Pro-lifers cannot have it both ways

More liberal fearmongering. If government handouts are ended, people will not just sit down and and wait to die. They will change their behavior if they are held accountable for their decisions.
Having been raised to have no discipline and to know how to manipulate people to get what they want, the leftists will endlessly play "I'll hold my breath until my face turns blue" in order to avoid ever having to be accountable for their decisions.

Open up all the defunct state mental institutions and confine them until they either change or die.

13 days

You said no one was lining up to adopt these kids and I proved you a liar, now you're calling me names? Also there are literally thousands of organizations to help these mothers with a place to live, child care and job training so they don't have to give up their kids. Of course you commies are going around trying to burn those places down. I also know a pair of vets that adopted 7 siblings at the same time. So yeah, there are families that will take older kids. So take your propaganda, commie talking points and faux outrage and shove it up your ass.

Actually your source was stupid. It didn’t explain why those 2 million werent weren’t actually doing the adopting. It’s clearly because they all want infants and not older children.

About 135,000 children are adopted in the United States each year. Of non- stepparent adoptions, about 59% are from the child welfare (or foster) system, 26% are from other countries, and 15% are voluntarily relinquished American babies.”

“There are 107,918 foster children eligible for and waiting to be adopted. In 2014, 50,644 foster kids were adopted — a number that has stayed roughly consistent for the past five years. The average age of a waiting child is 7.7 years old and 29% of them will spend at least three years in foster care.”

“The average child waits for an adoptive family for more than three years. 11 percent spend 5 years or more waiting for a family (43,083 children). The average age of children waiting for an adoptive family is 8.”

“On any given day, there are nearly 428,000 children in foster care in the United States. In 2015, over 670,000 children spent time in U.S. foster care. Unfortunately, instead of being safely reunified with their families — or moved quickly into adoptive homes — many will languish for years in foster homes or institutions.

How long does the average child spend in the foster care system?​

More than 60% of children in foster care spend two to five years in the system before being adopted. Almost 20% spend five or more years in foster care before being adopted. Some never get adopted.”

Actually your source was stupid. It didn’t explain why those 2 million werent weren’t actually doing the adopting. It’s clearly because they all want infants and not older children.

About 135,000 children are adopted in the United States each year. Of non- stepparent adoptions, about 59% are from the child welfare (or foster) system, 26% are from other countries, and 15% are voluntarily relinquished American babies.”

“There are 107,918 foster children eligible for and waiting to be adopted. In 2014, 50,644 foster kids were adopted — a number that has stayed roughly consistent for the past five years. The average age of a waiting child is 7.7 years old and 29% of them will spend at least three years in foster care.”

“The average child waits for an adoptive family for more than three years. 11 percent spend 5 years or more waiting for a family (43,083 children). The average age of children waiting for an adoptive family is 8.”

“On any given day, there are nearly 428,000 children in foster care in the United States. In 2015, over 670,000 children spent time in U.S. foster care. Unfortunately, instead of being safely reunified with their families — or moved quickly into adoptive homes — many will languish for years in foster homes or institutions.

How long does the average child spend in the foster care system?​

More than 60% of children in foster care spend two to five years in the system before being adopted. Almost 20% spend five or more years in foster care before being adopted. Some never get adopted.”

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

The lost puppy loves to follow me around. :)
Lookout...

puppy-pooping-960x540.jpg

You do a terrible job at it, apparently.
The value for the dollar received is tremendous. There are people who donate time, donate money and do it no matter their views. What we have is a major party with agendas that promotes bad behaviors and calls it freedom. then charges the taxpayer for it and shames corporate interests to give resources and products away to the affected which raise prices for all consumers.

They can’t tell an impoverished pregnant woman she has to carry the baby to term and then not have her kids receive any government benefits like SNAP after they are born.

Now the automatic response to this is always “well should have never gotten pregnant!”

Uh yeah no shit. Here’s the issue though: the kids exist. They exist right? Should they starve because of something their mom did? Probably not right? You guys get so caught up in shaming the woman that you forget why they get SNAP in the first place. The benefits they get is a small fraction of the full cost to raise a kid every year therefore it’s ridiculous to suggest the mom is profiting off of having kids.

Now some republicans’ fascist solution to this is to force the mom to put the kids up for adoption. Well that’s obviously a stupid idea. It’s not like people are lining up to adopt the kids huh? Meanwhile such a foster system would cost the government an astronomical amount of money per year. Far more than the cost of SNAP.

Do republicans realize how insane it is to suggest a ludicrous idea like this just so that mere PENNIES will not be taken out of their OWN paychecks to pay for this program?

