President Trump can start laying off furloughed workers after 30 days

CONFIRMED: President Trump Can Start Laying Off Furloughed Workers After 30 Days With 'Reduction In Force' Procedure - Big League Politics

AWESOME! Let's start reducing size of government! I got a feeling this was part of the plan from the beginning! Shrink the hell out of government!
Which workers would you like to see unemployed? Which services should be eliminated?
NASA- Tesla has shown they can do just as good of a job NASA can no reason to keep funding that when a private company can do the same thing
TSA-Should be a state or private company thing
U.S. Agency for global media-WTF we need this for?
Peace Corps- WHY is the government paying for this? PLENTY of rich folks who like helping the poor in other countries let them pay for it
Holocast museum-shut it down personally or just let a private entity control it
National Gallery of Arts and the National Endowment for the arts-again we should not be funding art and music let private entities do this.
As for almost ALL other agencies slash their budgets AND how many workers they have.

You missed the obvious one because you're a dumb hick. EPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not NASA. LMAO. Odium is a dumbass hick.
Rather be a redneck hick than a spawn of satan you Jewess bitch.:fu:

Awesome. I am the spawn of Satan and I am coming for you.

Whah! We get it. You don’t like his position, or decision. We get it. Too bad. Such is politics...

Nobody that is not a partisan sheep that puts party before country likes the decision to make the POTUS the de facto leader of the Senate

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Fret not. McConnell isn’t President. You can come out of your bunker now

You are correct, he is a spineless man who has given up leadership of the Senate to the president.
Or... He and the president are of like mind on the issue. Nah...!!! Impossible!

If they were liked minded he would not need to get prior approval before putting a bill up for a vote
Uh-huh...

So much for your stupid far right wing wet dream...

Bill Announcement | The White House

S. 24, the “Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019,” which requires the compensation of government employees for wages lost, work performed, or leave used during a lapse in appropriations that begins on or after December 22, 2018, and entitles excepted employees to use leave during a lapse in appropriations.

That has nothing to do with the OP.

Also...

https://www.fsa.usda.gov/Internet/FSA_File/art21.pdf

Also, the RIF does not apply to Emergency furloughs.

21.6 Emergency Furlough: A furlough because of lack of appropriations or lack of work due to unpredictable events such as natural disasters, fires, etc.

21.7 Furlough: The placement of an employee in temporary non-duty and non-pay status for not more than 30 consecutive days or 22 nonconsecutive work days during the twelve (12) month period beginning the day after the effective date of the furlough. For furloughs of more than 30 consecutive days or more than 22 nonconsecutive work days see Article 20 (RIF) of this Agreement.

Nothing in there says the employee can be layed off.

But everything in there says they do not fall under the RIF provision.

While only losers make being a Non essential employee for the government a career, even most of those losers won’t wait around to much longer not getting payed. Those mooches will find other jobs. This shut down is the best thing ever.

Trump signed a bill giving them all their missed pay after the shutdown is over, why would they leave?

All the shutdown has done is cost more money and lower the GDP.

And each week Trump calls back more and more people so that nobody feels the pain of the shutdown, pretty soon they will all be working, just not getting paid till later.

What kind of a scumbag cheers the thought of others losing their jobs?

One who has had to deal with the IRS and VA. Fuck the losers. Hope it gets real bad for them and they have to get a job where they have to do real work.

The VA is fully funded and not furloughed. You would know that if you were really dealing with the VA

That has nothing to do with the OP.

Also...

21.6 Emergency Furlough: A furlough because of lack of appropriations or lack of work due to unpredictable events such as natural disasters, fires, etc.

21.7 Furlough: The placement of an employee in temporary non-duty and non-pay status for not more than 30 consecutive days or 22 nonconsecutive work days during the twelve (12) month period beginning the day after the effective date of the furlough. For furloughs of more than 30 consecutive days or more than 22 nonconsecutive work days see Article 20 (RIF) of this Agreement.

While only losers make being a Non essential employee for the government a career, even most of those losers won’t wait around to much longer not getting payed. Those mooches will find other jobs. This shut down is the best thing ever.

Trump signed a bill giving them all their missed pay after the shutdown is over, why would they leave?

And each week Trump calls back more and more people so that nobody feels the pain of the shutdown, pretty soon they will all be working, just not getting paid till later.

So? That was only done to get hood rats their EIC checks to keep them docile. I really don’t care. I just like that life sucks for them now.

Also...

So? That was only done to get hood rats their EIC checks to keep them docile. I really don’t care. I just like that life sucks for them now.

Clearly your life sucks 100% of the time so you want others to join you in your misery.

What a shitty way to live life, but whatever works for you

Clearly your life sucks 100% of the time so you want others to join you in your misery.

What a shitty way to live life, but whatever works for you

Lol, nope. Disgruntled vet and past employee of the government. I have also had to deal with the IRS. You are most likely a loser government employee. One of the types who had to find a place like the federal government so you can continue failing up.

CONFIRMED: President Trump Can Start Laying Off Furloughed Workers After 30 Days With 'Reduction In Force' Procedure - Big League Politics

AWESOME! Let's start reducing size of government! I got a feeling this was part of the plan from the beginning! Shrink the hell out of government!

I suspect that the quality of service won't change enough to notice. Tells me that those no longer working for the government were being paid to do nothing.

