President Trump: I'm Saving Judge Amy Barrett For Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Seat

From what I've read RBG will be retiring.

Barret is another Constitutionalist like Kavanagh.

We need more like those two on the SC.

Trump has several possibilities, especially if he wins in 2020, Breyer (80), then RBG (86), Thomas (70), Sotomayor (64):
Thomas can cement his legacy and put a thumb in the dems' eye by retiring and letting Trump put in a young justice.
RBG, how long can she last? Amy Coney Barrett has her seat when she goes.
Breyer is 80, so is he waiting for RBG to go, can he last 2 Trump terms?
Sotomayor would be a bonus pick for Trump

Barret is an excellent choice. She, like Kavanaugh is a Constitutionalist. We need more like those two on the Supreme Court.

From what I've read RBG will retire in 2020. Lets hope that happens.

Excellent idea, Mr. President! Judge Barrett will make a fine conservative replacement. She's young at age 46 so she'll serve proudly for decades to come.

Amy_Barrett_CSpan.jpg

Trump says he is 'saving' Barrett for Ginsburg seat: Axios

When she is confirmed there will be a collective groan from the Democrats:

I CAN'T BARRETT!

There needs to be a mandatory retirement age for SCOTUS.

Just because someone is still breathing doesn’t mean they have the mental faculties to be one of 9 people making decisions that affect 350 million people.

My Mother in Her last years is proof of that.
I'd like to see Ruth do her own grocery shopping,pay her own bills,balance her own checkbook and drive to work.
If she cant do that she needs to go.
I haven't heard one single word about Ms. Ginsberg being mentally incapable, and to the contrary, I read that she was reading her lawbooks, the mail, and asking for reading materials while she was in the hospital waiting for her surgery.

She is not incapacitated unless her fellow judges know she is having mental issues. That has not come forward at all.

"You" havent heard a word?
Serious question. Has she sat in chamber with the other justices or has she worked from home?
My Mother could sound completely competent if you only talked to Her briefly.
Yet she could get lost between the grocery store and home.

I want to see her lucide and in public....of course the last time I saw her she was passed out during a state of the union address which doesnt bode well either.

HereWeGoAgain, I'm seeing a lot of people not respecting elderly folks these days, and I'm getting a touch of arthritis now and then. People's bodies can hurt, older people often don't sleep well at night due to the body's not making melatonin anymore, and they don't know about melatonin supplements. Their doctors won't or just dont' tell them because the pills are over the counter and reasonably priced. Doctors are tied to pharmacies who often claim to be better than homeopathic remedies. For example, if you make a past of baking soda with a little water, you can stop the pain of a burn in seconds, and it can soothe a mild sunburn until it heals. Doctors just won't tell people to go buy a box of baking soda, because it wasn't covered in their medical school training, and those sales folks in the pharmaceutical industry often do have a slightly better product, that's $50 a bottle, whereas a pound box of baking soda is about a dollar and doesn't change over years if it gets tucked behind other things in the kitchen shelves.

What I'm getting at, is older people often doze off when something seems a little boring. If she snores, someone will probably wake her up. Trust me, listening to a politician talk who's on the other side of the aisle can be exhausting, just because you don't see life the same way.

From what I've seen on this thread, is the liberal use of the F word, no reaching out to the other people, baiting a word war, etc.

Time for my melatonin.

Oh, and one thing more. I have to thank two mods--Meister and Kat, for helping me fix a problem I didn't know is mine. They may be political opponents or not, but the mods here if they were all like Meister and Kat, we'd all be much better friends.

I have a little exercise for some of you.

Exercise # 1

Make a list of 7 people you do not agree with at all.

AS a discipline in diplomacy, which means everything in problem solving, say something nice to just one of them per day. 7 days, 7 nice words.

Take the same list and when you pray at the end of your day, ask God to help you be courteous to the same person you said something nice to, and ask God to bless that person with something that person likes.

In seven days, you will be through your list. But you're not quite ready to be appointed ambassador to China yet.

Exercise #2

Instead of using trash talk, establish a list of words that are not swear words, but descriptive words. The words must contain at least 10 letters and must not be used to assassinate your political opponent's character, but to help him or her.

Exercise #3

Once you've established even the smallest courtesy to someone you're not usually courteous to, this is an exercise that you have to do for yourself.

Check your last 10 posts when talking to a poltical opponent. Write down the number of bad words you said to that person anywhere in your dialog.

How many different bad words did you use, or did they all start with an F? Take the word you used the most and refuse to use it today. It doesn't count unless you keep a notebook handy and see how long it takes you to get from 4 uses down to 0 uses of that word.