Yeah really Christian of you guys! Jesus would be proud.
Her life CHOICES are NOT my responsibility

More liberal fearmongering. If government handouts are ended, people will not just sit down and and wait to die. They will change their behavior if they are held accountable for their decisions.

Correct, but according to the left, they would just commit more crimes if they don't get their government goodies, so we have no choice but to pander to them. They'd rather harm or kill people than get a job.

The developmentally disabled. They are completely dependent.

You're not going to find many if any Republicans against helping out the truly needy. Our problem is when the left makes it political. They know the more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters. What we are against is people abusing these programs that can otherwise work.

I see it in my grocery line all the time. A fat woman with three kids are in the checkout. They pay for their groceries with food stamps, and then whip out a wad of cash for the beer, wine, greeting cards, huge bags of dog food and cat litter. Then on the way to the exit of the store, stop by the head cashier to buy cigarettes and lottery tickets.

When we see these things happening we take an attitude against these programs. But that doesn't mean we're against the people that actually need them, we're against the people that can work and make their own money to buy their food instead of us buying their food and them using their cash to feed their two huge dogs and three cats.

Have it both ways? The left wing logic is to kill them before they are born to cut down on welfare? Even impoverished mothers love their kids and they don't need abortion activists to talk them into killing them in the womb.

** Pro-lifers cannot have it both ways **​

No, but so-called “transgenders” and their leftist faithful can have it both ways, if you know what I mean. I know, totally off the subject, but I just wanted to use your phrase to point out how sick our nation has become.

Critics of President Biden raised their eyebrows Monday night when they learned that he sat down with a trans activist, Dylan Mulvaney, who wants to "normalize" women having visible "bulges" in their crotch area… "And I wear clothes like this, and we all just normalize women having bulges sometimes because we’re coming up on bikini season, baby, and you might see a bulge or two," Mulvaney said before bursting into song.
Transgender Biden interviewer called to ‘normalize’ trans women having visible ‘bulge’
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As far as your claim Christians do little or nothing to help single mothers who are poor, you are wrong. But that is because you purposefully did not do any research to find out the truth.

They can’t tell an impoverished pregnant woman she has to carry the baby to term and then not have her kids receive any government benefits like SNAP after they are born.

Now the automatic response to this is always “well should have never gotten pregnant!”

Uh yeah no shit. Here’s the issue though: the kids exist. They exist right? Should they starve because of something their mom did? Probably not right? You guys get so caught up in shaming the woman that you forget why they get SNAP in the first place. The benefits they get is a small fraction of the full cost to raise a kid every year therefore it’s ridiculous to suggest the mom is profiting off of having kids.

Now some republicans’ fascist solution to this is to force the mom to put the kids up for adoption. Well that’s obviously a stupid idea. It’s not like people are lining up to adopt the kids huh? Meanwhile such a foster system would cost the government an astronomical amount of money per year. Far more than the cost of SNAP.

Do republicans realize how insane it is to suggest a ludicrous idea like this just so that mere PENNIES will not be taken out of their OWN paychecks to pay for this program?

Yeah really Christian of you guys! Jesus would be proud.
So the argument is unless society is going to pay for the care and feeding of my children I should be allowed to kill them?

You're not going to find many if any Republicans against helping out the truly needy. Our problem is when the left makes it political. They know the more government dependents, the more likely Democrat voters. What we are against is people abusing these programs that can otherwise work.

I see it in my grocery line all the time. A fat woman with three kids are in the checkout. They pay for their groceries with food stamps, and then whip out a wad of cash for the beer, wine, greeting cards, huge bags of dog food and cat litter. Then on the way to the exit of the store, stop by the head cashier to buy cigarettes and lottery tickets.

When we see these things happening we take an attitude against these programs. But that doesn't mean we're against the people that actually need them, we're against the people that can work and make their own money to buy their food instead of us buying their food and them using their cash to feed their two huge dogs and three cats.
Lol I’m well luckily for you the DD rarely actually ever vote. Making them about politics and the left does not make any sense.

Yes you’ve given me this tired story about the checkout line over and over again. Like I said before, you don’t actually know if they are using SNAP. You simply look at these impoverished looking people and blindly assume they are on SNAP because it would reinforce your initial disgust of looking at them. You see such folk as subhuman so of course you assume the worst based on nothing. Could I give you the benefit of the doubt that like, ONE single time you happened to have seen they were using a SNAP card? Maybe. That would be it though. Instead you just pretend any impoverished looking person you see is on government assistance. It makes you feel manly and superior in comparison. Deep down you are just insecure. I mean a real adult would just mind their own business and not eagle eye look to see what’s on that card they are using. That’s pretty juvenile.

Forum List

Back