Priesthood celebacy in the Catholic Church

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
Given that Priesthood celibacies has been required since the Church was founded, I am surprised that it has lasted as long as it did.

Some have blamed required Priesthood celibacies on molestation scandals of recent years, what are your thoughts on this? Should the policy change? (Not that I would ever excuse the molestation or blame it solely on the celibacies requirement, mind you).

...non-priests do not have celibacy rules and they molest children

Given that Priesthood celibacies has been required since the Church was founded,

You actually believe they've been celibate?

I seriously doubt neither priests nor nuns are celibate.
1. I'm not bored enough to care or speculate.

2. I believe some have, beyond that, again I'm not bored enough to speculate about others' sex lives or personal business, if I was, I'd be religiously reading the National Inquirer and watching Kim Kardashian's reality TV show as if it was the highlight of my life.

Given that Priesthood celibacies has been required since the Church was founded,

2. I believe some have, beyond that, again I'm not bored enough to speculate about others' sex lives or personal business, if I was, I'd be religiously reading the National Inquirer and watching Kim Kardashian's reality TV show as if it was the highlight of my life.

Then why did you start this thread?

so why did you speculate on it in your OP???!!!!

Then why did you start this thread?
yes--a little Freudian slip there/etc ....hahahhahahahahahha

I didn't speculate on what Priests or Nun's sex lives were, no, unless you're equating molestation scandals with a "sex life", and if so then... er… no comment...

I was basically surprised that the church as an institution has lasted as long as it did, given what a self-sacrifice requiring celibacies is.

I didn't speculate on what Priests or Nun's sex lives were, no, unless you're equating molestation scandals with a "sex life", and if so then... er… no comment...
....Like Will said, you were inferring they don't have sex!!!!

....Like Will said, you were inferring they don't have sex!!!!
Yes, I'm assuming that some of them probably don't, nor am I assuming that all of them are molesters. Why do you care?

I was basically surprised that the church as an institution has lasted as long as it did, given what a self-sacrifice requiring celibacies is.
..like Will SAID--you think they are celibate ????!!!!

Which ones?

Why do you think they aren't?

If you want to make sure priests remain celibate, just let them get married.

Which ones?

....most men have sex--self sex or otherwise...if they don't, there is something wrong with them

Which ones?

....most men have sex--self sex or otherwise...
Most women do too, but you'll have to actually have sex to realize this in person, if you honestly didn't know this, I suppose.

if they don't, there is something wrong with them
Why?

Forum List

Back