Proof How Your Religion Could Be Made Up

Were 7000 years old according to christians.
nah....we're 7000 years old according to what a handful of young earthers and a whole lot of ignorant atheists believe.......

The cosmos are eternal. Our universe is 14 billionaire years old. The earth only a couple billion. Life existed for 1 billion and humans only 1 million.

No athiest thinks we are only 7000 years old. Only theists who believe in god and doubt science believe that.

IMO the universe is older than 14 billion years, but that's just me. Life on Earth has existed for 3.5 BILLION years. Multicellular life for over 1.7 BILLION years. Homo Sapiens Sapiens for around 200,000 years. Most religious people likewise know the planet is over 6,000 years old. You rely on insults that are believed by a very small minority of religious people. Get your facts straight

I actually do have first hand experience with the gawds. You are being mislead by your false gawds.

What are you going to do about that?

Do? Nothing. That's between you and God when you stand before Him and He asks you why He should give you the time of day. And, you're illustrating exactly what I said.
On the contrary, you are worshipping false gawds. Now that you have been given the error of your ways, it's Zeus or an eternity of hell.

Now who is being insistent? I told you from the beginning that I don't expect you to either understand or believe.
But it is you who doesn't understand.

No, I understand what I know. I also understand that you do not, and cannot, yet.
Tell that to Vishnu when you're standing at the pearly gates.

Do? Nothing. That's between you and God when you stand before Him and He asks you why He should give you the time of day. And, you're illustrating exactly what I said.
On the contrary, you are worshipping false gawds. Now that you have been given the error of your ways, it's Zeus or an eternity of hell.

Now who is being insistent? I told you from the beginning that I don't expect you to either understand or believe.
But it is you who doesn't understand.

No, I understand what I know. I also understand that you do not, and cannot, yet.
Tell that to Vishnu when you're standing at the pearly gates.

I won't have to.

It ultimately comes down to humility vs arrogance. Those who insist they can prove God doesn't exist apparently believe themselves to be the ultimate intellect not only in our universe, but in everywhere and for all time. A higher being who created the universe would have no trouble at all entering and leaving it whenever and however He desired.
Then come on in and show himself! What's he waiting for?

Atheists don't claim to know anything for certain. Theists do. Theism is arrogance and ignorance..

We can prove Jesus doesn't exist same way we know leprechauns or witches don't exist. Scientifically and logically

Ah, yes, the old "do a trick" nonsense. This is how that inevitably would play out. He shows up, does exactly what you say He couldn't and what do you do? Demand another trick. That's not the way He works, and why should He? He calls you and lets you decide whether to react positively or negatively. And no, you can no more prove Jesus doesn't exist than an American ant can prove Pandas don't exist.

I can prove miracles don't exist. Never has one been scientifically verified.

We couldn't prove oj killed Nicole but were pretty sure.

You can't prove a negative for one, and you can't prove no miracle has ever occurred. Seriously, you're claiming great intellectual prowess and you don't understand that?

You claim such great intellect that you are able to speak to god.

No, that comes from Him, not from me.

It ultimately comes down to humility vs arrogance. Those who insist they can prove God doesn't exist apparently believe themselves to be the ultimate intellect not only in our universe, but in everywhere and for all time. A higher being who created the universe would have no trouble at all entering and leaving it whenever and however He desired.
Isn't there a certain arrogance with theists demanding belief in their partisan gawds while cynically rejecting belief in the other conceptions of gawds? Can we accept your acknowledgment that Zeus, Osiris, Oden, etc., etc., are just as viable and just as likely the "true gawds" as your conception of gawds?

You can accept or acknowledge whatever you want to. Since you don't have first hand experience with God, I don't expect you to differentiate between fact and fiction.
I understand you're hoping to dodge a relevant question. You appear to refer to one particular, partisan conception of gawd. How are your gawds "true" vs. the aforementioned gawds?

Are you suggesting you have first hand experience with one or more gawds?

I'm not ducking anything. Absolutely I have first hand experience with God. You don't, so I don't expect you to understand or believe anything, yet.
If I told you I saw your wife sleeping with another man would you want proof?

Now imagine I told you a god told me in a dream your wife was cheating with a devil. And he tried to tell you but you aren't smart enough to hear him.

And if you don't expect us to understand why would god? All he has to do is talk to us or send us a real sign. Not a bad phonecall that someone I love is sick or a car accident that I narrowly survive.