If you go for 7 days without using that bad word, you HAVE to treat yourself to a favorite entre somewhere--lobster, ribeye roast, filet mignon. Something really god. Eat and enjoy. you just got your first reward. To keep from ballooning only do this one time a week. If you are nauighty, and can't do it, it's a can of soup you don't like. Make a short list of stuff you don't like. That's what you get at the end of the week if you have been bad with that word. You have to have 7 CO"NSECUTIVE DAYS of either not using a bad word and 7 consecutive days where you use a descriptive 10-letter word that is not common usage and is not an insult, but a descriptive word nonetheless (adjective, if you will.)

See if you can't make USMB a better board, and see if it starts with you.

And I am not your monitor, I'm just telling you how to make this message board an effective problem-solver.

Or you can go on duking it out by being king of the dung mouontain, I don't care. There's a better way, but you can be cool if you find out with my little exercises that will make at least one person feel better, and that's yourself.

Make your own exercises if you don't like mine. You're very smart people here, but not if you continue doing nothing to manage your anger.

I just want you to be happier posters. This is going to be a hard time with politicians not showing us the way with their imbecilic behaviors and disgusting frameup and retribution programs.

Maybe they need to see the changes you can make just by developing a style of friendly posting. Hey, we all have a bad day. But when you develop self control online, you can change the number of bad days by decreasing them and increasing the number of good days you have.

'Nite all.

I generally agree with most of your posts...but not in this case.
I'm 53 and have gone through cancer,hip replacement and back surgery in the last three years and watched my mothers progression through dementia for the last four years until her death last Tuesday.
So to put it in perspective? I dont deal in niceties,I deal in reality.

And I most assuredly dont deal in made up social experiments.

Life can be hard and you need to learn what matters to you.
Me? It's about being true to a set level of honesty with no bullshit.
You see the truth in all things and never pull your punches even when they're directed at yourself.

I dont go for that whoa as me bullshit in other words,and I have no sympathy for those that do.

I too have had a loved one with dementia. My husband died of its heinous symptoms two years ago. He spent most of his life being a thoughtful, conservative man, but he had a sense of humor that made everybody adore him. I do not expect people to be like him, it would be impossible for them. Even so, that thoughtfulness of his remained for life to the last, althought he couldn't speak it.

When people give a little to others in the line item of respect, they get something back in return, known as satisfaction. That does not work for you, yet you are a valuable player on the conservative team, because you draw the line and stick to it. It's part and parcel of who you are, but last night I walked into a nightmare of warmongering with curses everywhere. We have all ages of people here, and not all of the "liberals" here are bald face liars like the current leadership in Washington, yet they seem to ignore how important being truthful is to traditional people, plus they gain when their leaders are so tuned in to feelings, they can be manipulated into a method of thinking that leads to a sorry end.

Part of my early training was two gymn instructors who engaged people to come to grip with negative emotions. And they supported southern family systems which included women who were tuned in to serving other people in order to make family gatherings something good to remember even when people have diverse ideas quite foreign to southern manners, and we were taught by these two fine women physical education to use language in an artful way to promote friendly competition, not competitiveness that led to aggressive public behavior, which is what puts people behind bars in a prison on a permanent basis if carried out to an extreme of killing the person opposing it.

Ruth Bader G. does team up with people who want women to be self-serving, hate-first earth scorchers rather than loving, charming women who raise gentle children and glue society together with chocolate chip cookies. She is a person who gives diversity to society through her hard work of researching and knowing the law. She seems to favor what leftists have come to embrace. It does and it does not represent the founders. It does, because it satisfies the portion of acceptance of people with different views. It does not because some of those views obviously lead to family breakups, serious hatemongering of traditional persons, no matter how good or bad they are, and I've noticed it does not promote any kind of accord among human beings, but discord if you have a different view. I'm not so sure I'm holding a mirror to the flaws of conservatives. I do know I have a family member who totally hates being bored, and carries it to the extreme of shunning you'd expect to see among Amish dissenters who accept people outside of their group. I'm not sure where that comes from, but it winds up in isolating people who have supported that person for life and never get over the betrayal of such an attitude that was never a part of that person's youth at least at home that was furnished at a huge sacrifice never acknowledged by that head-banging kid whose biwords are "I'm never going to grow up because I don't want to, and up yours if you don't like it."

The law protects people on the extremes so long as they do not take it to the next level, which is murder. Shunning is unpleasant and it tends to kill the soul but not the body. The best the law can do is to simply insure that a minimum of human murders occur in a society and incarcerate those who can't accept that limitation. The unfortunate thing about the law is that somebody has to pay for maintaining buggers who are so extreme that killing is their only method of finding satisfaction, and some find murder so satisfying, they repeat it surreptitiously and often. That doesn't seem to be the case here, but I have studied forensics enough to know that passive-aggressive behaviors do not end well in their extremes.

