🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

President Trump ordered flags at half-mast!

I'm sure he also called for prayers for the dead, wounded and their loved ones in Ohio, Texas, Florida, Connecticut, et all other states and communities devastated by gun violence.

If he had anything in mind but his own political situation, he would have ordered our flag at half-mast upside down, until the Congress passed laws which require more effective nation wide background checks.

Flying our flag in such away would put the issue of gun control on the Front Page for more than a day, and every government building would remind the public of how guns destroy lives, of victims and their loved ones.

But of course he won't, nor will the members of Congress who accept "donations" from the NRA and the Gun Lobby.

That's strange.

Obama ordered all flags flown at half staff after the Sandy Hook shooting. Oddly, you were silent on the matter.

Obama School Shooting Proclamation: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff After Newtown Massacre | HuffPost

Obama's EO to order the flags at half staff didn't stop mass murders. Three times in a week seemed to me to need more than flying the flag at half staff. Up-Side-Down will bring more people to attention and many won't know its meaning.

In response to more mass shootings than days past in 2019, our citizens are in distress, an Up-Side-Down Flag is a call for help.

Sadly Moscow Mitch won't heed that call.

You may not be a Commie, but you're damn sure a totalitarian piece of shit.

The gun violence isn't all Trump's fault

The NRA Has Long Urged Americans To Arm Themselves Against An Immigrant Invasion
The El Paso shooter reportedly used language eerily similar to the gun lobby’s own xenophobic rhetoric.
There is a noticeable lack of link in your post. But chances are good it's leftist bullshit anyway. Don't worry about it.
Are they wrong?
Link it.

For example, in 2010 Arizona passed a law that required state law enforcement officers to engage in racial profiling and ask for the immigration papers of anyone they suspected of being in the country illegally. When the Department of Justice filed a lawsuit to block the law, arguing it was unconstitutional, the NRA accused the Obama administration of abandoning Arizonans who supposedly lived in fear of violent immigrants.

“While terrorized residents throw their deadbolts, draw their blinds and pray not to have their homes invaded or their kids kidnapped in Arizona, in Washington, D.C., the ruling elite bask in the safety of their 24-hour security and scream with outrage at Arizona’s law — all because they insist upon playing political games with our lives,” said Wayne LaPierre, the NRA’s chief executive.

The bloodshed in El Paso happened in an atmosphere the NRA helped create, as part of its decades-long crusade to frighten white Americans into buying guns and opposing any type of legal restrictions on gun ownership. Once a mostly apolitical group focused on hunting and conservation, the modern-day NRA relies on xenophobic fearmongering as the basis for its legitimacy.

The shift toward fringe right-wing politics dates back to 1977, when gun rights extremists took control of the group and installed as its leader Harlon Carter, a former Border Patrol chief who preached, “No compromise. No gun legislation.” In 1981, reporters discovered that Carter, as a teenager, shot and killed a 15-year-old Mexican boy he suspected of having information about his family’s stolen car. Carter’s murder conviction was eventually overturned on a technicality.

Carter said in a statement that he regretted the incident, but he stopped short of apologizing. At any other organization, such a revelation would likely have been career-ending. But Carter kept his job as the head of the NRA. By that point, his actions as a teenager were mostly in line with the group’s own messaging ― that lawbreaking foreigners were invading the country and Americans needed guns to protect themselves.

That messaging worked. The NRA’s membership soared under Carter’s leadership, The Daily Beast reported. Since then, the group has cultivated a loyal base, portraying itself as the last line of defense against a tyrannical government that’s coming for Americans’ guns. Although the NRA casts itself as a single-issue lobbying group, it has become just as anti-immigrant as it is pro-gun. One cause reinforces the other: The need for guns becomes more imperative if there is someone to fear.

In a leaked 2006 brochure, the NRA fretted: “To criminal aliens, America is a giant supermarket and nobody’s minding the store.” The brochure featured a hyperbolically racist illustration of gang members.
I'm not reading anything you copy and paste without a link to the source.

I really don't know why you can't understand this simple concept.

I'm sure he also called for prayers for the dead, wounded and their loved ones in Ohio, Texas, Florida, Connecticut, et all other states and communities devastated by gun violence.