It is fake news, not real. So, don't go getting a woody or anything.

I suspect that the quality of service won't change enough to notice. Tells me that those no longer working for the government were being paid to do nothing.

Lol, nope. Disgruntled vet and past employee of the government. I have also had to deal with the IRS. You are most likely a loser government employee. One of the types who had to find a place like the federal government so you can continue failing up.

I am a Vet as well and my wife just started working for the VA as an RN.

I have never had an issue with the VA, but I do not use them for any actual medical care. Just things like the GI Bill, VA home loans and such. Also get a portion of my retirement tax free because of service related disability...but only a little one.

The only dealings I have with the IRS is the check I send them every April to cover my tax burden not covered by payroll deduction.

During my 20 years in the Corps I worked with/for/over a number of Fed employees and found them all to be just as competent as anyone in uniform.

I have never had an issue with the VA, but I do not use them for any actual medical care. Just things like the GI Bill, VA home loans and such. Also get a portion of my retirement tax free because of service related disability...but only a little one.

The only dealings I have with the IRS is the check I send them every April to cover my tax burden not covered by payroll deduction.

During my 20 years in the Corps I worked with/for/over a number of Fed employees and found them all to be just as competent as anyone in uniform.
/----/ Thank you for your service.

Which workers would you like to see unemployed? Which services should be eliminated?
Troll, if we can do without those workers this long we don't need them. Period.

/---- / Start with the Dept of Education and then the Dept of Energy or maybe the EPA.
I agree with all 3! Especially Education department. The parents in my county have a LOT of say so over things and we do pretty good dealing with things here. Return it to the states.
Get rid of the National Parks Service as well. Give this land back to the States to manage. Where it belongs. Let them pay for its management, and upkeep. As well as reaping the profits for their efforts. The Federal government has almost no business owning land outside of military bases, court houses, and other clerical types of properties.
View attachment 240598 View attachment 240599
images

Sure....that's working out well.
/---/ Why are people, such slobs? If you know there is a shutdown, carry your garbage to an empty bin or home and then dispose of it. Newsday ran a story about the LIRR filthy cars (not part of the shut down) They blame the railroad for only cleaning the cars 4 times a day. So take your coffee cups and newspapers out to the bins on the platform.
Commuters to LIRR: Trains are dirty
Riders paint a picture of spilled beer and coffee on train floors, and food grime on seats and windows. The Long Island Rail Road counters that it has hired more workers and cleans trains more than in the past.
image.jpg

Thank your wife for a fellow poster. I'm taking a family friend vet who just got home from chemotherapy at the VA hospital, a batch of my Finnish cardamom cookies. He doesn't have to go again until February.

Thank you for your military service.

It's not a gift. People everywhere are cheering and when the goons are laid off, they'll cheer even louder.
You think government employees are goons?

You don't even know them.
I think most federal agency employees are goons.
I think the vast majority of government employees are goons.

And yeah, I know them very well..that's how I know what they are.
That's a shame. I know many very nice people who are government employees. Also, I don't celebrate the misfortune of others.

Oh well. That's just me.
Its the politics of expanding the federal employee hirings that is the issue. Individuals who have lives is understood. Do you believe there are men and women working at fast food or wal mart type of employment who are more qualified then many people working for government?
That's not the issue at all. Read the posts in this thread and others. Some people are perfectly fine with the fact that government employees are not being paid right now. The reason? Simply because those people are government employees, and many here are trained to automatically dislike anything that has to do with the government.

The same party like to wrestle over raising the debt limit to pay bills to which we are already obligated.

Not a lot of rational thought there.
What does a government employee produce?

About the same as an accountant for a privately-held company. They produce a service that is most likely not empirically quantifiable, but still has intrinsic value in context.

I realize the conditioning requires a binary dislike for government, but it's simply neither rational nor useful.

/----/ Thank you for your service.

to you as well

Thank your wife for a fellow poster. I'm taking a family friend vet who just got home from chemotherapy at the VA hospital, a batch of my Finnish cardamom cookies. He doesn't have to go again until February.

Thank you for your military service.

Thank you, she has been wanting to go to the VA for a while, but wanted to get some experience under her belt first. She spent 16 years as Marine wife and has a passion for the Vets.

Finnish cardamom cookies sound amazing. I made some Swedish orange cardamom knots a couple months back, they were a hit at the office!

About the same as an accountant for a privately-held company. They produce a service that is most likely not empirically quantifiable, but still has intrinsic value in context.

I realize the conditioning requires a binary dislike for government, but it's simply neither rational nor useful.
A government employee does not provide a service but takes from the US taxpayer. Are you telling me that the IRS provides me a service while stealing from me, 10s of thousands of dollars a year, and then have it go into liberal elites hands that give it to liberal scumbags who are lazy fucks? Real nice service.

Jason Greenslate, Food Stamp Surfer, Responds To The Haters | HuffPost
The stories showed Greenslate buying sushi and lobster with a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program debit card. Greenslate plays in a rock band and laughed at the idea of getting a normal job.

“This is the way I want to live and I don’t really see anything changing,” Greenslate said in front of the news cameras. “It’s free food; it’s awesome.”

See quote below about the War on Poverty...Stop funding the unwinnable war, and you can get a balanced budget and less in poverty...

Forum List

Back