doesn't trust Consumers to do thier own 'watchdogging'...:eusa_whistle:

I provided the link. Read it!

Clear now?

It depends on how the moves and motives of all are interpreted.

Here's an analogy:

Let's say there's a rural county in the US west somewhere.

And further, let's say that there's a very long well-paved county road with a 65 mph speed limit for about 5 miles. At only one point, there's a farm road at an intersection. It's a private road that's only used for farm equipment to travel from one side to the other when crops are planted, or sprayed, or harvested.

Now, does the county have the right to put a stop sign on the paved road, or even to post a lower speed limit sign of about 25 mph on a half mile stretch of that road.

Maybe.

But what if the only reason the county is doing this has nothing to do with public safety? What if the only reason the county posted the stop sign and the lower speed limit was to create a speed trap? That's different.

Congress is playing a disingenuous game with the pro forma sessions where no business is planned or conducted. And by doing so, they're trying to prevent the president of the us from being able to fulfill his constitutional duties. I cry foul!

The recess appointment exception was created to fill vacant positions.....not to create new bureaucracies.

We already can't afford the size of government we had before this act. He keeps piling these huge spending increases one on top of the other.

Did you know that the purpose for this new office is to speed up a new $2 trillion dollar program Obama intends on unveiling later this year? One designed to buy votes by forcing banks to forgive loans for qualified applicants. They will be allowed to refinance at the current value of their home, not the value when they closed. The costs will be absorbed by the Treasury/taxpayer. The intention is to appear like he's helping people with underwater mortgages. The Devil is in details, but figure the odds on many home owners being qualified for the program, but that won't stop him from bragging about it, even if it is a total farce.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau was already in existence.

do you defend it?

The Repubs wanted to weaken the financial agency before staffing it. No surprise there, we all know who they work for
Ezra Klein - Sens. McConnell and Cornyn go to Wall Street

Personally I feel threatened by Big Government. Mankind is not perfect. Pretending to be is a waste of time. It is that simple for me. Why is controlling Others when you cannot control your own partiality, prejudices, and indulgences such an obsession? How is that helpful or Righteous in any way? You do not see that you are forcing your Ideology on us with misrepresentation and false claims. You cannot balance what you already control, yet you answer is that you should have more draconian powers over others, to bend their will. How does that serve Humanity? You are an example of the blind leading the blind. You are so far from Virtue that you do neither recognize it or understand it. You want to be in control, you want everyone to pay. What are we paying for that you can provide fairly without partiality. What can you effect without doing collateral damage? Enumerated Powers were not designed to be trumped by the General Welfare Clause. There are no Powers born on Earth that are without Limit, no Action or Inaction, with out Consequence.

You don't know Levin at all. He is a Firm Constitutionalist. Define and study Constructive Liberty, and you will find yourself closer to the root of who Levin is, and you will find yourself better informed. Call Him A Conservative, Call him A classic liberal.

Forum List

Back