President Trump Suggests Those Getting A Check Have To Do SOMETHING To Earn It...

The federal aid should go back to the states who paid it and the states should decide on the rules for the recipients.

It's a grandstand, get more votes, move.. Most of what it wants to cover is already done by the States. If a state wants that type of program they can have it. I support the state doing just that.

And there are plenty of "Jobs" that these people can do. Even if it's only a day a week or a couple of hours a day. Same goes for unemployment insurance. How much skill does it take to fill a pothole using a shovel, rake and a wheel barrow with proper supervision. How much skill does it take to pick up trash along highways. How much skill does it take to be a school crossing guard. And then there are the non profits that could use assistance as well. No American should be GIVEN anything.

SNAP is NOT a federal program. Yes, Federal money does go into it but so does state and county funds. It's administered by the State and County as well as the Metros and towns. What I would like to see is for them to clean that system up. Why is Energy Drinks and Soft Drinks on the list of what you can buy along with a lot of other "Luxury" items? The Frauds that have gone on have been done using these items. Just take them off the list. And let's not forget the Cash Withdrawals as well. If they want cash, I am sure that there is some kind off labor that can be done for the community for that "Cash". Get the "'Cash" off the Snap system.

But it's not up to the Federals to do it. It must happen from the States. And any Federal that keeps saying, "Here, let me" will lose in a Federal Court as that would be deemed Unconstitutional big time. What the Feds can do is to remove the money they are sending for those programs until the State starts doing it smarter. But that's it. The State can tell the Feds to keep their money and go pound sand.
We don't need facts, thank you. (-:

And who says the fed govt can't control everything?

Careful, Karl.

...not just sit on their ass until time to walk to the mailbox to pick up their tax-payer funded check.

President Trump proposes vast work-for-benefits requirements, setting up clash with Libs in Congress

Before any snowflakes star raising hell ....ignorantly... please make sure you fully understand that THERE ALREAYD ARE FOR-BENEFITS WORK REQUIREMENTS. President Trump is not creatnig anything NEW - he is calling for their expansion.

"The budget aims to implement new welfare requirements -- namely, that Americans 18-65 years old work at least 20 hours a week in a job, a job training program or a community service program to secure a range of benefits and aid.

According to the administration, the work requirement would apply to federal programs like food stamps, Medicaid, and federal housing, but would come with a hardship exemption.
Last year, the administration opened the door for states to impose work requirements for Medicaid recipients. This part of the budget proposal would bring those work requirements to the federal level.

The proposal would represent an expansion of work requirements, though some already are in place. For the past several administrations, able-bodied recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food stamps) have mostly had to work at least 80 hours a month -- while recipients of traditional welfare known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) have also faced work requirements."

Trump releases budget seeking billions for border wall, work requirements for welfare programs

Of course, no one who is not physically unable to work will not have their benefits stripped from them.

IMO, the 'possibility of Random Drug Tests' should also be included, and anyone who gets caught in one of these random (rare) drug tests as doing illegal drugs while able-bodied and not working should be booted from the programs...IMHO...

while I am for this, the devil is in the details. But I do hope he can make it happen.

why do leftists feel black women can't work? why do we run across these racist people all the time?

The federal aid should go back to the states who paid it and the states should decide on the rules for the recipients.

It's a grandstand, get more votes, move.. Most of what it wants to cover is already done by the States. If a state wants that type of program they can have it. I support the state doing just that.

And there are plenty of "Jobs" that these people can do. Even if it's only a day a week or a couple of hours a day. Same goes for unemployment insurance. How much skill does it take to fill a pothole using a shovel, rake and a wheel barrow with proper supervision. How much skill does it take to pick up trash along highways. How much skill does it take to be a school crossing guard. And then there are the non profits that could use assistance as well. No American should be GIVEN anything.

SNAP is NOT a federal program. Yes, Federal money does go into it but so does state and county funds. It's administered by the State and County as well as the Metros and towns. What I would like to see is for them to clean that system up. Why is Energy Drinks and Soft Drinks on the list of what you can buy along with a lot of other "Luxury" items? The Frauds that have gone on have been done using these items. Just take them off the list. And let's not forget the Cash Withdrawals as well. If they want cash, I am sure that there is some kind off labor that can be done for the community for that "Cash". Get the "'Cash" off the Snap system.

