President Trump says shootings a societal problem.

Funny, he did not think that way when it came to bump-stocks and red flag laws.

“Take the guns first. Go through due process second"

-
D. Trump 2018

Now some claim that he was influenced by the NRA but I hold that people are responsible for the words that come out of their mouth.

Regardless, what he said was exactly right. I don’t agree with the banning of bump stocks or red-flag laws due to the subjectiveness of what would qualify, but there is little doubt that gun owners are much safer with Trump than any Democrat.

These shooters know that the media will make them famous. In a social media society, a shortcut to becoming a household name appeals to these crazies. Their death will be remembered.
Sure, at least for a week or two.

Regardless, what he said was exactly right. I don’t agree with the banning of bump stocks or red-flag laws due to the subjectiveness of what would qualify, but there is little doubt that gun owners are much safer with Trump than any Democrat.
Well yeah but it's not all that comforting.....I really think it just boils down to who gets to him first with the most pull and appeals to his narcissism the most.

Remember, he still has dem/NYC roots, voted dem for years, and his anti-2A stance came to the fore a lot quicker than I would have thought after Las Vegas.

Of course I'll vote for him in the general if he gets the nomination but I won't be voting for him in the primary.

That’s a good point… I do fear for the safety of our precious gun owners. They are top of the list for classes in need of protection in America! Haha

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
If diversity is our problem like many of you just claimed then that is evidence that we do have a serious issue with racism in America. Do you agree?
Yes, racism from the left against white people.

They will literally say they’re succeeding because they don’t have a lot of white people. They will proudly declare they will reject people because they are white.

Horrible things to say, yet the latest instance where racism is rampant in the Democrat party. Slavery, Jim Crow, now woke race quotas. All the same exact logic, all the product of Democrats. It’s a predictable trend now.

Interesting… what’s the difference?
Want to know the difference?

You bring your leftist basketball team of diverse representation of all the best men/women/trans, Gay/straight, white/black/Asian/Latino/middle eastern… all of that. They all must be represented so says leftist doctrine. You bring the Super diverse team.

I’ll bring my non-diverse team of the best 5 tall black straight biological men…

Let’s put $5000 on it, and see what wins. Team super-diversity or team non-diversity. Let’s see how strong diversity merely for the sake of itself is.

LOL

You’d achieve your race-exclusionary diversity with token representations of people… and you’d get smoked by the non-racist, most qualified meritocracy.

Last edited:
"This is not a gun problem," he added, as he batted cleanup for a long list of Republican officials and office seekers. "This is a mental health problem, this is a social problem, this is a cultural problem, this is a spiritual problem."

And he is absolutely correct. America is around 250 years old. Weve always had guns and always had people. Shootings have only become a serious issue in the past 10 or 15 years. They have existed longer but in a vastly decreased amount.

So the question that begs answering is what has changed in the past 20 years? The answer is our society.

We need a better society, not better gun control. We need more values, morals, standards, and not more gun control. If you get rid of all the guns right now instantly the criminals and nutballs will still be left behind that want to hurt people. But what happens if we get rid of the criminals and nutballs? If you have a country of better people you need less laws, more laws is a sign of a society of not so good people.

I hope you have sent a copy of this to Bragg in NY

he doesn't get it that when you don't prosecute violent crime and you let people out of jail the next day after their crimes... DUH

that means more crime. Dude needs to get educated

Do they shoot up schools, churches, synagogues, movie theaters, concerts, malls, etc.? Do their kids have to pass through gun detectors to get to class? Does anyone get shot because someone doesn`t like the way they drive?

You mean other than these?

They have them, and if you grouped the countries of Europe to equal the land mass of the U.S. and the population level, they wouldn't be far off from us.....France has had some horrible mass public shootings....as has Germany and other countries in Europe....

On 25 June 2022, two people were killed and twenty-one people were wounded in a mass shooting in Oslo, Norway. Police are treating the incident as an "act of Islamist terrorism". The target may have been the Oslo LGBTQ pride event, which was hosted by the local branch of the Norwegian Organisation for Sexual and Gender Diversity.[4]

Police arrested Zaniar Matapour, a Norwegian citizen from Sanandaj, Iran, who had lived in Norway since 1991.[5][6][7] They later confirmed that they had known of Matapour since 2015, saying that he had been radicalized into Islamic extremism.[3] They also said he had a "history of violence and threats", as well as mental health issues.[8] He has been charged with murder, attempted murder, and terrorism.[9]

The 2011 Norway attacks, referred to in Norway as 22 July (Norwegian: 22. juli)[13] or as 22/7,[14] were two domestic terrorist attacks by neo-Nazi Anders Behring Breivik against the government, the civilian population, and a Workers' Youth League (AUF) summer camp, in which 77 people were killed.