If he had anything in mind but his own political situation, he would have ordered our flag at half-mast upside down, until the Congress passed laws which require more effective nation wide background checks.

Flying our flag in such away would put the issue of gun control on the Front Page for more than a day, and every government building would remind the public of how guns destroy lives, of victims and their loved ones.

But of course he won't, nor will the members of Congress who accept "donations" from the NRA and the Gun Lobby.

That's strange.

Obama ordered all flags flown at half staff after the Sandy Hook shooting. Oddly, you were silent on the matter.

Obama School Shooting Proclamation: Flags To Be Flown At Half-Staff After Newtown Massacre | HuffPost

Obama's EO to order the flags at half staff didn't stop mass murders. Three times in a week seemed to me to need more than flying the flag at half staff. Up-Side-Down will bring more people to attention and many won't know its meaning.

In response to more mass shootings than days past in 2019, our citizens are in distress, an Up-Side-Down Flag is a call for help.

Sadly Moscow Mitch won't heed that call.
"In response to more mass shootings than days past in 2019..."

Odd. Mother Jones lists only 7mass shootings in 2019.

I guess they're just an NRA propaganda mouthpiece, huh?

How would a background check have stopped Patrick Wood Crusius from getting a gun legally and killing a bunch of people in El Paso?

Ah, it's the time of the year to donate to NRA again.

Who by the way were in no way responsible. Leftists education system on the other hand... we should strip their funds until they get their marginalization of males under control.

How would a background check have stopped Patrick Wood Crusius from getting a gun legally and killing a bunch of people in El Paso?

Common sense gun regulations may not prevent a monster from getting a gun, but no regulations assure a monster will get a gun and kill innocent people.

Common sense gun regulations may not prevent a monster from getting a gun, but no regulations assure a monster will get a gun and kill innocent people.
What regulation would have prevented El Paso?

An Assault type rifle ban.
Impeaching Trump.

We get it, Wry. You don't like President Trump. Do you really feel the need to prove yet again that you are a leftist tool by criticizing him for honoring dead Americans?

What's to like about Donald Trump? He's a self serving, callous narcissist who lies constantly and has ruined the lives of many good men and women.

An Assault type rifle ban.
Impeaching Trump.
Criminals dont recognize bans. Youre dumb for thinking that was a good answer.

We get it, Wry. You don't like President Trump. Do you really feel the need to prove yet again that you are a leftist tool by criticizing him for honoring dead Americans?

What's to like about Donald Trump? He's a self serving, callous narcissist who lies constantly and has ruined the lives of many good men and women.
Pffft. Tell it to your DSM manual.

Tell it to your DSM manual.

I don't talk to books, books talk to me and I listen (metaphorically). Mocking the DSM is anti-intellectual rhetoric, though I suspect the mocking was directed more at me.

It's unfortunate that trump supporters don't see what I see, and how his behavior is demonstrative of so many Clusters described under Personality Disorders.

Tell it to your DSM manual.

I don't talk to books, books talk to me and I listen (metaphorically). Mocking the DSM is anti-intellectual rhetoric, though I suspect the mocking was directed more at me.

It's unfortunate that trump supporters don't see what I see, and how his behavior is demonstrative of so many Clusters described under Personality Disorders.
Uh huh. Ever read about the main reason internet know-it-alls are so insufferable? It's because they have no sense of humor. There's probably a Cluster for it.

That's the simpleton's way of approaching this. We are not looking to prevent every bad act, but also to lessen the damage. Making harder for the wrong people to get the firepower this guy in el paso had would be a step in the right direction. If that means making it harder for eveeyone to get it, I am fine with that.

It's our own fault because of the folks we send to represent us in Washington. Although I truly believe we would be best represented if our representatives were selected jury style and rid ourselves of all the lawyers and professional politicians.

That's the simpleton's way of approaching this. We are not looking to prevent every bad act, but also to lessen the damage. Making harder for the wrong people to get the firepower this guy in el paso had would be a step in the right direction. If that means making it harder for eveeyone to get it, I am fine with that.
What regulation would stop a criminal?

Forum List

Back