But it's not up to the Federals to do it. It must happen from the States. And any Federal that keeps saying, "Here, let me" will lose in a Federal Court as that would be deemed Unconstitutional big time. What the Feds can do is to remove the money they are sending for those programs until the State starts doing it smarter. But that's it. The State can tell the Feds to keep their money and go pound sand.

they can't.

SNAP is a nutrition program. It uses federal fund to reimburse schools in the program for meals served. They get reimbursed for all meal served including to kids who are from household that do not qualify for other types of assistance based on household income. But seriously the amount they get is not really a whole hell of a lot.

What Benefits Can You Expect If You're Eligible for SNAP?

But I have no problem with making able bodies do some kind of work if that is what the State decided. I think localities should be given more leeway for poverty stricken areas.

They have more leeway. Jesse Ventura started a program when he was Governor that has been largely adopted and works quite well. Unfortunately, some have found ways around that as well. But it's tough to condemn the poor for using loopholes to cheat the system when we encourage the uber rich to do the same.

SNAP is a nutrition program. It uses federal fund to reimburse schools in the program for meals served. They get reimbursed for all meal served including to kids who are from household that do not qualify for other types of assistance based on household income. But seriously the amount they get is not really a whole hell of a lot.

But I have no problem with making able bodies do some kind of work if that is what the State decided. I think localities should be given more leeway for poverty stricken areas.

They have more leeway. Jesse Ventura started a program when he was Governor that has been largely adopted and works quite well. Unfortunately, some have found ways around that as well. But it's tough to condemn the poor for using loopholes to cheat the system when we encourage the uber rich to do the same.
except that the uber rich pay for the uber poor. right?

...not just sit on their ass until time to walk to the mailbox to pick up their tax-payer funded check.

President Trump proposes vast work-for-benefits requirements, setting up clash with Libs in Congress

Before any snowflakes star raising hell ....ignorantly... please make sure you fully understand that THERE ALREAYD ARE FOR-BENEFITS WORK REQUIREMENTS. President Trump is not creatnig anything NEW - he is calling for their expansion.

"The budget aims to implement new welfare requirements -- namely, that Americans 18-65 years old work at least 20 hours a week in a job, a job training program or a community service program to secure a range of benefits and aid.

According to the administration, the work requirement would apply to federal programs like food stamps, Medicaid, and federal housing, but would come with a hardship exemption.
Last year, the administration opened the door for states to impose work requirements for Medicaid recipients. This part of the budget proposal would bring those work requirements to the federal level.

The proposal would represent an expansion of work requirements, though some already are in place. For the past several administrations, able-bodied recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food stamps) have mostly had to work at least 80 hours a month -- while recipients of traditional welfare known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) have also faced work requirements."

Trump releases budget seeking billions for border wall, work requirements for welfare programs

Of course, no one who is not physically unable to work will not have their benefits stripped from them.

IMO, the 'possibility of Random Drug Tests' should also be included, and anyone who gets caught in one of these random (rare) drug tests as doing illegal drugs while able-bodied and not working should be booted from the programs...IMHO...

while I am for this, the devil is in the details. But I do hope he can make it happen.

He can't. It isn't the Federal Government's job. It's the States Job. Anything like this passed (even if it were passed by congress and signed into law by the president) would be bounced by the courts in about 2 minutes.

they can't.
Tell Trrumpting Trump. LOL

The Uber rich doesn't pay a dime for any social programs. He starts out at a reasonable tax rate but by the time he gets finished with his deductions, slight of hands and downright cheats, he pays almost nothing of his actual tax bill. And mega corporations don't pay any taxes at all and haven't for years.

A single mother with young children...are they going to work?

What about two adults in a household, do they both have to work?
well my daughters all did, and my first wife did. why can't someone like these women? you know the lazy ones who use kids as a cover.

who watched the kids?

they can't.
Tell Trrumpting Trump. LOL
tell him what? I'll be happy to bend his ear. get it 'bend' his ear?

well my daughters all did, and my first wife did. why can't someone like these women? you know the lazy ones who use kids as a cover.

who watched the kids?

