Prominent lawyer Lisa Bloom sought donor cash for two Trump accusers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me make sure I understand the benchmarks being laid down here.

1) No one should raise money for the victim of a crime.

2) No one should sell the rights to a story about the victim of a crime.

Do I have that right?

Crime? Was someone murdered?

Being reported by many, if this is true, what does this mean for Americas future? Is this in fact the angle the left are looking to exploit and abuse? I am betting yes. Right out of the Communist handbook.

A well-known women’s rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trumpduring the final months of the 2016 election, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included offering to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

The women’s accounts were chronicled in contemporaneous contractual documents, emails and text messages reviewed by The Hill, including an exchange of texts between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were contacted during the effort.

Bloom, who has assisted dozens of women in prominent harassment cases and also defended film executive Harvey Weinstein earlier this year, represented four women considering making accusations against Trump last year. Two went public, and two declined.
You know the Republicans paid the legal costs for Bill Clinton's accusers right?

You understand there is a difference between paying for someone's legal costs and paying them to make a claim, right?

And what legal costs have they had exactly?
It amounts to the same thing in the end. You are paying someone to make a claim. Would they have made the claim if they had not been paid? This splitting of hairs is nothing more than partisan hypocrisy.

Again difference between paying someone to make a claim and offering to pay legal fees after they've made one.
Would they have made the claim without the promise of compensation? Doubtful. Your atr trying to grab the nonexistent higher ground in the scum.

Lisa connected Jill Harth with a donor to pay off her mortgage on her Queen's apartment.

:lol:

But keep believing that these women are genuine. ETA: not you personally.

Partisanship aside, it would be a good thing if assault and harassment were disqualifiers for office.

Being reported by many, if this is true, what does this mean for Americas future? Is this in fact the angle the left are looking to exploit and abuse? I am betting yes. Right out of the Communist handbook.

A well-known women’s rights lawyer sought to arrange compensation from donors and tabloid media outlets for women who made or considered making sexual misconduct allegations against Donald Trumpduring the final months of the 2016 election, according to documents and interviews.

California lawyer Lisa Bloom’s efforts included offering to sell alleged victims’ stories to TV outlets in return for a commission for herself, arranging a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempting to secure a six-figure payment for another woman who ultimately declined to come forward after being offered as much as $750,000, the clients told The Hill.

The women’s accounts were chronicled in contemporaneous contractual documents, emails and text messages reviewed by The Hill, including an exchange of texts between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were contacted during the effort.

Bloom, who has assisted dozens of women in prominent harassment cases and also defended film executive Harvey Weinstein earlier this year, represented four women considering making accusations against Trump last year. Two went public, and two declined.

You cite "true Pundit"...........???Damn, you are surely a stupid troll.....

The websites — which include True Pundit, the Gateway Pundit and Imperialist U — are regular features on the list of “Top Domains” pushed by a network of 600 Twitter accounts followed by the German Marshall Fund of the United States, which tracks a Russian disinformation and propaganda campaign focused on U.S. voters.

Breitbart, other 'alt-right' websites are the darlings of Russian propaganda effort

You cite "true Pundit"...........???Damn, you are surely a stupid troll.....

The websites — which include True Pundit, the Gateway Pundit and Imperialist U — are regular features on the list of “Top Domains” pushed by a network of 600 Twitter accounts followed by the German Marshall Fund of the United States, which tracks a Russian disinformation and propaganda campaign focused on U.S. voters.

Breitbart, other 'alt-right' websites are the darlings of Russian propaganda effort

I'm at THE HILL. So fuck right off. :) But I'm in a good mood so have a nice day but fuck right off.

Exclusive: Prominent lawyer sought donor cash for two Trump accusers

I think she just ended the #metoo movement

Or at least rename it to, $$METOO!
Look at Cosby. If a woman is going to accuse a wealthy/powerful male, she's going to have to get money. Pro bono lawyers have agendas ... even the best of them.

And a lot more including book deals with Bloom (A greedy Jew like her mom, Gloria Allred) getting a commission in return for their TV show interviews.

I certainly don't understand why trampanzees/RWrs get tagged with that unfair anti-semitic label.

I cannot ever recall any conservatives here at USMB object to Steve's anti-semitic posts.

TruePundit dismissed but TheHill was your first decent source like ....... EVER!

Thanks for something other than Gateway Pundit Steverino, BUT -

"Donors reached out to my firm directly to help some of the women I represented," said Bloom, whose clients have also included accusers of Bill Cosby and Bill O'Reilly.

Bloom said her goal in securing money was not to pressure the women to come forward, but rather to help them relocate or arrange security if they felt unsafe during the waning days of a vitriolic election.​

So this is unreasonable or unethical HOW? Sorry man, but these women were getting multiple death threats from Trumplings. Security was absolutely necessary.

I certainly don't understand why trampanzees/RWrs get tagged with that unfair anti-semitic label.

"Bannonites" simply cannot help themselves. Sad :(

5728a4ac4cd2907a3185a75c85717316.jpg

(A greedy Jew

I left the only part of Steve's post that is really relevant to why he started this thread.

Always fascinating to hear from Trump voters.
You don't seem to have a problem calling out this greedy Jewess and her mother. Why?

You don't seem to have a problem being a racist, a bigot, an antisemite and just a horrible human being. Why?
No I don't have a problem due to my White Privilege. On the other hand for the record, Steve McGarrett is a wonderful Christian moral man of character who loves his Constitution and country while respecting our founders original intent of the type of people they specifically created this country for. See the Naturalization Act of 1790.

When you combine multiple accusations, some of which came out before Trump was running for office, with Trumps own recorded words, then yes I believe some of them are likely true.

And a lot more including book deals with Bloom (A greedy Jew like her mom, Gloria Allred) getting a commission in return for their TV show interviews.

I cannot ever recall any conservatives here at USMB object to Steve's anti-semitic posts.

I've called him out and asked him that same question about his racist views. I cannot do anything more but try to ignore his rants, the world is full of all kinds...

I've called him out and asked him that same question about his racist views. I cannot do anything more but try to ignore his rants, the world is full of all kinds...
I think he's just trolling. Why the mods seem to accept it while tagging more innocuous stuff is a mystery to me. And one reason I don't much care about what's said here anymore.

I call him out pretty much every time I see one of his many anti-Jew, anti-black, anti-Mexican, anti-gay hate threads.

We have choices to make- either call out the bigots- or ignore them. I prefer to call them out- and make it clear that as a liberal- I oppose the message that he claims that he is making as a Conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back