Yes, no gun culture. Countries with strong gun control don’t have regular mass shootings.

You are nuts....countries with strong gun control have mass shootings...really horrible mass shootings, and around the world the U.S. doesn't even come close to having the most....
When was the last mass shooting in Japan? UK? Germany? Denmark? They are rare in countries with strong gun control. They happen regularly here. Not long ago we had 3 in 2 days.

Japan has never had mass shootings.....as I have posted elsewhere, they live in a police state, and their cultural norms prevent that kind of attack.

The U.K. almost had 4 in the last couple of years, an escalation from the one every 10 years they had before they banned guns, Germany? Germany had the Munich shooting in 2016, and of course, let's not forget the 12 million people they murdered across Europe...the unarmed, helpless people they mass murdered with guns and nerve gas....

10 people killed in Munich...keep in mind, Germany has access to guns, they just don't commit mass public shootings, yet.......

2016 Munich shooting - Wikipedia

On 22 July 2016, a shooting occurred in the vicinity of the Olympia shopping mall in the Moosach district of Munich, Germany. Ten people, including the perpetrator, were killed and 36 others were injured. The shooting took place at a McDonald's restaurant near the shopping mall, in front of a Saturn electronics store nearby, and in the mall itself. The gunman, later identified as 18-year-old David Sonboly, died nearby from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

Denmark.....Denmark, along with the rest of Europe, has easy access to military weapons, yet they still don't have a lot of shootings...culture, not guns........which is why you didn't mention France....

2015 Copenhagen shootings - Wikipedia

On 14–15 February 2015, three separate shootings occurred in Copenhagen, Denmark. In total, two victims and the perpetrator were killed, while five police officers were wounded.

The first shooting took place on 14 February at a small public afternoon event called "Art, Blasphemy and Freedom of Expression" at the Krudttønden cultural centre, where an armed gunman killed one civilian and wounded three police officers. 30 to 40 persons attended the event, amongst which were the Swedish artist Lars Vilks, who was among the key speakers and François Zimeray, Ambassador of France in Denmark, who opened the seminar with his speech just before the attack took place. Lars Vilks is often described as the main target because of his drawings of Muhammad. The second shooting took place later that night (after midnight, and, therefore, on the 15th), outside the city's Great Synagogue in Krystalgade. A gunman killed a young Jewish man on security duty during a bat mitzvah celebration, and wounded two police officers. Later that morning near Nørrebro station, police tracking the suspect shot and killed a man, after he opened fire on them while he attempted to enter a residential building under police surveillance. The man was identified as Omar Abdel Hamid
So your examples are YEARS old. We have mass shootings all the time. Again we had 3 in 2 DAYS recently. They don’t have a gun culture, mass shootings are rare.

No, moron, mass public shootings are rare in those countries, for now, because of their cultures..... we have a more advanced media culture, and have had family destruction longer than they have had it...but they are catching up.... and Europe is awash in illegal guns.....

Yes they don’t have a gun culture.

And they are frequent here and rare in countries with strong gun control.

I wouldn't call something that accounts for less than 1% frequent

I would call something that accounts for 70% frequent
Compare how often we have them to the UK.

The U.K. averaged one mass public shooting every ten years before they banned guns, and they had one each 10 years so far after they banned guns....gun control didn't change their mass public shooting events...in fact, they almost had 4 in the last few years that were stopped by dumb luck, and not one of their gun control laws stopped them....4...in the last few years vs. 1 every 10 years before they banned guns.... their gun control is not working....
Ownership has always been low, hence few mass shootings and low homicide rates.

Nope, their culture is different..... one mass public shooting every 10 years when they had guns.....now they almost had 4 in the last few years, which were only stopped because of dumb luck......that is what you call an escalation....after they banned and confiscated guns....their violent crime rates are going up.....and they are handicapping their police.

You keep using the term, "Violent Crime Rate". Now, look at the Gun Crime Rate in order to come up with a comparison. The Brits idea of a Violent Crime Rate is a punch in the nose. Apples and Oranges. Take a gander at this chart.

firearms-britain-menaced.jpg

The U.K. averaged one mass public shooting every ten years before they banned guns, and they had one each 10 years so far after they banned guns....gun control didn't change their mass public shooting events...in fact, they almost had 4 in the last few years that were stopped by dumb luck, and not one of their gun control laws stopped them....4...in the last few years vs. 1 every 10 years before they banned guns.... their gun control is not working....

Nope, their culture is different..... one mass public shooting every 10 years when they had guns.....now they almost had 4 in the last few years, which were only stopped because of dumb luck......that is what you call an escalation....after they banned and confiscated guns....their violent crime rates are going up.....and they are handicapping their police.
Yes, no gun culture. Countries with strong gun control don’t have regular mass shootings.

You are nuts....countries with strong gun control have mass shootings...really horrible mass shootings, and around the world the U.S. doesn't even come close to having the most....

I will admit we don't have as many as Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan or Yemen. But we are just below Yemen and surprising, we have the same gun laws that Yemen has with almost the same results. But it takes an armed civil war in Yemen to get the same annual results we get in the US.

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States.

We don't have a security problem with the Federal Government Troops as the 2nd amendment was intended to prevent. But that is as far as it goes.