Ah, you just brought up another program that is badly needed for low income parents where you are charged according to your income. Imagine that.

From the guy that was a millionaire at age 8. WTF do you think he did to earn that?

who watched the kids?
seriously? too fking funny. My family who didn't work. ever hear of grandparents? or are you saying that not only doesn't the father get rights, neither do grandparents? Are you now going to say the grandparents want their kids to die? well you are for abortion, so, shit, got it.

From the guy that was a millionaire at age 8. WTF do you think he did to earn that?
his father worked, his father worked. so? his family's choice. you like choice right? dude you should really do something about that hard on you got.

The Uber rich doesn't pay a dime for any social programs.
Why do Socialist Democrats / Liberals / Democrats / snowflakes refuse to acknowledge individuals using their own money to help the poor, needy, etc...?

Democrats do not recognize individual, personal charity (unless it is 'Hillary's :p). They have even tried to stop it in some cases in the past, believing they can use your money to help others (and mainly themselves) better than 'you' can.

The Rich just squander their wealth on themselves? Really?

25 Super Rich People Who Use Their Money To Help The World

These 50 Americans Gave Away The Most Money In 2017

Democrats believe ALL the money is THEIRS. What you have is what they allow you to have. They believe they are smarter than you, can spend that money better than you can, and thus want to be the sole source of 'charity' / help to strengthen the dependency on government.

This belief of yours is as stupid as AOC saying we leave people without jobs to die.

Yeah, and the tiny amount of aid that goes to the uber poor guy's kids helps him/her grow up to be able to volunteer for our uber strong Military. Then he or she can deploy overseas to one of our uber necessary wars to protect the uber rich guys (and uber kids) uber fortune.

Over-ubering????

The Uber rich doesn't pay a dime for any social programs.
Why do Socialist Democrats / Liberals / Democrats / snowflakes refuse to acknowledge individuals using their own money to help the poor, needy, etc...?

Democrats do not recognize individual, personal charity (unless it is 'Hillary's :p). They have even tried to stop it in some cases in the past, believing they can use your money to help others (and mainly themselves) better than 'you' can.

The Rich just squander their wealth on themselves? Really?

25 Super Rich People Who Use Their Money To Help The World

These 50 Americans Gave Away The Most Money In 2017

Democrats believe ALL the money is THEIRS. What you have is what they allow you to have. They believe they are smarter than you, can spend that money better than you can, and thus want to be the sole source of 'charity' / help to strengthen the dependency on government.

This belief of yours is as stupid as AOC saying we leave people without jobs to die.

Charles Kaufman donated to the Pittsburgh Foundation which does a tremendous amount of good for all levels of income in Pittsburgh. He is the only one that really made a difference. Or at least tried to make a difference.

When Iooked at the others, I saw that most donated to rich Hospitals that the poor will never get the use of other than the emergency rooms, Universities, Museums and such. Some actually gave small amounts to programs for the poor but the huge amounts to the rich peoples toys and education that the poor will never be able to benefit from. Then they get to write it all off their taxes so they can pay little or no tax so that any government program that benefits the poor, whether it is a health, work, etc., will either just scrape by or fail. There is a reason that before Reagan, there was a graduated tax amount where anyone making over X amount payed up to 90% taxes on anything made above that amount. It paid for the roads, bridges, social programs, and more. The Uber Rich had to pay it BEFORE they had a chance to cheat the system as bad as they do today.

This method of Taxation paid for our infrastructure and made America Greater than any other country in the world. We had the best education, transportation, etc. systems in the world. Since it was done away with, our roads, bridges, railroads, education system, etc. is just above many 3rd world countries. We don't even rate as an average 1st world country any more.

Yeah, and the tiny amount of aid that goes to the uber poor guy's kids helps him/her grow up to be able to volunteer for our uber strong Military. Then he or she can deploy overseas to one of our uber necessary wars to protect the uber rich guys (and uber kids) uber fortune.

Over-ubering????
well the uber rich give jobs to the uber middle class as well as paying for the uber poor. It is uber rich that allowed you to use your uber computer to have this uber conversation. you wouldn't even have uber toilet paper without uber rich.

Forum List

Back