Presidential approval during first year in office

The OP is sorely mistaken if he thinks most people give a flying frell about the biased polling of the corrupt Fake News Media.

(Let the "fake news" mantra begin among Trump cultists....LOL)

Donald Trump has had the worst approval rating at the end of his first calendar year in the White House since the dawn of modern polling, sinking to a new low of 35% in a new CNN poll in December.

George W. Bush ended his first calendar year at 86% approval (right after the devastating 9-11 attack) , John F. Kennedy hit 77%, George H.W. Bush reached 71% and Dwight Eisenhower hit 69%.
Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama all finished their first calendar year with approval ratings in the mid-to-high 50s.

Ronald Reagan, previously holder of the worst approval rating in December of a first year in the White House, finished his first calendar year at 49%. (Note: There's time to recover; Reagan cruised to a landslide reelection despite this distinction.)
This is according to a half century of available polling data from CNN, CNN/ORC, CNN/USA Today/Gallup and Gallup.

Trump maintains strong approval numbers among those in his own party — 85% — but struggles with independents at 33% and Democrats at just 4%.
The CNN Poll was conducted by SSRS December 14-17 among a random national sample of 1,001 adults reached on landlines or cellphones by a live interviewer.

Trump's approval rating just entered a league of its own - CNNPolitics
/----/ Enjoy this, Nat: Year One List: 81 major Trump achievements, 11 Obama legacy items repealed

The Press/Hollywood hate machine always relentlessly attacks Republican Presidents aaaaand it's about 95% cultural, not policy

I often buy the Washington Examiner........its one of those publications that my parakeet LOVES to poop on...........LOL
/----/ Ahhhhh the old Liberal standby. You can't refute the message so you attack the messenger.

Well 2CellBrain........The Washington Examiner is handed out FREE because the billionaire who founded the rag has more money than brains...The publisher, Anschutz, is an arch conservative who makes no pretense of actually having any objectivity.........So, YOU (as the moron that you surely are) can take this rag seriously.........Others, not so much.....

ALWAYS bear in mind that as far as LEGISLATION goes, Trump got to sign just ONE law......the rest is his EOs rants of"I hate anything that Obama did because I am not as good as he was and he made fun of me a lot".....

Philip Anschutz, Owner of Coachella and Supporter of the Far-Right ...

The OP is sorely mistaken if he thinks most people give a flying frell about the biased polling of the corrupt Fake News Media.

No, no......NOT "most people" ....you will ALWAYS have that 1/3 of the population (you included) who have joined the Trump Cult.....

Always remember that the

DOJ, FBI, CIA, Courts' system, the media and 65% of the population are all against you....and the rest of the world is laughing at both you and the orange clown....

HOWEVER, you will always have on your side, Putin, David Duke and maybe Netanyahu as long as we give him $40 billion per year.

Right wing paranoia, much????

The OP needs to educate herself on polling. How to Read a Political Poll

Yes, yes. 2CelledBrain........I do access this forum to learn from your vast "experience" and erudite posts.......and here you offer a fantastic bit of education on how to read polls......

Now, let's say if Rasmussen had Trump polling at an approval of 70%, would an IDIOT like you choose to believe THAT poll????

LOL

No, no......NOT "most people" ....you will ALWAYS have that 1/3 of the population (you included) who have joined the Trump Cult.....

Always remember that the

DOJ, FBI, CIA, Courts' system, the media and 65% of the population are all against you....and the rest of the world is laughing at both you and the orange clown....

HOWEVER, you will always have on your side, Putin, David Duke and maybe Netanyahu as long as we give him $40 billion per year.

Right wing paranoia, much????

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't worship Trump nor do I think he is some sort of "god", like you moonbats do regarding Obabble. The Cult is your construct, bub.

Does this mean he is leaving ?

Didn't think so.

Of course, he [Trump?] isn't leaving (YET).....Well, fuck, there's a lot more golfing to be done at Mar-A-Largo and TV spots where he can tell his sheep flock how great he is..LOL

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint, but I don't worship Trump nor do I think he is some sort of "god", like you moonbats do regarding Obabble. The Cult is your construct, bub.

Atta boy....the very "best" way to retort my an idiot, is to state,
"NO, NO, NOT ME....YOU"

have some more orange kool-aid and keep that bent over position.

The de-Obamafication of America is moving along at a nice pace.

Including the ACA repeal and replace "promise" with something BETTER, CHEAPER and for EVERYBODY as the orange buffoon promised???............
.Just asking.......LOL

Including the ACA repeal and replace "promise" with something BETTER, CHEAPER and for EVERYBODY as the orange buffoon promised???............
.Just asking.......LOL
/——/ He just got the key element of Obozocare gutted. He did try a repeal but a handful of RINOs stopped it. Patience grasshopper. He will kill Obozocare if he has to do it piece by piece.

(Let the "fake news" mantra begin among Trump cultists....LOL)

Donald Trump has had the worst approval rating at the end of his first calendar year in the White House since the dawn of modern polling, sinking to a new low of 35% in a new CNN poll in December.

George W. Bush ended his first calendar year at 86% approval (right after the devastating 9-11 attack) , John F. Kennedy hit 77%, George H.W. Bush reached 71% and Dwight Eisenhower hit 69%.
Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama all finished their first calendar year with approval ratings in the mid-to-high 50s.

Ronald Reagan, previously holder of the worst approval rating in December of a first year in the White House, finished his first calendar year at 49%. (Note: There's time to recover; Reagan cruised to a landslide reelection despite this distinction.)
This is according to a half century of available polling data from CNN, CNN/ORC, CNN/USA Today/Gallup and Gallup.

Trump maintains strong approval numbers among those in his own party — 85% — but struggles with independents at 33% and Democrats at just 4%.
The CNN Poll was conducted by SSRS December 14-17 among a random national sample of 1,001 adults reached on landlines or cellphones by a live interviewer.

Trump's approval rating just entered a league of its own - CNNPolitics
The consequence of minority government.

Had Trump and Congressional Republicans acknowledged the fact that a majority of Americans oppose Trump and the Republican agenda, being more pragmatic and inclusive, as opposed to arrogant and partisan, then their approval ratings might be somewhat better.

I kind of like that right wingers choose to put their heads up their asses, rather than face and admit reality......The eventual shock will be interesting to watch.

It already is - see Alabama race.

.Just asking.......LOL
/——/ He just got the key element of Obozocare gutted. He did try a repeal but a handful of RINOs stopped it. Patience grasshopper. He will kill Obozocare if he has to do it piece by piece.

It got stopped because promises of "a wonderful plan!" that will "cover everyone at fraction of the cost of Obamacare!" were straight up lies like much of what Trump says is. A total bluff.

There was no plan and the crap they came up with was worse for America than just keeping Obamacare.

Thats why people dont like him - he is a shameless fucking liar.

Economy is doing fine and he just passed tax-cuts - you'd think his popularity would be up. NOPE, not when he kept shamelessly lying about how the bill is "middle class oriented" and how "it's not good for me or my rich friends". You can fool some of the people, some of the time, but that circus will fold on you sooner or later.

Forum List

Back