My P.E. instructors were correct. Learn the language. Use polite language to persuade. Use the right word. If the issue is complex, the words get larger and longer. Learn and use this language of ours sans the 4-letter words that take people to the next level of their aggressive feelings. People who study mass killers have learned something about it that is an eye-opener. Few mass killers ever start by killing people who let them in the door. They started young by killing turtles, pets, and other small creatures. For some reason, they found amusement in watching the creature squirm when poked, then go through phases of discomfort while being tortured to death. Half of the small children who find this amusement grow out of it and never go back to it. It is not obvious why, unless the intervention of an adult stopped the behavior and convinced the child that was unacceptable. A lack of intervention whether by the death of a caring parent, the parent's mental illness, or other feature in the child's perception causes continuance of torture to include an acquaintance, which simply requires detachment which is labeled well as asocial behavior. If asocial behavior takes over a child's soul in an irreversible manner, you get a Son of Sam Berkowitz and a plethora of hapless victims.

This taking party crap too far on either side has led to people going to a recreational facility and a Democrat man shooting at Republican Congressmen. It could well go the other way if we do not learn to use the language in a way that persuades, and we can take that back to the first human killing between Cain and Abel. For unknown reasons, Abel's hunting captured his father's heart, but Cain's faithfulness to the land and growing vegetables did not. It was taken to the point that Cain felt isolated and constantly jealous of Abel's do-no-wrong that pleased his father. The end result was Cain killing Abel and his subsequent banishment for life from his family. Even so, he procured a promise from God that he would be protected from others in spite of his egregious crime if he never repeated it again. It left his parents childless until Seth was born. Can we learn something from Cain and Abel that will heal our rift in politics today? I don't know. Like Cain, the Democrats have decided that religion is bad and they can do better than religion. They've built, however, another kind of religion that revolves around self-servingness and banishment of courtesy as a method of crowd control by promising people in unions safety in numbers, with the giving-up of decision-making in politics and left to the experts. In this case, the experts have resorted to subtle-but-imperious deception to obtain a goal that excludes traditional righties, which doesn't go down and can't be beaten down our throats. Calling each other names is a pretty bad way to communicate. Calling out a behavior is a better way, but it takes a vocabulary to fight it online.

Excluding each other is not an option in politics of American values.

Please, by all means, engage in the behavior or method of your choice, but defending the Constitution requires the ability to persuade, not the ability to call people unacceptable names. Go after the behavior, do not go after the character. Both sides.

Otherwise, the Democrats will continue their course of deception to achieve goals, and Republicans will have to walk through the smell of it. Neither method--prolific name-calling nor cheating is acceptable in my book, yet that's how this American dialogue goes. The law will come in, and its rule must be acceptable to both sides. The Democrats need to quit the lying and supporting lying bullshit, and the Republicans need to ensure that fighting fire with fire is not always doing more than burning Rome down to the ground, so to speak, which leaves the nation vulnerable to the strongest bully on the world's block, and we better clean up our act, because the hounds of hell always wind up on the doorstep of a divorced house.

It's in your hands.

Ginsburg needs to do her part to make this happen
She HAS. The Swamp is pretending she's still alive

She is being kept on ice.......like the movie "Weekend At Bernie's"? They finally couldn't parade her corpse around any longer without fumigating. They had no other choice but "shelve" her in a refrigerated unit as her decaying corpse was stinking up the place.
Did it involve chemtrails, this "being kept on ice"?

All Democrats have to do is keep RBG alive for 6 more years....or attempt to pull a Cain / Kavanaugh against a woman when the time comes...
6 more years? Is the Russian fix in for 2020 already?

6 more years? Is the Russian fix in for 2020 already?
Is Obama President....is Hillary running again? If not, there won't be any illegal Russian collusion like there was in 2014 and / through 2016.

There needs to be a mandatory retirement age for SCOTUS.

Just because someone is still breathing doesn’t mean they have the mental faculties to be one of 9 people making decisions that affect 350 million people.

In that case, the aforementioned retirement age would have to also apply to Congress and the Executive Branch as well.

Why? States have mandatory retirement for judges and not necessarily all government employees, but if I follow you, I would be fine with a mandatory retirement age of 80 for anyone associated with the government in any way...from POTUS to toilet cleaners.

Who cares what the states do. There are also many states that make it virtually impossible to carry a gun. Should the federal government do the same thing?

You are basing your suggestion on the alleged decline in mental faculties of a person, come a certain age. How someone be too diminished mentally to be trusted to be a good judge, yet not so diminished as to be a member of Congress? Or the President?

Forum List

Back