If guns make us safe and secure, why so many gun deaths compared to other civilized nations?
Because idiot progressives illegally ban firearms where they can - creating victim zones. Such as schools.

The fact is, crime has been plummeting over the past 30 years as firearm sales have been skyrocketing. Game over.

Yes the BIG LIE, the grist of right wingers who use unrelated facts and unprincipled opinions. 'The fact is correlation does not prove causation.

If guns make us safe and secure, why so many gun deaths compared to other civilized nations?
Because idiot progressives illegally ban firearms where they can - creating victim zones. Such as schools.

The fact is, crime has been plummeting over the past 30 years as firearm sales have been skyrocketing. Game over.

Yes the BIG LIE, the grist of right wingers who use unrelated facts and unprincipled opinions. 'The fact is correlation does not prove causation.
Apply that "correlation" principle evenly.

So is it gun laws or cities that cause murder?

CA has strict gun laws but not the lowest murder rate
Could it be the ultra violent inner city violence that stems from generational poverty, segregation, unemployment, under employment, drugs and gangs that drive the murder rate in these ultra violent inner city neighborhoods to a level that these very few areas skew the murder rate for the entire country?

The answer is YES

No. The real colaration comes from the lack of decent jobs versus the cost of living. California is second to only NYC in the cost of living expenses. But it's the whole state versus one city. People aren't making enough to live on on the average. The decline of the Metro Cities starts with Industry leaving the Cities leaving a huge void. California is different. They have the jobs but the cost of living is so high that the companies cannot afford to pay the workers enough for the workers to live on. While the rest of the nation may require a 10 to a 15 dollar min wage, California requires at least a 25 buck an hour min wage. Just how many jobs paying 10 bucks an hour does one person need to work to make ends meet in California. So Crime pays better. In NYC, they are attracting high paying jobs like Amazon which starts people out at least 40K a year. The average worker salary at the new facility will be 60K. Amazon isn't importing many workers. The workers are already there. When Industry returns, the crime rate gets squeezed out if it pays a livable wage. CA has the industry but doesn't pay a livable wage hence the high crime rate. Guns, either more or less, have nothing to do with it and neither does the gun regs. Now, try it in CA without the gun regs and watch the body count go insane.
Hence the term under employment.

And you have no data to prove your claim that reducing gun restrictions in CA would increase the murder rate.

The equation

MORE GUN LAWS = LOWER MURDER RATES is patently false

Not just a few days ago, a shooting happened where the only weapon the shooter could easily obtain was a handgun. He killed 12 people and himself with just one handgun. With his skill sets, what could he have done with a full blown AR-15 and 3 30 round mags in the same time. I don't think he could have broken the record set in Vegas but he could have come mighty close.
More speculation therefore meaningless

You can't handle the truth.

Nothing you say is true.

Nuts is putting guns over the lives of our children.

What you cant understand is that my guns pose no threat to any children.

The equation

MORE GUN LAWS = LOWER MURDER RATES is patently false

That's what the stats say generally.

No they don't

If they did then NH would have a higher murder rate than CA
Gun ownership rate in NH is lower than CA.

Like every other state, you have gun horders in every state. Gun Ownership is low so we look at per capita and NH has a lower per capita violent gun rate than CA does. So does NYC. In fact, per capita, NYC has a lower violent gun rate than NH does. NYC sort of blows the whole gunnutter argument right out of the water.

Comparing cities to states

invalid

more of the false equivalency.

One cares about gun rights that must automatically mean that he does not care for or has less care for the lives of children.

Idiot care more about keeping guns hidden or confiscated than having them readyTo defend children.

Your easy access to guns means killers have easy access.

Who says I have easy access?

All my gun purchases have been subject to a background check
I had to get get fingerprinted like a fucking criminal and get an additional permit that allows me to carry concealed and to purchase handguns

I am not responsible for the crime other people commit

No....criminals in Europe have easy access to guns....they just don't use them for murder.

With your plan, Americans who use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies, murders and often mass public shootings....would be raped, robbed, and murdered by criminals or mass shooters...you want more victims not fewer victims.....keep violent criminals locked up, that is the way you actually lower the crime rate.

Comparing cities to states

invalid

Why because cities generally have LOWER rates of gun violence?

MMMMM...no...that can't be it...

Hey moron a city is part of a state

and FYI rural areas tend to have more guns AND lower murder rates than cities

So by your "logic" I could use the murder rate of my town which is virtually ZERO and compare it to any state or any city

I wouldn't call something that accounts for less than 1% frequent

I would call something that accounts for 70% frequent

You keep using the term, "Violent Crime Rate". Now, look at the Gun Crime Rate in order to come up with a comparison. The Brits idea of a Violent Crime Rate is a punch in the nose. Apples and Oranges. Take a gander at this chart.

firearms-britain-menaced.jpg

Sorry, your chart has no link as to it's origin.....and as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun murder rate went down 49%.....that is a fact...you guys keep mixing criminals who use illegal guns they can't buy, own or carry, with normal, law abiding gun owners....and think you are making a valid point...you aren't...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Who says I have easy access?

All my gun purchases have been subject to a background check
I had to get get fingerprinted like a fucking criminal and get an additional permit that allows me to carry concealed and to purchase handguns

I am not responsible for the crime other people commit
Sounds easy.

Forum List

Back