No, hence, the reason he said, "This is a mental health problem, this is a social problem, this is a cultural problem, this is a spiritual problem."

What about that was confusing to you?

The part that wasn't focused entirely on guns.........

Yes, racism from the left against white people.

They will literally say they’re succeeding because they don’t have a lot of white people. They will proudly declare they will reject people because they are white.

Horrible things to say, yet the latest instance where racism is rampant in the Democrat party. Slavery, Jim Crow, now woke race quotas. All the same exact logic, all the product of Democrats. It’s a predictable trend now.
So you think the lefts racism against white people is a main cause for gun violence in America?? If so, can you connect the dots for me?

So you think the lefts racism against white people is a main cause for gun violence in America?? If so, can you connect the dots for me?
You said if one questions the notion of diversity for diversity’s strength (aka racism.. participation dictated by skin color), they were racist.

I pointed out the only thing racist is the thing your peddling.

Now you’re sprinting from this and running back to gun violence. Not very honest in debate there.. why don’t you stick around and address the things you’ve accused and claimed?

If diversity is our problem like many of you just claimed then that is evidence that we do have a serious issue with racism in America. Do you agree?

That would all depend on what you consider racism. Leftists have used the word so much it lost it's original dictionary meaning.

I live in a predominately black suburb. I hate it. I think back to how great this city was before the blacks moved in and destroyed it. Do you consider that racism? A lot of leftists do. I don't hate skin color, but I do hate how people with different color skin conduct themselves. Leftists consider that to be racist.

And again, answer me this:

You bring your leftist basketball team of diverse representation of all the best men/women/trans, Gay/straight, white/black/Asian/Latino/middle eastern… all of that. They all must be represented so says leftist doctrine. You bring the Super diverse team.

I’ll bring my non-diverse team of the best 5 tall black straight biological men…

Let’s put $5000 on it, and see what wins. Team super-diversity or team non-diversity. Let’s see how strong diversity merely for the sake of itself is.

LOL

You’d achieve your race-exclusionary diversity with token representations of people… and you’d get smoked by the non-racist, most qualified meritocracy.

Do they shoot up schools, churches, synagogues, movie theaters, concerts, malls, etc.? Do their kids have to pass through gun detectors to get to class? Does anyone get shot because someone doesn`t like the way they drive?

No, and that proves the point that guns aren't the problem--the type of people are the problem.

Trump is correct and the Biden-controlled media is forced to counter it with Yahoo stating that most Americans want AR-15's banned. This is a nazi-democrat-controlled media copulating with the State, further explained in this video:

Musk: You Lied

"This is not a gun problem," he added, as he batted cleanup for a long list of Republican officials and office seekers. "This is a mental health problem, this is a social problem, this is a cultural problem, this is a spiritual problem."

And he is absolutely correct. America is around 250 years old. Weve always had guns and always had people. Shootings have only become a serious issue in the past 10 or 15 years. They have existed longer but in a vastly decreased amount.

So the question that begs answering is what has changed in the past 20 years? The answer is our society.

We need a better society, not better gun control. We need more values, morals, standards, and not more gun control. If you get rid of all the guns right now instantly the criminals and nutballs will still be left behind that want to hurt people. But what happens if we get rid of the criminals and nutballs? If you have a country of better people you need less laws, more laws is a sign of a society of not so good people.

I agree with some of what he said. The real problem is there is little deterrent for people that illegally use a gun. Shoot somebody and not kill them, it's an assault charge. Use a gun in an armed robbery, it's a couple of years in prison and even less if you live in a Democrat controlled area with Democrat judges and DAs.

Spiritual problem? You bet. If you don't believe in a God, you have nothing to fear killing 15 people and then yourself. No God--no penalty.

I agree with some of what he said. The real problem is there is little deterrent for people that illegally use a gun. Shoot somebody and not kill them, it's an assault charge. Use a gun in an armed robbery, it's a couple of years in prison and even less if you live in a Democrat controlled area with Democrat judges and DAs.

Spiritual problem? You bet. If you don't believe in a God, you have nothing to fear killing 15 people and then yourself. No God--no penalty.

I took him to mean not so much like normal crimes but shooters that go out not to steal, drug related or anything but just to intentionally kill people.

But yes we need to be tougher on crime and treat criminals like criminals. If you go out and intentionally, knowingly and willingly shoot someone you should be executed.

But the root cause of like school shooters and such is a societal problem because it didn't use to be a bigger problem not even that long ago.

Forum List

Back