Which would be followed by non-believers insisting on yet another sign, and another, and another, and every following generation would want their own, etc, etc. "Do a trick" doesn't work.

Was Tacitus the first Brian Williams?

LOLz

"I'm going to make up an entire groups, Christians, because well it's cool" -- things never said by Tacitus to appease Sealy and other people who don't think

LOLz

Who cares if a small but growing sect called christians was growing at the time? Anything written about the miracles was hearsay.

Greeks were invited into the synagogues and they liked the rituals and community but it takes a lot to become a Jew. So they made a new religion for gentiles. Very easy to join. Believe be baptized and give to the church and the rest is all symantics.

I thought they were a myth?

How are they small and growing if they're a myth?

nah....we're 7000 years old according to what a handful of young earthers and a whole lot of ignorant atheists believe.......
You YEC'ists don't re-write your bibles the way so many of the cafeteria Christians do.
I see you are still relying on lies and insults instead of engaging in debate....I had hoped another semester in high school might have widened your horizons.....
Your reply to me is just like her reply to you.
no....because she knows for a fact that I am not a young earther......and I know for a fact that you believe all Christians believe in a young earth.....thus, my comment was true and her's was a lie.......that makes all the difference.....
You YEC'ists don't re-write your bibles the way so many of the cafeteria Christians do.
I see you are still relying on lies and insults instead of engaging in debate....I had hoped another semester in high school might have widened your horizons.....
Your reply to me is just like her reply to you.
no....because she knows for a fact that I am not a young earther......and I know for a fact that you believe all Christians believe in a young earth.....thus, my comment was true and her's was a lie.......that makes all the difference.....
I have no facts that point to you not being a YEC'ist. The facts are that your views are generally consistent with the YEC'ist crowd.
really?.....how about the fact I have specifically posted over a dozen times that I don't believe in a young earth....there are some that might consider that credible evidence regarding what my belief is.......

Here's an analogy which might help. It is like high school student arguing that there is no such thing as a circle because all they know is linear algebra. Yes, mathematically speaking one can not prove a circle with linear algebra, but they do exist. Understanding God actually takes a bigger brain than someone who claims they can explain why there is not one.

I was reading Job yesterday and something occurred to me as I read 34:4 "Let us choose to us judgement: let us know among ourselves what is good." Elihu says this who is actually the voice of Satan. Maybe that was what was wrong with the apple, the knowledge of good and evil. With the knowledge of good and evil one can judge. And who do we judge? God The judges have been growing ever since Cain judged God and decided God was in error. Now we have judges which deny God even exists.

We insisting we can know all of what God does and all of His motivations is no more significant than a bunch of infants trying to understand why Daddy leaves every morning and returns every evening.
Which gawd? What intentions does Odin have?
the fact we believe in God does not mean we also have to believe in Odin......that is the basic concept of free will.....

Were arrogant and ignorant because we use science to prove we are not special in the cosmos and you who think you're gods favorite and will become a god yourself when you die is not?
actually you are close.....you are arrogant and ignorant because you believe you have used science to prove you aren't special in the cosmos......

Here's an analogy which might help. It is like high school student arguing that there is no such thing as a circle because all they know is linear algebra. Yes, mathematically speaking one can not prove a circle with linear algebra, but they do exist. Understanding God actually takes a bigger brain than someone who claims they can explain why there is not one.

Then come on in and show himself! What's he waiting for?
the Second Coming....

Here's an analogy which might help. It is like high school student arguing that there is no such thing as a circle because all they know is linear algebra. Yes, mathematically speaking one can not prove a circle with linear algebra, but they do exist. Understanding God actually takes a bigger brain than someone who claims they can explain why there hy this not one.
We understand every argument why you believe there must be a god. Very compelling if you don't know science but when you do you realize every argument for god is fatally flawed.

And if you believe an organized religions stories then you are too bias

Oh and why is it early christianity first started recruiting in the most illiterate parts of the world?

Atheists score higher on IQ tests. But go on with explaining how we aren't smart enough.

And so why would god punish our stupidity?

I thought it was because we were evil. Now you say its because we dumb?
Just got reminded I wanted to reply to your 'higher IQ scores'. You ever been to a MENSA meeting? Worst thing on earth.

Forum List

Back